Good day to all,

I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9.  I can
run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any
other user I get:

Error occurred during intialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the
permissions and everything seemed fine.  All users have execute
permissions of javac and java.  I have read other threads dealing with
the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet.  I
would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and
has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just
point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem.

Thanks in advance...

gek
0
ronag (2)
6/28/2004 2:30:34 PM
comp.lang.java.help 13339 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow