Threads Program #2

Hello friends,
                        I am new to Java and I need your help in doing
these thread programs

1) Create 2 threads. First thread provides a string to the second
which checks whether the given string is a palindrome or not.

2) Write an applet program which has 2 buttons called increase and
decrease on the system thread. The child thread should display a line
numbers from 1 to 30 and back to 1 displaying different positions.
When the increase button is clicked, the sleep thead increase and an
action on the decrease button should decrease the sleep time of the
thread.

Looking forward to your suggestions

THanks

Nish

comp.lang.java.gui 8285 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Apr 1, 1:38 pm, "nish" <nishant.fri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>..I am new to Java and I need your help in doing
> these thread programs

You seem very needy..
<http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html>
Beyond that, do a search for 'java tutorial' with
a key word related to the program, e.g. 'thread'
'canvas' 'mouse'..

Andrew T.

0
Andrew

java program in java GUI
folks I am writing a java GUI that calls other java programs i want to execute java command line options in back ground. I am using java exec command this is part of code Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/root/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler"); where i want to run SAXXMLHandler java file But i dont get any output thanks CSUIDL PROGRAMMEr wrote: > folks > I am writing a java GUI that calls other java programs > i want to execute java command line options in back ground. I am using > java exec command > this is part of code > > Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/root/java/jdk1.5.0_06/bin/java > /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler"); > > where i want to run SAXXMLHandler java file > > But i dont get any output What output did you expect? We have no clue as to what /root/Desktop/project/SAXXMLHandler is supposed to produce. How do you determine that there is no output? -- Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK E-mail : nmw@ion.le.ac.uk Phone : +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555 well the output should say that Usuage: java parser as i am not passing any arguments In my command line i do not get anything thanks "CSUIDL PROGRAMMEr" <syedamjad_a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1143643407.154504.219230@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > well the output should say t...

exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError #2
I have installed Java on my PC and am trying to convert an XML file using a conversion XSL statement. I first run the following 2 lines of code: set XALAN_BIN=C:\xalan-j-current-bin-2jars\xalan-j_2_6_0\bin set CLASSPATH=%XALAN_BIN%\xalan.jar;%XALAN_BIN%\xml-apis.jar;%XALAN_BIN%\xercesImpl.jar; Upon completion of that, I navigate to the path that contains the XML file that I wish to convert as well as the XSL file that will do the conversion. I run the following command: java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN INTERNAL_CANDIDATE.xml -XSL conv_profiles.xsl -OUT INTERNAL_CANDIDATES_UAT_LOAD.xml= After running this command I get the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java org/apache/xalan/xslt/Process Can anyone explain to me what is going on? ...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError #2
Hi everybody, I'm working a program assignment for school. I thought my code was good but it won't run. It compiles successfully but gives me this error during runtime: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError Do you have any advice? My code is below. Thanks in advance, Don <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > /* Title: Mortgage Payment Calculator Programmer: Don Date: May 14, 2007 Filename: MortPayCalc.java Purpose: This progr...

Java Threads #2
I am running a java program on a multiprocessor environment, and I am having real tough time getting it to make use of the second CPU there. The program is using fixed ThreadPool of 100 workers for the threads. Is there some magic option I need to enable the use of second CPU? Aki Tuomi Aki Tuomi wrote: > I am running a java program on a multiprocessor environment, and I am > having real tough time getting it to make use of the second CPU there. > > The program is using fixed ThreadPool of 100 workers for the threads. Is > there some magic option I need to enable the use of ...

