input text right to left

Hi,

I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers.  I have math
problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several
digit numbers in a column).  Is there an easy way to specify that the text
insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard
left to right?  I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to
work.

kd

comp.lang.java.help 13339 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ROBT NISHIDA <kddran.6.26.83@verizon.net> wrote:
> I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers.  I have math
> problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several
> digit numbers in a column).  Is there an easy way to specify that the text
> insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard
> left to right?  I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to
> work.

What kind of "math page" do you mean? HTML as part of a web application?
Part of an applet? Please specify, as the answer depends on this.

The possibilities I can think of are:
- Part of an HTML page:
  Look at the HTML specification, or one of the dozens reference manuals
  on HTML.
- Part of a Swing interface (either an application or an applet):
  Have a look at the Java API for ypou input elements. Especially
  alignment.

--
Oscar Kind                                    http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/
Software Developer                    for contact information, see website

PGP Key fingerprint:    91F3 6C72 F465 5E98 C246  61D9 2C32 8E24 097B B4E2
0
oscar1 (512)

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

input text that goes right to left
Hi, I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math problems where the input needs to be right to left (e.g. adding two several digit numbers in a column). Is there an easy way to specify that the text insertion point needs to move from right to left instead on the standard left to right? I tried the direction property, but that doesn't seem to work. kd "ROBT NISHIDA" <kddran.6.26.83@verizon.net> wrote in message news:gSegd.5318$jD4.1376@trnddc06... > Hi, > > I am new to java. Am creating a math page for teachers. I have math &g...

textarea: get text left and right from selected text
Hello everybody, I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right side if a user selects some text in a textarea. Regards Mario *** mariomueller escribi�/wrote (23 Aug 2006 12:31:43 -0700): > I am looking for a method to get the text on the left and the right > side if a user selects some text in a textarea. This article may help: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/selected.html -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor con rayos UVA: http://www.demogracia.com -- Hi ...

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

text-align left AND text-align-right in same container (on same line)
Is it possible to have a box (div) which sets a background-color and which contains (on the same line) text which is left aligned and text which is right aligned. (as in a table: two td's left one left aligned, right one right aligned). Thanxs!! At approximately 2006/09/21 15:46, Sjef Janssen typed these characters: >Is it possible to have a box (div) which sets a background-color and which >contains (on the same line) text which is left aligned and text which is >right aligned. (as in a table: two td's left one left aligned, right one >right aligned)....

Right-to-left text
I come back to right-to-left text such as Arabic and Hebrew. (Previous thread was "non-Latin-1 in iCab 3".) My test page http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/right-to-left.html lists all HTML and CSS constructs for bidirectional text. It uses only ASCII digits! You do not need to know Arabic or Hebrew; you don't even need fonts with Arabic or Hebrew letters. If your browser passes this test, it is likely to display Arabic and Hebrew pages correctly. ...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

Help with \left and \right
I like to use the following command \newcommand{\set}[1]{\left\{#1\right\}} Hence \set{1,2,3} is typeset as {1,2,3} My problem is that the useage of \left...\right dosen't allow linebreaks in between the delimiters. Hence I often get overfull hbox warnings and lines continuing too far into the margin. The alternative is to define \set without using \left and \right and loose the nice feature of always have the brackets being the right size when used in displayed equations. What I would like to do is define \set to use \left...\right if it is used in displaymath mode and use \{...\} if...

Text and Image inside table <td> Alight Text Left and Image right in same cell ??
Is that possible? How? <td > <asp:Label ID="StartDateLabel" runat="server" Text="Start Date:"> <asp:imagebutton ID="Imagebutton1" width=18 Height=18 CommandName=SetDate imageUrl="../cal.jpg" runat=server /> </asp:Label> </td> <td > On 2006-10-24, Jason <jason@cyberpine.com> wrote: > Is that possible? How? Set text-align: left on the cell as usual (it's likely to be the default), and make the image float: right. To work around a Firefox float bug, better to put the image befor...

