Falling back to an earlier version if ant

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.

I use ant.

Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
on my machine)?

An explicit example of either would be just great!

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
0
Reply aaronfude (214) 3/16/2009 7:16:31 PM

See related articles to this posting

Aaron Fude wrote:
> I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.
>
> I use ant.
>
> Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
> Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
> on my machine)?
>
> An explicit example of either would be just great!

Usually the source and target attributes are sufficient.

But if not then you can use the executable attribute (together
with fork="yes" !).

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html

has it all.

Arne
0
Reply arne6 (9807) 3/17/2009 1:25:33 AM

Aaron Fude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.
>
> I use ant.
>
> Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
> Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
> on my machine)?

-source, -target and -bootclasspath

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javac/index.html>

--
Lew
0

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:16:31 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude
<aaronfude@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html#MULTIPLE

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"America ships tons of sugar cookies to Denmark, and Denmark ships tons of sugar cookies to America. Wouldn�t it be more efficient just to swap recipes?"
~ Michael Pollan
0
Reply see_website (5878) 3/17/2009 3:14:37 AM
comp.lang.java.programmer 51948 articles. 38 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Reverting back to earlier NetBackup version following an unsuccessful upgrade
I'm currently trying to plan an upgrade from NBU Data Center 4.5MP4 to NBU Enterprise Server 5.0MP2 on Solaris8 and have some concerns over planning the strategy to roll back to 4.5 if required. Our installation is split over several servers and utilises many of the additional agents and features of NBU so it is far from a straight forward upgrade. The 5.0 upgrade instructions are lacking much information in terms of what to do if problems are encountered during the upgrade and a roll back to the earlier version is required. There is mention of backing up the NBU databases and catalogs...

Differance between PL/I version 3.2 and earlier versions.
I have observed a different result of the following statements from the version 3.2 compiler compared to our earlier version: DCL 1 REC, 3 F1 CHAR (5), 3 GRP (165), 5 F2 CHAR (193); DCL A DEC FIXED(15) INIT(0); DCL B DEC FIXED(15) INIT(30000); A = DIVIDE(B,STG(GRP(1)),5,0); PUT SKIP LIST(A, STG(GRP(1))); A = ROUND(DIVIDE(B,STG(GRP(1)),15,0) - 0.5,0); PUT SKIP LIST(A, STG(GRP(1))); giving the result -101 193 155 193 The earlier compiler gave the same and correct result from both the DIVIDE statements. Can anybody explain to...

Excel: Two Versions Installed, How To Instantiate Earlier Version?
My developer box now has Excel 11 and 12 installed on it. The users, however, have only Excel 11 and the Access app they are using is predicated on 11. But when I'm trying to test on the developer box, I keep getting 12 when I instantiate Excel via the code shown below. The Question: Is there any way to force the code to select Excel 11 instead of defaulting to the highest version? Something with CreateObject? .... or maybe a different call? =============================================================== Public Function Excel_Start(ByRef theSS As Excel.Application) As Boolean 3000 Deb...

Earlier Version
Hi There, Just wondering if anyone knows how to check if an earlier version (3.0) has ever been registered or not. I'm thinking of buying 3.0 from a friend but he doesn't know if was registered or not. Thanks, CR In article <BD885424.217E4%crichard@rgsgraphics.ca>, crichard@rgsgraphics.ca says... > >Hi There, > >Just wondering if anyone knows how to check if an earlier version (3.0) has >ever been registered or not. I'm thinking of buying 3.0 from a friend but he >doesn't know if was registered or not. > >Thanks, CR Other than an install and ...

Re: Differance between PL/I version 3.2 and earlier versions
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn=20Solbr=E5?= <bjs@privat.vps.no>, BaneTele Public Access Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 07:07:23 GMT .. \ I have observed a different result of the following statements from the \ version 3.2 compiler compared to our earlier version: \ \ DCL \ 1 REC, \ 3 F1 CHAR (5), \ 3 GRP (165), \ 5 F2 CHAR (193); \ DCL A DEC FIXED(15) INIT(0); \ DCL B DEC FIXED(15) INIT(30000); \ A = DIVIDE(B,STG(GRP(1)),5,0); \ PUT SKIP LIST(A, STG(GRP(1))); \ A = ROUND(DIVIDE(B,STG(GRP(1)),15,0) - 0.5,0); .. What does this do? DIVIDE here produces an integer result. Why subtract 0.5 a...

