Java Windows Service and Java GUI application

Hi,

I have a Java server application which runs as Windows service (jvm 1.4.1).
I also have a Java GUI application (jvm 1.4.2).

When the server is running, the GUI application doesn't start (no errors,
just hang). When the server is stopped, the applications runs without any
problem.

Any idea?

Regards
Jean-Marc
0
Jean
1/26/2004 10:22:51 PM
comp.lang.java.gui 8286 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Jean-Marc Autexier wrote:
> Any idea?

Use a debugger to figure out where the application hangs.

/Thomas

0
Thomas

java program in java GUI
folks I am writing a java GUI that calls other java programs i want to execute java command line options in back ground. I am using java exec command this is part of code Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/root/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler"); where i want to run SAXXMLHandler java file But i dont get any output thanks CSUIDL PROGRAMMEr wrote: > folks > I am writing a java GUI that calls other java programs > i want to execute java command line options in back ground. I am using > java exec command > this is part of code > > Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/root/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java > /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler"); > > where i want to run SAXXMLHandler java file > > But i dont get any output What output did you expect? We have no clue as to what /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler is supposed to produce. How do you determine that there is no output? -- Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK E-mail : nmw@ion.le.ac.uk Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555 well the output should say that Usuage: java parser as i am not passing any arguments In my command line i do not get anything thanks "CSUIDL PROGRAMMEr" <syedamjad_a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1143643407.154504.219230@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > well the output should say t...

Java Developer- GUI - WBAP Web Applications
Title:Java Developer- GUI - WBAP Web Applications - Java Swing MVC Skills: Java Developer- GUI - WBAP Web Applications - Java Swing MVC Trinity Consultancy Services is seeking applications from qualified and experienced software engineers with above skills for various requirements with their Clients. Job description: An ideal candidate should meet the following requirements: 10 years of software experience with minimum 4 years of Java application developments. Solid understanding of the object- oriented design principles, and skillful in applying these principles to software architecture design. Great experience with GUI implementation using Java Swing/JFC. Good experience with Database design, JDBC, Hibernet. Experience with serial device programming. Good understanding on event-driven programming paradigm. Experience with Web application development and Internet protocols, (5 plus years of recent experience in a pharmaceutical/healthcare/medical/insurance industry type of regulated environment.). Experience architecting and building at least one large-scale web-based system is a plus. Good knowledge with UML diagrams. Good experience with XML. Solid understanding on Design Patterns. Excellent communication skills. Experience with medical software development. Experience of working in a highly regulated environment (FDA/HIPAA/SOX). Extensive Model-View Controller architecture experience (MVC Pattern). Ability to pick up on new technologies quickly and work in a fast paced ...

Drag an icon/object from windows desktop to Java GUI application
Hi... " Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More info/demo source code" Regards, Rakesh > Hi... > > " Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. > and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows > desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More > info/demo source code" And your database theory question is??? This is c...

how I can Drag an icon/object from windows desktop to Java GUI application
" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More info/demo source code" Regards, Rakesh On 6 Feb 2006 21:06:20 -0800, "rakesh" <rakeshgiri@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. >and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows >desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More...

Windows batch file throws java.lang.Exception unless you click onto GUI
I wrote an MS-DOS file to do batch work onto a particular Java application I wrote to dynamically build another MS-DOS batch file. The first MS-DOS batch file only works if you click onto the GUI in Windows; if you try to use command-line it fails. Here is the very short code of the first MS-DOS batch file: [code] @echo off java -cp Tools.jar;IVC.jar com.ppowell.ivc.EnvReader call setenv.bat if ERRORLEVEL 2 pause cd %java_jar_path% java -cp Tools.jar;Beans.jar;GUI.jar com.ppowell.applications.ImageCropper if ERRORLEVEL 2 pause [/code] But here are the error messages if you try to use comman...

