Good day to all,

I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9.  I can
run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any
other user I get:

Error occurred during intialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the
permissions and everything seemed fine.  All users have execute
permissions of javac and java.  I have read other threads dealing with
the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet.  I
would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and
has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just
point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem.

Thanks in advance...

gek
0
ronag (2)

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

User-defined java objects : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, I am interfacing Java with Matlab, using my proper Java Classes. After 3 runs I have the following message : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and of course my application crash. I tried to clear the objects I have created, but not successfully. The memory used by Matlab stays reasonable (given by command 'whos' when running). So that I don't understand where do the memory fail : is that from the Java Virtual Machine ? How can I resolve this problem ? Some help would be really appreciated... Thank's ...

NEWBIE: Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/
Dear Readers, the last time I saw people asking this question was in 2000 and 2001 and no one has concluded it as to how they resolved the issue. I wrote my sample program using Eclipse. that compiled and ran to display the results at the bottom. wanted to familiarize with the tool. so wrote the program and compiled the program. when i compiled at command line, the program compiled fine. when i try to ran it: it gave the Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/ error. eclipse had a bunch of jar files from the c:\jsdk1.4.2._05 lib files under it. so i changed the classpath in the environmental variable to have all the jar files as displayed on the eclipse editor. ENV: WINXP. Java: C:\>echo %classpath% ..;C:\TOMCAT4129\common\lib\servlet.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\lib\dt.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\lib\tools.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\ldapsec.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\ j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar >java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java >javac -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java Compiled well. >java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFo...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Hi, Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT. Thanks Maneesh org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518) at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23) at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache...

How to define java.lang.Object using java IDL
Hi all, I have a function like: boolean method(java.lang.Object param). How can I define this using java IDL? In another words, I need to pass an instance of java.lang.Object from Client to Server using CORBA. Is this possible? I would be nice simply to typecast the Object at Server-side into whatever needed. How about without typecasts, is this possible in any way, for example using a helper function like: java.lang.Object anyToJavaLangObject(Any value) Code examples ?!? Thanks in advance Juha Rossi ...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin&...

Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object on OO Tumia
Hi, Your are kindly invited to check out the scenario "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object": 1. The user surfs to for example java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object): http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.equals%28java.lang.object%29_p1.html 2. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object). 3. The user selects a Related Instance (for example java.lang.Object.getClass()) that as a Sibling of java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) is a method of java.lang.Object. 4. The system displays http://www.tumia.o...

Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object on OO Tumia
Hi, Your are kindly invited to check out the scenario "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object": 1. The user surfs to for example java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object): http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.equals%28java.lang.object%29_p1.html 2. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object). 3. The user selects a Related Instance (for example java.lang.Object.getClass()) that as a Sibling of java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) is a method of java.lang.Object. 4. The system displays http://www.tumia.o...

Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object on OO Tumia
Hi, Your are kindly invited to check out the scenario "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object": 1. The user surfs to for example java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object): http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.equals%28java.lang.object%29_p1.html 2. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object). 3. The user selects a Related Instance (for example java.lang.Object.getClass()) that as a Sibling of java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) is a method of java.lang.Object. 4. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html 5. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.getClass(). The user repeats steps 3-5 for other sibling java methods until done. On the object-oriented directory Tumia "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object" is a specific scenario of the use case "Navigate to Related Tumia Instances". In fact this sibling relationship between the concerned java methods is automatically derived from the link "of java.lang.Object" those java methods have in common. By the way troughout Tumia these kind of sibling relationships derived from a common link are being automatically realised and presented to the user for navigating. Sibling Energy Instances that Mitigate Earth Global Warming 2000 AD are a similar example: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/nuclear_energy_p1.html Kind...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

XML-RPC
Hello, I am getting an error "XML-RPC - java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Date" when I call the "XmlRpcClient" execute method. I believe the underlying classes are having trouble parsing the result from the time.xmlrpc.com/RPC2:80 XML-RPC service. I apologize that I could not navigate the Apache bug reporting and search system. I hope someone can recognize what is up with this. Thank you in advance for any help, Michael import java.util.Vector; import java.util.Hashtable; import org.apache.xmlrpc.*; public class GetTime { private final static String serv...

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia
Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small ...

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia
Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small On...

[...]

Web resources about - Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object - comp.lang.java.help