Help Help, I am intermediate in Java...need help in follow case

There is two java classes
second class is for execute ant file.

First Class does the most.
first create a plain class which accepts two java.io.File object in
constructor as input and output and a method which performs
replacement.
- the replacement must take into account the file ending of the input
file:
  + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/
* ... */"
  + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
"<!-- ...
-->"

has any body have an example class to do it?

Thanks a lot...if you can help...I create a class but is not
working...maybe I can post it here...
0
h.turhal (6)

ElementX wrote:
> There is two java classes
> second class is for execute ant file.
>
> First Class does the most.
> first create a plain class which accepts two java.io.File object in
> constructor as input and output and a method which performs
> replacement.
> - the replacement must take into account the file ending of the input
> file:
>   + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/
> * ... */"
>   + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
> "<!-- ...
> -->"
>
> has any body have an example class to do it?
>
> Thanks a lot...if you can help...I create a class but is not
> working...maybe I can post it here...

Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean by
"is not working".

--
RGB
On Oct 1, 12:42=A0pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> ElementX wrote:
> > There is two java classes
> > second class is for execute ant file.
>
> > First Class does the most.
> > first create a plain class which accepts two java.io.File object in
> > constructor as input and output and a method which performs
> > replacement.
> > - the replacement must take into account the file ending of the input
> > file:
> > =A0 + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/
> > * ... */"
> > =A0 + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
> > "<!-- ...
> > -->"
>
> > has any body have an example class to do it?
>
> > Thanks a lot...if you can help...I create a class but is not
> > working...maybe I can post it here...
>
> Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean by
> "is not working".
>
> --
> RGB
sorry, the code is creating in an another case, is not working in this
case, but
the main function is the same.
have to read a directory on the pc and remove the comments in the java
classes with
ant app...my question is how I can create java class, which can search
a directory for .java, .cpp, .c and .css file,
get file from directory,
save it in stack ,
and search in the file for comments,
remove the comments
and save the actual in an another folder without a comment ...thats
all...

If you can help it would be great...
0
h.turhal (6)
10/1/2008 10:55:05 AM
wrote:
> ElementX wrote:
> > There is two java classes
> > second class is for execute ant file.
>
> > First Class does the most.
> > first create a plain class which accepts two java.io.File object in
> > constructor as input and output and a method which performs
> > replacement.
> > - the replacement must take into account the file ending of the input
> > file:
> > =A0 + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/
> > * ... */"
> > =A0 + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
> > "<!-- ...
> > -->"
>
> > has any body have an example class to do it?
>
> > Thanks a lot...if you can help...I create a class but is not
> > working...maybe I can post it here...
>
> Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean by
> "is not working".
>
> --
> RGB

the following code was wrote for mappings in jar file...maybe can
help...
  public class RemoveHeader extends Task {

        private File toDir;

        private File mappingFile;

        private List<FileSet> filesets;

        private List<String> includes, excludes;

        private ClassMappings mappings;

        private String charset;

        /* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see org.apache.tools.ant.Task#init()
         */
        @Override
        public void init() throws BuildException {
            super.init();
            includes =3D new ArrayList<String>();
            excludes =3D new ArrayList<String>();
            filesets =3D new ArrayList<FileSet>();
            mappings =3D new ClassMappings();
        }

        /**
         * Defines the directory where to save the replaced files.
This is a
         * mandatory parameter.
         *
         * @param toDir the directory where to save files
         */
        public void setTodir(File toDir) {
            this.toDir =3D toDir;
        }

        /**
         * Defines the location of the mapping file generated by
ProGuard. This
         * is a mandatory parameter.
         *
         * @param mappingFile the file containing the class name
mappings
         */
        public void setMappingfile(File mappingFile) {
            this.mappingFile =3D mappingFile;
        }

        /**
         * Defines the configuration files to scan for class names and
to replace
         * the original class names with their mappings. XML files are
scanned for
         * elements having an attribute named &quot;class&quot;. These
classes will
         * be included in the list of classes to replace. Further
classes may be
         * added using the &lt;include&gt; directive of this task.
         * <p>
         * This parameter is mandatory.
         *
         * @param files the file set containing the files to scan
         */
        public void addConfiguredFileSet(FileSet files) {
            this.filesets.add(files);
        }

