Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba

Hi,

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)

I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

Thanks!

'Microsoft Access Database' with Java.
Hi, is there any way to get the data of a 'Microsoft-Access-Database' with Java under Linux?I have got only the .mbd file and no Windows... greez fabian Fabian Rossbacher wrote: > is there any way to get the data of a 'Microsoft-Access-Database' with Java > under Linux?I have got only the .mbd file and no Windows... No, JDBC isn't magic. If you want to use a database, you'll need DBMS software to do it. No one is likely to rewrite all of the core functionality of Microsoft Access in a JDBC driver any time soon. -- www.designacourse.com The Easiest Way to Train Anyone... Anywhere. Chris Smith - Lead Software Developer/Technical Trainer MindIQ Corporation "Chris Smith" <cdsmith@twu.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1b1fbfc473ad7ff2989b2a@news.pop4.net... > Fabian Rossbacher wrote: > > is there any way to get the data of a 'Microsoft-Access-Database' with Java > > under Linux?I have got only the .mbd file and no Windows... > > No, JDBC isn't magic. If you want to use a database, you'll need DBMS > software to do it. No one is likely to rewrite all of the core > functionality of Microsoft Access in a JDBC driver any time soon. Nope. Your best bet is to convert the database in a Winblows machine, using a JDBC connection to a Linux-hosted server DBMS as your target. Luke You can use mdbtools (http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/) to convert it so ...

How to create Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) in Java
I want to create a blank Microsoft Access 97 Database in Java and later connect to it and create tables and insert data. I know how to connect to an existing .mdb database, but I have no idea how to create one using Java. Can you help me figure out how to make it. Thank you! "Pony" <bjliu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:krkMd.259672$6l.241163@pd7tw2no... >I want to create a blank Microsoft Access 97 Database in Java and later > connect to it and create tables and insert data. I know how to connect to > an > existing .mdb database, but I have no idea how to create one using Java. > Can > you help me figure out how to make it. Thank you! The only solution is to copy an existing empty mdb, connect to this and create tables etc... No way to create a mdb from code (also with MS VB!!). Mario _Mario_ wrote: > "Pony" <bjliu@21cn.com> wrote in message > news:krkMd.259672$6l.241163@pd7tw2no... > >>I want to create a blank Microsoft Access 97 Database in Java and later >>connect to it and create tables and insert data. I know how to connect to >>an >>existing .mdb database, but I have no idea how to create one using Java. >>Can >>you help me figure out how to make it. Thank you! > > > The only solution is to copy an existing empty mdb, connect to this and > create tables etc... > No way to create a mdb from code (also with MS...

Java Applet gets error accessing DB: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission ... resolve)
Hi folks, I'm new about developing Java applets and I need some help. I'm developing a Web Application based on JSPs and Tomcat in Netbeans. I've also developed a Java Applet which its package has some classes. This Applet connects to a Sybase Database (JConnect) in order to query some information. It works fine when I run the Applet Class at Netbeans. The Jar containing this Applet (and the Jar supporting the DB driver) is embedded into a JSP of my Web Application through JSP Plugin tag. When I call for this JSP (where the Applet is embedded) I get this error (at the Client J...

Java Applets connecting to Databases: access denied (java.net.SocketPermission ... resolve)
Hi folks,I'm new about developing Java applets and I need some help.I'm developing a Web Application based on JSPs and Tomcat in Netbeans.I've also developed a Java Applet which its package has some classes.This Applet connects to a Sybase Database (JConnect) in order to querysome information. It works fine when I run the Applet Class atNetbeans.The Jar containing this Applet (and the Jar supporting the DB driver)is embedded into a JSP of my Web Application through JSP Plugin tag.When I call for this JSP (where the Applet is embedded) I get thiserror (at the Client Java Console):ja...

java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.io.FilePermission help.txt read)
Hello to everyone, i have written a java applet. I use Jcreator.My applet runs successfully both with appletviewer and jcreator. However when i test my applet in browsers(IE,MOZILLA) i 'm always getting the error message applet notinited.Then i open JavaConsole and i see the error message: "java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.io.FilePermission help.txt read)". Help.txt is a text file which feeds help text to a TEXTAREA of my applet. I've tried the java policytool but i didn't solve the problem yet. Thanks in advance Thanasis ...