Calling Java program in another Java program
Hi, I have a Java program which requires it to make a another java program and use the result it produces. I am working on a very limited knowledge of java and i don't know how i can achieve it, I will appreciate any one who can send me an example Tks -spirit Rey wrote: > I have a Java program which requires it to make a another java > program and use the result it produces. I am working on a very limited > knowledge of java and i don't know how i can achieve it, I will > appreciate any one who can send me an example There are two methods: use java.lang.Runtime.exec(...

gui programming #2
i am plotting result in one axes of a gui.when i am trying to save this figure the whole gui window is getting saved.please tell me how to save only the plot not the whole window. partha wrote: > > > i am plotting result in one axes of a gui.when i am trying to save > this figure the whole gui window is getting saved.please tell me > how > to save only the plot not the whole window. There is an easy and dirty way. Type: h=findobj('Type','axes'); f=figure; set(h,'Parent',f); You might know your plot handle, in this case, the first line isnt usef...

Why do Java offers two different ways to write the multi-threaded Java programs?
I have been practicing writing and running to write the multi-threaded Java programs; Thread class and implements the Runnable interface. My question is as follows; "Why do Java offers two different ways (extends from the Thread class and implements the Runnable interface)?" Hello, You may want to read the chapter related to threading in Thinking In Java (and the rest of the book as well :-). Ben. OUCH! Each class brings a different part of the puzzle. But, reviewing techniques of using threads is advisable. Ben_ wrote: > Hello, > > You may want to read the chap...

Java GUI #2
Is there a good program for visually designing a Java GUI? bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > Is there a good program for visually designing a Java GUI? NetBeans Mantisse Eclipse VE NetBeans Mantisse seems to be more popular. Arne On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:44:54 -0700 (PDT), "bob@coolgroups.com" <bob@coolgroups.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Is there a good program for visually designing a Java GUI? Matisse in Netbeans is one to try. I have not used it. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/netbeans.html -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mi...

Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; or an infinite loop. If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some commands to my actually code? Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. "Michael" <mbialowas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:TtWZf.8710$nf7.4484@pd7tw1no... > Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how > I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; > or an infinite loop. > > If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some > commands to my actually code? > > Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. Hi, If you're using Eclipse, try adding the following: choose the menu option "run", the "run" again, and you get an option screen. There, you choose "new" to define a new configuration for your current project. As soon as you have done that (or select an existing project), there are several tabs on the right. One of them reads "(x)= Arguments". Select that one, and add th...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space how can I solve this error? I create a file C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win32 with the name java.opts with -Xmx2024m and I got the same error "Norberto Barroca" <norberto.barroca@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hh5gga$nc8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > how ...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #3
2007a, student version on windoz XP SP2. I use GUIDE, and after sometime of using it, I notice it gets sluggish in its response to editing and I see the following Java errors on the console: "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I am not sure why it runs out of RAM so fast. as I have 4 GB of physical RAM. I did a google on the above and I see that others have seen this. I wonder if there is any update on this problem that someone from Mathworks or others can comment on. Is this still a problem in later Matlab releases...

SGI Java issue "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: poll0"
Hello all; I'm trying to debug an issue with a java script called, SelectSockets. It appears to be a fairly common one found on the web. I downloaded the SGI Java v1.4.1 installation from SGI's webpage and installed it using SGI's swmgr application. The installation was very straight forward and there were no errors when I installed the package. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/javac SelectSockets.java to make the SelectSockets.class file. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/java SelectSockets, and got the following error message: =================================================...

program #2 #2
can nybody help me out to solve this problem, Problem::: Consider a domestic Airport which has two runways. A flight takes 10 minutes to land .Assume the flight is ready to land.Each runway can be used by only one aircraft at any given time.The landing flight run on the free runway.If more than one flight needs to land then available runways then check the fuel reservers at both the flight are more than 10000 gallons then the flight longest time waiting get the preference & if the fuel reserve is less than 10000 gallons than the flight having lesser fuel resreve get the preference . Ass...

