java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time

I get the following error message...
java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as
java.sql.Time

>From the following SQL call...

SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS
LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength,
RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS
NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl
ORDER BY #OrderKey#

I am using ColdFusion 7 on MySQL 4.1.12a. I'm not a Java programmer -
I don't know any Java, but ColdFusion acts essentially as a script
layer to J2EE, so for some reason it's throwing a Java error. I'm
especially stuck, because I need to resolve this without programming
any Java, and the Adobe forums for ColdFusion and MySQL groups are no
help.

The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" data
type in the database. In the MySQL documentation, it says that
00:00:00 is allowable for time (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/
en/ time.html).

So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable
value? And is there anything I can do?

0
mehatespam1085
7/30/2007 1:44:29 PM
comp.lang.java.databases 3049 articles. 0 followers. samyaksulabh (16) is leader. Post Follow

>So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable
>value? And is there anything I can do?
one way is to store the values as raw ints or longs as far as SQL is
concerned.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

>I get the following error message...
> java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as
> java.sql.Time

[snip]

> The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" data
> type in the database. In the MySQL documentation, it says that
> 00:00:00 is allowable for time (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/
> en/ time.html).

Note that TIME in MySQL is not intended to be used in the same way as
java.sql.Time.

While an instance of java.sql.Time denotes a time of day, TIME in MySQL is
primarily used for denoting a time length. As such TIME can exceed valid
values of a java.sql.Time.

The documentation also says that "illegal" values always will come up as
00:00:00.

> So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's
> an allowable value?

I can't really answer to your question, as I have shut down my MySQL for
now... ;-)

> And is there anything I can do?

As the use of TIME and java.sql.Time are different, I'd suggest that you
retrieve it as a String instead, parse it into a type of your own (e.g. a
"Timespan" or similar).

/// Bjorn A

0
Bjorn

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Database and java.sql.SQLException Questions
Hello everyone!! I am back for some more much need advice and assistance! I am creating a database for the first time. I am changing some programs I recently wrote to work with this database that have to do with Salesmen. I am getting the below error when I compile CreateDatabase.java. In that I am creating the database SalesDatabase and then creating 5 tables (Users, SType, Salesman, Sales, Product). The first thing I do is create those tables and then insert informtion into the SType table and Product table. SType is the SalesType of a salesman, meaning Entry, Junior or Senior ...

java.sql or javax.sql?
Why are there both a java.sql and a javax.sql API? "JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes: > Why are there both a java.sql and a javax.sql API? In short, java.sql is part of J2SE, and javax.sql is part of J2EE. ...

java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table
Hello NG, with Informix I get the error java.sql.SQLException: Could not open database table in my servlet after 253 or 254 selects/updates. Any idea how to solve this Problem. Its Informix SE and its not a Problem from the jdbc driver.... Chris You can find the text behind any error message by typing finderr <msgno> at the command prompt. The ones you're getting come out as: -253 Identifier length exceeds the maximum allowed by this version of the server. A name in the statement exceeds the maximum length. In 7.x, 8.x, and 9.1x versions of the databa...

(Again) java.util.Date vs java.sql.Date
Hi there, (Again) Im trying to understand the EXACT difference between java.util.Date vs java.sql.Date. Googling, I can see that this is a very "popular" subject, but I still cannot figure out it exactly. Many writers claim that java.sql.Date only stores the DATE part (yyyy- mm-dd) but not the TIME part (hh:MM:ss) of a Date/Time value, but that I can easily disprove: java.util.Date ud = new java.util.Date(); java.sql.Date sd = new java.sql.Date(ud.getTime()); System.out.println(DateFormatUtils.format(ud, "yyyy-mm-dd hh:MM:ss.SSS")); System.out.println(DateFormatU...

Converting java.util.Date to java.sql.Date
Hello Friends In my program i am using the following codes: Date today = new Date(); log.debug("today is"+today); SimpleDateFormat fmt = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-mm-dd"); String todayStr = fmt.format(today); log.debug("todayStr value"+todayStr); java.sql.Date dt = java.sql.Date.valueOf(new String(todayStr)); log.debug("current Dt is:"+dt); The output iam getting is like this: today is Sat Sep 09 19:20:13 IST 2006(from java.util.Date) todayStr value 2006-20-09(from string value) current Dt is: 2007-08-09(from java.sql.Date) So h...

Cast from java.util.DATE to java.sql.DATE
DB ORACLE Calendar stCal = Calendar.getInstance(); stmt.setDate(COLUMN_DATA, stCal.getTime()); doesn't work because setDate method Sorry for the first post.... DB ORACLE Calendar stCal = Calendar.getInstance(); stmt.setDate(COLUMN_DATA, stCal.getTime()); doesn't work because setDate method (int, java.sql.Date) in the type PreparedStatement is not applicable for the arguments (int, java.util.Date) If I try with: stmt.setDate(COLUMN_DATA, (java.sql.Date)stCal.getTime()); I obtain a class cast exception Any solution? How can I insert a java.util.date obta...