        /**
         * Adds a class name to exclude from the replacement process.
         *
         * @param name the <code>ClassNames</code> to exclude from the
replacement
         */
        public void addConfiguredExclude(ClassNames name) {

            excludes.addAll(Arrays.asList(name.getNames()));
        }

        /**
         * Adds a class name to include into the replacement process.
         *
         * @param name the <code>ClassNames</code> to include into the
replacement
         */
        public void addConfiguredInclude(ClassNames name) {

            includes.addAll(Arrays.asList(name.getNames()));
        }

        /**
         * Defines the character encoding used for reading and writing
files.
         *
         * @param charset a valid character encoding for the current
Java platform
         */
        public void setCharset(String charset) {
            this.charset =3D charset;
        }

        /* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see org.apache.tools.ant.Task#execute()
         */
        @Override

            /* Check input parameters. */
            if (filesets.isEmpty()) {
                throw new BuildException("No file set defined");
            }
            if (toDir =3D=3D null) {
                throw new BuildException("No destination directory
defined.");
            }
            if (mappingFile =3D=3D null) {
                throw new BuildException("No mapping file defined");
            }
            if (!toDir.exists()) {
                throw new BuildException("Destination directory \"" +
                        toDir.getAbsolutePath() + "\" does not
exist.");
            }
            if (!mappingFile.exists()) {
                throw new BuildException("Mapping file does not
exist");
            }
            mappings.reset();

            /* Search input files for classes to replace. */
            findClasses();

            /* Parse the ProGuard mappings file. */
            try {
                mappings.parseMappings(mappingFile);
            } catch (IOException ex) {
                throw new BuildException("Error parsing mappings file:
" +
                        mappingFile.getAbsolutePath(), ex);
            }

            /* Exclude the files that were requested to exclude. */
            for (String exclude : excludes) {
                if (mappings.removeClass(exclude)) {
                    log("Excluding \"" + exclude + "\" from replace",
Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
                } else {
                    log("Exclude class \"" + exclude + "\" not found
in the " +
                            "configuration files", Project.MSG_WARN);
                }
            }

            /* Add includes. */
            for (String include : includes) {
                mappings.addClass(include);
                log("Including \"" + include + "\" into replace",
Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
            }

            /* Perform the replacement and display results. */
            MappingResult result =3D replace();

            if (result.hasFailures()) {
                log("Failed to replace the following classes: " +
result.getFailures(),
                        Project.MSG_WARN);
            }
            log("Replaced " + result.getMappingsCount() + " mappings",
Project.MSG_INFO);
        }

        /**
         * Searches for classes to replace in the configured file
sets.
         */
        private void findClasses() throws BuildException {

            /* Loop through all file sets. */
            for (FileSet fileset : filesets) {

                DirectoryScanner scanner =3D
fileset.getDirectoryScanner();
                String[] files =3D scanner.getIncludedFiles();
                File base =3D scanner.getBasedir();

                for (int i =3D 0; i < files.length; i++) {

                    try {
                        File f =3D new File(base, files[i]);

                        if (!f.exists()) {
                            throw new BuildException("File " +
f.getAbsolutePath() + " not found");
                        }
                        log("Searching " + f.getAbsolutePath() + " for
class attributes", Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
                        mappings.findClasses(f);
                    } catch (IOException ex) {
                        throw new BuildException("I/O error parsing
file " + files[i], ex);
                    }
                }
            }
        }

        /**
         * Performs the replace on all files sets of this.
         */
        private MappingResult replace() {

            MappingResult result =3D new MappingResult();

            /* Loop through all file sets. */
            for (FileSet fileset : filesets) {

                DirectoryScanner scanner =3D
fileset.getDirectoryScanner();
                String[] files =3D scanner.getIncludedFiles();
                File src =3D scanner.getBasedir();

                for (int i =3D 0; i < files.length; i++) {

                    try {
                        File in =3D new File(src, files[i]);
                        File out =3D new File(toDir, files[i]);

