Java 1.2 Swing vs. Java 1.5 Swing

Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
missing much? Has anyone read it?

Big Daddy wrote:
> Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
> thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
> $10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
> missing much? Has anyone read it?

compare the online apis and see if something's deprecated in the newer
version

angus
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:49:21 -0500, Big Daddy <bigdoglinux@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was
>thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for
>$10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be
>missing much? Has anyone read it?

If this is Java Foundation Classes in a Nutshell, then there are a few
things missing (the only one I've run into is the JSpinner and related
classes, but no doubt there are a few others), but it's mostly all
there.

Pete Barrett