GUI automation test tool for JAVA/Java based web pages on Linux
Hi, Please read my requirement: I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2) The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they open in the frame F2. In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some data. I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these Java based pages, and collect the output from these pages. Please let me know if you have come across some tools. Regards, Anil. anilby@gmail.com (Anil) wrote in message news:<631ba398.0411100556.43c06eba@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > Please read my requirement: > I have a site that is run using Tomcat(Apache) and the contents of the site > are linked to a PSQL database. there are 2 frames in the front window(F1 & F2) > The F1 frame which is at the left side, has some hyperlinks; on clicking they > open in the frame F2. > > In the opened pages, I feed some data, delete some data and retrieve some > data. I need an automated test tool that will feed the data to these > Java based pages, and collect the output from these pages. > Please let me know if you have come across some tools. > > Regards, > Anil. The eValid website testing system would be ideal for this because its testing is done entirely from within a Test Enabled Web Browser. eValid can test any kind of website -- static o...

Java 6 Update 4 Application JDialog labelled (Java Applet Window)
Running Vista, Home Premium; Java 1.6 SERVER VM Update 4 using thefollowing command line:java.exe -server -dsa -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xbatch -Xss256k -Xms300m -Xmx300m -Xnoclassgc -XX:+RelaxAccessControlCheck -XX:MaxInlineSize=8192 -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:-TieredCompilation -XX:CompileThreshold=20 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=150 -XX:CICompilerCount=1 -XX:ThreadStackSize=256 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cpsZoneTrader.jar;sZoneTraderAuth.jar;sZoneTraderSounds.jar;sZoneTraderChart.jar;sZoneTraderContracts.jarcom/twc/trader...

" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object from windows desktop to Java GUI application ?
Hi... " Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More info/demo source code" Regards, Arun On 6 Feb 2006 21:11:56 -0800, "rakesh" <rakeshgiri@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. >and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows >desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find ...

" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object from windows desktop to Java GUI application
Hi.. " Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More info/demo source code" Regards, Rakesh rakesh wrote: > ... Please don't multipost, and there is also no reason to repeat the same posting withing five minutes. /Thomas -- The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: ftp://ftp.cs.uu.nl/pub/NEWS.ANSWERS/computer-lang/java/gui/faq http://www.uni-giessen.de/faq/archiv/computer-lang.java.gui.faq/ ...

" Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object from windows desktop to Java GUI application ?
Hi... " Does anybody know how I can Drag an icon/object (which is an exe. and has short cut, for example java web start icon) from windows desktop to Java GUI application ? If so, where can I Find More info/demo source code" Regards, Rakesh ...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

Migrating Java Applications to Sun Java System Application Server
A webinar titled "Migrating Java Applications to the Sun Java System Application Server" is now available at https://sun.webex.com/sun/onstage/onstage/framesets/viewrecording1.php?EventID=346725778. In the webinar, you'll learn about the requirements, methodology, tools, and different scenarios for migrating existing applications from previous versions of Sun Java System Application Server, and from other popular application servers, to the current version of Sun Java System Application Server (8.2). If you have questions after viewing the webinar, you'll be able to...

Discuss about GUI Application in Java
Free Java Book Information Chapter Definition of all Information in Java * Chapter 17: Projects * Chapter 16: Design patterns * Chapter 15: Network programming * Chapter 14: Multiple threads * Chapter 13: Creating windows and applets * Chapter 12: Passing and returning objects * Chapter 11: Run-time type identification * Chapter 10: The Java IO system * Chapter 9: Error handling with exceptions * Chapter 8: Holding your objects * Chapter 7: Polymorphism * Chapter 6: Reusing classes * Chapter 5: Hiding the implementation * Chapter 4...

java gui and windows api
Does "java apis for gui development(swing and awt)" for Windows use the underlying windows api at its core ? As I read it that a)it is completely impossible to avoid the "standard windows look and feel" when using the windows api. b)it is also difficult on Windows to develop a rich gui program without using the Windows api. Java has a very rich set of gui elements and that also are totally different from windows look and feel. regards, Yogesh P Joshi On 25 Aug 2004 11:15:05 -0700, yogesh wrote: > Does "java apis for gui development(swing and awt)" What i...

Java Application as a windows service
I do have a javva application calle javaapp1.jar wich is normally open via command java -jar javaapp1.jar This application should now run as a windows service. Does anybody have an idea how I could reach this target? Thanks Bernd On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:43:59 +0200, "b.dworrak" <b.dworrak@t-online.de> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > >This application should now run as a windows service. Does anybody have an >idea how I could reach this target? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/service.html -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching. ...

