Desktop icon with Java Web Start

I am trying to find any reliable information, wether or not Java WebStart icons can create desktop icons on other systems than Windows.Specifically, I'd been interested in Linux and Mac OSX. I have a JNLPfile, which creates the icons on Windows, but not on Linux (at leastnot Knoppix 5.1.1). In fact, the javaws program immediately removesthe shortcut tag from the JNLP file. But I could not find anydocuments on this behavior.Maybe someone knows, where this is documented, or how I could enforcean icon on Linux?
0
mga010 (30)
3/12/2007 1:04:29 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52698 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mar 13, 12:04 am, "Rene Grothmann" <mga...@gmx.de> wrote:> I am trying to find any reliable information, wether or not Java Web> Start icons can create desktop icons on other systems than Windows.> Specifically, I'd been interested in Linux and Mac OSX.I recall a thread on the Sun JNLP forum where it wasmentioned that no shortcuts were (expected to be) createdon some *nix systems, but cannot recall the details.OTOH - the chances are best if you stick to the limitedtypes/colors mentioned in the JNLP Spec. and other docs.Andrew T.
0
Andrew