JTextPane Paste

I am just wondering...

Why is that for security reasons, one cannot do Ctrl+V to paste into
JTextPane?

People argue that you cannot read user's cb. But i don't need to read
user's clip board. the user will initiate the action.

I can paste into a textarea form control, and most of those forms i
paste into are not signed code???

so, why does JTextPage require signing before someone would just do
Ctrl+V?

I really think this is not a security issue, it's just unintended bug!.
because, if you can paste into a textarea on a webpage, using CTRL + V,
then you should be able to paste into the same JTextPane on the same
webpage.

Any ideas?

0
tascienu (12)
4/28/2005 7:20:34 AM
comp.lang.java.gui 8280 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

tascienu@ecoaches.com wrote:
> People argue that you cannot read user's cb. But i don't need to read
> user's clip board. the user will initiate the action.

That's wrong. It can, but it must not be user-initiated. An applet can
contain malicious code which just tries to read the clipboard:

	Toolkit.getSystemClipboard().getContents();

This has to be prevented, so access to the system clipboard is
controlled by a security manager.

/Thomas
--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: