Help, Help, Help

As you can probably gather im in need of help.  I started a basic JAVA
course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject.

The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use.  We are
using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the
Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the
course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is
supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without
having to worry about the input/output.

Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the
JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as
when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error
occurs when i compile the program:

bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class
class file contains wrong class: avi.Window

Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.

 Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72);
        ^
1 error

Process completed.

We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory
and set the classpath to it.  The other problem is the book tells you how to
set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but
im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path.

Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but
cant until i configure the IDE.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanx.

0
msne09824 (2)
10/4/2003 1:19:33 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52714 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Buster wrote:

> As you can probably gather im in need of help.

As you obviously do not know, cross-posting to eight unrelated newsgroups is
a sure way to annoy Usenet regulars. These eight newsgroups are not the
same newsgroup:

comp.compilers.tools.javacc
comp.lang.java.help
comp.lang.java.machine
comp.lang.java.misc
comp.lang.java.programmer
comp.lang.java.setup
comp.lang.java.softwaretools
comp.lang.java.tech

They cover different topics and each has a separate reason for existing.

Choose ONE of the newsgroups. Make ONE post. Await a reply.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

0
nospam248 (2592)
10/4/2003 4:05:36 PM
"Buster" <msne09824@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MNzfb.2139$xx2.510@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> As you can probably gather im in need of help.  I started a basic JAVA
> course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject.
>
> The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use.  We are
> using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the
> Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the
> course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is
> supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without
> having to worry about the input/output.
>
> Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the
> JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as
> when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error
> occurs when i compile the program:
>
> bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class
> class file contains wrong class: avi.Window
>
> Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
> classpath.
>
>  Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72);
>         ^
> 1 error
>
> Process completed.
>

> We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory
> and set the classpath to it.  The other problem is the book tells you how to
> set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but
> im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path.
>
> Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but
> cant until i configure the IDE.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Thanx.

Make sure the name of your java class is the same as the file name,
i.e. Window.java should contain the line: public class Window{...

As far as class path goes, it has always been a nightmare for people
just starting java. From the command line enter:
echo %classpath%
to get the classpath. In it should be the avi io classes needed for
your hello world. If not, to append directories containing the needed
classes, type
set classpath=%classpath%;<dir>;<dir>;dir;...
If neither of these are the issue try to include some more
information, such as current classpath, code snippets, etc.
Good luck.
Buster wrote:
> when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error
> occurs when i compile the program:
>
> bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class
> class file contains wrong class: avi.Window
>
> Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
> classpath.
>
>  Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72);
>         ^
> 1 error
>
> Process completed.

   Move Window.class from C:\JavaClasses\Window.class to
C:\JavaClasses\avi\Window.class and you won't get this particular
message. You will probably get a similar messages

class file contains wrong class: avi.XXXXXX

about classes other than Window, and moving XXXXXX.class from
C:\JavaClasses\XXXXXX.class to C:\JavaClasses\avi\XXXXXX.class should
work for those other classes, too.

--Mike Amling

0
Michael
10/4/2003 6:53:01 PM
Try and ensure that the source if provided is not also int the
classpath. This may Conflict class resolution as if it finds the
source first and tries to compiles it in the wrong context(package
spec), you could end up in the situation mentioned.

slipperydan5@yahoo.com (Dan W) wrote in message news:<f9294793.0310040942.2603f5cf@posting.google.com>...
> "Buster" <msne09824@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MNzfb.2139$xx2.510@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> > As you can probably gather im in need of help.  I started a basic JAVA
> > course a week ago as it seems like a very interesting subject.
> >
> > The problem in having is with the IDE we have been asked to use.  We are
> > using JCreator, but in order for it to work, we are required to install the
> > Java software development kit and a class library which comes with the
> > course book called avi with is a audio visual interface library which is
> > supposed to make it easier for us to learn the fundimentals of JAVA without
> > having to worry about the input/output.
> >
> > Anyways, I have installed the JAVA SDK from SUN website and instaled the
> > JCreator IDE but it seems to have a problem finding the avi class library as
> > when i run a basic "Hello World" program as a test, the following error
> > occurs when i compile the program:
> >
> > bad class file: C:\JavaClasses\Window.class
> > class file contains wrong class: avi.Window
> >
> > Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
> > classpath.
> >
> >  Window screen = new Window("example1.java","bold","red",72);
> >         ^
> > 1 error
> >
> > Process completed.
> >