Access to zipped Microsoft Access database
Hello, I have no problems with connecting to ms access database, although now I want to connect with a mdb file which is zipped. Is it possible to unzip it only in memory (without saving to a hard-drive) and connect to such database? The reason is that I just don't want to publish mdb file which can be easily accessed and modified by other and putting it in zip with different file extensions can make that task little harder. Regards, mark mark wrote: > I have no problems with connecting to ms access database, although now > I want to connect with a mdb file which is zipped. Is it possible to > unzip it only in memory (without saving to a hard-drive) and connect to > such database? > The reason is that I just don't want to publish mdb file which can be > easily accessed and modified by other and putting it in zip with > different file extensions can make that task little harder. I don't think the Access ODBC driver will support it. You could enable security on the MDB though. Arne mark wrote: > Hello, > > I have no problems with connecting to ms access database, although now > I want to connect with a mdb file which is zipped. Is it possible to > unzip it only in memory (without saving to a hard-drive) and connect to > such database? > The reason is that I just don't want to publish mdb file which can be > easily accessed and modified by other and putting it in zip with >...

Accessing dynamic java classpath in Java classes
Hello, I am using Java within a Matlab .m file. Consider the following code snippet: {matlab code} javaaddpath('C:\MyAPI.jar'); frame=com.mypackage.MyGUI(); frame.setVisible(true); {more matlab code} I am adding MyAPI.jar to the classpath using javaaddpath. This adds MyAPI.jar to the dynamic classpath (as opposed to the static classpath). It makes com.mypackage.MyGUI() available to the Matlab script. There is code within com.mypackage.MyGUI() that simply prints the output of the following java code String [] elements = System.getProperty("java.class.path")...

Java: Using an access database
I am fairly new to database programming in java. I have used odbc to make connections to access dbs but I was wondering how I could connect directly to an access db on my local machine. Do I have to download any specific drivers or are they already on my pc and how would I code this connection. thanks in advance clowtown wrote: > I am fairly new to database programming in java. I have used odbc to > make connections to access dbs but I was wondering how I could connect > directly to an access db on my local machine. Do I have to download > any specific drivers or are they al...

Dates, Java, and Access Databases
I have a form created via NetBeans. I have an Access Database. I am correctly connected and can write to the database. However, I have three Date fields that I need some help with. First, I need to have formatted input on the Form Fields. Then I need to save the date to the database in the correct date/time (it's set up that way) format. My problem other than the formatted input is that there are times that one or more of the date Fields will be without data. I can't seem to get a blank field to write to the database properly. I get a data mismatch error whenever I try to send ...

Accessing Microsoft Exchange from Java
Hey guys, Does anyone know of a simple way of accessing Exchange information (users' appointments, specifically) using Java? For example, if my logon was nbarnwell, and my e-mail address nbarnwell@company.co.uk. How could I get my (non-private) appointments out of Exchange ready to display on say, the company intranet? It would be nice if they could be edited, too, in addition to simply reading. Any advice gratefully received. <Barney /> ...

java long in an Access database
Hi, Perhaps this is more of an Access question. I'm discovering that Access' "Long Integer" cannot store a java Long. So I'm resorting to string the numbers as strings. I'm I doing the right thing (other than using Access :) ) or missing someting? Many thanks in advance! Aaron Fude aaronfude@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Perhaps this is more of an Access question. I'm discovering that > Access' "Long Integer" cannot store a java Long. So I'm resorting to > string the numbers as strings. I'm I doing the right thing (other than > using Access :) ) or missing someting? > > Many thanks in advance! > > Aaron Fude > Why not use java.math.BigDecimal? ResultSet supports it (getBigDecimal etc.) and you can (kind of) calculate with it. If scale is 0, it behaves like integer. -- Arto Viitanen, CSC Espoo, Finland "Arto Viitanen" wrote... > aaronfude@gmail.com wrote: >> Perhaps this is more of an Access question. I'm discovering that >> Access' "Long Integer" cannot store a java Long. So I'm resorting to >> string the numbers as strings. I'm I doing the right thing (other than >> using Access :) ) or missing someting? > Why not use java.math.BigDecimal? ResultSet supports it (getBigDecimal > etc.) and you can (kind of) calculate with it. If scale is 0, it behaves > like inte...

accessing mySQL database with Java
Hello Finally i could get the jdbc driver to run, but the rest is still not running. i could successfully create a database and a table with the command line, but from the applet i wrote, i can't access it. here the code and then the error messagen: the name of the table is: esgeht. void database() throws ClassNotFoundException, SQLException{ try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); System.out.println("ok. ist gegaxt"); } catch(ClassNotFoundException e){ System.out.println("nicht gegangen"); } String url = "jdbc:odbc:esgeht"; Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"admin","admin"); } ok. ist gegaxt java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Der Datenquellenname wurde nicht gefunden, und es wurde kein Standardtreiber angegeben at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source) at HelloWorld.database(HelloWorld.java:51) at HelloWorld.start(HelloWorld.java:32) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) any ideas w...

