f



NEWBIE: Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/

Dear Readers,

the last time I saw people asking this question was in 2000 and 2001
and no one has concluded it as to how they resolved the issue.

I wrote my sample program using Eclipse. that compiled and ran to
display the results at the bottom.  wanted to familiarize with the
tool. so wrote the program and compiled the program.

when i compiled at command line, the program compiled  fine.  when i
try to ran it: it gave the Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
DisplayApp/java/
error.

eclipse had a bunch of jar files from the c:\jsdk1.4.2._05 lib files
under it.  so i changed the classpath in the environmental variable to
have all the jar files as displayed on the eclipse editor.

ENV: WINXP.  Java: 

C:\>echo %classpath%
..;C:\TOMCAT4129\common\lib\servlet.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\lib\dt.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\lib\tools.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\plugin.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\dnsns.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\ldapsec.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\localedata.jar;C:\
j2sdk1.4.2_05\jre\lib\ext\sunjce_provider.jar


>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
DisplayApp/java

>javac -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
Compiled well.

>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
DisplayApp/java

>java DisplayApp.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
DisplayApp/java

I used both upper and lower cases for the %CLASSPATH% to see whether
it would make difference. that did not make any difference.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks and regards
Ravi.
0
10/8/2004 8:26:45 PM
comp.lang.java.help 13340 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
977 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

On 8 Oct 2004 13:26:45 -0700, mravichandran@gmail.com (Ravichandran
M.) wrote:

>Dear Readers,
>
>the last time I saw people asking this question was in 2000 and 2001
>and no one has concluded it as to how they resolved the issue.

You didn't look too hard. This is a very common question and has been
answered many times.

http://tinyurl.com/3u64h

[snip]

>>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>DisplayApp/java

try:

java DisplayApp

(note, no .java).


>
>>javac -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
>Compiled well.
>
>>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>DisplayApp/java
>
>>java DisplayApp.java
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>DisplayApp/java
>
>I used both upper and lower cases for the %CLASSPATH% to see whether
>it would make difference. that did not make any difference.
>
>any help will be appreciated.
>
>thanks and regards
>Ravi.


--
now with more cowbell
0
spamtrap11 (620)
10/8/2004 8:31:47 PM
Dear Bryce,

thanks for the URL and input.  I am getting some different set of
error messages because i am using a package - folder structure etc
generated by eclipse.

there is also a package statement in the program.  there is 1
consolation for me: the application ran fine in eclipse - as mentioned
before I am trying to get it work from a command env.

Let me closely study the contents of the tinyurl.com and try to fix
the msgs myself.

thanks and regards
Ravi.

Bryce <spamtrap@berzerker-soft.com> wrote in message news:<03udm0ho6iqq7sta3m8coco7buan85fgog@4ax.com>...
> On 8 Oct 2004 13:26:45 -0700, mravichandran@gmail.com (Ravichandran
> M.) wrote:
> 
> 
> You didn't look too hard. This is a very common question and has been
> answered many times.
> 
> http://tinyurl.com/3u64h
> 
> [snip]
> 
> >>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
> >Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> >DisplayApp/java
> 
> try:
> 
> java DisplayApp
> 
> (note, no .java).
>
0
10/12/2004 3:15:21 PM
To the Newbies like me,

the problem was:  I had a package/folder structure generated by the
eclipse 3.x ide.  i was able to compile (my classpath was already set
in the windows env).

I had go out of the package folder structure: \com\companyname\appname
folder structure at the root folder structure say such as
c:\LearnJava001 (above the com folder-whereas the java file will be
below in com/companyname/appname folders as JavaApp.java) and had to
type
c:\LearnJavaa/>java com.companyname.appname JavaApp
and it worked fine.

did not have to do anything.

Thanks Bryce for the URL.

regards
Ravi.



mravichandran@gmail.com (Ravichandran M.) wrote in message news:<50db728d.0410120715.30c67eb1@posting.google.com>...
> Dear Bryce,
> 
> thanks for the URL and input.  I am getting some different set of
> error messages because i am using a package - folder structure etc
> generated by eclipse.
> 
> there is also a package statement in the program.  there is 1
> consolation for me: the application ran fine in eclipse - as mentioned
> before I am trying to get it work from a command env.
> 
> Let me closely study the contents of the tinyurl.com and try to fix
> the msgs myself.
> 
> thanks and regards
> Ravi.
> 
> Bryce <spamtrap@berzerker-soft.com> wrote in message news:<03udm0ho6iqq7sta3m8coco7buan85fgog@4ax.com>...
> > On 8 Oct 2004 13:26:45 -0700, mravichandran@gmail.com (Ravichandran
> > M.) wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > You didn't look too hard. This is a very common question and has been
> > answered many times.
> > 
> > http://tinyurl.com/3u64h
> > 
> > [snip]
> > 
> > >>java -classpath %CLASSPATH% DisplayApp.java
> > >Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > >DisplayApp/java
> > 
> > try:
> > 
> > java DisplayApp
> > 
> > (note, no .java).
> >
0
10/14/2004 5:00:16 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 23 at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460)
Hi All I am having the torque3.1.jar and postgresql-7.4. I have compiled the new jdbc driver called as postgresql.jar and have placed it in the lib directory from where the ant scripts catch the jars. Whenever i try to access through torque gestList = BaseGestlistPeer.doSelect(new Criteria()); this error arises java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 23 at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:460) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.toTimestamp(ResultSet.java:1653) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

