Java 1.1 vs 1.2 Printing

Hi all,

I have a problem. I am working with some GIS software that prints
maps. It was originally designed using the Java 1.1 API and is still
compiled today using the Java 1.1 compiler.

If we run the program in a Java 1.1.x Runtime Environment (IE,
Netscape), and print out a map, it gets printed out perfectly.

If we run the program in a Java 2 Runtime Environment (Sun plugin),
and print out a map, the page origin seems to get shifted to the top
and to the left. This leads to the left edge of the map getting cut
off.

No change in code, just the environment it's being run in. Any ideas?
0
jcube (3)

When it comes to printing, I've found that you just
can't expect the same results from different JVMs.
It sucks, but there isn't much you can do about it.
Going forward, I plan to use Java APIs to create
PDF documents on the fly to be presented to the
browser. Much more consistent regardless of JVM,
OS, or browser.

--
Jeff
jlar310 at yahoo

"John" <jcube@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c71d14f6.0309121503.69fe74c9@posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem. I am working with some GIS software that prints
> maps. It was originally designed using the Java 1.1 API and is still
> compiled today using the Java 1.1 compiler.
>
> If we run the program in a Java 1.1.x Runtime Environment (IE,
> Netscape), and print out a map, it gets printed out perfectly.
>
> If we run the program in a Java 2 Runtime Environment (Sun plugin),
> and print out a map, the page origin seems to get shifted to the top
> and to the left. This leads to the left edge of the map getting cut
> off.
>
> No change in code, just the environment it's being run in. Any ideas?

0
nobody36 (141)