Earlier version?!
Hi there... Since my new Eudora 6.1 keeps crashing on me I have lost my patience! Where do I download the version just before this one? I'll wait with this version untill Eudora has fixed this untested version. Thank you in advance.. -- Palle Jensen For kontakt via E-mail: Skift "invalid" ud med "dk" For contact via E-mail: Change "invalid" to "dk" In article <Xns94C3DD3AB1325Chewbacca@62.243.74.163>, Palle Jensen <palle.jensen@tiscali.invalid> wrote: > Since my new Eudora 6.1 keeps crashing on me I have l...

Anyone have an earlier version of "Paint Shop" than version 1.5?
Just curious. Uni ...

Anyone have an earlier version of "Paint Shop" than version 1.5?
Just curious. Uni ...

Virex version 2.3 (Virex Init version 2.1) or earlier
I'm looking for a version of the anti-viral software "Virex" for the Macintosh, version 2.3 (particularly the INIT, version 2.1) or earlier, which were released prior to February 1990. Would anyone out there have a version of this software, or perhaps be able to suggest places to look for it? Thanks for the help. Sincerely, Wendy Alia WendyAlia@Hotmail.com ...

Installing earlier versions
Is there any way to install an earlier version on an Ultra 25? We have a test system that came with Solaris 10 06/06 pre-installed. The remainder of our development environment is either Solaris 8 02/04 or solaris 10 03/05. I need to be able to jumpstart either of these versions at will, but both fail with read errors on kernel/sparcv9/unix. Attempting to boot off of the appropriate CD's also fails with the same errors. Thanks. Dan -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com dbr517 <dbr517@earthlink.net> writes: >Is there any way to install an earli...

Wireless Fall Back
I've got a small home network which consists of wired and wireless sections. The range is very eratic on my wireless section and nowhere near what the manufacturers suggest is possible (in ideal conditions). I live in a 1930s brick built bungalow so there is no special insulation causing problems. My Netgear PC card appears to work OK with my Netgear 54mbps Access Point but I appear to be getting about 30 feet only out of a new Linksys 11mbps USB adapter. This is a moveable device with an aerial so I was actually expecting it to be better than the Netgear PC card. Anyone any ideas how ...

time falls back
hi, the time on my linux server falls back by lets say a minute a day. is there any thing I can do to fix it. I thought of getting the time once everyday from a timeserver, but I don't want to do that. Aragorn! begin On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:21:54 -0400, Aragorn wrote: > hi, > > the time on my linux server falls back by lets say a minute a day. is > there any thing I can do to fix it. I thought of getting the time once > everyday from a timeserver, but I don't want to do that. Why not? It's simple, easy and one of the best ways to insure your server's time...

New ant version
I posted this earlier bit it did not show up. Ant 1.8.4 is out. http://ant.apache.org/index.html -- Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com I would be quite surprised if the NSA (National Security Agency) did not have a computer program to scan bits of shredded documents and electronically put them back together like a giant jigsaw puzzle. This suggests you cannot just shred, you must also burn. .. On Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:29:27 PM UTC-7, Roedy Green wrote: > I posted this earlier bit it did not show up. Yes, it did. > Ant 1.8.4 is out. > http://ant.apach...

Ant version detection
Hello, this is the first time I am dealing with the Postgres source. Therefore, I am hoping this is the right place to propose a patch. The patch is to be applied to the current CVS source. This is it: Index: configure =================================================================== RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/configure,v retrieving revision 1.306 diff -r1.306 configure 3190c3190 < if "$ANT" -version | sed q | egrep -v ' 1\.[5-9]| [2-9]\.' >/dev/null ; then --- > if "$ANT" -version | egrep '^Apache Ant version...

