Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class

{English}
Hello,

we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from
the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some
strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the
connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages,
closing the Folder and closing the Store,  my windows / outlook user
gets locked. And I don't know why!!!

Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background?
 Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in  READ_WRITE
mode that this interfears with outlook?

Thx for help
carsten

{Deutsch}
Hallo,
wir haben hier einen Exchange Server und ich kann mit der java.mail
class eine Verbindung zu diesem herstellen.
Ich hole mir den Store, oeffne den Folder, bekomme alle meine
Nachrichten, schliese den Folder und schliese den Store.
All das funktioniert gut. Nur passiert es leider, das nach einigen
Versuchen ploetzlich mein Windows/Outlook User gesperrt wird.
Koennte es vielleicht damit zusammenhaengen das ich Outlook im
Hintergrund geoffnet habe?
Und das zwei "Programme" im READ_WRITE Modus auf den OutlookFolder
zugreifen?

Danke fuer Hilfe
carsten

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

Help with Java Runtime class
Hi, So when I try to run a batch file that contains the path of an executable (specific to my project), then it runs properly, spewing out relevant data as desired. But when I try to run the same batch file through Java's Runtime class, then the program hangs on me. Here's the relevant code for the program..please let me know where I'm wrong.. import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.InputStreamReader; public class processTest { /** * @param args */ public static void main(String[] args) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub try { String args2[] = {"cmd"...

Accessing dynamic java classpath in Java classes
Hello, I am using Java within a Matlab .m file. Consider the following code snippet: {matlab code} javaaddpath('C:\MyAPI.jar'); frame=com.mypackage.MyGUI(); frame.setVisible(true); {more matlab code} I am adding MyAPI.jar to the classpath using javaaddpath. This adds MyAPI.jar to the dynamic classpath (as opposed to the static classpath). It makes com.mypackage.MyGUI() available to the Matlab script. There is code within com.mypackage.MyGUI() that simply prints the output of the following java code String [] elements = System.getProperty("java.class.path")...

Java script java class
Hello, I need to access java class in a jar file using a javascript. Is there any way to do this other than using a java applet ? Please help .. Prashan prashan.buddhika@gmail.com schreef: > Hello, > > I need to access java class in a jar file using a javascript. Is there > any way to do this other than using a java applet ? Please help .. > > Prashan You didn't specify where this class in the JAR is. The problem is simple: JavaScript is executed in the browser. Java is not, unless you make an applet. If you do that, you can let them communicate. The easiest way to...

Java Newbie Question
Hello, This is my first post to this group and I am quite new to java. Here is the background to my question: - I have written in Java using Eclipse, a card game server. I accept client connections from an applet and add players to card games and they play cards. Wow, sounds great you must be thinking. Anyway I have been in talking to a hosting company about servers to host this on and was going to host on Linux (Redhat/Fedora). But the guy at the hosting recommended Windows Server 2003 because my website in .NET. So that leaves me the concern.. ...how reliable, fast, etc is running m...

Passing java.lang.Class type as an argument to Java method
I am trying to set the default cell renderer for a JTable from within Matlab. All my efforts to this point have been based on Sun's 'How To Use Tables' tutorial. According to methodsview('JTable') the signature of the function is setDefaultRenderer(java.lang.Class,javax.swing.table.TableCellRenderer ) I cannot get this function to executed, and I think its because I cannot create a java.lang.Class argument from within Matlab. Following a corresponding code snipit: import javax.swing.*; import java.awt.*; import java.awt.event.*; columnNames = { 'First Name', &...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

JSP page access regular Java class (non-Java bean)
I am new to JSP. But most of the time people say JSP page access Java Bean classes. I want to know what if I want to access regular Java classes?? Should I do like this in the code: <% NormalJavaClass cl = new NormalJavaClass(); cl.process(); %> <%-- JSP page access Java Bean -- %> <jsp:useBean scope="session" id="formDataBeanObj" class="formdatatest.FormDataBean"/> <jsp:setProperty name="formDataBeanObj" property="*"/> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>page1.jsp</TITLE> <BODY> <FORM METHOD="...

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia
Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small ...

Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small On...