> > We where told to create a directory called JavaClass on the root directory
> > and set the classpath to it.  The other problem is the book tells you how to
> > set the classpath for the SDK and the avi class library for windows 98 but
> > im running XP so have kind of guessed on how to set the class path.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas as i'm itching to jump into programming in JAVA but
> > cant until i configure the IDE.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated
> >
> > Thanx.
>

> Make sure the name of your java class is the same as the file name,
> i.e. Window.java should contain the line: public class Window{...
>
> As far as class path goes, it has always been a nightmare for people
> just starting java. From the command line enter:
> echo %classpath%
> to get the classpath. In it should be the avi io classes needed for
> your hello world. If not, to append directories containing the needed
> classes, type
> set classpath=%classpath%;<dir>;<dir>;dir;...
> If neither of these are the issue try to include some more
> information, such as current classpath, code snippets, etc.
> Good luck.

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi! All, I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the basic concept behind. I got to make an online test(Exam) in asp which has a login (frm access database) panel. Can any one direct me to a free source so that I can simply pick the project and customize it. Thnaks in Advance Raj.Design In article <1112007306.454441.207430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, raj.design@gmail.com enlightened us with... > Hi! All, > I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the > basic concept behind. I got to make an online te...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

help help help
Sir, Am Avinash.T.J doing my btech AMRITA ...

help! help!! help!!! me
hello if x=linspace(1,100,n); p=linspace(100,80,n-1); how can I get A A=[ x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; x(2) 1 -x(2) -1 0 0 0 0...0 0; p(1) 0 -p(2) 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 x(3) 1 -x(3) -1 0 0...0 0; 0 0 p(2) 0 -p(3) 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 0 0 x(4) 1 -x(4) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 p(3) 0 -p(4) 0...0 0; ....................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0...x(i) 1 -x(i) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0...p(i-1) 0 -p(i-1) 0 ...0 0; ......................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0....x(n-1) 1 -x(n-1) -1; 0 0 0 0 0 0....p(n-2) 0 -p(n-1) 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0.... 0 0 p(n-1) 0; ] "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.c...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

Web resources about - Help, Help, Help - comp.lang.java.programmer

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

New SharePoint intranet platform helps Office 365 users collaborate
Intranets are increasingly common, even in smaller companies, allowing employees easy access to shared resources For Office 365 users wanting ...

​Calif. officials seek help for threatened clifftop homes
Apartment complex of about 20 units in Pacifica deemed unsafe as it teeters atop cliff above ocean

Why won't we help users create good passwords?
Sysadmin pilot fish at this bank gets a call from a veteran loan officer, who complains that he can't get signed on to the core banking system. ...

Gadget helps GoPro users create jaw-dropping panoramas
Sometimes a good idea can advance technology without an app or motherboard. Photographer Ruoguo Zhou proved that last year with a hunk of plastic ...

Speedo-Clad Michael Phelps Helps Distract Oregon State Free Throw Shooter
Michael Phelps, who has been training at Arizona State in advance of the upcoming Olympics, participated in the ASU student section’s Curtain ...

Enterprise demand for flash storage to pick up and help chip prices to drop, says NetApp executive
... of Product, Solution & Services Marketing, Lee Caswell believes the adoption of flash-based storage by large enterprises will increase, helping ...

Accenture Launches Digital Portal to Help Product Developers
Leveraging this portal, professionals can use analytics to anticipate problems, as well as develop insights and make better-informed decisions. ...

HELP FROM THE INSIDE? Jail teacher suspected of helping 3 inmates escape
HELP FROM THE INSIDE? Jail teacher suspected of helping 3 inmates escape