Conversion of text box as list box

I shud giv som character/char's in the textbox

1.depend upon the key press it wil go n cal som jsp 2 get the
data(result set hav more than one line data)----from database here i
hav one doubt tht shal v cal jsp in key event functions....i'm not
getting....it......if anybody hav it plz fwd it.k.
2.After generate this jsp we wil get the data that i shud put into
dropdown list.For tht how shud i convert textbox as dropdown list after
generate the jsp...here i'm getting mainly 2 probs  a) how shud i
convert textbox as dropdown
          b) on the sam page n in the sam place i shud put tht dropdown
list ...
          c)How can v refresh the sam page?
I need this one urgently.....i need the requirement lik this...is it
possible..if yes...how cud i approach it? If No,any alternate 2 get it?
Plz ...help me...4 this

comp.lang.java.programmer 52711 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Neelu wrote:
> I shud giv som character/char's in the textbox
>
> 1.depend upon the key press it wil go n cal som jsp 2 get the
> data(result set hav more than one line data)----from database here i
> hav one doubt tht shal v cal jsp in key event functions....i'm not
> getting....it......if anybody hav it plz fwd it.k.
> 2.After generate this jsp we wil get the data that i shud put into
> dropdown list.For tht how shud i convert textbox as dropdown list after
> generate the jsp...here i'm getting mainly 2 probs  a) how shud i
> convert textbox as dropdown
>           b) on the sam page n in the sam place i shud put tht dropdown
> list ...
>           c)How can v refresh the sam page?
> I need this one urgently.....i need the requirement lik this...is it
> possible..if yes...how cud i approach it? If No,any alternate 2 get it?
> Plz ...help me...4 this

Yuk. Y R U txtin ur msgs?
0
tbr8059 (152)

Text Box to List Box
Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have written a very detailed script to perform this task. The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a bandaid rather than re-write the process. The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty into a list box. You can do this however many times you need to, with the list box adding a new record each time. My script reads the listbox an...

Working with list box and text boxes
I am a novice to visual c++. I created a text box, a list box and a button. What am trying to do is to make the information I typed in the text box appear in the list box when I click on the button. I try to do it like you would in visual basic 6, but it is not working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, am running a dialog application. Victor Kareem > I am a novice to visual c++. I think you will find MSDN, or a Microsoft group, more helpful (wrt Windows Gui's) than a C++ group. ...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks...

Auto-Fill text box from list box
To All: There is a list box populated with text (ie.names of places). A user makes a selection by scrolling through and double-clicking in the list box. This selection is then shown in a text box. How can I eliminate the user's need to scroll through the list box and double-clicking the selections? Is there a way of automatically filling the text box with matches from the list box as the user is typing in the text box? There seems to be no direct autofill property based on user input at runtime. All help appreciated. Z "Zuzka" <zuzkamiernik@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

list box in form? how do I get it to text box
Hi, I made a query to a table and then based a lookup filed on that query. Now when I refresh the table I do not get the relationship error - you can't delete table cause relationship is present - instead the table gets refreshed and the query holds the relationship with other tables. Problem As far as I know this works fine.If there is a better simpler way please advise. Also, the query is used as a list box in other tables now to look up a list of names sorted ascending. When I use this query lookup in form the form displays this as a list box - I'd prefer it was not and just a single text box - how is this done? Thanks in advance ...

Multi Select List Box options to text boxes
I was wondering if anyone had a code example for sending the multi-selected choices in a list box to a test box Private Sub Command2_Click() Dim strTemp As String, varItem As Variant For Each varItem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected strTemp = strTemp & ";" & Me.List0.ItemData(varItem) Next strTemp = Right(strTemp, Len(strTemp) - 1) Debug.Print strTemp End Sub This will loop through the selected items in listbox List0, add their values to the variable strTemp divided by semicolons then removes the leading semicolon and prints the results to the debug window. -- Wayne Morgan M...

Input text boxes, check boxes, and radio boxes

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the pa...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain condi...

Combo Box and text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? "Mike" <hhey2@lycos.com> writes: > I have a combo box and a text box. Browsers don't have combo boxes. Is it a select element and an input element? Or is it not a browser you are talking about? > Text to be display will...

Combo Box to List Box
I have a combo box that gets it's values from a table. For example: ID Name 1 Book 2 Magazine 3 Novel I have a list box that displays a list of records. When the user adds the record a want the list box to be updated with the values from my fields including the combo box. The problem is, the value of the combo box (depending on the selection) is 1, 2, or 3 and that is what is displayed in the list box. I know it is an easy problem, but how do I get the list box to display 'Book' instead of 1. The default property .Value of the ComboBox is .Column(0) To refer to an...

combo box with Text box
I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this for Acrobat 4.0? I put the following code in the text box object: var a = get thisField("combobox") If (a==1) { event.value = "Test1" } if (a==2) { event.value = "Test2" } What I am doing wrong? ...

users type the product number in a text box, the list box shows the right product name, how to do it?
Hi there! There is a unbound text box and a list box (product_name) in the form, users input a product number, the listbox shows the right product name.Is it possible? How to do it? Thank you for any ideas and suggestion. Paul from Bratislava, Slovakia Use the AfterUpdate event procedure of the text box to set the Value of the listbox. If you do not know how to use DLookup() to get the product_name from your table, see: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/casu-07.html Of course, you could just use a combo - that's kind of a combination of text box and list box in one, an...

limiting values in a list box that is based on another list box
I currently have three list boxes on my form, the information on each one is determined on what was selected on the one before it. The problem I'm having is the information that is used is pulled from another program and is duplicated a lot. Example Type Make Model Car Ford Mustang Car Ford Focus Car Dodge Neon Truck Ford Ranger Truck Ford F-150 In the first list box it would allow you to pick from Car or Truck, ...

