howto create a new glassfish db in linux console ?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi, I have a glassfish server and i cant figure out how to create anew database using a linux console ?asadmin create-database doesn't exist ?Also when running the example applications, netbeans6 always open's awebbrowser at localhost/... instead of 192.168.1.17/... (my separatelinux glass fish server pc)
0
Reply gert.cuykens (246) 9/18/2007 7:59:17 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Sep 18, 9:59 pm, gert <gert.cuyk...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi, I have a glassfish server and i cant figure out how to create a> new database ?found out that you create a database like this in the connection setupjdbc:derby://192.168.1.17:1527/gert;create=true;
0
Reply gert 9/18/2007 10:54:14 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 51964 articles. 38 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[News] Another New Linux-based UMPC Revealed, New Linux Distro (LimeOS) Created
LimePC, iPod nano sized Linux UMPC to be the hottest Product at CES 2008? ,----[ Quote ] | The LimePC UMPC is running LimeOS, which is based on, you guess it, Linux. | LimeOS is based on Debian Linux and full screen HTML based user interface and | Web 2.0 applications `---- http://www.i4u.com/article13909.html And another new distro release: 01/07 Damn Small 4.2.3 http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ Related: Announcing XFCE on the IT ,----[ Quote ] | Another b-e-a-utiful compiliation from Penguinbait. XFCE is now available for | the Internet Tablet (Yes, the N770 and N800!).   `-...

[News] [Linux] New Fedora Linux Enables Joe Average to Create Own Linux Distro
Remixing Fedora 7 ,----[ Quote ] | Fedora 7 hits the streets on May 31st. One of the most exciting | features of the Fedora 7 release is the fact that users can remix | the Fedora code in any variety of ways. Tools are provided that | allow the user to build either a customized LiveCD or installable | ISO, and to reach out to any 3rd-party RPM repositories and pull | in packages from them at compose time. `---- http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/ Torrents of Feodra 7 here: http://www.tuxdistro.com/browse.php?cat=119 Related: Why Having 500+ Distros is a Good...

[News] [Linux] New Arch, New Puppy Linux, New GNOME
[Ach Linux:] 2007.05 Duke ISOs released ,----[ Quote ] | I would like to thank you all, who assisted in testing | and of course finding/fixing bugs, you users/devs simply | rock. `---- http://archlinux.org/news/325/ [GNOME 2.16 Released] ,----[ Quote ] | Enjoy the speed of Puppy as a live CD, or better still, as multi-session | CD or DVD in your CD/DVD writer. `---- http://www.puppylinux.org/ GNOME 2.19.2 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | This is our second development release on our road towards GNOME | 2.20.0, which will be released in September 2007. `---- http://mail.gnome.org/archives/g...

[News] New Linux Branch is Created, Called Linux-staging

How do I Create a new process (a console app) so that it opens in a new window?
I have two console applications. I want one to launch another one so that the new process launches in its own command window. To date, I've only started new processes with the 'CreateProcess' call, but that always seems to launch the new process in the same command window as the existing one. How can I get a new one to launch? Thanks! "Dave" <davechandler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179008561.554732.129570@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have two console applications. I want one to launch another one so > that the new process launc...

[News] [Linux] Linux Servers Create New Opportunities for Smaller Businesses
Small builders feel the software love ,----[ Quote ] | Part of that may be due to the rise of Linux and open-source | software as competitive options to Windows and other Microsoft | products, particularly on the server side. Open-source software | is creating more opportunities for custom systems builders, | "especially in emerging markets where price points are looked | on as more important than brand loyalty," says Mark Longwell, | Novell business development director. And that, he says, is | putting pressure on Microsoft. `---- http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=82224&sr...

[News] Job Board Created by Linux Foundation, New Linux Events Roundup

Rename "demo_on" db server and create new db server?
All: We use Informix where I work and I have built a virtual Debian server to become more acquainted with the database. My question is how do I rename the "demo_on" server and also create a new db server on the same box. I have read through the documentation but have not found what I'm looking for. Also, I have tried to rename "demo_on" db server that was created when installing the software. Changes where made to the following files. - onconfig MIRRORPATH $INFORMIXDIR/tmp/demo_on.root_mirror DBSERVERNAME demo_on - sqlhosts demo_on on...

create a DB on Linux
Hi! I have installed Informix dynamic server on Linux. Now I want to create a data base. What should I do? Thanks ch said: > > I have installed Informix dynamic server on Linux. Now I want to create > a data base. What should I do? RTFM. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche did i mention i like nulls? heck, i even go so far as to say that all columns in a table except the primary key could/should be nullable. this has certain advantages, for example, if you need to...

