FREE JAVA GUIDE- free Java, j2ee, sql and plsql tutorials

This site lists General Java tutorials and tutorials on specific Java
programming topics. This site lists fully documented java tutorials, java
servlets, JSP pages, and related Java technologies like sql tutorials and
plsql tutorials

All this at http://www.freejavaguide.com

hemanthjava

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

HI, has anyone seen this? I have a multithreaded app, using Postgres JDBC running on Solaris - Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode). Randomly, I get the j"ava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". But Checking it, Runtime.freeMemory, JConsole and YourKit all say that The heap is using 200Mb when -Xmx is 400Mb. The machine has 1 Gb of RAM, and should easily be able to malloc more memory for the VM. Does anybody have any clues? This is really confusing me. Thanks in advance. James. Hello, Fragmented heap can be a cause: there are ...

What Free Tools to use in Java (New to Java)
As I already posted, I am new to Java. Learning Java will be a very time-intensive activity, and I want to have a clear focus. I would like to know which tools I should focus on for a "complete Java toolset". One example is an IDE. I don't have the funds to purchase an IDE on my own, so I would like to use free or open source IDE's, but ones that will serve me well eventually on the job. I have heard of WebSphere, but it's probably not something I can purchase and learn on my own. I have JEdit, which is a great Java text editor, and I have leaned some of the macros ...

Java: My Favorite Free Tools For Java Development
IDE: Eclipse. IBM's poured $40 million (so far) into this IDE, and made it free. Rename/move methods/classes/packages, even across projects! Seamlessly work on multiple projects; fast smart compilation; native GUI; specialized window-layouts ("perspectives"); plug-ins; ... Text editor: XEmacs. Macros, built-in psychoanalyst:-), literally 1000 plug-ins, including: view/edit lines matching regexp, text stats, no mouse needed, highlight regexp, run shell command on selection, language-indep auto-complete, multiple window-layouts, saves state between sessions, random sort, ... Code...

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 (not my choice - don't laugh) on MySQL 4.1.12a. The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" da...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.Time
I get the following error message... java.sql.SQLException: Value '00:00:00 can not be represented as java.sql.Time >From the following SQL call... SELECT COUNT(pageurl) AS PageCount, pageurl, MAX(datetime) AS LastAccess, SUM(VisitLength) as TotalVisitLength, VisitLength, RecordNum, SUM(CASE WHEN VisitLength IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NullVisits FROM clubvisits WHERE groupid = #clubid# GROUP BY pageurl ORDER BY #OrderKey# I am using ColdFusion 7 on MySQL 4.1.12a. I'm not a Java programmer - I don't know any Java, but ColdFusion acts essentially as a script layer to J2EE, so for some reason it's throwing a Java error. I'm especially stuck, because I need to resolve this without programming any Java, and the Adobe forums for ColdFusion and MySQL groups are no help. The error refers to the "VisitLength" field which is a "time" data type in the database. In the MySQL documentation, it says that 00:00:00 is allowable for time (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/ en/ time.html). So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable value? And is there anything I can do? >So my question is, why is this error coming up if it's an allowable >value? And is there anything I can do? one way is to store the values as raw ints or longs as far as SQL is concerned. -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products The Java Glossary http://mindprod.com <mehatespam1085@yahoo.com> wrote... ...

Best JAVA/ J2EE Training Institute in Delhi, Live Projects on JAVA/J2EE, Short term Java courses are also available.
Vserve Global offers The Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Course defines the standard for developing multi-tier enterprise applications. The J2EE platform simplifies enterprise applications by basing them on standardized, modular components, by providing a complete set of services to those components, and by handling many details of application behavior automatically, without complex programming. The J2EE platform takes advantage of many features of the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE), such as "Write Once, Run Anywhere" portability, JDBC API for database access, C...

This is for Java Psychos------free java study materials. enjoy friends
here is some free books regarding java programming.you members should suggest some other good java programming ebooksresource avaliable in web. we can make this free java programmingebook and tutorial/ materials a good one.www.more-java.blogspot.com howz this java resource? suggest some other resource...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

Free cuseeme java reflector up , and free for download
hello folks out there, there is a free java reflector up and for download from my site check http://www.let.de and tell me what yu think.... cu there ...