[gem] uninstalling earlier versions
Hello! I'd like to know if there is any gentle way to uninstall all gems excepted the latest versions and their depencency. Thanks in advance -- Lionel Thiry Personal website: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/ On 4/21/05, Lionel Thiry <lthiryidontwantspam@skynetnospam.be> wrote: > Hello! > Hi! > I'd like to know if there is any gentle way to uninstall all gems excepted the > latest versions and their depencency. > > Thanks in advance > $ gem cleanup You'll need a fairly recent version of RubyGems. This was added within the past couple of months...

saving SW2007 to earlier versions?
Is there any file that a new SW 2007 file can be saved and brought up in SW 2005 or other earlier year? DXF,STEP, etc. STEP, IGS, etc are all dumb solids so they can be opened by an older swx version, as well as other cad packages. Dumb solids means you can't access the features that created the solid. hth bill "billyb" <bhorn1@voyager.net> wrote in message news:1171675335.408997.298240@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Is there any file that a new SW 2007 file can be saved and brought up > in SW 2005 or other earlier year? DXF,STEP, etc. > "bill a...

CS Upgrade from earlier versions
I've been thinking about upgrading from version 6 to version 8 (CS Photoshop - not the all singing all dancing variation). However I can only see one upgrade option on any sites and am wondering if the upgrade works with ANY previous version, or whether it's version 7 specific. I tried searching through Adobe's site but came up empty. Can someone clear this up for me? Ver. 6 will qualify you for an upgrade to Photoshop CS Cheers NoWhereMan, So the upgrade just adds on to your current package no matter which version you had? Seems a little more kindly than I would expect......

Micro focus earlier version
I need older version of cobol micro focus version older than the one in www.microfocus.com because the one there is .net . Please I needs micro focus compilers older than that . Where can I find it ? www.microfocus.com has multiple products INCLUDING one for "normal" (not .NET) Windows. -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "happy" <ehab_aziz2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1114869018.854343.309630@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I need older version of cobol micro focus version older than the one in > www.microfocus.com because the one the...

runing GUI in earlier versions
hi i create GUI with GUIDE in Matlab 7.0 the GUI does not have a panel or a button group. i want run GUI in Matlab 6.5 then Select Export from the File menu & create the GUI M-file with _export appended. this file can't run the 6.5 and 7.0 have too many error what can i do to solve this problem ? ...

Reverting to Earlier Version in iMovie
I'm not sure whether this is a system-specific or application-specific question, which is why I am posting to both newsgroups. The Mac OS usually makes it easy to revert to an earlier version of a saved file. For example, in Pages the File Menu has a "Revert To" choice. However, some programs are different. In iMovie there is not even a Save in the File menu; iMovie takes care of saving your work for you. And also, there is no Revert To in the File Menu list (or anywhere else, as far as I can tell). Presumably iMovie saves the current state of things whene...

How to downgrade to an earlier version of QuickTime?
The subject covers the basics... The details: SOMETHING got broken in a newer version of QuickTime, making it impossible to compile anything that links to QuickTime on a pre MacOS X 10.4 machine. I'm working on a 10.3.9 system. The QuickTime library goes looking for a function named "HIPointConvert()", claiming that it expects Carbon to supply it. All attempts to work around this have failed - including trying to "roll my own" dummy version of the routine so that I can at least get a link to happen. No go - QuickTime/the Linker doesn't acknowledge that the ...

Download earlier versions of Bootcamp?
The latest version of Bootcamp is 1.4b. Is there a place to download earlier versions of Bootcamp (specifically 1.1.1 or 1.2)? Alternatively, is there a place to download just "Install Macintosh Drivers for XP.exe"? ...

Compiling for earlier versions of JVM
Is it possible to compile 1.5.0 sources, but ask the compiler to throw out anything which won't run on anything later than, say, a 1.2.0 JVM? For example, even though generics require the 1.5.0 compiler, they don't need the 1.5.0 JVM, since the compiler generates the appropriate casts which work on earlier JVMs (I think :). Cheers, Paul Hi Paul, well in some cases it's possible. Try to compile your code with "javac -target 1.2". The other way: if you don't use any 1.5.0 or 1.4.0 api in your code, compile it with jdk1.3.0. This version of java generates code, t...