java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError when running java tests

Hi,

When execute the junit test we get:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError at
se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.pms.impl.RBScanner.preperAndPush(RBScanner.java:526)
at
se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.pms.impl.RBScanner.scan(RBScanner.java:766)
at
se.company.wcdma.rbs.boam.mao.rmo.iub.tb.sut.IubDataStreamMoImplTest.testNewCounters(IubDataStreamMoImplTest.java:254)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
at
at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:22) at
junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:19) at
junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:23)	0.086
testOldCounters	Error	N/A

Any ideas what IncompatibleClassChangeError is and how we can correct it?

Cheers,

//mikael

The cause for this is probably that the RBScanner classes depends on
another class which has changed. This can happen if you didn't perform
a full recompile of the sources.

Delete your class output, recompile the whole source tree and fix any
errors that pop up

0
bcremers (150)
12/13/2005 10:05:44 AM
BartCr wrote:
> The cause for this is probably that the RBScanner classes depends on
> another class which has changed. This can happen if you didn't perform
> a full recompile of the sources.
>
> Delete your class output, recompile the whole source tree and fix any
> errors that pop up

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We have made a clean of all class files before
doing a full recompile of hte sources. There are not compiling errors.
We still have the problem :-(

More hints appreciated!

cheers,

//mikael
What's the code executed on line 526 of RBScanner? It's possible that
there is a difference in used libraries (versions) between the
development and the runtime.

Regards,
Bart

0
bcremers (150)
12/13/2005 12:38:53 PM
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:50:41 +0100, Petterson Mikael
<mikael.petterson@era.ericsson.se> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>IncompatibleClassChangeError

see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#INCOMPATIBLECLASSCHANGEERROR
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651)
Hi Friends, Does any one has any idea about the following StackTrace. I am using CLDC1.1 and MIDP2.0 with Sun Java Studio Mobility. Any help will be highly appreciated. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sun.kvem.midp.MIDP.run(MIDP.java:651) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorImpl(EmulatorInvoker.java:116) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulatorSameVM(EmulatorInvoker.java:105) at com.sun.kvem.environment.EmulatorInvoker.runEmulator(EmulatorInvoker.java:63) at com.sun.kvem.environment.ProfileEnvironment$KVMThread.runEmulator (ProfileEnvironment.java:240)...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

Is there any free utilities I can use to view the memory used by all objects so I can track down the offending code? thanks Tim Maybe JConsole will help you out enough. Cheers. Opalinski opalpa@gmail.com http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/ Thanks, I figured out how to use hprof and it seems that something went nuts around date formatting - this trace is repeat hundereds of times... sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.getContents(DateFormatZoneData.java:164) sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144) TRACE 304641: java.text.DateFormat$Field.&l...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java
I created an applet which just attaches an extended TransferHandler to a gui and it worked fine on my computer... Online however I got this error: java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unkno...

How to define java.lang.Object using java IDL
Hi all, I have a function like: boolean method(java.lang.Object param). How can I define this using java IDL? In another words, I need to pass an instance of java.lang.Object from Client to Server using CORBA. Is this possible? I would be nice simply to typecast the Object at Server-side into whatever needed. How about without typecasts, is this possible in any way, for example using a helper function like: java.lang.Object anyToJavaLangObject(Any value) Code examples ?!? Thanks in advance Juha Rossi ...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path
make sure you have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to include $ORACLE_HOME/lib... throw something like export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib in your .bashrc ...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
Does anyone have any ideas on why that happened: [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Explaining the situation. I have such code: for (int i=0; i<10000-1; i++) { for (int j=i+1; j<10000; j++) { compareElements(arr[i], arr[j]); } } Element of the array is a simple class that has two fields (one is string and another is BitVector) and getters and setters for those fields. Function compareElements compares the BitVectors of two elements. Now the problem: when I run the code, program runs only till then 1334 element in t...

Web resources about - java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError when running java tests - comp.lang.java.help

Issues - android - Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in android Android Open Source Project - Issue Tracker Project Home Issues New issue Search Search within: All issues Open ...

GWT 2.2 and java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
There are updated libraries available for some third-party GWT libraries, but others (like the gwt-google-apis ) haven’t been updated yet. The ...

tag: Android - YouTrack
× Reports Create Average issue age report Create Burndown report Create Cumulative flow report Create Advanced issues per project report Create ...

jdk8/jdk8/jdk: log
log graph tags bookmarks branches changeset browse bz2 zip gz help OpenJDK / jdk8 / jdk8 / jdk log Find changesets by keywords (author, files, ...

Issues - visage - Declarative language for expressing user interfaces - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in visage Declarative language for expressing user interfaces Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search ...