Falling back to an earlier version if ant

Hi,

I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.

I use ant.

Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
on my machine)?

An explicit example of either would be just great!

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
0
aaronfude (214)
3/16/2009 7:16:31 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52272 articles. 40 followers. Post Follow

Aaron Fude wrote:
> I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.
>
> I use ant.
>
> Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
> Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
> on my machine)?
>
> An explicit example of either would be just great!

Usually the source and target attributes are sufficient.

But if not then you can use the executable attribute (together
with fork="yes" !).

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html

has it all.

Arne
0
arne6 (9807)
3/17/2009 1:25:33 AM
Aaron Fude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 1.6.0_12 and I need to compile my code to run with 1.5.0.17.
>
> I use ant.
>
> Is there a way to tell javac to fall back to an earlier version?
> Alternatively, can I just tell ant with javac to use (if I have both
> on my machine)?

-source, -target and -bootclasspath

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javac/index.html>

--
Lew
0

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html#MULTIPLE

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"America ships tons of sugar cookies to Denmark, and Denmark ships tons of sugar cookies to America. Wouldn�t it be more efficient just to swap recipes?"
~ Michael Pollan
0
see_website (5877)

Re: going back to the moon (Wirt) #3
One edit to perform on the Foxnews article. File this under the heading "It doesn't matter what you say, so long as you spell the name right." The astronaut quizzed about the new U.S. space policy is named "ALAN BEAN" Not "ALAN BEAM" -----Original Message----- From: Denys Beauchemin [mailto:denysnospamwanted@houston.rr.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:19 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] going back to the moon (Wirt) Apollo 18 is on its side at the Johnson Space Center here in Houston. It is quite impressive. ...

Oracle client version and oracle developer 6.0
Hi All If you have 2 oracle products installed in the same folder, say you have oracle 733 client and oracle client 8.0.5 on the same machine, installed into the same folder and at the same time you have Forms6.0 installed. How can you tell what client the Forms 6 is using to connect to the db if your db is 9i? Also how can you change forms to use a particular client to connect to the db? Thanks Mike On 13 Feb 2004 21:53:11 GMT, malomo0220@aol.com (MAlomo0220) wrote: >Hi All > >If you have 2 oracle products installed in the same folder, say you have oracle >73...

back-end being opened in exclusive mode... how?
I have encountered a problem that I am hoping someone can shed some light on. I have a multi-user A97 app. All users have a personal front-end MDE accessing a shared back-end. There is no specific MDW file for the app as security rules are housed within the app itself. On a couple of occasions, different users have launched the app only to have the back-end opened in exclusive mode, preventing others from being able to run the app. The absence of an LDB file precludes the use of LDBViewer to ascertain which user has the back-end locked. Once the user in question had been identified and exi...

doubt about ant colony optimization(ACO)
Iam working on softcomputing techniques in power systems. Presently iam trying to apply ACO to power systems, but iam very confusing to aplly ACO to polynomial problems. can anybody please tell how to implement ACO to optimize f(x1,x2)=X1square+ X2square please it will be helpful to my project ...

[I]Falling in love
OK, this is kind of philosophical, and has probably been done many times before, but how would *you* describe falling in love? Lister wrote: > OK, this is kind of philosophical, and has probably been done many > times before, but how would *you* describe falling in love? I'd describe it as "off topic." -- (O)enone "Lister" <fache@SPAMclara.net> nap�sal > OK, this is kind of philosophical, and has probably been done many > times before, but how would *you* describe falling in love? I would describe it as you are adult and meet your further h...

force java version
is there a way to require a certain java version (or better) on the users machine? "tiewknvc9" <aotemp@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1142955717.910269.141520@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > is there a way to require a certain java version (or better) on the > users machine? > You could politely ask the user to ensure that they have a certain version of Java on the download page, or shrink wrap packaging of your software, and offer to download and/or install the latest version for them. You could have your program detect the Java version and refuse to ...

Tiny Personal Firewall
I am running XP and want a firewall. A long time ago I tried Zone Alarm but it used too many system resiurces and it was very messy to uninstall properly. Then I tried Sygate Pro. That seemed very nice but I got a lot of trouble with not being able to connect to the net after booting up. Now I want to try another firewall. I have come across Tiny Personal Firewall. I installed the free version 2.0.14. I this the latest free version? Is theer anything important in the chargeable version 5.0 of TPF which the free version does not have? Piotr Makley wrote: > I am running XP and...

I'm Back and Here is an Update
Hi Mac Warriors, I'm back for a while, I won't be doing program support but I will be monitoring the newsgroups and keeping you all informed and listen to your complaints and expectations. We hit a bit of a glitch in the open sourcing of PowerPlant and I plan to work with some third parties to resolve this. It is more time consuming that I had expected and we had never don a BSD typle of opensource License. I'm trying to get a status if we can meet the September deadline. There are some problems with some of the 64 bit components. We are gettng close t...

