[Java-Printer]My printers are not senn by java apps

This problem apparently has nothing todo with Java applications : I am on
Linux and apparently now any Java apps run do not see my printer list as
handled by CUPS.

Before it worked ; I think it has to do with the JDK installed ?

Any ideas will be wellcome.

Thanks.
0
dmoyne1 (1)

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

Why do Java apps insist on announcing that they are Java apps?
Why is it that when one runs a Java app (on Windows, at least), the stupid and annoying Sun Java2 system tray applet pops up a message balloon saying, "Wheeee!!! You've just started a Java app!! Aren't you lucky and aren't I special?!?!?!" I see this with java web applets (like chatroom apps), and I assume it happens for Java desktop apps as well. (Note: The actual balloon message is "Java(TM) 2 Platform - Visit us for more information at: http://www.java.com".) So annoying. Whenever I see that messaage come up I think to myself, "Yeah? We...

Job to convert Java App 1.3.1 to Java Newest of Java
I am looking for a excellent and fast developer to convert my existing Java program using (1.3.1) to the newest version of Java. The program uses Graphics and database routines. Review web site http://www.uprealimager.com For those developers interested in a small conversion project please reply for additional details. Thank you, Michael Kintner, MCSE, MGP CEO, Business Network Developer CNerd Inc 518 Queen Street Olean, New York 14760 ...

How do I launch a new Java app from a running Java app?
Here is the motivation for my question. I have a Swing-based application that is launched using Web Start. I would like this application to launch other application instances using it's own classpath (e.g. fork new instances of itself) when the user invokes certain functions. I know that I can use Runtime or ProcessBuilder to launch another Java application. If I use this approach, how can I get the current application's classpath so that I can pass it as an argument to the Java sub process? Sincerely, Steve A On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:57:28 +0800, steve.albin@gmail.com wrote (in arti...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

java to java networking
I have not written any socket code before or done any RMI. I'd like to do the developer certification and also I have my own project waiting in the wings that would benefit from this. The latter is my primary concern. I have a distibuted java application (is this the right term?) that exists on many users PCs on a network. This is essentially just gui code. I then have a central java 'server' application that applies the model & all the business rules. The view application needs to deal just with the business app, which in turn deals with the data layer, MySQL, Flatfile or ...

Compiling Java from Java
I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've looking through the Ant manual, I can't see anything about it. Any hints? Malcolm Malcolm Ryan wrote: > I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source > code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? > I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've > looking through the Ant manual, I can&#...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Selecting Java version for java app
How should I specify a Java version to run a specific java app? I have several versions of java and the default is 1.1.8. Hi john johnsuth@nospam.com.au wrote: > How should I specify a Java version to run a specific java app? > > I have several versions of java and the default is 1.1.8. > > > In which case the app will run using that java - or not if the app needs a later java. Then you need to specify the java to use as part of the app starting command eg f:\java142\jre\bin\java.exe - jar drive:\path\javaapp.jar I found it much easi...

execute java app from within java
Hi, Is there another way of launching a java program, from within another java program, than using: Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = r.exec("c:/javac/bin/java -classpath c:\\Michael Sample"); What I want to do is to check if I have infocenter ( part of Eclipse) running if not then I need to fire up eclipse's infocenter using command (this is from a shell script): java -classpath $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.help.base_3.2.0.v20060601.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter -command $1 -port $INFOCENTER_PORT -eclipsehome $ECLIPSE_HOME -noexec -data $d...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Help debugging Java code with Java 1.3.1_01 Java HotSpot Client VM (jvm.dll)
Hi everybody, I am seeking help in my attempt to configure proper debugging functionality for my classes with an application on a win32 platform that uses Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (JRE 1.3.1_01 - jvm.dll). For those of you that may actually know this application, it is Matlab. For those not familiar, it is an executable that links jvm.dll. I have a number of Java IDEs (Sun ONE Studio, JBuilder, NetBeans) and I would appreciate help in setting up at least one of them to be able to debug my classes. Does anybody have an idea where to start? I think I have figured out a way to pass...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

[JAVA] [EVALUATION]
I've selected JAVA for some long-term projects. Searching for an IDE and for a technology stack, i realized unbelievable things. I hope I will find quickly a language and a community which I can trust. Let me know if you know one. - - - " Finally, Sun Microsystems seems to be somehow really extra-ordinary. Some uncommon definitions of its executive roles / units. CEO = Chief Extra Ordinary COO = Chief Opportunism Officer BOD = Board of Defenders " [NETBEANS] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ad68552a781457f4 - Y...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

Launch a new java app from a java program
I want to write a java program A to launch another java app B. I hope I could configure the argument of VM to launch java app B, just like what Eclipse JDT does.(Eclipse is a java program, and it could launch other java apps.) I do not want to create a new thread for java app B. I prefer to run java app B on another process separately. How could I do this? Best Regards -- Yao Qi <qiyaoltc@gmail.com> GNU/Linux Developer http://duewayqi.googlepages.com/ "The world is beating a path to our door" -- Bruce Perens, (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates) On J...

Is there any free utilities I can use to view the memory used by all objects so I can track down the offending code? thanks Tim Maybe JConsole will help you out enough. Cheers. Opalinski opalpa@gmail.com http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/ Thanks, I figured out how to use hprof and it seems that something went nuts around date formatting - this trace is repeat hundereds of times... sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.getContents(DateFormatZoneData.java:164) sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144) TRACE 304641: java.text.DateFormat$Field.&l...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

Web resources about - [Java-Printer]My printers are not senn by java apps - comp.lang.java.help

Apple issues Java, printer, iPhoto, and Aperture updates
... get new features and bug fixes, printer driver updates include new Canon and Epson models, and new security updates are implemented for Java. ...

Apple updates Java, Canon and HP printer drivers for OS X
Apple has posted updates to Java for OS X along with new Canon and HP printer drivers. All are available for download from Apple's support web ...

Apple updates Java, printer software for a Tuesday afternoon
... we get new iPads and the like . But what about this Tuesday ? Right now? Living in the moment? YOLO? That would a bunch of minor Java and printer ...

Software updates: HP Printer Software 2.12, Java 2012-006
... Mac App Store tonight: Apple has released the HP Printer Software Update 2.12 , adding support for additional HP printers, and the Java for ...