Convert java.util.Date to java.sql.Date
I convert java.util.Date to java.sql.Date this way:java.util.Date utilDate = new java.util.Date();java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(utilDate.getTime());And then send sqlDate to prepareStatement.ps.setDate(1, sqlDate).But I got the date such as dd-mm-yyyy. And I need also take hours,minutes pm(am).How can I get the Date "dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm a"? Bumsys@gmail.com wrote: > I convert java.util.Date to java.sql.Date this way: > > java.util.Date utilDate = new java.util.Date(); > java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(utilDate.getTime()); > > And then send sqlD...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

java.sql.Time
Can somebody pls explain me why is the result of System.out.println("Difference: " + new java.sql.Time(Math.abs(java.sql.Time.valueOf("18:44:36").getTime() - java.sql.Time.valueOf("08:44:36").getTime()))); -----> Difference: 11:00:00 When it is so obvious that it shoud be 10:00:00!!!!???? I really can't locate the problem, maybe there is some underlying conversion that I'm not aware of??? Thx Dejan "DeZZaN" <dejandj7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:37e1738e.0312210125.2d3d34f9@posting.google.com... > Can somebody pls explain me ...

Java.sql.SQlException
Hi, I am trying to get an SQL statement to check that the users ID and the ID row in a table match. There maybe up to a hundred users using the database. I have two tables in SQl Server express - Users and Property1 both with a SurveyID column ie Users.SurveyID and Prop1.SurveyID The SQL statement is: String querySQL=("Select * from Prop1_WallFinish where SurveyID = \"Users.SurveyID\"" ); I am getting a java.sql.SQlException: Invalid column name. Could anyone point out what is wrong with the statement??? Thanks Clive Clive_ wrote: > I am trying to get an SQL sta...

SQL ERROR while executing the code java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01008: not all variables bound
Hi all i'm getting the above error plz tell me how to solve that error the code snippet is as bellow while(rst.next()){ con1=DriverManager.getConnection(url2,"rcxdev1","rcxdev1"); PreparedStatement pstmt=null; pstmt=con1.prepareStatement(sb.toString()); for(int i=0;i<mp.size();i++){ if((mp.get(rst.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(i+1)).equals("NUMBER"))) { pstmt.setInt(i+1,rst.getInt(i+1)); System.out.println("number "+i+" "+rst.getInt(i+1)); } if((mp.get(rst...

FREE JAVA GUIDE- free Java, j2ee, sql and plsql tutorials
This site lists General Java tutorials and tutorials on specific Java programming topics. This site lists fully documented java tutorials, java servlets, JSP pages, and related Java technologies like sql tutorials and plsql tutorials All this at http://www.freejavaguide.com -- Message posted via JavaKB.com http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-setup/200604/1 ...

JDBC error with mysql timediff value (java.sql.SQLException: Bad format for Time)
I am running a mysql query that creates a timediff value and sends back to a java servlet I am getting a java error (Error code 0, SQL state S1009: java.sql.SQLException: Bad format for Time '410:37:42' in column 5) So am wondering do I fix this in mysql land or java land? Can I modify the timediff to an integer in mysql so JDBC will like it? should I post this to a java group? terry433iid@yahoo.com: > I am running a mysql query that creates a timediff value and sends > back to a java servlet > > I am getting a java error (Error code 0, SQL state S1009: > java.sql.SQLException: Bad format for Time '410:37:42' in column 5) > > So am wondering do I fix this in mysql land or java land? Can I modify > the timediff to an integer in mysql so JDBC will like it? Have you considered TIMESTAMPDIFF() with the interval parameter set to seconds? -- Erick On 12 June, 11:00, Erick T. Barkhuis <erick.use-...@ardane.c-o-m> wrote: > terry433...@yahoo.com: > > > I am running a mysql query that creates a timediff value and sends > > back to a java servlet > > > I am getting a java error (Error code 0, SQL state S1009: > > java.sql.SQLException: Bad format for Time '410:37:42' in column 5) > > > So am wondering do I fix this in mysql land or java land? Can I modify > > the timediff to an integer in mysql so JDBC will like it? > > Have you considered TIMESTAMPDIFF() with the ...

Dear all, While trying to load a big table, I received the following error. Is there any way to circumvent this problem without doing additional programming? Thanks you help, Kirill Andreev ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.toolbox.database.fetchTheData.dataFetch(fetchTheData.java: 740) Error in ==> cursor....

US-CT: Stamford -Senior Java Developer with Core Java and SQL Experience...
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Senior Java Developer with Core Java and SQL Experience... Job Location: CT: Stamford Pay Rate: Open Job Length: over 1 year (contract) Start Date: 2009-02-20 Company Name: Genesis10 Contact: Sus...

US-CT: Stamford -Senior Java Developer with Core Java and SQL Experience...
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Senior Java Developer with Core Java and SQL Experience... Job Location: CT: Stamford Pay Rate: Open Job Length: over 1 year (contract) Start Date: 2009-02-05 Company Name: Genesis10 Contact: Susan Clifton Pho...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

java to java networking
I have not written any socket code before or done any RMI. I'd like to do the developer certification and also I have my own project waiting in the wings that would benefit from this. The latter is my primary concern. I have a distibuted java application (is this the right term?) that exists on many users PCs on a network. This is essentially just gui code. I then have a central java 'server' application that applies the model & all the business rules. The view application needs to deal just with the business app, which in turn deals with the data layer, MySQL, Flatfile or ...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, 2mo. (45391957601)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, 2mo. (45391957601) ====================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ALM00034 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2mo Skills: Development experience with previous Team Lead or Management experience Java with heavy JDBC, JMS, XML, XSLT and J2EE WebSphere Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL and SQL Server Excellent communication skills Ability to interact with management Scope: Our com...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, 2mo. (45391932742)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, 2mo. (45391932742) ====================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ALM00034 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2mo Skills: Development experience with previous Team Lead or Management experience Java with heavy JDBC, JMS, XML, XSLT and J2EE WebSphere Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL and SQL Server Excellent communication skills Ability to interact with management Scop...

Web resources about - java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time - comp.lang.java.databases