Free Java Programming Tutorials
Scriptsdesk -A Resource web portal for programmers providing a lot java tutorials & tips,programming books,software,scripts & resources. http://www.scriptsdesk.com/viewlistings/cat/2/subcat/297/view-listings.html robert peter wrote: > Scriptsdesk -A Resource web portal for programmers providing a lot java tutorials & tips,programming books,software,scripts & resources. > > httq://www.scriptkiddiesdesk.com/viewlistings/crap/2/subcrap/297/view-crap.html There are lots of Java tutorials on (gasp!) the Oracle Java tutorial site <http://download.oracle.com/javase/tut...

java to java networking
I have not written any socket code before or done any RMI. I'd like to do the developer certification and also I have my own project waiting in the wings that would benefit from this. The latter is my primary concern. I have a distibuted java application (is this the right term?) that exists on many users PCs on a network. This is essentially just gui code. I then have a central java 'server' application that applies the model & all the business rules. The view application needs to deal just with the business app, which in turn deals with the data layer, MySQL, Flatfile or ...

Free Java Book Help
here are some free books available in web. www.more-java.blogspot.com howz this site? cool? On May 22, 10:57 am, Consultant <omganesh2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > howz this site? cool? site is piece of shit ...

Compiling Java from Java
I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've looking through the Ant manual, I can't see anything about it. Any hints? Malcolm Malcolm Ryan wrote: > I wish to write a Java program which can compile and run java source > code. Can this be done without resorting to OS-specific calls to javac? > I've seen suggestions that Ant might allow me to do this, but I've > looking through the Ant manual, I can&#...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Help debugging Java code with Java 1.3.1_01 Java HotSpot Client VM (jvm.dll)
Hi everybody, I am seeking help in my attempt to configure proper debugging functionality for my classes with an application on a win32 platform that uses Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (JRE 1.3.1_01 - jvm.dll). For those of you that may actually know this application, it is Matlab. For those not familiar, it is an executable that links jvm.dll. I have a number of Java IDEs (Sun ONE Studio, JBuilder, NetBeans) and I would appreciate help in setting up at least one of them to be able to debug my classes. Does anybody have an idea where to start? I think I have figured out a way to pass...

Free 10 to 15 week webinars on Rails, MySQL, Java EE 6, and Java Performance
Folks, We have started again free weekly live webinars from Oct. 8th week on the 4 courses - "Ruby on Rails", "MySQL", "Java EE 6", and "Java Performance". "Free Ruby On Rails 15-week Weekly webinars" Every Monday 11:00AM-noon EDT New York time (from Oct. 8th) https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/819131630 (for registration) https://groups.google.com/d/forum/jpassion_rails (class forum) "Free MySQL 15-week Weekly webinars" Every Tuesday 3:00PM-4:00PM EDT New York time (from Oct. 9th) https://www3.g...

Free java Ebook | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/11/hardcore-java.html
You need Java ebook? Download now For Free http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/11/hardcore-java.html solik wrote:> You need Java ebook? Download now For Free> http://freepdf-ebook.blogspasm.spam/2007/11/hardcore-java.htmlYeah, and O'Reilly really appreciates your theft of their publishing rights, I'm sure.Why do you think that your behavior is acceptable?-- Lew...

Free Version 2.0 Java Code Analyzer /Java Coding Standards Tool Now Available
QA Systems has released version 2.0 of its single user QStudio for Java Pro product. QA Systems is providing the single user QStudio for Java Pro free to the Java development community. QStudio for Java Pro 2.0 can be downloaded at no cost from www.qa-systems.com. QStudio for Java is a sophisticated code quality assessment and coding standards tool for Java development detecting potential software defects at compile time. It offers the ability to significantly reduce code review effort by automating a major portion of the code inspection and coding standards process. Version 2.0 h...

Web resources about - FREE JAVA GUIDE- free Java, j2ee, sql and plsql tutorials - comp.lang.java.help

Wikipedia:Tutorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia is a collaboratively edited encyclopedia to which you can contribute. This tutorial will help you become a Wikipedia contributor . ...

Facebook Publishes Local Currency Payments Tutorial For Developers
Facebook’s conversion from Facebook Credits to local currencies goes into effect Sept. 12, and the social network prepared a tutorial for developers ...

iOS Games Tutorial - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook gives people a social gaming experience on every mobile platform. Games can integrate with...

Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos
Groove 3 is a leading provider of training and tutorial videos for today's popular music software and recording techniques. View training videos ...

iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
News and tutorials to help you understand your Mac and other Apple Products

Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
One of the big announcements from Facebook’s F8 developer conference last week was the launch of access to Facebook’s translation tool for third ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

Photography Tutorial: Digital Photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Photography Tutorial: Digital Photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Four-part video tutorial taps Bob Ross lookalike to promote Photoshop Sketch for iOS
Adobe has chosen to use a Bob Ross lookalike for a series of video tutorials on using Adobe Photoshop Sketch with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil ...

TV-Style Ad Holds Viewers Better Than Blogger Tutorial, Says Google-L'Oreal Study
... found a conventional 30-second high-production TV-style ad got by far the best audience retention compared with a YouTube beauty blogger tutorial ...