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

Comparing two input files
Hi there, I need a bit help. Here's my "compare-function": -------------- function comp(file1,file2) % ====================================== % Matlab script to compare 2 input-files % ====================================== % Read first character into char array (skipping rest of line) [file1_data]=textread(file1,'%3c%*[^\n]') [file2_data]=textread(file2,'%3c%*[^\n]') % Read the file like this, using NaN in empty cells: [data] = textread('data.csv','','delimiter',',','emptyvalue',NaN); -------------- As you see, it...

Help with : send "hello world" ASCII text to Linux serial port and read into a text file in java virtual machine...
Hello. Excuse the fact that I'm a newbie. I have a linux v 2.4 box with serial port something like ttyS0. I have a java VM running. I want to be able to pass the phrase"hello world" that is sent to the serial port with hyperterminal from a PC to a .java program running inside java virtual machine. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track with: FileInputStream, fis read() I guess the idea is to read 1 character at a time and build up a file like textfile.txt I can only use printable characters. Maybe I need some flags like: start_of_text and end_of_text are needed? I just want to able to read the text file after it has been sent, and the "hello world" is now there! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. lang.help wrote: > Hello. Excuse the fact that I'm a newbie. > I have a linux v 2.4 box with serial port something like ttyS0. > I have a java VM running. > I want to be able to pass the phrase"hello world" that is sent to the > serial port with hyperterminal from a PC to a .java program running > inside java virtual machine. > I'm not sure if I'm on the right track with: > > FileInputStream, fis read() > I guess the idea is to read 1 character at a time and > build up a file like textfile.txt > > I can only use printable characters. > Maybe I need some flags like: start_of_text > and > end_of_text > are needed? > > I just want to...

Help : I want the sound to sound at the left and right of the screen..I also want it to continue forever....but the sound plays 4 times and stop...kindly help
import java.awt.*; import java.util.Formatter; import javax.swing.*; import java.io.File; import java.io.IOException; import javax.sound.sampled.*; import java.awt.Toolkit; // Extends JPanel, so as to override the paintComponent() for custom rendering codes. public class second extends JPanel { // Container box's width and height private static final int BOX_WIDTH = 640; private static final int BOX_HEIGHT = 480; private Clip clip; // Ball's properties private float ballRadius = 50; // Ball's radius private float ballX =250- ballRadius ; // Ball's center (x, y) private float ballY = 250-ballRadius; private float ballSpeedX = 7; // Ball's speed for x and y //private float ballSpeedY = 2; private static final int UPDATE_RATE = 30; // Number of refresh per second /** Constructor to create the UI components and init game objects. */ public second() { super(); this.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(BOX_WIDTH, BOX_HEIGHT)); // Start the ball bouncing (in its own thread) Thread gameThread = new Thread() { public void run() { try { // Open an audio input stream. File soundFile = new File("resources/snd16.wav"); // Get a sound clip resource. Clip clip = AudioSystem.getClip(); // Open audio clip and load samples from the audio input stream. AudioInputStream audioIn = AudioSystem.getAudioInputStream(soundFile); clip.open(audioIn); while (true) { // Execute one update step // Calculate the ball's new position ballX += ballSpeedX; // Che...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, > at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) That makes no sense whatsoever. gnuplot generates some kind of picture. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether a line was drawn from left to right or right to left --- it'll be the same line in the end, consisisting of exactly the same pixels being coloured. So since this doesn't make sense, maybe you should tell us what your actual problem is, so we can find out how that might be solved. On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:12:33 PM UTC+1, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker wrote: > On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: >=20 >=20 >=20 > > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my >=20 > > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, >=20 > > at the minute it plots from...

right to left text field
just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. polaris wrote: > just i want to change the direction of the writing in the text field > to be from right to left. I tried Font.layoutGlyphVector but I don't > know how to set the arguments especailly the first and the second > arguments. Am i in the right way or there is another way? pls help. > Mayb...

