How to disable tree node selection

Is there an API to temporarily diable node selection in a JTree?  What I
want is to keep the currently selected node to stay selected and disallow
selecting any other tree nodes.  I would like to be able to switch this
feature on and off programmatically.

6/29/2004 3:42:33 PM 8307 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

you should write your own TreeSelectionModel (better extend
1) Introduce boolean variable - for example:
    boolean freezed;

2) add getter and setter for freezed;

3) override appropriate methods - for example:

public void setSelectionPath(TreePath path) {
    if(freezed) {
    else {

Andrei Kouznetsov Unified I/O for Java Java image reader

How to disable preview?
10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do this in 10.3? -- Gnarlie In article <>, Gnarlodious <> wrote: > 10.2 allowed me to turn off the Finder column view preview, how might I do > this in 10.3? Put a window in preview mode. Press command-J. It's there in the window. Although the View Options window for column view doesn't have a This-window-only/all-windows selector, it is global to all windows. -- Never play strip tarot. Gnarlodiou...

4 noded mesh generator
Hi, has anyone a good link to a 4 noded mesh generator (2D) that can handle compulsory points? Variable mesh size? Source code? C/C++? Thank you, -Gernot Post here, don't email. If you feel you have to mail, revert my forename from: ________________________________________ Looking for a good game? Do it yourself! GLBasic - you can do Is there a more common name for this ??? This is all YAHOO spit out for 'four noded mesh'

Parsing multiple XML trees?
I have a server program that takes commands and acts on them. The server program can also take these commands from an input file or standard input (mainly for testing purposes). As such, I often have files full of input commands to feed to the server. Right now the commands that the server takes are well-defined, but not in XML. Since the commands are not self-delimiting, I have to prepend each command with a 'length' number indicating how many chars the command takes. I would like to change the server to accept XML commands, and provide a DTD (or Schema or RelaxNG or ...) to ensure ...

Select distinct from array
Suppose I have the folowing: $cst['created'] = 'date'; $cst['cc'] = 'text'; $cst['paid'] = '##.##'; $cst['registered'] = 'date'; Are there any neat ways to to get a simple array containing the elements 'date','text','##.##' Captain Paralytic wrote: > Suppose I have the folowing: > > $cst['created'] = 'date'; > $cst['cc'] = 'text'; > $cst['paid'] = '##.##'; > $cst['registered'] = 'date'; > > Are there any neat ways ...

disable "disable dynamic updating?"?
How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. On Dec 13, 12:26 am, "" <> wrote: > How do I tell Mathematica to stop asking me if I want to "Disable > Dynamic Updating"? It's really getting on my nerves. As is stated in the dialog you mention, edit the values of the TrustedPath and/or UntrustedPath options in the Preferences dialog. Though before doing so, please take a moment to consider the security implications. ...

HTML <select> different width when expanded
Hi, is this possible to achieve this, and how? thanks! wrote: > Hi, is this possible to achieve this, and how? > .... and why? -- Benjamin Niemann Email: pink at odahoda dot de WWW: On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:53:50 -0700, let this slip: > Hi, is this possible to achieve this, and how? > > > thanks! Have you ever seen this kind of be...

interrupt disabling question
Pardon me for being paranoid and uncertain. move #$4000,intena+custom # disable interrupts inst1 inst2 move #$c000,intena+custom # enable interrupts Is it possible that a maskable interrupt happens between inst1 and inst2? On 68000 I would be fairly confident to say 'no'. But how is it on 68060? As a paranoid person I might put a few 'nops' after disabling interrupts. This is not a practical problem for me since I'm coding for UAE, and I know how UAE operates. Just curious. -- Heikki Orsila There has yet to be any innovation, new heikki.orsila@e...

