Hi! I'm new here!

0
bigorange (1)
8/29/2012 3:39:05 PM
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 07:57:07 -0700 (PDT), BigOrange
<altramagnus@hotmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
who said :

>Hi! I'm new here!

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsgroups.html
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light,
but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
~ Max Planck 1858-04-23 1947-10-04

0
see_website (5876)

hello world programme
i compiled the "hello world" programme from K&R2: #include<stdio.h> int main() { printf("hello world\n"); } now i compiled it using: /gcc hello.c/ eveything went fine and programme ran. when i compiled using: -------------------------------------------------- [arnuld@arch programming]$ gcc -ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wextra hello.c hello.c: In function 'main': hello.c:6: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [arnuld@arch programming]$ ------------------------------------------------- this time programme runs too but what does that "...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCell(BasicTableUI.java:2114) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCells(BasicTableUI.java:2016) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paint(BasicTableUI.java:1812) at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:161) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:778) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1054) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5221) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1482) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1413) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1206) at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5169) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4980) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:770) at javax.swing.RepaintM...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Java newbie can't "Hello world" on Windows
I typed in the first example program from Java in a Nutshell and installed the Java SDK from Sun's website on my WinXP system. The code complies cleanly, but when I run it I get: C:\home\java> java Factorial.class 4 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Factorial/class It looks to me like the code clearly defines the class. Do I need to put the files in a particular location? I've got the .java and .class file in my current working directory. Factorial.java: public class Factorial { public static void main(String[] args) { int input = Integer.parseInt(args[0]); double result = factorial(input); System.out.println(result); } public static double factorial(int x) { if (x < 0) return 0.0; double fact = 0.0; while (x > 1) { fact = fact * x; x = x - 1; } return fact; } } Here's the Java version info: java version "1.4.2_03" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_03-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_03-b02, mixed mode) Richard Anderson Richard Anderson wrote: > I typed in the first example program from Java in a Nutshell and > installed the Java SDK from Sun's website on my WinXP system. The > code complies cleanly, but when I run it I get: > > C:\home\java> java Factorial.class 4 > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: > Factorial/class > try this: C:\h...

'Hello world' servlet with Sun Java System Application Server
Hi.I'm trying to create a simple "Hello World" servlet to be served withSun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8.2.I installed it ok on Linux:/opt/SUNWappserver/http://localhost:8080 works finehttp://localhost:4848 works fineBut I'm not able to fin the way to serve my 'HelloWorld' servlet:-------import java.io.*;import javax.servlet.http.*;import javax.servlet.*;public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet { public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws ServletException, IOException { PrintWriter o...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

Certified Java Programmer (Sun Java 2)
I'm very interested in Java, and I would very much like to work with Java as a professional programmer. I have a degree as an electronics engineer (from 1996), but unfortunately, I can't get a job as a programmer with this diploma, because it is to old, and courses in modern OOP are missing. What should I do to get a Certificate as a Java (2) programmer? -I've heard that Sun Microsystems have examination as "Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer" and "Sun Certified Java 2 Developer". I think, that I could study Java 2 at home with my own computer (With Suns Java 2 S...

Java Management Extensions (or, SNMP in Java World)
Hello. Can JMX help me in my simple management application, that manage network devices (namely routers of WAN), in case of devices don't provide Java and JMX support? Is JMX for such purposes(managing SNMP nodes) at all, or I'm in wrong way? If JMX is not appropriate solution, then what SNMP implementations exist for Java? Which community could advice me? Thanks. Hi, Alexander Kolosov wrote: >Can JMX help me in my simple management application, that manage >network devices (namely routers of WAN), in case of devices don't >provide Java and JMX ...

How do java programmers cope with java missing c++ const?

How to define java.lang.Object using java IDL
Hi all, I have a function like: boolean method(java.lang.Object param). How can I define this using java IDL? In another words, I need to pass an instance of java.lang.Object from Client to Server using CORBA. Is this possible? I would be nice simply to typecast the Object at Server-side into whatever needed. How about without typecasts, is this possible in any way, for example using a helper function like: java.lang.Object anyToJavaLangObject(Any value) Code examples ?!? Thanks in advance Juha Rossi ...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path
Hello i got following exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path My source code looks like the examples of the Notes homepage. import lotus.domino.*; public class Main extends NotesThread{ public static void main(String argv[]){ System.err.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path")); // System.load("C:/Programme/lotus/notes/lsxbe.dll"); Main t = new Main(); t.start(); } public void runNotes(){ try{ Session s = NotesFactory.createSession("localhost&qu...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Hi, Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT. Thanks Maneesh org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518) at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23) at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache...