GUI programming program
Hi, guys, I have a question related to GUI programming. I created a GUI using GUIDE and it includes a popupmenu and a axes and some other push buttons. I put a surface() function in the GUI opening function in order to create a figure in the axes. The figure can be displayed correctly in the axes, however, the popupmenu is invisible(the other push bottones shows correctly). It is so weired for me. BTW, I created this GUI by using Matlab 7.0 release 14.0. Does anybody know what is wrong with my GUI? Thanks in advance! Helen helen zhao wrote: > > > Hi, guys, > I have a question related to GUI programming. > I created a GUI using GUIDE and it includes a popupmenu and a axes > and some other push buttons. I put a surface() function in the GUI > opening function in order to create a figure in the axes. The > figure > can be displayed correctly in the axes, however, the popupmenu is > invisible(the other push bottones shows correctly). It is so weired > for me. BTW, I created this GUI by using Matlab 7.0 release 14.0. > Does anybody know what is wrong with my GUI? > > Thanks in advance! > > Helen Maybe u selected the 'visible off' option in the property inspector for the popupmenu. Try double-clicking on the popupmenu in the GUIDE, it will open up a new window. Look at the property labeled 'Visible'. It should be made 'on'. hth Pratik Thanks for the reply, Pratik. Actually, I did choose the popupmenu &quo...

SN#10329 Java[TM] Technology Courses from the Java[TM] 2 Platform, Standard Edition Learning Path for GUI Developers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 65 Issue 2 2003-07-07 Article 10329 from section "Java Technology" Basics to Exam Preparation SL-255: Java[TM] Programming Language for Visual Basic Programmers For Visual Basic programmers who are transitioning to the Java programming language, this course introduces the concepts and the fundamentals of object-oriented programming. Construction of basic applications is covered. The course uses Sun[TM] ONE Studio Community Edition (formerly Forte[TM] for Java[TM] Community Edition) software. SL-275: Java Programming Language Course This course covers the syntax of the Java programming language; object-oriented programming with the Java programming language; how to create GUIs, exceptions, file input/output (I/O), threads and networking. SL-265: Java Technology for Structured Programmers This course covers GUIs and event-driven processing, the benefits and uses of Java technology in the legacy environment, and how to code Java technology applications and applets that perform exception handling and access data with Java technology file input output (I/O) features. Completion of the course helps students prepare for the Sun Certified Programmer for Java Platform examination. SL-320: GUI Construction with Java[TM] Foundation Classes This ...

Java Socket Programming #2
Hi, I'm a 2nd year undergrad with a personal project on my agenda. The project I've been working on is a ChatApplication under the Client/Server Architecture, which is still in its early stages. I'm new to Socket Programming and have been putting in efforts to dig up some starter tutorials. Just when I think i'm getting the hang of the concepts, I've hit a snag. >From my understanding, only ONE Socket can be bound to ANY given port. Through some toying with the java.net package and its api, I've written a very simple server. -------------------------------------...

java programming #2 97908
http://computer-programmings.blogspot.com...

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError #2
Hi, I receive this error with spring: exception org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.intesasanpaolo.tps.model.EConfiguration.getCurrenciesDiffMin() Ljava/util/Set; org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch (DispatcherServlet.java:920) org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService (DispatcherServlet.java:809) org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest (FrameworkServlet.java:571) org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet (Framewo...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError #2
Hello, i am using some classes which were written to be executed by a web service and am trying to use them in a test application which will use a simple main method. the class am trying to use has a System.loadLibrary("thedll"); and then has a number of native methods which i asume are all stored within "thedll" each time i attempt to execute any the native methods i get: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: theMethodAmCalling i have tried using dependencywalker application make sure i have all the dependent dll's and from what i ...

java.lang.StackOverflowError #2
This is partially a question and partially a rant. I am currently running Sun's SDK/JRE 1.3.1 on a Windows XP machine with 512MB of toatl RAM. I have a program which requires a lot of recursion since the linked lists that it operates on are very long (8192 elements apiece). These linked lists are generated from text files that are all the same size (same number of columns and rows, all containing either zeros or ones. I'm implementing a Quine-McClusky algorithm for reducing boolean functions from exhaustive input/output lists.) My problem is a few of these files seem to consistent...