Populate 2nd list box from 1st list box choice
I have 1st list box from table Grain 2nd list box from related table Varieties, related by GrainID At the moment Grain listbox is on its own form and Variety listbox is on subform in Grain form. Variety form has all the costing records related to it in another subform. (3 deep) This all works for except that all the records in Variety are shown. By seleting Grain and then select Variety i get the correct results in the Costs subform. What i would like to do is only show records in Variety listbox that relate to the choice made in Grain listbox 2 things is it possible to have the 2 listboxe...

Max Amount of columns in a List Box or Virtual List Box
Hi! Somebody knows what is the limit of columns in a List Box or Virtual List Box (if isn't the same). Thanks!! -- Pachu <sorry my limited english> ...

populate text box when user enters data in another text box
hi, I'm very new to Access and have been searching newsgroups for a few days but can't find exactly what I need. I want to be able to do the following: * user enters patient's hospital number * after pressing enter, a function fires that looks up the patient name & surname corresponding to the hospital number just entered (in the "patients" table) * if the hospital number exists in the patients table then name & surname are filled in in two read-only text boxes * if the hospital number does not exist in the patients table then user is prompted to enter details for...

Text box linked to combo box
Good day, I am new to Access and need a question answered please. I have a form based on a table (tblQualityEmployees), for some of the fields it looks up a value in another table (tblGroups). The tblQualityEmployees consists of the following: EmployeeID FirstName LastName Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 Group5 The tblGroups consists of the following: GroupID Groups Description What i want to do is, in the form have text box that displays the Group description next to each group. I tried making the "Control Source" field Group1 combo. This brings in the relevant ID number which is...

Check box and text box disable
I have a text box and a check box, by default the page should load and the text box be disabled..I want it so that when you click the check box the text box diabled = false...but, when you uncheck the check box I want the disabled to = true again..heres what I have so far <input type="checkbox" name="chxrequest" onclick="javascript:enableField()" value="ON" style="float: "left" > <script language="javascript"> function enableField() { if (chxrequest.checked)= true { document.frmcallreport.txtrequest.disabled= ...

value in list box or combo box
i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty there are no records in it . On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. &...

Displaying text boxes from a check box
I want to make visible two or more text boxes once a user has ticked a checkbox. I know javascript will come in here, but am a newbie. However, I want to maintain the variables and move them back to PHP for updating in the relevant tables. Can anyone please give me ideas. On Mar 7, 9:53 am, chima...@googlemail.com wrote: > I want to make visible two or more text boxes once a user has ticked > a checkbox. I know javascript will come in here, but am a newbie. > However, I want to maintain the variables and move them back to PHP > for updating in the relevant tables. Can anyone ple...

Combo box fills text box
Hello again, I have a form that fills a text box with data according to the selection in the combo box. Two questions please: 1) The combo box does not have a control source so when opening the form, the combo box is empty but the text box already contains the first record. What do I need to do to either have both the combo box and text box empty on open or have both contain the first record on open. (If it takes VBA code, please point me in the right direction as I have not worked with it since '99). 2) I'm getting a runtime error 3077 on one of the records. I checked it to see i...

Web resources about - Conversion of text box as list box - comp.lang.java.programmer

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Emphasis Shifts to Conversions Over Clicks for Facebook Advertisers in Q4 2015
... with the lowest eCPC among all ad types and high CTRs. The opposite was true for link ads , however, due to advertisers’ emphasis on conversions ...

Ex-gay conversion therapists flee US, find home in Israel
Ex-gay conversion “therapy” is in retreat throughout much of the United States. Not only is momentum building to ban it on a state -by- state ...

First Solar Achieves New Conversion Efficiency World Record For CdTe Solar PV Cells
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new conversion efficiency world record for cadmium-telluride solar photovoltaic cells ...

Andrew Cuomo announces regulations to prevent gay 'conversion therapy' - CNNPolitics.com
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Saturday announced regulations to prevent "conversion therapy," a practice aimed at changing an individual's sexual ...

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Pay At The Pump Mobile App Could Eliminate Need For Costly EMV Conversions At Gas Stations
Gas stations and convenience stores have until Oct. 1, 2017 to replace mag swipe card readers with EMV or face the liability for fraud. A Finnish ...

TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam
TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam

Uttar Pradesh: Bajrang Dal activists ‘tonsure, parade man for conversion bid’
Police have registered two FIRs in connection with the incident, and arrested five Bajrang Dal workers and the barber who tonsured the man’s ...

Amazing DIY van conversion even boasts a wood-burning stove and chimney
Read the rest of Amazing DIY van conversion even boasts a wood-burning stove and chimney