                        if (!in.exists()) {
                            throw new BuildException("File " +
in.getAbsolutePath() + " not found");
                        }
                        if (!out.getParentFile().exists()) {
                            out.getParentFile().mkdirs();
                        }
                        log("Processing " + in.getAbsolutePath(),
Project.MSG_VERBOSE);
                        mappings.replaceClassNames(in, out, charset,
result);
                    } catch (IOException ex) {
                        throw new BuildException("I/O error replacing
file " + files[i], ex);
                    }
                }
            }

            return result;
        }
    }

}
0
h.turhal (6)
10/1/2008 10:58:44 AM
ElementX wrote:
> On Oct 1, 12:42 pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> wrote:
>> ElementX wrote:
>>> There is two java classes
>>> second class is for execute ant file.
>>> First Class does the most.
>>> first create a plain class which accepts two java.io.File object in
>>> constructor as input and output and a method which performs
>>> replacement.
>>> - the replacement must take into account the file ending of the input
>>> file:
>>>   + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/
>>> * ... */"
>>>   + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
>>> "<!-- ...
>>> -->"
>>> has any body have an example class to do it?
>>> Thanks a lot...if you can help...I create a class but is not
>>> working...maybe I can post it here...
>> Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean by
>> "is not working".
>>
>> --
>> RGB
>
> the following code was wrote for mappings in jar file...maybe can
> help...

[code omitted]

If you wrote that then you are skilled enough in Java that you don't
need my help.

If I were tackling the assignment you describe, I would not start with
the code you posted. I'd start from scratch.

Assuming you didn't in fact write the code you posted, you might find
Patricia's guide helpful:
http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html

I'd start with the requirement "first create a plain class which accepts
two java.io.File object in constructor as input". From this I'd write

     class ReplaceFirstComment {
         ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
             // TODO
         }
     }

Then I'd compile it and test it. I'd not move on until I was entirely
happy with the test results and had eliminated any compiler warnings.

Then I'd think about the next tiny change that I could make that I could
compile and test.

--
RGB
On Oct 1, 1:24=A0pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> ElementX wrote:
> > On Oct 1, 12:42 pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean =
by
> >> "is not working".
>
> >> --
> >> RGB
>
> > the following code was wrote for mappings in jar file...maybe can
> > help...
>
> [code omitted]
>
> If you wrote that then you are skilled enough in Java that you don't
> need my help.
>
> If I were tackling the assignment you describe, I would not start with
> the code you posted. I'd start from scratch.
>
> Assuming you didn't in fact write the code you posted, you might find
> Patricia's guide helpful:http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beg=
inner.html

> I'd start with the requirement "first create a plain class which accepts
> two java.io.File object in constructor as input". From this I'd write
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0class ReplaceFirstComment {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0// TODO
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> Then I'd compile it and test it. I'd not move on until I was entirely
> happy with the test results and had eliminated any compiler warnings.
>
> Then I'd think about the next tiny change that I could make that I could
> compile and test.
>
> --
> RGB

The code is not from me, it was send me as example...it was in the
project folder...as example...yes is not from myself...don't
know...who create it...you are right with your assume...
0
h.turhal (6)
10/1/2008 11:35:50 AM
wrote:
> ElementX wrote:
> > On Oct 1, 12:42 pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> Do post it here. It would help if you explain *exactly* what you mean =
by
> >> "is not working".
>
> >> --
> >> RGB
>
> > the following code was wrote for mappings in jar file...maybe can
> > help...
>
> [code omitted]
>
> If you wrote that then you are skilled enough in Java that you don't
> need my help.
>
> If I were tackling the assignment you describe, I would not start with
> the code you posted. I'd start from scratch.
>
> Assuming you didn't in fact write the code you posted, you might find
> Patricia's guide helpful:http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beg=
inner.html

> I'd start with the requirement "first create a plain class which accepts
> two java.io.File object in constructor as input". From this I'd write
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0class ReplaceFirstComment {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0// TODO
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0}
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> Then I'd compile it and test it. I'd not move on until I was entirely
> happy with the test results and had eliminated any compiler warnings.
>
> Then I'd think about the next tiny change that I could make that I could
> compile and test.
>
> --
> RGB