threads 2.6.2 on linux x86_64: thread::create hangs
Hello all and Zoran ;-), on a Fedora Core 4 installation, with (recompiled) tcl 8.4.12: $ strace tclsh % package require Thread 2.6.2 % thread::create .... write(1, "% ", 2% ) = 2 read(0, thread::create "thread::create\n", 4096) = 15 mmap(NULL, 10489856, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS|0x40, -1, 0) = 0x40a01000 mprotect(0x40a01000, 4096, PROT_NONE) = 0 clone(child_stack=0x41401270, flags=CLONE_VM|CLONE_FS|CLONE_FILES|CLONE_SIGHAND|CLONE_THREAD|CLONE_SYSVSEM|CLONE_SETTLS|CLONE_PARENT_SETTID|CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID|CLONE_DETACHED, parent_tidptr=0x414019f0, tls=0x41401960, child_tidptr=0x414019f0) = 17365 ^^^ hangs here and CPU goes 100% Jean-Luc Huh, not much of help. If you can attach with gdb to the running instance and give the stacktraces of each thread? Cheers Zoran Sorry it took so long, but I did not have much access on that 64 bit machine. It seems to work now that I rebuilt with -fPIC, but the system has been updated since I last tried, so I cannot give any conclusion on what failed... Lets just move that under the carpet. Zoran ...

How to redirect the Standard I/O if you start java program from another java program
Bascially what's happening is that I am loosing console messages once the java program starts from another program. assuming that u use java.lang.Runtime.exec(...) to spawn the java program: this API returns an object of type Process. This class has methods to get the stdout/stderr... <gghantasala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105138815.892236.103850@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Bascially what's happening is that I am loosing console messages once > the java program starts from another program. > ...

java threads kernel 2.6
Hello, I have kernel 2.6.5, JDK 1.4.2. I have a multi-threading java server application. Unlike my old version of Linux (kernel 2.4.25), I don't see the number of threads my application is running with the "top" linux command. I only see one "java" process. I understand this is due to the new NPTL thread architecture under Kernel 2.6. Is there an other way than the "top" command to display the number of threads of my application is using and without Java debuging ? Thanks in advance ...

Web resources about - Threads Program #2 - comp.lang.java.gui

Threads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Written by Barry Hines and directed by Mick Jackson , it is a docudrama account of nuclear war and its effects on the city of Sheffield in northern ...

Threads
Scripting News Blog Linkblog Top-40 Photos River Dave 5/27/12 by DW Should Google have posting API? Zipper merge 5/26/12 by DW Will Twitter ever ...

Threads
We *Really* Built It International news feeds Write a blog post Levity in Republican politics Remember where you were when...? Thurs on ...

Facebook Correcting Bug That Affected Third-Party Sites’ Like Counts, Comment Threads
... plugin , fear not: Your popularity is not plummeting. Facebook is in the process of fixing a bug that reset like counts and made comment threads ...

Threads of Mystery, Amazon Sweepstakes, My Local Walmart, Fab and more on this week’s emerging Facebook ...
Playdom’s Threads of Mystery led our list of emerging Facebook applications by monthly active users this week with 31 percent gain. We define ...

Search Twitter - threads
... here Search Refresh Sarah Harding @ SarahAddicts 31s Make sure you've downloaded @SarahNHarding debut single and EP guys apple.co/1ht2a8xThreads ...

135% As you may know, there's been a major redesign of the Scripting News home page . But, you may not be able to see that this is part of a ...

I just released a tool called Microliner that lets you outline your conversations on Twitter. I don't think anyone has ever had a tool like ...

... a nice picture! Can you see it? And a little bold and italic text. Does it look bold and italic? If you want to help out, come to the threads ...

We all saw the spectacle play out in the summer of 2011. The Republicans in Congress were playing an incredibly dangerous game of Chicken with ...