SN#10373 Tutorial on Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity API Database Access
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 65 Issue 2 2003-07-07 Article 10373 from section "Java Technology" "Keeping Simple Things Simple" The tutorial on Java[TM] DataBase Connectivity (JDBC[TM]) API Database Access by Maydene Fisher covers the basics of the API features of version 2.0. Fisher states, "The JDBC API was designed to keep simple things simple. This means that the JDBC API makes everyday database tasks, like simple SELECT statements, very easy." This trail (section in the tutorial) is divided into two lessons, JDBC Basics and New Features in the JDBC 2.0 API: JDBC Basics covers the JDBC 1.0 API, which is included in Java[TM] Development Kit (JDK[TM]) 1.1. The second part covers the JDBC 2.0 API, which is part of the JDK 1.2 release. The basics are: getting started with the download, setting up a database (the coffeebreak example is used), establishing a connection with the DBMS, setting up tables and how to use them. In the New Features section of the tutorial the topics covered include: how to move the cursor in a scrollable result set, how to update result sets using the JDBC 2.0 API and how to make batch updates. Also covered is: SQL3 datatypes and how to use them in an application written in the Java programming language. The JDBC 2.0 API provides interfaces that...

Access java applet using java script
Hello , I develop a Java applet that access some files in client machine's hard disk. This applet is a signed one and works fine with Mozilla Firefox and IE6. Then I create some functions to do the same thing and try to access the functions through the script. But unfortunately the applet throws some security exceptions. Can you please help me to overcome this issue. What are the limitations with java applet and java script ? Is there any additional limitations in accessing java applet through javascript ? thank You, Sirama Buwa. ...

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission)
Hi, I have Signed Applet, I set everything, Security Certificate, policy, � It works in appletviewer, bat when I start it in IE throws following exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission summer3.jdn read) but I set that permission in my policy. What�s the problem? If anyone know please help me! ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

How to access a MySQL database from Java code?
Please help me learn how can I create a MySQl database and then modify/update it with Java. Please give me some helpfull code... azsx wrote: > Please help me learn how can I create a MySQl database and then > modify/update it with Java. Please give me some helpfull code... > I found that Googling for JDBC throws up some helpful code. Third item: "This document illustrates the basics of the JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) API (Application Program Interface). Here, you will learn to use the basic JDBC API to create tables, insert values, query tables, retrieve results, update tables, create prepared statements, perform transactions and catch exceptions and errors. This document draws from the official Sun tutorial on JDBC Basics. " azsx wrote: > Please help me learn how can I create a MySQl database and then > modify/update it with Java. Please give me some helpfull code... There are plenty of books on JDBC programming. The O'Reilly title "Database programming with JDBC and Java" is a perfectly good one, with plenty of example code snippets and full working programs, which can also be downloaded from the O'Reilly web site. As Ian Wilson has pointed out, the Sun tutorial on JDBC programming is available online, and that also contains many examples. For MySQL-specific information, you should refer to the online documentation for Connector/J, the MySQL JDBC implementation: http://d...

Java access speed (database or arrays)
Hello, Quick question... well, at least it's short... Is it quicker to constantly query the database for information, or to query the database once, store the information into an array, and that array into a session variable to be used through different pieces of code? I am using MySQL and JSP. Don't know what other information might be pertinent as I really don't know how to test this... Thanks for any help, Nino Skilj Nino wrote: > Is it quicker to constantly query the database for information, or to > query the database once, store the information into an array, and ...

Java with MS Access 2000 Database
Hi All I am trying to connect with MS Access database but faild. Please let me know what are the alternatives, so that I can connect to an Access Database. Thanks in Advance Zee What are you failing with? Make sure you have your data source/DB setup via control panel. The following pice of code shows how I connect to a ms access database called myDB. ------------------ // Load the driver class Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); // Define the data source for the driver String sourceURL = "jdbc:odbc:myDB"; // Create a connection thr...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

HELP
Hi, is possible access to Domino Database by java API? And it is possible read and save contacts, calendar, email from / in domino database? Anyone knows sample links? thanks for any suggestion. fabio "fabio" <fabiopv@tin.it> wrote in message news:_qIEc.399690$hc5.17240374@news3.tin.it... > Hi, > > is possible access to Domino Database by java API? > > And it is possible read and save contacts, calendar, email from / in domino > database? > > Anyone knows sample links? > > thanks for any suggestion. > fabio ...

Web resources about - Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba - comp.lang.java.help

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message