Do you have an idea...or an example file...which can help more
0
h.turhal (6)
10/1/2008 11:56:59 AM
ElementX wrote:
> On Oct 1, 1:24 pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
> wrote:
>> ElementX wrote:
>>> the following code was wrote for mappings in jar file...maybe can
>>> help...
>> [code omitted]
>>
>> If you wrote that then you are skilled enough in Java that you don't
>> need my help.
>>
>> If I were tackling the assignment you describe, I would not start with
>> the code you posted. I'd start from scratch.
>>
>> Assuming you didn't in fact write the code you posted, you might find
>> Patricia's guide helpful:http://home.earthlink.net/~patricia_shanahan/beginner.html
>>
>> I'd start with the requirement "first create a plain class which accepts
>> two java.io.File object in constructor as input". From this I'd write
>>
>>      class ReplaceFirstComment {
>>          ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
>>              // TODO
>>          }
>>      }
>>
>> Then I'd compile it and test it. I'd not move on until I was entirely
>> happy with the test results and had eliminated any compiler warnings.
>>
>> Then I'd think about the next tiny change that I could make that I could
>> compile and test.
>>
>> --
>> RGB
>
> Do you have an idea...or an example file...which can help more

My idea was you take my starting point (above) and build on it step by step.

Here's how I imagined proceeding ...

C:\temp>type ReplaceFirstComment.java
class ReplaceFirstComment {
     ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
         // TODO
     }
}

C:\temp>javac ReplaceFirstComment.java
ReplaceFirstComment.java:2: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class File
location: class ReplaceFirstComment
     ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
                         ^
ReplaceFirstComment.java:2: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class File
location: class ReplaceFirstComment
     ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
                                     ^
2 errors

OK so we need to fix those errors ...

C:\temp>type ReplaceFirstComment.java
import java.io.*;

class ReplaceFirstComment {
     ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
         // TODO
     }
}

C:\temp>javac ReplaceFirstComment.java
C:\temp>

It compiles, now to test it, it should do nothing, does it?

C:\temp>java ReplaceFirstComment.java
ReplaceFirstComment/java
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ReplaceFirstComment.java

C:\temp>

Oh, we are missing a "main" method. We need to add some sort of test
harness, so I'll deal with both issues the simplest way.

C:\temp>type ReplaceFirstComment.java
import java.io.*;

class ReplaceFirstComment {

     ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
         // TODO
     }

         File input = new File(args[0]);
         File output = new File(args[1]);
         new ReplaceFirstComment(input, output);
     }

}

C:\temp>javac ReplaceFirstComment.java

C:\temp>java ReplaceFirstComment ReplaceFirstComment.java Replaced.java

C:\temp>

OK, test sucessful? - your turn.

At this point you may be thinking "Hey RGB, I'm an intermediate Java
programmer and I know all this stuff, it's trivial, why are you wasting
your and my time with it?"

The point is you haven't followed this process else you'd have some
small example code that is more developed than this and shows us where
you got stuck.

So what have you come up with so far?

--
RGB
On Oct 1, 3:49=A0pm, RedGrittyBrick <RedGrittyBr...@spamweary.invalid>
wrote:
> [...]
=A0^
> 2 errors
>
> OK so we need to fix those errors ...

> C:\temp>type ReplaceFirstComment.java
> import java.io.*;
>
> class ReplaceFirstComment {
> =A0 =A0 =A0ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0// TODO
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> }
>
> C:\temp>javac ReplaceFirstComment.java
> C:\temp>
>
> It compiles, now to test it, it should do nothing, does it?

> C:\temp>java ReplaceFirstComment.java
> ReplaceFirstComment/java
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ReplaceFirstComment.java
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native =
Method)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown =
Source)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Sou=
rce)

> C:\temp>
>
> Oh, we are missing a "main" method. We need to add some sort of test
> harness, so I'll deal with both issues the simplest way.