Hello Moto...hello?...hello?
Hope this isn't OT but I'm looking for help with syncing a Motorola V3 RAZR bluetooth cell phone with my 10.3.8 Mac - and although it is advertised as Mac-compatible, the Phone Tools CD that came with it is Windows-only. Does anyone know if I can still use iSync with this 'phone to sync contacts? I'm assuming that I can anyway connect it via USB and drag stuff in manually but it would be a bit of a let-down if I can't sync automatically. I spoke to Motorola and they said that Apple knew of a way to make their Phone Tools software install under OsX. But the Apple bod I spo...

Hello World
Hello There I have a problem. I'm a beginner and try to get the following program working. It has an exception. Can you tell me? public class Hello{ public static void main (String args[]){ System.println("hello world"); } } Thanks and greez! System.out.println("hello world"); "Fritz Kaufmann" <kawuma@bluemail.ch> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1c16556a.0401160553.5c81d3d9@posting.google.com... > Hello There > > I have a problem. I'm a beginner and try to > get the following program working. It has > a...

java programmers
Hi Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area? <tuurbo46@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1138119342.576786.5720@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area? > Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation. Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on speculation. Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible cause. -- LTP :) On Tue...

hello world
test ...

Hello world
Hi Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page What are the basic instructions? Thank you, Samuel What did you do? Did you install php? for testing a good php script could be an info.php <? phpinfo(); ?> Put it in your wwwroot and do somthing like http://localhost/info.php Good luck. Samuel Shulman wrote: > Hi > > Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page > > What are the basic instructions? > > Thank you, > Samuel > > *** Samuel Shulman escribi�/wrote (Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:08:30 GMT): > Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page > > What are the basic instructions? http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor con rayos UVA: http://www.demogracia.com -- Thanks Finally works, Samuel "Alvaro G. Vicario" <webmaster@NOSPAMdemogracia.com> wrote in message news:13mzbpsrqct7z$.1odn93qpyq0ae.dlg@40tude.net... > *** Samuel Shulman escribi�/wrote (Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:08:30 GMT): >> Running IIS I simply can't run a basic php page >> >> What are the basic instructions? > > http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php > http://es.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php > > > -- > -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burg...

Hello World
I just want to make a simple Hello World style app, to be my first app ever. Is there a good tutorial you know of for making someone's very first app? Sunshine skrev den 2015-03-07 19:53: > I just want to make a simple Hello World style app, to be > my first app ever. > > Is there a good tutorial you know of for making someone's > very first app? > I made one with Android Studio from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html I had to set the environment variable for jdk and set for which Android version I was developing. Good luck. Inge Svensso...

Web resources about - Hello World! - comp.lang.java.programmer

World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
World is a common name for the whole of human civilization , specifically human experience , history , or the human condition in general, worldwide ...

CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Billing and OSS World: A telecom billing systems and OSS magazine
Billing and OSS World Magazine is written and edited for telecommunications managers , engineers and professionals cio cto

IoT Evolution World
The Evolution of the IoT and how it is transforming everything

IT World Canada Information Technology news on products, services and issues for CIOs, IT managers and ...
IT World Canada offers news and information services to help technology professionals succeed in the Canadian market. Find news, reviews and ...

Riehl World News - Riehl news for real people
Riehl news for real people Welcome to a new and hopefully improved look for my RiehlWorldView blog. Don’t let the template, an early New York ...

PC World Magazine New Zealand
Technology news and reviews for business and home. New Zealand producer, scriptwriter and animator Lewis Roscoe aims to produce the “world’s ...

‘World’s biggest Apple Store’ opens in award-winning shopping mall on Saturday
The title of the world’s largest Apple Store has moved around the world a few times, but the location Apple announced four years ago as its biggest ...