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia
Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small ...

how to access the mother class from inside a java nested class
hi, i have this class called AlphaField extending FormField, and inside there is a nested class WholeNumberdocument extending PlainDocument. In the method InsertString(...) i would like to call the updateStatus(String) method from FormField. Problem is: super is the PlainDocument not the FormField , of course, does someone know how i can get to my method? public class AlphaField extends FormField { protected class WholeNumberDocument extends PlainDocument { public void insertString(String str) { // do some stuff ( sorry it's confidential) // and then: // here is my problem: <the mother class of AlphaField>.updateStatus("turlututu"); // end problem } } } Sebastien wrote: > hi, > > i have this class called AlphaField extending FormField, > and inside there is a nested class WholeNumberdocument extending PlainDocument. > > In the method InsertString(...) i would like to call > the updateStatus(String) method from FormField. AlphaField.this.super.updateStatus(); ...

Java Windows Service and Java GUI application
Hi, I have a Java server application which runs as Windows service (jvm 1.4.1). I also have a Java GUI application (jvm 1.4.2). When the server is running, the GUI application doesn't start (no errors, just hang). When the server is stopped, the applications runs without any problem. Any idea? Regards Jean-Marc Jean-Marc Autexier wrote: > Any idea? Use a debugger to figure out where the application hangs. /Thomas ...

Double-clicking Java class file on Windows
I know this really is a Windows issue but I can't find its official documentation nowhere. My question is: how to enable double-click launching of a Java class which has main() method, via Windows filetype association mechanism? If we can't do it, then, why it is? hiwa wrote: > I know this really is a Windows issue but > I can't find its official documentation nowhere. > > My question is: how to enable double-click > launching of a Java class which has main() > method, via Windows filetype association > mechanism? > > If we can't do it, then, wh...

problem with java class file compile in Windows

Execute Java Classes from command line (windows)
Hi everybody, I created a project with 2 packages , and no external libraries required , that works well on eclipse. But when I try to run it from command line java give me strange errors : (note that java is correctly set to the path). My project is located at C:\thesis\thesis\classes then I have 2 packages "app" and "agentLibrary". I have simply to exectute the Main class in "app" (which cointains reference to some "agentLibrary" classes).(The main class has a void main method with no parameters). I tried this : C:> java -classpath C:\thesis\thesi...

PLEASE HELP at Java Servlet / Java Server Pages !!!!!
// Forgive my English :) I have to write a program (JS or JSP), which connect with Oracle and get out date from some table. I've found some example, but it makes errors :(( I installed these : J2EE 5.0 Tomcat 5.5.17 Oracle Express Edition 10.2g I put ojdbc14.jar in in folder, where is my .jsp file. Source of .jsp : <% Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); java.sql.Connection connection=java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc: oracle:thin//localhost:3306/"baza","login","haslo"); java.sql.ResultSet rs=connection.createStatement().executeQuery("select * from $TableName"); out.println("col count is "+rs.getMetaData().getColumnCount()); String colName=rs.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(1); out.println("col label is "+colName); while(rs.next()){ Object o=rs.getObject(colName); out.println(colName+" "+o); } %> Errors : description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /moja/baza2.jsp Generated servlet error: Syntax error on tokens, delete these tokens org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper. handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:...

User-defined java objects : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, I am interfacing Java with Matlab, using my proper Java Classes. After 3 runs I have the following message : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and of course my application crash. I tried to clear the objects I have created, but not successfully. The memory used by Matlab stays reasonable (given by command 'whos' when running). So that I don't understand where do the memory fail : is that from the Java Virtual Machine ? How can I resolve this problem ? Some help would be really appreciated... Thank's ...

PLEASE HELP at Java Servlet / Java Server Pages !!!!!
// Forgive my English :) I have to write a program (JS or JSP), which connect with Oracle and get out date from some table. I've found some example, but it makes errors :(( I installed these : J2EE 5.0 Tomcat 5.5.17 Oracle Express Edition 10.2g I put ojdbc14.jar in in folder, where is my .jsp file. Source of .jsp : <% Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"); java.sql.Connection connection=java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc: oracle:thin//localhost:3306/"baza","login","haslo"); java.sql.ResultSet rs=connection.createStatement(...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

How to run a java class file direct from Windows Explorer?
Hi, I want to run my java files just by double clicking on them in Windows Explorer or through a shortcut. How do you do that? I want it to be easy for my friends to run them. What more do a person need to run the java application? Is it enough with the java virtual machine or most you have the complete Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment/Java(TM) 2 SDK? Thanks in advance /Bengan I'm guessing by saying Windows Explorer, you mean, for example, opening My Documents and double clicking something and it runs. Make a self executable jar file. Jar your classes and include a manifest.mf file. I...

Web resources about - Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class - comp.lang.java.help

Report: Hacker group FIN4 stealing insider info to exploit significant changes in stock prices
For more than a year attackers dubbed FIN4 have been stealing insider information that could affect stock prices by hacking email accounts of ...