> C:\temp>type ReplaceFirstComment.java
> import java.io.*;
>
> class ReplaceFirstComment {
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0ReplaceFirstComment(File input, File output) {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0// TODO
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0public static void main (String[] args) {
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0File input =3D new File(args[0]);
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0File output =3D new File(args[1]);
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0new ReplaceFirstComment(input, output);
> =A0 =A0 =A0}
>
> }
>
> C:\temp>javac ReplaceFirstComment.java
>
> C:\temp>java ReplaceFirstComment ReplaceFirstComment.java Replaced.java
>
> C:\temp>
>
> OK, test sucessful? - your turn.
>
> At this point you may be thinking "Hey RGB, I'm an intermediate Java
> programmer and I know all this stuff, it's trivial, why are you wasting
> your and my time with it?"
>
> The point is you haven't followed this process else you'd have some
> small example code that is more developed than this and shows us where
> you got stuck.
>
> So what have you come up with so far?
>
> --
> RGB

At first thanks a lot...for your help...
so I create some code...what do yu think...what is the next step...?
Now, I can replace // comments from a text file...how I need a
solution for follow problem...
+ for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/* ...
*/"
+ for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
"<!-- ...
I create flowing code....

public class RemoveHeader {

    private File toDir;

    private List<FileSet> filesets =3D new ArrayList<FileSet>();

    private List<String> includes =3D new ArrayList<String>();
    private List<String> excludes =3D new ArrayList<String>();

    @SuppressWarnings("unused")
    private String charset;

    public RemoveHeader() {
        // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
    }

    /**
     * @param charset
     * @param excludes
     * @param filesets
     * @param includes
     * @param mappingFile
     * @param mappings
     * @param toDir
     */

    // File input, File output
    public RemoveHeader(String charset, List<String> excludes,
List<FileSet> filesets, List<String> includes, File Input) {
        super();
        this.charset =3D charset;
        this.setExcludes(excludes);
        this.setFilesets(filesets);
        this.setToDir(Input);
    }
//        String charset =3D "UTF-8";
//        String[] exclude =3D {"*.java","*.c","*.cpp"};
//        String[] include =3D {"*.xml","*.xhtml"};
//        List<String> includesa =3D new ArrayList<String>();
//        List<String> excludesa =3D new ArrayList<String>();
//        includesa.addAll(includesa);
//        excludesa.addAll(exclude);
//        FileSet fs =3D new FileSet();
//        List<FileSet> lfs =3D new ArrayList<FileSet>();
//        File in =3D new File ("");
//        RemoveHeader rh =3D new
RemoveHeader(charset,excludesa,lfs,includesa,in);
//        DirectoryScanner ds =3D new DirectoryScanner();
//        ds.addExcludes(exclude);
//        ds.setIncludes(include);
//        ds.scan();
//        rh.removeCommentFromFile("test.txt", "/*");
        RemoveHeader rh =3D new RemoveHeader();
        rh.removeCommentFromFile("test.txt", "//");
    }

    /**
     * Defines the directory where to save the replaced files. This is
     * mandatory parameter.
     *
     * @param toDir the directory where to save files
     */
    public void setTodir(File toDir) {
        this.setToDir(toDir);
    }

    /**
     * Defines the character encoding used for reading and writing
files.
     *
     * @param charset a valid character encoding for the current Java
platform
     */
    public void setCharset(String charset) {
        this.charset =3D charset;
    }

    public void removeCommentFromFile(String file, String comment) {

        try {

            File inFile =3D new File(file);

            if (!inFile.isFile()) {
                System.out.println("Parameter is not an existing
file");
                return;
            }

            //Construct the new file that will later be renamed to the
original filename.
            File tempFile =3D new File(inFile.getAbsolutePath() +
".tmp");

            BufferedReader br =3D new BufferedReader(new
FileReader(file));
            PrintWriter pw =3D new PrintWriter(new
FileWriter(tempFile));

//            String lineToRemove =3D line;

            //Read from the original file and write to the new
            //unless content matches data to be removed.
            String line =3D null;

            while ((line =3D br.readLine())!=3Dnull) {
                if (!line.trim().startsWith(comment)) {
                    pw.println(line);
                    pw.flush();
                }
            }
            pw.close();
            br.close();

//            //Delete the original file
//            if (!inFile.delete()) {
//                System.out.println("Could not delete file");
//                return;
//            }

            //Rename the new file to the filename the original file
had.
            if (!tempFile.renameTo(inFile))
                System.out.println("Could not rename file");

        } catch (FileNotFoundException ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        } catch (IOException ex) {
            ex.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