[News} Bill Gate$ Tells Kidz: I Want My Money Back
http://tinyurl.com/?2342324343 AP -- Tehran Bill Gates has been visiting countries in the Third World asking for his Foundation donations back...bitter that his Vista OS is a flop. Spokesman said "Gates only gave them the money to get them to imprint on Windows...they took the money and have been using Linux ever since...bastards!" "John A. Bailo" <jabailo@texeme.com> wrote in message news:UKOdnXz92J6GaiPYnZ2dnUVZ_tvinZ2d@speakeasy.net... > > http://tinyurl.com/?2342324343 > That link just takes me to tinyurl home page..... ...

reverting back
If I follow a link from Mail to the web Safari opens at the selected page and I can read the page. When I want to go back to Mail I find the back arrow greyed out and the only way back is to close Safari and to re-open Mail. Is there any way of going back to Mail without doing this? Peter In article <594607117394093340.158969address_is-invalid.invalid@News.Individual.NET>, <address_is@invalid.invalid> wrote: > If I follow a link from Mail to the web Safari opens at the selected page > and I can read the page. When I want to go back to Mail I find the back &g...

Why did steve Jobs split from Apple back then
In article <dw0Qf.93$Tu1.16@fe12.lga>, "Homey1" <Nospam@nospam.com> wrote: What's the point in asking, just make something up as usual. Homey1 wrote: > He went into rehab to deal with his nasty cocaine habit. In article <dw0Qf.93$Tu1.16@fe12.lga>, "Homey1" <Nospam@nospam.com> wrote: Because there were too many people like you around. Seriously, he was fired by the very same Pepsi Cola salesman (John Scully) he hired to be the President of Apple. -- George Graves The health of our society is a direct result of the men and wom...

Ant, DocBook, XSLT and JDK 1.5
Hello all, I'm creating my documentation with ant (XSLT task) and docbook. So far everything was working fine, but now I decided I'd like to switch from JDK 1.4.2 to JDK 1.5 Apparently the XSLT/XML support in JDK 1.5 has changed dramatically, XSLT stuff that worked before does not work any longer (experienced that before with a web application that uses XSLT). This change affects the Ant xslt task as well, and I can't get it to process the docbook chunk.xsl anymore. It stops with the error: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Translet class 'chunke...

Just come back to the Amiga. Should i get a mediator? #2
Hi group After a long absence from the Amiga I have made the decision to get back in to it. I now own all Macs but I have just bought an A1200 on eBay. I have also purchased an IDE splitter and the free tower from Eyetech. I plan on putting the A1200 in the tower, adding a CD-ROM and hard drive, and an accelerator (probably an Apollo 060). I also want to add network functionality and a better graphics card. When I had my old A1200 (RIP) I had some weird add-on ISA bus which went between the A1200 and the Apollo card, and then an ISA graphics card connected to that. Is it worth get...

FAQ: comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc miniFAQ (short version) #192
FAQ FOR NEWSGROUPS: COMP.LANG.PASCAL.DELPHI.MISC, ALT.COMP.LANG.BORLAND-DELPHI Version: 2006-09-16 First maintainer: Esther Michaels Current maintainer: Maarten Wiltink (Evil miniFAQ Boss) Posting schedule: Short version every Sunday, full version every first of the month Copyright 2001-2006 the current maintainer, all rights reserved except the right to re-distribute the current document. Even better: give out the URL. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Latest version: http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ...

Tiny screws fall off
The tiny screws that hold a MacBook Air easily come loose and fall off. Fixit sells only complete sets for 50 dollars. Has anyone found inexpensive replacement screws? R In article <0020c316-9456-49c5-a391-e8d03baa99aa@i25g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Ron <ronearnest@gmail.com> wrote: > The tiny screws that hold a MacBook Air easily come loose and fall > off. Fixit sells only complete sets for 50 dollars. Has anyone found > inexpensive replacement screws? take it to an apple store. since it's so minor they might fix it for free. if not, they might know ...

Simply running a build file using the ant api
I'm a bit confused about using the ant api. All i want to do is select a build file, the directory it must operate on, and the target that it must operate. I'd also like to get a list of targets so the user can select one. So far everything i read requires me to set up various properties etc. Very confusing. Anyone got any ideas? I am constructing an ant build file GUI, and i wish to have the function to run a build file. this is why i need to have an api or something to use within the gui. My idea is to have a dialog where the user selects build file, target to run and then...