Selecting max size of a given (10x15) format.
Hi, I'm wondering if there's anyone that can help me with a problem I have in Photoshop. I've got a bunch of pictures taken with a digital camera that I want to send for printing. The problem is that the images doesn't have that 10x15 or 15x10 format I want to send them with. I know that I can use the Fixed Aspect Ratio style to get the correct aspect of my selections but I'm looking for a way to "automate" the selection, giving me a max-sized selection that I only move horizontally or vertically within the image. This would make the cropping much easier and f...

Disabling Buttons?
How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. Thanks... Ralph Freshour wrote: > How can I disable a button once it has been clicked? I want to prevent > the user from clicking on it twice if they have a slow connection. > > Thanks... <input type="button" value="Please click me" class="button" onclick="return singleClick(this, 'Please wait...');" /> <script type="text/javascript"> function singleClick(b, s) { // m...

Disable "Press any key to continue..."
Hello group! I'm trying to find a way to disable the message "Press any key to continue..." in a Universe NT system. The messsage is displayed in a BASIC program. I have tried CRT @(0) in various places in the program, but no luck. I can't use NOPAGE becasue it is not a LIST or SORT. Here is a sample of the program HEADER := \PART NUMBER DESCRIPTION'L'\ HEADER := \--------------------------------- -- ----------\ HEADING HEADER **** Here is BASIC commands with CRT functions. The TERM command controls the page break and the heading. *** I'm l...

SELECT ... FOR UPDATE not locking rows
Hello. We have a multi-user Java application that can connect to either a UniVerse database or a DB2 database on an AS400 through JDBC. The program executes a SELECT ... FOR UPDATE statement. When connected to the UniVerse database, if a second user runs the program, at the point where the selection executes, the program waits on the lock until the first user's updates are committed. However, when connected to the DB2 database, in the same situation, execution proceeds as if the FOR UPDATE were not there. Any ideas on what I should be looking for? Thanks. jbutler8192@sbcgl...

Re: Selective Call Forwarding Device?
Take a look at's phone patch. It does a number of tricks based on callerid. Jody Bregler <> wrote in message > Hello, my local phone company does not offer Selective Call > Forwarding. What I am interested in doing is sending calls from only a > few numbers to a different number. Are there any devices out there > that would do such a thing for me? Thanks in advance > Jody ...

Model selection with PCACOV
To Whom it May Concern, Recently, I have been working with the pcacov function in Matlab. Given my results, I would like to run appropriate diagnostics for model selection in order to see if higher ordered terms are needed, to see if any non-constant variance exists, and to check for outliers. With that said, are there any MATLAB functions that could assist me in this process? As always, any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jeff ...

Disabling password
My old computer has been passed along to my wife. When I had it, I put in a password on my account. I want to take that off (while retaining the Admin password). I did system pref->security and unchecked require password. Yet it is still asking for it. Did I miss something? Kurt -- America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."-- Claire Wolfe In article <>, Kurt Ullman <> wrote: > My old computer has been passed alo...

Oracle 8.1.7 Unions with differing datatypes in the selects
We are migrating a SQL Server 2000 view to Oracle 8.1.7. There is one view which uses a Union statement, which in the first select, the 8th column is selecting a varchar2, and in the second select the 8th col is a CLOB. Has anyone written their own TO_CHAR function that will take a CLOB and convert it, as the Oracle provided functions do not work correctly on this version. They work OK in 9. Cheers ...

Number of Adders in a typical Wallace Tree Structure
I am simulating an nxn Wallace Tree multiplier(without Booth's recording) that groups partial products in threes and uses 3:2 compressors for reducing them simultaneously in each step. In the simulation I also compute the total number of adders for any nxn. Here is the result of one such test that I ran - 3X3, No. of Adders = 3 4X4, No. of Adders = 8 5X5, No. of Adders = 15 6X6, No. of Adders = 26 7X7, No. of Adders = 39 8X8, No. of Adders = 53 9X9, No. of Adders = 71 10X10, No. of Adders = 92 11X11, No. of Adders = 112 12X12, No. of Adders = 136 13X13, No. of Adders = 161 14X14, No. of ...