    // getter and setter

    public void setIncludes(List<String> includes) {
        this.includes =3D includes;
    }

    public List<String> getIncludes() {
        return includes;
    }

    public void setExcludes(List<String> excludes) {
        this.excludes =3D excludes;
    }

    public List<String> getExcludes() {
        return excludes;
    }

    public void setFilesets(List<FileSet> filesets) {
        this.filesets =3D filesets;
    }

    public List<FileSet> getFilesets() {
        return filesets;
    }

    public void setToDir(File toDir) {
        this.toDir =3D toDir;
    }

    public File getToDir() {
        return toDir;
    }

}

0
h.turhal (6)
10/1/2008 2:13:02 PM
ElementX wrote:
> RedGrittyBrick wrote:
>
> At first thanks a lot...for your help...
> so I create some code...what do yu think...what is the next step...?
> Now, I can replace // comments from a text file...how I need a
> solution for follow problem...
> + for .java, .cpp, .c and .css remove the FIRST occurrence of "/* ...
> */"
> + for .xml, .xhtml, .html and .xsl remove the FIRST occurrence of
> "<!-- ...
> I create flowing code....

> public class RemoveHeader {
>
>     private File toDir;
>     private List<FileSet> filesets = new ArrayList<FileSet>();
>     private List<String> includes = new ArrayList<String>();
>     private List<String> excludes = new ArrayList<String>();

Hmm, your original specification makes no mention of lists of files to
include, lists to exclude and FileSets. Is this something you omitted
from the statement of what you are trying to achieve?

>     @SuppressWarnings("unused")
>     private String charset;

Why Suppress warnings about unused variables? I find it better to remove
them.

>     public RemoveHeader() {
>         // TODO Auto-generated constructor stub
>     }
>
>     /**
>      * @param charset
>      * @param excludes
>      * @param filesets
>      * @param includes
>      * @param mappingFile
>      * @param mappings
>      * @param toDir
>      */
>
>     // File input, File output
>     public RemoveHeader(String charset, List<String> excludes,
> List<FileSet> filesets, List<String> includes, File Input) {

Neither of these constructors match the signature you mentioned in your
first post. Why is that?

>         super();
>         this.charset = charset;
>         this.setExcludes(excludes);
>         this.setFilesets(filesets);
>         this.setToDir(Input);
>     }
> //        String charset = "UTF-8";
> //        String[] exclude = {"*.java","*.c","*.cpp"};
> //        String[] include = {"*.xml","*.xhtml"};
> //        List<String> includesa = new ArrayList<String>();
> //        List<String> excludesa = new ArrayList<String>();
> //        includesa.addAll(includesa);
> //        excludesa.addAll(exclude);
> //        FileSet fs = new FileSet();
> //        List<FileSet> lfs = new ArrayList<FileSet>();
> //        File in = new File ("");
> //        RemoveHeader rh = new
> RemoveHeader(charset,excludesa,lfs,includesa,in);
> //        DirectoryScanner ds = new DirectoryScanner();
> //        ds.addExcludes(exclude);
> //        ds.setIncludes(include);
> //        ds.scan();
> //        rh.removeCommentFromFile("test.txt", "/*");

I'd cut that out entirely - When I need to keep old versions of code
around I use a Version Control System of some sort.

>         RemoveHeader rh = new RemoveHeader();
>         rh.removeCommentFromFile("test.txt", "//");
>     }

OK, but it doesn't really match the spec.
I'd be awfully tempted to shorten those two lines to
     new RemoveHeader().removeCommentFromFile("text.txt", "//");

>     /**
>      * Defines the directory where to save the replaced files.
>      * This is a mandatory parameter.
>      *
>      * @param toDir the directory where to save files
>      */
>     public void setTodir(File toDir) {
>         this.setToDir(toDir);
>     }
>
>     /**
>      * Defines the character encoding used for reading and
>      * writing files.
>      *
>      * @param charset a valid character encoding for the
>      * current Java platform
>      */
>     public void setCharset(String charset) {
>         this.charset = charset;
>     }

None of the above do anything at present. They are clutter. I'd remove
them until I got the core of the program working.

>     public void removeCommentFromFile(String file, String comment) {

That is insufficient to specify the types of comments you want to
remove. I think instead of "String comment" you need "String
commentStart, String commentEnd".

