Highlighting select field while focusing on a text box

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way with onload that I can highlight (blue
color) the select box field while simultaneously placing the mouse cursor or
focus on a text box immediately below it?  Thanks in advance.

-Stu

0
Stuart
1/1/2004 4:11:05 PM
comp.lang.java.javascript 378 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Can JavaScript select text in a text-field?
Hi, I would like to have a text-field (in html form) with a selected text. In other words, it user loads the form, he/she can see a text in the text field (this text should explain what should be put in the text field). It is convenient to have a selected text, so that it user start to write something in the text filed the selected text will be immediately deleted. Thank you in advance for any help. On 2009-01-20 02:07, Kurda Yon wrote: > I would like to have a text-field (in html form) with a selected text. You can use fieldElement.focus() and fieldElement.select(). - Conrad ...

How to highlight all the Text for a Text field when getting focus by a mouse click?
I followed the direction in the HELP and tried several other things. But can not get it to work properly. 1. From the Window Formatter, RIGHT-CLICK the control and choose Alert from the popup menu. 2. From the Alert Keys dialog, press the Add button. 3. From the Input Key dialog, CLICK on Left Button in the Mouse group. 4. Press OK twice to return to the Window Formatter. 5. From the Window Formatter, RIGHT-CLICK the control and choose Embeds from the popup menu. 6. Add the following code to the EVENT:AlertKey embed point for the control: IF KEYCODE() = MouseLeft SELECT(?,LEN(?{PROP:Screen...

current selected text to highlighted text on mouse up event through java script
hi everybody, I want to convert the current selected text to highlighted text i.e. to yellow background on mouse up event on pdf form through java script. pls help me out. Thanks in advance regards Tanmay ...

trying to disable a text input field when a particular select list option is selected in a select field but this code has no effect

Select box with a text input field
Is it possible to create a select box where one of the options is a text input field? Larry.Martell@gmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to create a select box where one of the options is a > text input field? There is no "combobox" native in HTML. To get similar functionality requires a INPUT field and a SELECT paired with JavaScript. The usual caveats regarding relying on JavaScript for functionality: <http://www.google.com/search?q=HTML%20combox%20box%20script> -- Take care, Jonathan ------------------- LITTLE WORKS STUDIO http://www.LittleWorksS...

Select box with a text input field
Is it possible to create a select box that also has an input field? That is, something where a user can either select a value from the list or type a custom value. I've been googling this, but everything I've found is 2 separate fields: a select box and a text input field next to or below it. "Larry.Martell@gmail.com" <larry.martell@gmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to create a select box that also has an input field? >That is, something where a user can either select a value from the >list or type a custom value. I've been googling this, but everything &...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to hi...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks...

Highlight Editable Text Field Upon Selection
Hello all, I was curious if anyone knew how set up an editable text field in such a way that whenever it was selected it would automatically highlight any text that was present in the field so that the user could simply begin typing in the new info. I attempted to use the 'ButtonDownFcn' to highlight the text whenever the user selected the field. However, this callback only works when the user clicked within a few pixels of the field but not when the user actually clicked inside the text field. If you have any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks Hey, M...

Highlighting part of the text in a text box
Hi all, I've been struggling with this for days. How can I use javascript to high light a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea? OR if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what character the highlight starts and at what character the highlight ends). thanks in advance. Aria wrote: > if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, > how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what > character the highlight starts and at what character the hig...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Visual C++ , to highlight/mark text in an Edit Box at focus
Hello! Does anyone know how to mark all the text/numbers in an Edit Box-field when you click in it (when the field gets focus) in Visual C++? It's easy in VB where code it's something like this: Private Sub Text1_GotFocus(Index As Integer) ActiveControl.SelStart = 0 ActiveControl.SelLength = Len(ActiveControl.Text) End Sub I want to do the same thing in Visual C++ with an unsigned int Text Box-field, or Text Box-field with double, CString etc. Is it possible? I hope someone here can help me. Thanks, Daniel. hagel666 wrote: > Does anyone know how to mark all the text/numb...

Web resources about - Highlighting select field while focusing on a text box - comp.lang.java.javascript

File:Map of Florida highlighting Franklin County.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

RBA's subtle highlighting of capital gains tax, not negative gearing, over housing
There's a subtle difference between the RBA's submission to a government housing inquiry and the opening statement by its head of financial stability, ...

Apple shares new “If it’s not an iPhone, it’s not an iPhone” ad highlighting Apple Pay
... AAPL Company continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple shares new “If it’s not an iPhone, it’s not an iPhone” ad highlighting ...

Highlighting The Scope Of Legal Issues That Can Arise In A Media Company’s Digital Operations
What legal issues should a broadcaster be concerned about when expanding its use of digital media?

Spotify Launches ‘Year in Music’ Highlighting 2015 Listening Habits
... In addition, the site allows users to create a Year in Music card for their stats, which can be shared on social media. Outside of highlighting ...

Highlighting the Best Rookie vs. Vet Battles in NFL Training Camps
The NFL is nothing at all like the workplace normal everyday people know, and that's a good thing. Imagine a strange world in which each spring ...

The student who lost his Facebook internship after highlighting a huge privacy flaw says it was an 'incredible ...
Harvard student Aran Khanna was due to work as an intern at Facebook this summer. However, after he highlighted a massive privacy issue in the ...

Blue-letter Bible highlighting OT passages about Jesus is top seller
A Bible with Old Testament passages relating to Jesus marked in blue is the top selling specialty Bible in North America.

Heartbreaking image of drowned toddler goes viral, highlighting severity of ...
Fox News Heartbreaking image of drowned toddler goes viral, highlighting severity of ... Fox News Sept. 2, 2015: Refugees and migrants sit ...

Highlighting notable changes for Patriots since '14 meetings with Colts
ESPN (blog) Highlighting notable changes for Patriots since '14 meetings with Colts ESPN (blog) But Arrington was released in the offseason ...