java.lang.Set with elements of type java.lang.Set
Roughly I do something along the lines of: Set set = new HashSet(); Set elem = new HashSet(); set.add(elem); // now we change the elem and add it again to the set elem.add(some object here); set.add(elem); I found out the hard way that 'set' may now contain 'elem' either once or twice, the reason being that 'elem.add()' changes the hashCode of elem such that it is not noticed that it is in 'set' already on the 2nd 'set.add()'. Question: What I would actually want is an IdentityHashSet() set = new IdentityHashSet() but this does not...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Newbie question Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Example
What am I doing wrong? D:\java>type Example.java /* This is a simple Java program. Call this file Example.java */ class Example { // A Java program begins with a call to main(). public static void main(String args[]) { System.out.println("Java drives the Web."); } } D:\java>javac Example.java D:\java>java Example Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Example D:\java>java -verbose Example [Opened D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Opened D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\sunrsasign.jar] [Opened D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\jsse.jar] [Opened D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\jce.jar] [Opened D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\charsets.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Object from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.io.Serializable from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Comparable from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.CharSequence from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.String from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Class from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Cloneable from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.ClassLoader from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.System from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Throwable from D:\oracle\ora92\jre\1.4.2\lib\rt.jar] [Loaded java.lang.Error from D:\oracle\ora...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; or an infinite loop. If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some commands to my actually code? Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. "Michael" <mbialowas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:TtWZf.8710$nf7.4484@pd7tw1no... > Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how > I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; > or an infinite loop. > > If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some > commands to my actually code? > > Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. Hi, If you're using Eclipse, try adding the following: choose the menu option "run", the "run" again, and you get an option screen. There, you choose "new" to define a new configuration for your current project. As soon as you have done that (or select an existing project), there are several tabs on the right. One of them reads "(x)= Arguments". Select that one, and add th...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Hi, Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT. Thanks Maneesh org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518) at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23) at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space how can I solve this error? I create a file C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win32 with the name java.opts with -Xmx2024m and I got the same error "Norberto Barroca" <norberto.barroca@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hh5gga$nc8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > how ...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space JEditor Pane
Folks i have a simple program mport java.awt.*; import java.awt.event.*; import javax.swing.*; import javax.swing.event.*; import javax.swing.event.HyperlinkListener; import javax.swing.event.HyperlinkEvent; import java.util.*; public class MyPanel extends JPanel implements HyperlinkListener { private JEditorPane J; private JTextArea jt; public MyPanel() { //construct components J = new JEditorPane (); jt=new JTextArea(5,5); //adjust size and set layout setPreferredSize (new Dimension (781, 508)); setLayout (null); //add co...

java matlab error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
Hello Im using matlab 2010 and 2007 with windows 7 and i have install the new java. Matlab array editor doesnt work right even though i can see the values of an array in the workspace when i try to edit them in the variable editor i cant see the values and i get an error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValuesAt(ValueTableModel.java:195) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.array.ValueTableModel.setValueAt(ValueTableModel.java:190) at com.mathworks.widgets.spreadsheet.ResizingTableModelWrapper.s...

Help needed on java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Hi all, I have added my classes to a project.I am using JBuilder.On compilation I do not get any errors for the classes I have added.But when I run the project I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for the classes I have added.I tried setting the environment variable CLASS_PATH for that specific class.But it did not work.Please let me know if you know anything about this. Regards, Abhijit. On 30 Sep 2004 06:44:20 -0700, Abhijit Gadekar <abhijitgadekar@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I have added my classes to a project.I am using JBuilder.On > compilation I do not get any errors for the classes I have added.But > when I run the project I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for the > classes I have > added.I tried setting the environment variable CLASS_PATH for that > specific class.But it did not work.Please let me know if you know > anything about this. While i can only guess what you actually mean, i guess you have a problem with your CLASSPATH (no underscore). Set it to the directory that contains the root of your package tree (if your class my.package.MyClass is saved as C:\somedir\my\package\MyClass.class, set CLASSPATH to C:\somedir\). Also, NoClassDefFoundError's are often thrown if you try to run a java program and type java MainType.class instead of java MainType. -- Whom the gods wish to destroy they first call promising. ...

SGI Java issue "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: poll0"
Hello all; I'm trying to debug an issue with a java script called, SelectSockets. It appears to be a fairly common one found on the web. I downloaded the SGI Java v1.4.1 installation from SGI's webpage and installed it using SGI's swmgr application. The installation was very straight forward and there were no errors when I installed the package. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/javac SelectSockets.java to make the SelectSockets.class file. Then I ran /usr/java2/bin/java SelectSockets, and got the following error message: =================================================...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #3
2007a, student version on windoz XP SP2. I use GUIDE, and after sometime of using it, I notice it gets sluggish in its response to editing and I see the following Java errors on the console: "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I am not sure why it runs out of RAM so fast. as I have 4 GB of physical RAM. I did a google on the above and I see that others have seen this. I wonder if there is any update on this problem that someone from Mathworks or others can comment on. Is this still a problem in later Matlab releases...

Web resources about - NEWBIE: Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/ - comp.lang.java.help

Resources last updated: 3/9/2016 2:31:36 PM