Migrating Java Applications to Sun Java System Application Server
A webinar titled "Migrating Java Applications to the Sun Java System Application Server" is now available at https://sun.webex.com/sun/onstage/onstage/framesets/viewrecording1.php?EventID=346725778. In the webinar, you'll learn about the requirements, methodology, tools, and different scenarios for migrating existing applications from previous versions of Sun Java System Application Server, and from other popular application servers, to the current version of Sun Java System Application Server (8.2). If you have questions after viewing the webinar, you'll be able to...

Compiling Java from Java
I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've looking through the Ant manual, I can't see anything about it. Any hints? Malcolm Malcolm Ryan wrote: > I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source > code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? > I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've > looking through the Ant manual, I can&#...

Java GUI
Hi all, I have all different statistical plotting such as PDF,CDF,JDF,histogram in matlab code. I have to create a GUI where user can able to pass a few parameter value in the window like bin width,number of bins and selecting the type of plot want. I wanted to know is it possible to develop GUI in Java as a front end which inter acts with the Matlab code to do the necessary plotting. How it can be done ? whether there are any compatibility issues .please help me. REgards Yaseen Yaseen, You could use Java, but it would be easier to use MATLAB to create your GUI. Besides...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

[JAVA] [EVALUATION]
I've selected JAVA for some long-term projects. Searching for an IDE and for a technology stack, i realized unbelievable things. I hope I will find quickly a language and a community which I can trust. Let me know if you know one. - - - " Finally, Sun Microsystems seems to be somehow really extra-ordinary. Some uncommon definitions of its executive roles / units. CEO = Chief Extra Ordinary COO = Chief Opportunism Officer BOD = Board of Defenders " [NETBEANS] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ad68552a781457f4 - You could take eclipse, but: "In essence, IBM [OTI] rules at free will and applies censorship (against "terms-of-use", "privacy policy" and "community-veto"): " [ECLIPSE] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/b34bdd9eac4ff26b - So, you could take JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, But: "no comment" [as most of the people from JetBrains. Lack of courage or just Activity Traps, or personal deficits, or scared about what happened on NetBeans & Eclipse? don't know. For me, they are just irrelevant.] [INTELLIJ_IDEA] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/bbab0ec53635f04c [the founders of IDEA worka @togethersoft (aquired by Borland)] - So, you could take Borland JBuilder: http://borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.h...

Closing a window in a Java Swing GUI
I've written a small Java Swing GUI that works so as to allow a user to enter two numerical values. Then upon pressing either of two buttons, an 'enter' button which allows the program to process the data, or a 'cancel' button which halts any further execution and is meant to simply close the current frame. I've added a 'listener' to the cancel button, and it works, but doesnt close the screen. The listener I am using is as below:- cancel.addActionListener(new ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evt) { System.out.println("Cance...

Display a C++ window in a java GUI
Hi, I've got a java program and a c++ one. The Java program`s output is a GUI, using swing and awt componants. THe Cpp program is a 3D engine: OSG, Open Scene Graph., displaying a 3D model in the screne, with interaction : so that the user can move on the scene, thanks to the mouse or keyboard. Actually the Java is used as a command panel fot the 3Dengine. I would like to know if i can have the Cpp ouput window (the 3D ouput form the OSG cpp) in a Java componant > frame or anything : so that I would be able to keep all my software in only one main GUI. I heard about python to solv...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Web resources about - Java Windows Service and Java GUI application - comp.lang.java.gui

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Webscale offers a fast track to delivering web applications
Running an application or server in the cloud has many advantages, but it doesn't guarantee scalability. It can be hard to predict demand, leading ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 33% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 3.3 percent from one week ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

Plimsoll Buys Stake In Magnify Media; BAFTA Scholarship Applications Open – Global Briefs
UK and U.S.-based factual entertainment and wildlife producer Plimsoll Productions has acquired a minority stake in specialist distributor Magnify ...

TSMC, MediaTek to co-develop products for IoT and wearable applications
... their commitment to a long-term partnership to continue developing innovative products for Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable device applications ...

App Annie Acquires Application Analyst AppScotch
With San Francisco-headquartered AppScotch, this marks App Annie's third acquisition in two years following the acquisition of Distimo and Mobidia. ...

Colorado Global EIR Program – Applications Open for 2016
Applications are open for the second group of Colorado Global Entrepreneurs in Residence. If you are interested in applying send a resume and ...