Right to left text area
Hi, I have been trying to get right to left text working for a while now. What I want is a JTextArea, with my own very specific font (for a middle-eastern language that is RTL). I have the TTF font, and I can get the JTextArea to type with this font. I have even devised a way to map key strokes on the keyboard to the glyphs from the font that I want. What I cannot figure out is how to make this text start and flow from the right to the left. I have tried all variations of setComponentOrientation() and setAlignmentX(). I have even tried creating my own DefaultKeyTypedAction() that...

help
Im working with Java. Im writing this program right now.....and one of the thing i have to do is present a matrix onto the screen....my problem is that i dont know how to make to make the far right colum of the matrix to be right aligned. Any help will be much appreciated heres what i have right now 0.000 0.000 0.000 2.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 12.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 138.000 HERES WHAT I WANT 0.000 0.000 0.000 2.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 12.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 138.000 Please help System.out.prin...

Help:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hai guys, I want to declare a huge two dimension array with rows=99939263 cols=1606 when I tried to declare an array as follows double arr[][]; arr=new double[rows][cols]; I am getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError So anyone tell me to handle this problem. Is there any solution other than two dimension array? Regards ackumar > So anyone tell me to handle this problem. It depends what the problem is that you're trying to solve. The quickest solution to your problem, as stated, is to run the JVM with more memory. Add the -mXms 256m option to your java run command to increase ...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

HELP : right to left property
Hello My VB6 project is prepared and compiled on my machine. Right to Left Property has been set to true on all forms. all Menus are showing Right aligned. When I install the application on other computer, the Right to Left Property is LOST. Neither the form, nor the controls (having RTL ability) are preserving the Right to Left Property. Is there any DLL that I should ship with the Setup Package ? Thanks tahaminejad@hotmail.com (shadi)'s wild thoughts were released on 11 Mar 2005 08:21:35 -0800 bearing the following fruit: >Hello >My VB6 project is prepared and c...

Web resources about - input text right to left - comp.lang.java.help

Pinyin input method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The pinyin method ( simplified Chinese : 拼音输入法 ; traditional Chinese : 拼音輸入法 ; pinyin : pīnyīn shūrù fǎ ) refers to a family of input methods ...

Spredfast Integrates Bazaarvoice To Add Input From Users Of Facebook, Other Social Networks
Ratings and reviews from fellow users of Facebook and other social networks often play a role in purchasing decisions. Recognizing this, social ...

Public Input Period for Louisville's Transportation Initiative Ends on Monday - 89.3 WFPL
Monday is the last day for the public to submit ideas and comments on the proposals from Move Louisville, an initiative to increase mobility ...

Input - The cloud console on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Input - The cloud console. Download Input - The cloud console and ...

TV input and safe - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The TV has real composite video in. The safe allows you to set a code, and has an outlet inside it. I guess they want you to put your laptop ...

Expanding the Input Expressivity of Smartwatches with Mechanical Pan, Twist, Tilt, and Click - YouTube ...
We present a novel, six-degree-of-freedom mechanical input method for smartwatches, and a series of input techniques and example applications ...

Scott Fardy calls for less video ref input as controversial sin bin hurts Brumbies against Waratahs
ACT Brumbies foward Scott Fardy says he was "genuinely trying to intercept" a pass which resulted in him controversially being sent to the sin ...

Piazza Research defends the government's input into tram poll questions
... covered, says Piazza Research. Piazza Research has strongly defended the way it came up with tram polling questions, saying government input ...

Closing the Gap 'doomed to fail' without more Indigenous input, activist Patrick Dodson says
Aboriginal leaders are calling for a new compact with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull amid warnings that the Government's signature Closing the ...

Chinese premier announces input of 20 mln AUD to continue MH370 search
Chinese premier announces input of 20 mln AUD to continue MH370 search