problem executing a command with JAVA under windows...

Hi,

I am trying to execute this command :
D:\Progra~1\curl --disable-epsv  -T
D:\abonnement\fichierOCOV\UTISG30\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv -u
glldadm:glldadm ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/ -D D:\curlOC.log

using JAVA.

So i use the Runtime.exec method :
(...)
String[] command = new String[10];
    command[0]  = "D:\\Progra~1\\curl";
    command[1]  = "--disable-epsv";
    command[2]  = "";
    command[3]  = "-T";
    command[4]  = "D:\\abonnement\\fichierOCOV\\UTISG30\\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv";
    command[5]  = "-u";
    command[6]  = "glldadm:glldadm";
    command[7]  = "ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/";
    command[8]  = "-D";
    command[9]  = "D:\\curlOC.log";

    byte[] buffer = new byte[1024];
    int count;

    InputStream input = null;
    try{

    input = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command).getInputStream();
    }
    catch (IOException e)
    {
	    throw new CommonException("Pb dans
l'ex�cution...\n"+e.getMessage(),e);
    }
(...)

but it does not work.

I have got an error :
(...)
CreateProcess: D:\Progra~1\curl --disable-epsv  -T
D:\abonnement\fichierOCOV\UTISG30\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv -u
glldadm:glldadm ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/ -D D:\curlOC.log  error=5
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\Progra~1\curl --disable-epsv
-T D:\abonnement\fichierOCOV\UTISG30\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv -u
glldadm:glldadm ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/ -D D:\curlOC.log  error=5
	java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
	java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
	java.io.IOException(java.lang.String)
	int java.lang.Win32Process.create(java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.io.FileDescriptor, java.io.FileDescriptor,
java.io.FileDescriptor)
	java.lang.Win32Process(java.lang.String [], java.lang.String [])
	java.lang.Process java.lang.Runtime.execInternal0(java.lang.String
[], java.lang.String [])
	java.lang.Process java.lang.Runtime.exec(java.lang.String [],
java.lang.String [])
	java.lang.Process java.lang.Runtime.exec(java.lang.String [])
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCOVLoadManager.sendFileByFTP(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCOVLoadManager.createNewFile(com.socgen.passif.data.VueSuiviFichier,
java.io.File, com.socgen.passif.data.VueUtilisateur,
com.socgen.passif.server.ejb.session.abonnement.AbonnementService,
com.socgen.passif.data.technical.VueFichierEtatSortie,
com.socgen.passif.enumeration.TypeTransfert, java.lang.String)
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCOVLoadManager.createAllFiles(com.socgen.passif.data.VueSuiviFichier,
java.io.File, java.util.HashMap,
com.socgen.passif.data.VueUtilisateur)
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCOVLoadManager.processCreateAllFiles(com.socgen.passif.data.VueSuiviFichier,
java.util.HashMap)
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCOVLoadManager.postFileLoad(com.socgen.passif.data.VueSuiviFichier)
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.FileLoadManager.processFilesToLoad()
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.load.ordre.FileOCLoadManager.processAllOCFiles()
	java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.Object [])
	void com.socgen.passif.client.technical.scheduler.ThreadManager.run()
(...)

which i can not solve. can somebody help me ?

THANX !!!
0
naudjf (2)

On 23 Nov 2004 07:46:07 -0800, naud wrote:

> ..D:\Progra~1\curl ...

Are you certain Windows treats that name the same in all
circumstances?  As I understand, 'Progra~1' is an abbreviation
for a longer name, is that correct?

You might try the command with the full path name.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/  Web & IT Help
> CreateProcess: D:\Progra~1\curl --disable-epsv  -T
> D:\abonnement\fichierOCOV\UTISG30\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv -u
> glldadm:glldadm ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/ -D D:\curlOC.log  error=5
> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: D:\Progra~1\curl --disable-epsv
> -T D:\abonnement\fichierOCOV\UTISG30\OC_20040928_9H15_163348837.csv -u
> glldadm:glldadm ftp://dsfb/temp/curl/ -D D:\curlOC.log  error=5
>      java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
>      java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
>      java.io.IOException(java.lang.String)
>      int java.lang.Win32Process.create(java.lang.String,

AFAIK error=5 means "Access is denied"

Bye.
--
Real Gagnon  from  Quebec, Canada
* Looking for Java or PB snippets ? Visit Real's How-to

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

Execute Java Classes from command line (windows)
Hi everybody, I created a project with 2 packages , and no external libraries required , that works well on eclipse. But when I try to run it from command line java give me strange errors : (note that java is correctly set to the path). My project is located at C:\thesis\thesis\classes then I have 2 packages "app" and "agentLibrary". I have simply to exectute the Main class in "app" (which cointains reference to some "agentLibrary" classes).(The main class has a void main method with no parameters). I tried this : C:> java -classpath C:\thesis\thesi...

