windows sound problem with java

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any way that java can manipulate the sound volume
in windows, ive searched on the sun java forums and as of yet havent come up
with anything helpful.

Im writing a program for my mobile phone that will interact with another
java prog on my computer through bluetooth, im gunna use it as a remote to
turn up the volume, skip tracks, etc. on the computer.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig

0
capresti (2)

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120) Thanks in advance, Ganesh Majji ganesh.m@gmail.com wrote: > I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I > don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help > me. Unfortunately my crystal bowl stays dark because you didn't mentioned your operating system and which DB2 version you're using. For Windows, *nix and OS/2 please ensure that your application is using the db2java.zip from SQLLIB\java. Check if there are multiple db2jdbc.dll on your system, remove any extra db2jdbc.dll files on the system. Ensure that you can connect to DB2 with the DB2 workstation tools from your machine. sorry for not mentioning the system details. Operation System is SunOS (Solaris) and DB2 SDK 8.2.2 Thank you very much for the kind response, Ganesh Bernd Hohmann wrote: > ganesh.m@gmail...

Help me, problem with java.lang.reflect.Field
Hi, I have a class like this class A{ public String abc; } And i got another class use class A { A a = new A(); Field[] fields = a.getClass().getDeclaredFields(); } The problem is that i can got the name of class A's fields but i cant got the actual object to deal with. Because i dont know the name of the class A's field, so i cant use a.a = "asd". I want to set value for class A dynamically, Please help me, thanks On 25 Jan 2007 00:36:42 -0800, Nicky wrote: > The problem is that i can got the name of class A's fields but i > cant got the actual object to deal ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > Error occurred during initialization of VM > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object It's missing or can't find rt.jar, right? How does the Solaris version find it's runtime files? Can you show us where rt.jar is? On Aug 20, 6:24=A0pm, Mark Space <marksp...@sbc.global.net> wrote: > TsanChung wrote: > > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > > commands: > > # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - > > # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx > > > # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version > > Error occurred during initialization of VM > > java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object > > It'...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

java sound problem
Hi Folks, I'm having a problem. My SourceDataLine does not send a STOP event when it finishes. My ugly hack is the following (see the while(true) cycle in Player.run()): public class SourceDatalineSoundPlayer implements LineListener, SoundFilePlayerInterface { private Player player = null; private AudioInputStream ais = null; private AudioFormat audioFormat = null; private DataLine.Info info = null; private SourceDataLine line = null; private String filename; private NavigationControl navCtrl = null; private class Player implements Runnable { Thread thread = null; public void s...

Java Sound problem
I have some problems with the java sound package i would like to get from a wav sound file the frequency of the samples. piece by piece but i can not find a method called getFrequency() or something like that. also i would like to know how i can pinpoint a sample in a wav file within a java program. thanks for now, Johan Hessing. ...

Java Sound Problems
I am having a problem with sound in my program, it takes information from a TargetDataLine, put's it in a temporary file, then takes it back out of the temporary file and plays it using a SourceDataLine. currently, it does not play back. andrewjj20 the play method: class Player implements Runnable { public Player() { } public void run() { try { int bufferSize = (int)(format.getFrameSize()*rate*1); byte[] bytes = new byte[(int)bufferSize/12]; lineOut.open(format,bufferSize); stopS = false; recording = false; playing = true; if (debug) { print("playing"); } ...

Problem of Java, Help!
Hi, Recently, when I use 'BERTOOL', which is function with Communication tool from Matlab, an error, as in the following, popups. What's wrong in my PC? Perhaps my child download something which interferes with the Java environment of Matlab. Even I reinstall matlab, the problem is still there. I cannot understand "com.mathworks.toolbox.comm.BERTool" . >From the syntax of import, this is a Java class, I suppose. I have read about Java in apiext.pdf, but I cannot understand which file this class is in. Which manual talks about this? "bertool.m" is a file i...

