Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6

I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found anydefinitive answer.I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux systemrunning Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system forunderlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hardbut I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by theversion I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rethingabout going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change hadproblems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.Now I'm thinking about it again.Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latestjdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versusthe last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as testedas the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that someof that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.Can I get opinions? Any input is greatly appreciated.
0
jkimble (58)

James Kimble wrote:
> I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any
> definitive answer.
>
> I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system
> running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for
> underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard
> but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the
> version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething
> about going to the latest 1.6.

Daylight Saving Time is handled just fine by J6. No one has ever claimed
otherwise. What gave you the impression that it's not?

Older versions of J5 and up through 1.4 require a simple downloaded fix from
Sun to handle DST. Since the current version of J5 is something like 1.5.0_11
it looks like your version actually predates the DST fix so, ironically, you
are at greater risk for not having upgraded to 6.

Bear in mind that J1.4 is the old, creaky, hoary, nearly obsolescent version.
J6 is the current release. J5 has been out about two and a half years, now.

> It seems every version change had problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.
> Now I'm thinking about it again.

There have been bugs reported in 6, some of which carried over from 5, but for
the most part it works as advertised. Have you been checking Sun's bug list to
see if the issues affect your situation?

It's hardly the "beginning" for J5 any more.

> Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest
> jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus
> the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested
> as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some
> of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.

Ooh, I don't know about all that. Sun's own tests are pretty durned
exhaustive, and 6 has been through quite the beta process. Why don'tcha mosey
on over to their bugs and RFE place if you want to know what issues you might
face?

<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp>

Perhaps in there you'll find enough data to judge.

-- Lew
0
lew7583 (322)
3/18/2007 7:26:47 PM
On Mar 18, 8:26 pm, Lew <l...@nospam.lewscanon.com> wrote:> James Kimble wrote:> > I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any> > definitive answer.>> > I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system> > running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for> > underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard> > but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the> > version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething> > about going to the latest 1.6.I have read that 1.6 (from sun java blog) has preatty impresiveimprovements in GUI laying performance (over 1.5), but I dont know itthese improvements will affect your progams. So if performance is afactor (or likely will be) you ought to consider that.
0
jb
3/18/2007 7:54:29 PM
James Kimble wrote:
> I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system
> running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for
> underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard
> but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the
> version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething
> about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had
> problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.
> Now I'm thinking about it again.

Older versions of J5 and versions 1.4 and earlier require a simple downloaded
fix from Sun to handle DST.  You might consider using the released version of
J5, which already has the fix, instead of the beta version.

> Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest
> jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus
> the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested
> as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some
> of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.

If you are concerned about version stability, why are you using a beta of J5?

Bear in mind that J1.4 is the old, creaky, hoary, nearly obsolescent version.
J6 is the current release. J5 has been out about two and a half years, now.

 > It seems every version change had problems in the beginning and I didn't
even try 1.6 because of that.
 > Now I'm thinking about it again.

There have been bugs reported in 6, some of which carried over from 5, but for
the most part it works as advertised. Have you been checking Sun's bug list to
see if the issues affect your situation?

It's hardly the "beginning" for J5 any more.

 > Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest
 > jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus
 > the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested
 > as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some
 > of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.

Ooh, I don't know about all that. Sun's own tests are pretty durned
exhaustive, and 6 has been through quite the beta process. Why don'tcha mosey
on over to their bugs and RFE place if you want to know what issues you might
face?

<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp>

Perhaps in there you'll find enough data to judge.