Problems with Windows Memory executing java program
Hi all,I've some problems with Windows memory and a java program.I've developed a program that takes some data from serial port and putit in a Mysql database.Every 20 sec there are some new data in the serial port and theprogram runs 24h.I start the program in this way:java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -jar application.jarbut the windows memory in the task manager after some hours is toohight (90Mb) and after some days the program is freezed.I've tried to call Garbace collector many times in my code:System.gc();System.runFinalization();System.gc();But it seems that doesn't work...I have a ...

Help me, problem with java.lang.reflect.Field
Hi, I have a class like this class A{ public String abc; } And i got another class use class A { A a = new A(); Field[] fields = a.getClass().getDeclaredFields(); } The problem is that i can got the name of class A's fields but i cant got the actual object to deal with. Because i dont know the name of the class A's field, so i cant use a.a = "asd". I want to set value for class A dynamically, Please help me, thanks On 25 Jan 2007 00:36:42 -0800, Nicky wrote: > The problem is that i can got the name of class A's fields but i > cant got the actual object to deal ...

Problem executing Java programs from a Nautilus window?
I've got a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 desktop running and if I try to execute a Java program by clicking on the icon in a Nautilus window, it can't read local files. I think it must be starting from a different directory or something. Anybody know what I've got set wrong? Thanks, -- Knute Johnson s/knute/nospam/ On 3/13/2011 10:59 PM, Knute Johnson wrote: > I've got a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 desktop running and if I try to execute > a Java program by clicking on the icon in a Nautilus window, it can't > read local files. I think it must be starting from a different directory > or something. Anybody know what I've got set wrong? Sorry; no idea. Easy enough to test your hypothesis about working directory, though: Just run a tiny program that prints the value of System.getProperty("user.dir"). Better still, call System.getProperties() and print all key/value pairs; something illuminating might show up. When you say "can't read," what exactly do you mean? If you get an IOException, what does the exception tell you? Or do you get "everything's fine, but the file has zero length?" Or do you list all the files in a directory and get an empty list? What? -- Eric Sosman esosman@ieee-dot-org.invalid In article <_vffp.1518$uN1.1236@newsfe04.iad>, Knute Johnson <nospam@knutejohnson.com> wrote: > I've got a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 desktop running and if I try to > execute ...

XML-RPC
Hello, I am getting an error "XML-RPC - java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.Date" when I call the "XmlRpcClient" execute method. I believe the underlying classes are having trouble parsing the result from the time.xmlrpc.com/RPC2:80 XML-RPC service. I apologize that I could not navigate the Apache bug reporting and search system. I hope someone can recognize what is up with this. Thank you in advance for any help, Michael import java.util.Vector; import java.util.Hashtable; import org.apache.xmlrpc.*; public class GetTime { private final static String serv...

Automate program execution problem (Runtime.exec("java" + " Hello.java");
I want to automate the program compilation and execution. I used Runtime.exec("javac" +" Hello.java"); for compilation the program compiled successfully. in the next liine i gave Runtime.exec("java" + "Hello"); This statement dosen't performs execution. Anybody knows tell me the solution for this problem By Seenu Maybe something simple like Hello's byte code is not within searched directories of invoked java executable. What's the error? Where is your code? Opalinski opalpa@gmail.com http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/ There is no ...

Automate program execution problem (Runtime.exec("java" + " Hello.java"); #2
I want to automate the program compilation and execution. I used Runtime.exec("javac" +" Hello.java"); for compilation the program compiled successfully. in the next liine i gave Runtime.exec("java" + "Hello"); This statement dosen't performs execution. Anybody knows tell me the solution for this problem By Seenu ...

