getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator in standalone eclipse

hi..

trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator

what jar am i missing?

0
emaayan (217)
2/11/2007 7:19:58 AM
comp.lang.java.gui 8286 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Elhanan <emaayan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi..
>
> trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator
>
> what jar am i missing?

"International Components for Unicode" (ICU)

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.sdk-feature/plugins/com.ibm.icu/

See also: http://icu.sourceforge.net/
and http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp

Regards,
Christian

0
Christian

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-so...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/mq/server/MQSESSION
Can anybody help me on this? I am getting the below error but have not got a clue why. The file in my classpath eing used has the class that it says is not defined. Any ideas? I am running java version 1.4.0 and WMQ Series version 5.3 with CSD04. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/mq/server/MQSESSION at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSIONServer.getMQSESSION(MQSESSIONServer.java:67) at com.ibm.mq.MQSESSION.getSession(MQSESSION.java:241) at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java: 148) at com.ibm.mq.MQ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during com...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Hi, Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT. Thanks Maneesh org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518) a...

NEWBIE: Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/
Dear Readers, the last time I saw people asking this question was in 2000 and 2001 and no one has concluded it as to how they resolved the issue. I wrote my sample program using Eclipse. that compiled and ran to display the results at the bottom. wanted to familiarize with the tool. so wrote the program and compiled the program. when i compiled at command line, the program compiled fine. when i try to ran it: it gave the Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/ error. eclipse had a bunch of jar files from the c:\jsdk1.4.2._05 lib files under it. so i changed the clas...

getting error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Hi Guys, im starting out in java and i'm getting the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: blurf if i run "javac blurf.java", it compiles fine and without any troubles. when i try to run it (its a simple hello world program) i get the above error. i need some help :) -nat * NathanK <me@me.com> wrote: > Hi Guys, > > im starting out in java and i'm getting the error: Exception in thread > "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: blurf > > if i run "javac blurf.java", it compiles fine and with...

getting error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Hi Guys, im starting out in java and i'm getting the error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: blurf if i run "javac blurf.java", it compiles fine and without any troubles. when i try to run it (its a simple hello world program) i get the above error. i need some help :) -nat "NathanK" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:4044f218@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi Guys, > > im starting out in java and i'm getting the error: Exception in thread > "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: blu...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

Eclipse & java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for website
Hello All, Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am maintaining a java-based website that I didn't originally create. The development platform is Eclipse Version 2.1.3. As an upgrade to the site I'm trying to add a few new .jar files, as well as references to those .jar files in existing code. Everything compiles correctly in Eclipse, but when I implement the new code and try to access the site, I receive this (I've masked the path and true file name): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/path1/path2/path3/FileName In Eclipse I included the new .jar files in the buil...

URLClassLoader plugin system.... getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
im working on a plugin system that reads an XML and loads classes from jars. Each module is loaded via a new URLClassLoader with their url. The XML also contains names for each module ... any module that wants another module calls the static meathod in Hub getModuleInstance(name) .... this returns a module (an interface)... All was going well for awhile while i was working on it and trying it via my IDE...I recently created an ant build script that makes jars from everything... so now the module classes are only in the jars... not the jars and the classpath as was the case when ran from my ID...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/microsoft/jdbc/base/BaseDriver
Hello This is really irritating. Trying to connect to an SQL Server 2000 database using MS SQL JDBC (the MS implementation). Keep getting the above error and I have checked CLASSPATH repeatedly to make sure msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar and msutil.jar are listed in it. Have copied the relevant jars to working directory with no success. All I am trying to do is gain a connection to the database. I have googled around and cannot find much to help. The basic response issue seems to be a missing class but I am sure that CLASSPATH is set properly. My CLASSPATH is c:\j2sdk1.4.2_07\lib;C:\Pro...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
When I tried to make standalone application in matalb,I got this message and could not continue "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.mathworks.toolbox.compiler.plugin.MccWrapper" >> I cannot fix it.Any one who can help? ...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError (AGAIN!)
Searching google, I know this question has been asked tens of thousands of times, and after reading hundreds of answers I'm still perplexed. After 2 weeks, I thrown in the towel and implore you for some assistance. I wrote a program using NetBeans 4.0. Naturally, I can run the program within the IDE. I can also run the class file with the vendor jar file from the command line just fine, but when I try to run my program as a jar file, I'm running into problems. (why am I getting this error?) K:\FTPTest\FTP\dist>java classpath=.;k:\edtftpj.jar -jar FTP.jar Exception in thread &q...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I am getting the following error message when I tried to deploy the application in qa environment. The application works fine in production. I am pretty new to java world not sure what needs to be changed. Any help is appreciated. ####<Jun 12, 2006 11:49:54 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <oq2genbeal20.qa2.collegeboard.cb> <taz-02> <ExecuteThread: '36' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <BEA-101017> <[ServletContext(id=69309787,name=olrWebApp,context-path=/olrWebApp)] Root cause of ServletExc...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I'm stumped. I've created a little applet with some buttons. It runs fine on machine with NetBeans IDE 3.5.1 installed, where I wrote it. I "net use" the same directory on another Windows XP machine, and instead of running the Java Console tells me this: Error loading class: but.Buttons java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: but.Buttons at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedClassLoad at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent...

Web resources about - getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator in standalone eclipse - comp.lang.java.gui