Java Sound Problem
Hi NG, I am currently heavy under development of a tool that has to cope with wave files. My problem right now is that these files might come in in any wave format, but as I only need a very granular view on it, I want to stripe it down to PCM, 8000hz, 8bit, mono. My problem is: i have to use the JDK 1.4.2 and am not allowed to use any other provided packages like e.g. the announced ones on jsresources. http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4916960 Has anybody a good hint on how to manage this? My idea of the day was using the SourceDataLine and TargetDataLin...

HELP
Hello, I'm facing the following problem: I've two classes named Plaatje and DiaShow (see below) I want to display the Image plaatje in the method run (which is in the class DiaShow) but it's not working although the path is correct. What's the problem. Can someone help me ? Thanks in advance. Patrick import java.io.*; import java.awt.*; public class Plaatje extends Canvas { protected Image plaatje; protected MediaTracker tracker; public Plaatje(File bestand) throws IOException try { String bestandsnaam = bestand.getCanonicalPath...

Help in Java Sound!!!
Hi, When i executed the following code snippet i get the exception "java.io.IOException: mark/reset not supported". This exception happens when we execute the line "AudioInputStream stream = AudioSystem.getAudioInputStream(instream);" Code Snippet: try{ URL url = new URL("http://localhost/MattTest0628.au"); URLConnection connection = url.openConnection(); connection.setRequestProperty("Range", "bytes=0-8124"); connection.connect(); InputStream instream = connection.getInputStream(); AudioInputStream stream = AudioSystem.getAudioInputStream(instream); }catch(MalformedURLException e){ System.out.println("MalformedURLException"); }catch(IOException e){ System.out.println("IOException" + e); } catch(UnsupportedAudioFileException e){ System.out.println("UnsupportedAudioFileException"); } Have u ever faced the "java.io.IOException: mark/reset not supported" exception?? Can u suggest a solution for this.? Is there any links related to the above snippet?? Kindly Help -Sundar > Have u ever faced the "java.io.IOException: mark/reset not supported" > exception?? This is the code in the InputStream.java ->8<- public synchronized void reset() throws IOException { throw new IOException("mark/reset not supported"); } ->8<- Try writing the file to local disk, and then reading it in a BufferedInputStre...

Help debugging Java code with Java 1.3.1_01 Java HotSpot Client VM (jvm.dll)
Hi everybody, I am seeking help in my attempt to configure proper debugging functionality for my classes with an application on a win32 platform that uses Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (JRE 1.3.1_01 - jvm.dll). For those of you that may actually know this application, it is Matlab. For those not familiar, it is an executable that links jvm.dll. I have a number of Java IDEs (Sun ONE Studio, JBuilder, NetBeans) and I would appreciate help in setting up at least one of them to be able to debug my classes. Does anybody have an idea where to start? I think I have figured out a way to pass...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Web resources about - windows sound problem with java - comp.lang.java.help

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 Mobile Update: Multiple evidences indicate March 2016 arrival
Microsoft has consistently delayed the arrival of the Windows 10 Mobile update since December 2015, but fresh information indicate that the update ...

Microsoft was right about Surface! Detachable tablet sales set to explode thanks to Windows
When Microsoft released the first Surface tablets, many consumers including me were dubious. Windows on a tablet was not ideal, and it made lap-typing ...

Windows 10 release cadence in flux as Microsoft tries to figure out suitable tempo
Microsoft is still struggling to figure out the best cadence for Windows 10 updates, a process that may result in fewer updates annually than ...

Microsoft app logs you into Windows 10 using your phone
Windows 10 already does a lot to spare you from typing in your password, but Microsoft wants to take that text-free login one step further. The ...

New IE11 update may sneak Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ options into security patch
Microsoft released a patch for Internet Explorer 11 that blends security updates with a push towards Windows 10, at least in theory but while ...

Windows patch KB 3139929: When a security update is not a security update
Microsoft buried a Get Windows 10 ad generator inside this month's Internet Explorer security patch for Windows 7 and 8.1

No Crash Zone is a brilliant pixelated “renovation” of a window to help protect urban birds
... you know that the leading cause of bird mortality in urban areas is collision with glass ? No Crash Zone is a temporary “renovation” of a window ...