Problem with executing commands on MATLAB command window
Hi, When I open MATLAB 7.1 and issue a command "simulink" on MATLAB command window, it opens the Simulink Library. But, when I use Reflection from .NET and try to issue same command it gives error: "Warning: Function c:\\program files\\matlab71\\bin\\win32\\simulink.dll has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.\n> In slcustomize at 30\n In simulinkrc at 35\nMex file entry point is missing. Please check the (case-sensitive) \nspelling of mexFunction (for C MEX-files), or the (case-insensitive) \nsp...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

execute java app from within java
Hi, Is there another way of launching a java program, from within another java program, than using: Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = r.exec("c:/javac/bin/java -classpath c:\\Michael Sample"); What I want to do is to check if I have infocenter ( part of Eclipse) running if not then I need to fire up eclipse's infocenter using command (this is from a shell script): java -classpath $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.help.base_3.2.0.v20060601.jar org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter -command $1 -port $INFOCENTER_PORT -eclipsehome $ECLIPSE_HOME -noexec -data $data -host `hostname` cheers, //mikael Petterson Mikael schrieb: > Hi, > > Is there another way of launching a java program, from within another > java program, than using: > > Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime(); > Process p = r.exec("c:/javac/bin/java -classpath c:\\Michael Sample"); If it's on the classpath, just call (maybe in a separate Thread?) Sample.main(new String[0]); If it is not, use your own class loader to load the class from "C:\Michael" and then call main(), possibly using reflection. Note that when both programs are running in the same JVM they may of course interfere by accessing static methods and fields etc. (Don't know about Eclipse, though, but that doesn't seem to be relevant here.) Cheers, Simon ...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Knowing the full path of the java executable/binary executing the current java program
Hello,i need to get the full path of the JRE running my program. I thought i could get the java executable path, but how ?1/ String.class.getClassLoader() returns null....last/ sun specific : the System property "sun.boot.library.path"Any better way plz ? Kaiser S. wrote: ... >i need to get the full path of the JRE running my program. Why? What are you trying to achieve? >Any better way plz ? Spelling words like 'please' fully, is generally considered a better way to get people to read and reply to posts, around here. -- Andrew Thompson http://www.athompson.info...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

how to execute commands from java
hi, i m trying to execute a CVS command from a java environment. i m writing this code to create a user. for this i m executing this cvs command "cmd /c cvs passwd -r <username> -a <new-username>" after executing this cmd the command prompt will prompt for a pasword and then after entring the password i have to retype the password for confirmation. the existing code execcutes the command but i don t know how to read the prompt for password. <code> import java.io.*; import java.lang.*; public class first { public static void main(String[] args) { try { Process p = R...

How do we execute this command through java?
db2 -t -v -f/home.../filename >output_file-name I have a java stored procedure..which has to run the above command...not sure how i can run this command through java.. any suggestions are appreciated.. technocrat wrote: > db2 -t -v -f/home.../filename >output_file-name > > I have a java stored procedure..which has to run the above > command...not sure how i can run this command through java.. > any suggestions are appreciated.. System.getRuntime().exec("..."); -- Knut Stolze DB2 Information Integration Development IBM German...

Problem of Java, Help!
Hi, Recently, when I use 'BERTOOL', which is function with Communication tool from Matlab, an error, as in the following, popups. What's wrong in my PC? Perhaps my child download something which interferes with the Java environment of Matlab. Even I reinstall matlab, the problem is still there. I cannot understand "com.mathworks.toolbox.comm.BERTool" . >From the syntax of import, this is a Java class, I suppose. I have read about Java in apiext.pdf, but I cannot understand which file this class is in. Which manual talks about this? "bertool.m" is a file i...

Web resources about - problem executing a command with JAVA under windows... - comp.lang.java.help

Self-executing rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The self-executing rule , also known as " deem and pass ", is procedural measure used by the U.S. House of Representatives to approve legislation. ...

'What use will executing us be?': Bali Nine member Myuran Sukumaran speaks out after bid for clemency ...
Myuran Sukumaran is one step closer to the firing squad after the Indonesian president rejected his clemency bid.

Parramatta shooting: police leave empty-handed after executing search warrant at mosque
Police executed a search warrant at a Parramatta mosque overnight as part of their investigations into the fatal shooting on Friday of a civilian ...

US states having trouble executing their citizens
Despite a Supreme Court ruling allowing a controversial drug to be used for lethal injections in Oklahoma, death-penalty states are finding it ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing 'Russian spies'
Islamic State releases video that purports to show a young boy executing two men accused of working for Russian intelligence.

Purported video shows ISIS executing Syrian soldiers in Palmyra
The Islamic State group posted a video online on Saturday showing Islamic State fighters killing some 25 Syrian government soldiers in the historic ...

New iOS security exploit lets apps read users’ information by executing unsigned code
Security expert Charlie Miller has found a flaw in code signing on iOS devices (via Forbes) that allows developers to sneak malware apps onto ...

Law Journal Apologizes For Article About Executing Law Professors, Professor Resigns
Insane law review article prompts professor's resignation... but how did he get hired in the first place?