>         try {
>
>             File inFile = new File(file);
>
>             if (!inFile.isFile()) {
>                 System.out.println("Parameter is not an existing
> file");
>                 return;
>             }
>
>             //Construct the new file that will later be renamed to the
> original filename.

Your original spec suggested that the class would be constructed passing
the name of an input file and the name of an output file, now you seem
to be doing an in-place edit (using a temporary file and rename,
delete). Why doesn't your code match the requirements description?

>             File tempFile = new File(inFile.getAbsolutePath() +
> ".tmp");
>
>             BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
> FileReader(file));
>             PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new
> FileWriter(tempFile));
>
> //            String lineToRemove = line;
>
>             //Read from the original file and write to the new
>             //unless content matches data to be removed.
>             String line = null;

Why initialise it to null?

>             while ((line = br.readLine())!=null) {
>                 if (!line.trim().startsWith(comment)) {
>                     pw.println(line);
>                     pw.flush();
>                 }
>             }
>             pw.close();
>             br.close();

The above is the core of the processing. Now you need to keep track of
the start and end of comments, including those that span multiple lines.

You need to plan how you will deal with nested comments.

I'd construct some test data and use that to think about suitable
control structures. Many people would consider this a language-parsing
problem rather than the simple line-editing problem that your code supposes.

Some example test data I'd think about:

------------testfile1-----------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
/*
adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor
*/
incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

------------testfile2-----------------

------------testfile3-----------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipisicing /* elit, sed do eiusmod tempor
incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Ut enim ad */ minim veniam, quis nostrud
exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut

------------testfile4-----------------

------------testfile5-----------------

------------testfile6-----------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipisicing /** elit, sed do eiusmod tempor
* incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Ut enim */ ad minim veniam, quis nostrud

Maybe you need a variable that keeps track of comment/noncomment state
at each point in the file?

Maybe you need to read the whole file as a single string and search for
the positions of the start and end comment markers?

Maybe you do need to deal with nested comments the same way Java, c, etc
compilers do? Perhaps they have different rules?

> [remaining code omitted]

I think your 180 lines can be boiled down to this:

-----------------------------------8<------------------------------------
import java.io.*;

public class ReplaceFirstComment {

         File inFile = new File("test.txt");
         File outFile = new File("out.txt");
         new ReplaceFirstComment(inFile, outFile).doit();
     }

     private File inFile, outFile;

     ReplaceFirstComment(File inFile, File outFile) {
         this.inFile = inFile;
         this.outFile = outFile;
     }

     private void doit() {
         try {
             if (!inFile.isFile()) {
                 System.out.println("Parameter is not an existing file");
                 return;
             }

             BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(
                     new FileReader(inFile));
             PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(
                     new FileWriter(outFile));

             String comment = chooseCommentMarker(inFile);
             String line;

             while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
                 if (!line.trim().startsWith(comment)) {
                     pw.println(line);
                     pw.flush();
                 }
             }

             pw.close();
             br.close();

         } catch (FileNotFoundException ex) {
             ex.printStackTrace();
         } catch (IOException ex) {
             ex.printStackTrace();
         }
     }

     private String chooseCommentMarker(File file) {
         return "//";
     }

}
-----------------------------------8<------------------------------------
Untested.

I've removed comments but I would keep (some of) them in real life.

I've also rearranged the constructor signature to match what you
originally stated.

Personally, I find the above a lot more readable. YMMV.

--
RGB

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

help help help
I need to refresh my C knowledge quickly. I will be reading code for simple industrial type controls like motor controllers, valve drivers, etc This software is pretty simple, 3000 lines max. The executable is embedded in flash on the processor chip. Actually I haven't seen it yet. I haven't looked at C or done any programming in ages. I'm looking for a simple programming suite that will run on my WinXP (NTFS) computer. Something that doesn't take really long to get up to speed with. Simple is better. I just need to practice and remember and do some simple experi...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

