Running java client/server application in JBoss (Application Server)

Hi,
Can anyone help me how to run an client/server java application in a
application server like JBoss? (sorry, I don't know what is the
correct term for this)
The scenario: I have to connect to an ISO8583 server, and the server
require me to send login, echo periodically, in other words, the
session is maintained (let's call it ISOThread).
I would like to have something like message-driven bean, that will
receive a request, and send to this ISOThread to process the request.
I can not figure it out, where should this ISOThread live ? in which
container ?

Better explanation:
1. A Client send a Request to MyMessageBean
2. MyMessageBean.onMessage implementation, call
ISOThread.ProcessMessage
3. ISOThread send the transaction to ISO server.

In this case ISOThread need to be always alive, and prepared to be
called by MyMessageBean, what should I do, so the ISOThread keep
alive ?
Thank you.

Regards,
Ferry