[News] Linuxfest Northwest 2010 Web Site Created, New Softpedia Linux Weekly, Going Linux Audiocast

[News] Upstart Starts Up Linux Kernel Space Very Fast, New Tool Created for Comparative Tests of Linux in Server Farms

New here and new to Linux
I've been reading some of the posts here and I think I'm in the right place. I purchased the July 2005 issue of "Linux Format" magazine today. They had several distros of Linux on the CD's, including something called Damn Small Linux, several other small distros, and Ubuntu 5.04. I have a Dell Dimension system, running WinXP SR2 with plenty of RAM (512 meg) and about 50 gigs of hard drive free. Should be enough to run Linux, eh? My problem: I'm terrified of the "disk partioning" thing. When I got to the point in the install of U...

create new db in phpmyadmin
hi, I have an account at one.com and they have already created a DB for me that I can use. But I want to create a multi-user environment and therefore I would like several DBs. But when I try to create a new DB I get the following error: ****** SQL-foresp=F8rgsel: CREATE DATABASE newbie MySQL returnerede: #1044 - Access denied for user 'bentzenz_com'@'localhost' to database 'newbie' ********* any suggestions? Thanx. Lars at bentzenz dot com On 13 Apr, 10:21, lars_bent...@hotmail.com wrote: > hi, > > I have an account at one.com and they have already cr...

Howto create new partition?
Hi, I have 4 partitions in my 80GB hd: hdb1 ext3 hdb2 swap hdb3 reiserfs 12GB hdb4 ext2 I want to create a new one partition with 4GB and resize the hdb3 to 8GB. How I can do that? I resize hdb3 with qtparted and I have problems? How can I do that with cfdisk? Do I have to delete hdb3 and create two new partitions? How do this partions have to be: primary or secundary?. What's the difference between that? Thanks in advance, Xan. "Xan" <xan2@ono.com> wrote in message news:9ce021f0.0407210855.b121f22@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have 4 partitions in my 8...

Great New Linux Consoles
The GP2X Wiz and Pandora units will open up the face of handheld computing The GP2X Wiz is a pure Gaming/Video/MP3 console with hundreds of emulators written for it The other, the Pandora is a UMPC, which can run openoffice/firefox and is the same shape and size as a nintendo DS To find more information view here http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/ or to order Check the data here on GP2X Wiz: http://gp2x.co.uk/go.pl?A216 Check the data here on Pandora: http://openpandora.org/worldmap.html Mention you were sent by Raj Takhar and you may get an extra discount "rajtakhar" &...

Great New Linux Console
The GP2X Wiz and Pandora units will open up the face of handheld computing The GP2X Wiz is a pure Gaming/Video/MP3 console with hundreds of emulators written for it The other, the Pandora is a UMPC, which can run openoffice/firefox and is the same shape and size as a nintendo DS To find more information view here http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/ or to order Check the data here on GP2X Wiz: http://gp2x.co.uk/go.pl?A216 Check the data here on Pandora: http://openpandora.org/worldmap.html Mention you were sent by Raj Takhar and you may get an extra discount ...

Creating New User In Linux
Hi, In Linux i have logged in as Root and trying to create a new user with the command adduser -m username. It gives an error message saying that 'cannot create user'. Balaji.M <balaji.muniraja@db.com> wrote: > It gives an error message saying that 'cannot create user'. Check in the log file, maybe the user is already there. Davide -- | Afternoon very favorable for romance. Try a single person for a | change. | | ...

Great New Linux Consoles
The GP2X Wiz and Pandora units will open up the face of handheld computing The GP2X Wiz is a pure Gaming/Video/MP3 console with hundreds of emulators written for it The other, the Pandora is a UMPC, which can run openoffice/firefox and is the same shape and size as a nintendo DS To find more information view here http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/ or to order Check the data here on GP2X Wiz: http://gp2x.co.uk/go.pl?A216 Check the data here on Pandora: http://openpandora.org/worldmap.html Mention you were sent by Raj Takhar and you may get an extra discount ...

RE: create a DB on Linux
RTFM -> -----Original Message----- -> From: ch [mailto:anmacri@mixmail.com] -> Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:11 PM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: create a DB on Linux ->=20 ->=20 -> Hi! -> I have installed Informix dynamic server on Linux. Now I=20 -> want to create -> a data base. What should I do? ->=20 -> Thanks ->=20 -> _______________________________________________ -> Informix-list mailing list -> Informix-list@iiug.org -> http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list ->=20 *************...

Creating a new Linux distro...
OK, this will send a few people in this group (you know who you are) around the bend, but I'm considering creating a new Linux distro. Let me explain why. I have some ideas for new features I think would improve existing distros. They are: 1. Include the option to use a bittorrent like protocol to download package updates from other Linux users instead of directly from the repository servers. 2. When installing to the harddrive, copy the Live CD ISO image to the harddrive and include an app/icon to easily burn more Live CDs. 3. When burning new Live CDs, generate a uniqu...

[News] New User Special of Linux Outlaws and New Linux.com

[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux Captures More New Users, New Features
Ubuntu: Getting in with the Grunge Set ,----[ Quote ] | To say that I was impressed with Feisty is something of an | understatement. I'm almost ashamed to say that it was the allure | of Beryl 3D desktop eye-candy that convinced me to give Linux | another try. But Gnome -- and particularly the super-slick | Ubuntu-ised configuration of Gnome, with its consistent and | nicely balanced set of applications -- quickly comes into its own. `---- http://www.softwarereality.com/soapbox/ubuntu.jsp Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 41 ,----[ Quote ] | "The Ubuntu Media Center Team was approved...

[News] New Softpedia Linux Weekly; New Audiocasts About GNU/Linux

[News] New ATI Linux Driver Good New to Linux Television