Help!! Help!! Help!!
I wish to vectorize the following code: s = tf('s'); W = logspace(-1,2,50); COMBINATION = combn(W, 2); K = cell(length(COMBINATION), 1); K0 = 1 + (1/(2*s)) + 0.5*s/(0.2*s + 1); % PID controller to be approximated as PI gapValue = zeros(length(COMBINATION), 1); for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) K{i} = (COMBINATION(i,1)*(1 + (1/(COMBINATION(i,2)*s)))); % PI controller end for i = 1:length(COMBINATION) gapValue(i,1) = gapmetric(K0, K{i}); end where K0 is the Nominal transfer function and K is a cell array including transfer functions whose gap metric from K0 are...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi! All, I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the basic concept behind. I got to make an online test(Exam) in asp which has a login (frm access database) panel. Can any one direct me to a free source so that I can simply pick the project and customize it. Thnaks in Advance Raj.Design In article <1112007306.454441.207430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, raj.design@gmail.com enlightened us with... > Hi! All, > I am an Interactive Media Designer and know very less about asp but the > basic concept behind. I got to make an online te...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

help help help
Sir, Am Avinash.T.J doing my btech AMRITA ...

help! help!! help!!! me
hello if x=linspace(1,100,n); p=linspace(100,80,n-1); how can I get A A=[ x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; x(2) 1 -x(2) -1 0 0 0 0...0 0; p(1) 0 -p(2) 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 x(3) 1 -x(3) -1 0 0...0 0; 0 0 p(2) 0 -p(3) 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 0 0 x(4) 1 -x(4) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 p(3) 0 -p(4) 0...0 0; ....................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0...x(i) 1 -x(i) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0...p(i-1) 0 -p(i-1) 0 ...0 0; ......................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0....x(n-1) 1 -x(n-1) -1; 0 0 0 0 0 0....p(n-2) 0 -p(n-1) 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0.... 0 0 p(n-1) 0; ] "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.c...

Help, Help, Help...
Hei! Im makin a hot INVADERS game with Java but im a newbie with language, so , question is how do i use KeyPressed () function... I hav Applet Runnable... -!Hei!- Here is my problem... public class TestinKeys extends Applet implements Runnable .... .... public void run () { while ( true ) { KeyEvent ke; if ( ke.getKeyChar() == 'a' ) g_TykkiX ++; .... .... What is Wrong, im tryin to make that Invaders game but i dont know how to read keyboard with Runnable Java code... JariTapio <JariTapio@pp.inet.fi> wrote: > publi...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

Web resources about - Help Help, I am intermediate in Java...need help in follow case - comp.lang.java.programmer

Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Four decommissioned aircraft carriers docked at the shipyard. From left: Independence , Kitty Hawk , Constellation , and Ranger . 47°33′31″N ...

Vocab List Intermediate - Chinese on the App Store on iTunes
Get Vocab List Intermediate - Chinese on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Intermediate Power - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
AL-55I engine for the Indian HAL HJT-36 'Sitara' (Star) jet trainer aircraft. UEC, Defexpo 2014

YouTube - Returns to Scale Overview - Definition & Discussion - Intermediate Macroeconomics
Veröffentlicht am 22.10.2012 We discuss returns to scale (applied to an intermediate macroeconomics course). Covering increasing returns to ...

Grammar Expert : English Grammar Intermediate
Holen Sie sich „Grammar Expert : English Grammar Intermediate“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, Bewertungen und Kundenrezensionen dazu ...

SpaceX wins intermediate victory over US in launch contract case
SpaceX The United States government has lost its bid to toss SpaceX's lawsuit over lucrative national security-related launch contracts. In ...

BBC NEWS - Business - Market Data - Commodities - LIFFE Ice Euro Exchange ICEEUR - West Texas Intermediate ...
... News market data service covers more than 20,000 global financial instruments: Commodities - LIFFE Ice Euro Exchange ICEEUR - West Texas Intermediate ...

International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) Stock May Increase To $195 In Intermediate Term: Barron’s ...
Bidness Etc looks into Barron's analysis of IBM's (NYSE:IBM) overall performance in the last few years.

West Texas Intermediate crude oil prices drop below $40, Brent nearing $45 - Houston Business Journal ...
And for the first time in 29 years, West Texas Intermediate is on its way to its eighth-consecutive weekly loss.

Pro Food Photography On the Fly (Intermediate/Advanced)
&nbsp;You know how to do things right and take every step from scratch, but don’t always feel like you can spare the time. Learn how to triage ...