Re: Dose selection using D-optimality criteria
madan4331@YAHOO.CO.IN wrote: > >Hi, > > I want to get any mateiral where dose-selection procedure using > D-optimality criteria under different dose-response model is been >discussed > i(preferably, in detail). Please refer me some article, or book, or any > web resource. > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards >Madan > > I just went to Google and typed in dose selection D-optimality and I got over 300 hits. So I assume you already did that. What's the problem with the references you found there? Here are a couple that I found that w...

disable index without asterisks in \section commands
Hi, does anyone know whether there's any way to avoid \section (\subsection and so on) appearing in the document index ? I rather don't use \section*{} because I'm referencing documents that I use in other places and I need it to have the section numbering. What I'd like is that if I have a file a.tex: % a.tex ------------------ \section{My Section} % 1. \subsection{My Subsection} % 1.1 ... % ------------------------ I'd like to use it in b.tex without interfering the index % b.tex ------------------ \makeindex .... \input{a} % ------...

How to disable?
I am using gnome-terminal. In that I doesn't want to update the logins when I open a new one. For example after opening a terminal, edit the current profile. In the titles and commands tab there is one option called update logins when command is launched. If I disable that my login in masked from the w and who command. What I need is instead of setting like this when I type gnome-terminal I doesn't want to update logins? Is there any options? ...

ve not familar with subpanel and call by reference node
Hi All I have problem with subpanel and call by reference nodes. I am using Labcview 7.1 and it does not cork correctly. I have worked with call by reference node before but not subpanel this time. &nbsp; What I would like my program to run, insert vi into the subpanel, get data from vi and change vi. But it does not seem to work. The vis are inserted into subpanels successfully but cannot close them inside. &nbsp; Pls advise Here's attached. ClementMessage Edited by astroboy on 05-14-2008 09:14 PM

ADC card selection for C6713
Hi all I want to receive 70 MHz PM+BPSK modulated signal. Video bandwidth:138 kHz Modulation index for PM: 1.2 radian Subcarrier frequency of BPSK:65536 Hz. I have been using Matlab /Simulink and TMS320C6713 DSK. 1. I need suitable ADC daughtercard for C6713 DSK. 2. What is the sampling rate according to this spec.s? How can I calculate? I want to proof my calculation method. 3. These spec.s are for "satellite telemetry receiver". And also, I want to design "telecommand transmitter" for various spec.s of them: wider bandwidth higer data rates etc. Would you like ...

Hand coded Tree Expanding & Contracting Programmatically
Hi all I have a hand coded tree control does anyone know how to expand & contract sections in code without having to delete or insert whole chucks of the queue. TIA Ian, You might want to consider Russ Eggen's book. One of the main examples in the book is a hand coded tree using a class and template. It has all of these features. HTH's Michael Gould "Ian Holdsworth" <> wrote in message > Hi all > > I have a hand coded tree control does anyone...

Report Pro 2.16.. export PDF from selected pages, drop
Just doing a new report where some data is EMAIL and other pages are printed in HARDCOPY Is there a way to use this syntax to achieve this ; oPrinter:PrintExport( #RP_PDF, cPATH + astring(SELF:oNamAddr:RECNO) +'.PDF', "a PDF","a pdf file...") I can see using PrintExport() can create a PDF for the whole report... but how do I create selective pages from the report as PDF and then other pages printed and mutual exclusive. We wrote a whole PDF wrapper class to do this for Reportpro.. but I dont want to have to go to all the trouble of rewriting it this...

uhub0: device problem, disabling port n
Hey, I'm running OpenBSD 3.6, GENERIC, on a very old pc. I've attached a USB controller on PCI, which is being detected without any problems. See dmesg: #v+ .... ohci0 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Opti 82C861" rev 0x10: irq 11, version 1.0, legacy support usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0 uhub0: Otpti OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1 uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered rl0 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 "Realtek 8139" rev 0x10: irq 11 address 00:50:.. .... #v- (See that both rhe rl0 and ohci0 irq == 11?) The problem is, whatever d...