File::Spec version 0.08 required--this is only version 0.87
Lo all: Getting this weird error: File::Spec version 0.08 required--this is only version 0.87 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/File/Temp.pm line 129. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/File/Temp.pm line 129. Compilation failed in require at ../l2_proc.pl line 6. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ../l2_proc.pl line 6. 0.87 is > 0.08 so what is the problem? Brock [xband@rs4 xband]$ uname -a Linux rs4.oscarcluster 2.6.9-1.6_FC2 #1 Thu Nov 18 22:03:19 EST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux [xband@rs4 xband]$ perl -v This is perl, v5.8.3 built for i386-linux-thread-multi ...

Basic backing up
Hi, I have a Windows XP computer with an 80GB hard drive. The documents and other files that I need to backup take about 20GB. I can't remember if that's compressed or uncompressed - I just tend to zip or .tar.gz them up. If possible I'd like to have at least my documents automatically mirrored during the day onto (at least) one external hard drive. If the cost isn't too prohibitive, perhaps the whole 80GB hard drive could be mirrored. Preferably, I'd also like to be able to do incremental backups during weekdays (i.e. backup only those files that changed &q...

Micoshaft falling apart
Micoshaft falling apart ----------------------- Its amazing how micoshaft compared to this time last year is just falling apart with layoffs and Linux taking chunks like 11 million netbooks out of its market with Open Office and Firefox gone mainstream and taking sales there. Linux netbook sales have gone mainstream (i.e. >7%) in many countries. This means government agencies and big corporations can recommend Linux as a supported platform to its developers and support departments because there is money to be made selling to mainstream platform and to the converted. There is a good reas...

The Eiffel Compiler tecomp version 0.17 has been released
New features: Manifest arrays a: ARRAY[INTEGER] ... a := <<1, 2, 3, 4, 5>> Initialized attributes class C feature a: ARRAY[INTEGER] attribute create Result.make (1,100) end end "twin" added as synonym for "cloned" Notes added note author: "Micky Mouse" release: 100 class C feature ... end http://tecomp.sourceforge.net http://www.sourceforget.net/projects/tecomp ...

When I delete a virus from the registry, it comes right back??? WHAT GIVES???
I have "Spyware Doctor", and it found 3 files from the registry. They are called "Look2Me", "VX2.aBetterInternet", and "2nd-thought.com". All three of them are in the same folder in the registry. I am not to familiar with registry, but I am familiar enough to know how to delete stuff that doesn't belong and my "Spyware Doctor" tells me exactly where to find it. I also have "Freedom" anti-spyware software. Both of them find these files, but only the "Spyware Doctor" quarintines them and deletes them. The problem is,...

Re: OT: Back to space? #8
At 08:22 AM 1/9/2004, Michael Berkowitz wrote: >Shawn Gordon writes > >-----Original Message----- >From: Shawn Gordon [mailto:shawn@thekompany.com] >Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 7:56 AM >To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU >Subject: Re: OT: Back to space? > > >My friend Dennis Powell is the one that wrote and broke this story, he >actually told me about it back in September and the dates they had been >considering for announcing it were the anniversary of Kittyhawk, the >state >of the union and the anniversary of the last shuttle disaster, but t...

WTB: Lightscape 2.0 (IRIX) or any other IRIX compatible version
Hi, I am looking for a copy of Lightscape 1.2, 2.0 or higher for IRIX. If anyone has this please let me know what you would want for it. Thanks, Louis louis@grip-reality.com please do not cross-post on the usenet, especially here within the SGI groups; it attracts spam-bots..! sorry about that Louis "exsanguination" <exsanguination@toilingflesh.com> wrote in message news:0lisgvk1p6iq0lj84sghanrjg47n4lr0l4@4ax.com... > please do not cross-post on the usenet, especially here within the SGI > groups; it attracts spam-bots..! ...

iPhone Falls Behind in Popularity
So it is with the iPhone, so it will be with the iPad, as it was with the Mac, almost gone. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-iphone-google-android-webos-windows-phone-7-smartphone,news-10977.html Android now owns 50% of the smartphone market among recent smartphone buyers, according to Nielsen. Apple iOS is at 25%. Gee, Android hasn't even been around long at all. On May 3, 4:28=A0pm, "zara" <zarasp...@heddon.com> wrote: > So it is with the iPhone, so it will be with the iPad, as it was with the > Mac, almost gone. > > http://www.tomsgui...

Unprotected PCs Fall To Hacker Bots In Just Four MinutesUnprotected PCs Fall To Hacker Bots In Just Four MinutesUnprotected PCs Fall To Hacker Bots In Just Four Minutes
http://www.techweb.com/article/printableArticleSrc.jhtml?articleID=54201306 EXCERPTS: "The lifespan of a poorly protected PC connected to the Internet is a mere four minutes, research released Tuesday claimed. After that, it's owned by a hacker. In the two-week test, marketing-communications firm AvanteGarde deployed half a dozen systems in "honeypot" style, using default security settings. It then analyzed the machines' performance by tallying the attacks, counting the number of compromises, and timing how long it took an attack to successfully hijack a computer once...