-- Lew
0
lew7583 (322)
3/18/2007 8:11:15 PM
James Kimble wrote:> I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any> definitive answer.> > I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system> running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for> underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard> but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the> version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rethingOlder versions of J5 and versions 1.4 and earlier require a simple downloaded fix from Sun to handle DST.> about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had> problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.> Now I'm thinking about it again.It's hardly the "beginning" for J5 any more.Bear in mind that J6 is the current release. J5 has been out about two and a half years, now. J1.4 is the old, creaky, hoary, nearly obsolescent version.There have been bugs reported in 6, some of which carried over from 5, but for the most part it works as advertised. Have you been checking Sun's bug list to see if the issues affect your situation?> Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest> jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus> the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested> as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some> of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.Ooh, I don't know about all that. Sun's own tests are pretty durned exhaustive, and 6 has been through quite the beta process. Why don'tcha mosey on over to their bugs and RFE place if you want to know what issues you might face?<http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp>Perhaps in there you'll find enough data to judge.-- Lew
0
Lew
3/18/2007 8:19:05 PM
On Mar 18, 3:19 pm, Lew <l...@nospam.lewscanon.com> wrote:> James Kimble wrote:> > I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any> > definitive answer.>> > I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system> > running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for> > underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard> > but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the> > version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething>> Older versions of J5 and versions 1.4 and earlier require a simple downloaded> fix from Sun to handle DST.>> > about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had> > problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.> > Now I'm thinking about it again.>> It's hardly the "beginning" for J5 any more.>> Bear in mind that J6 is the current release. J5 has been out about two and a> half years, now. J1.4 is the old, creaky, hoary, nearly obsolescent version.>> There have been bugs reported in 6, some of which carried over from 5, but for> the most part it works as advertised. Have you been checking Sun's bug list to> see if the issues affect your situation?>> > Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest> > jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus> > the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested> > as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some> > of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge.>> Ooh, I don't know about all that. Sun's own tests are pretty durned> exhaustive, and 6 has been through quite the beta process. Why don'tcha mosey> on over to their bugs and RFE place if you want to know what issues you might> face?>> <http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp>>> Perhaps in there you'll find enough data to judge.>> -- LewIn reviewing the bug list (should have done that first) I think 1.6 isthe way to go. I don't see anything that will be negative and a greatdeal that will be positive. Thanks for the insight.--jk
0
James
3/18/2007 11:12:36 PM
On Mar 19, 5:27 am, "James Kimble" <jkim...@one.net> wrote:> I'm sure this question has been posted ......that's not surprising, given you posted it.Please refrain from multi-posting in future.<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.html#xpost>(Note X-post to c.l.j.p./g., w/ f-u to c.l.j.p. only)Andrew T.
0
Andrew
3/19/2007 1:52:00 AM
On Mar 19, 10:12 am, "James Kimble" <jkim...@one.net> wrote:...me an email.  Please note the 'Quote'.<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=7mTjyhYAAADCSWBnolz9mAH1YeBMyEJTo4cocwWvDVg2RHsu8f1bCg>Andrew T.
0
Andrew

Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6 #2
I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any definitive answer. I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that. Now I'm thinking about it again. Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge. Can I get opinions? Any input is greatly appreciated. James Kimble wrote: > I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any > definitive answer. > > I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system > running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for > underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard > but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the > version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me...

Serialization between Java 1.1.4 and Java 1.4.1
Hello, It seems to me to be in some kinda trouble. I wanted to implement communication between Java applet and Server through sockets and Serialization. So, I serialize Object, send it to server which deserialize it with no problems. In other direction problems came out since Object serialized under Java 1.4.1 seems to be not deserializable under Java 1.1.4. (MS VM). If applet si run under J2, there are no problems, but I cannot push people to download some 15MB of new JRE just to accomplish my requirements, especially if applet needs not implementation of features of new JRE... ...

Java 1.4 vs 1.5 Differences
Greetings, I've begun work on updating a java 1.4 stand alone application to work with Java 1.5. It has some major problems with new version of Java. I've been trying to find a summary list of differences between the Java versions for someone familiar with Java 1.4. -ie. Enums is now a reserved word in Java 1.5 (or at least I think it is :) Would anyone know of a summary list of changes between Java 1.4 and 1.5? Thanks, -peter > -ie. Enums is now a reserved word in Java 1.5 (or at least I think it is :) enum (and not Enum) is now a reserved word :-) For the reserved words i...

RE: KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2 #2
Downloaded KRB5 1.4.1 and the installation worked great with GCC and AIX make. None of the problems that were encountered with 1.4.0 and the unbalanced "(". The problem with: /usr/local/kerberos/bin/kinit -V kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials still exist. If I force it to version 4 KRB it seems to work with the krb5.conf: /usr/local/kerberos/bin/kinit -4 xxxxxxx Password for xxxxxx@xxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx: kinit(v4): Can't send request (send_to_kdc) The krb5.conf file is the same file that worked with the 1.3.6 version of KRB5. It does not seem to work with KRB 1.4 or 1.4.1. Any one having similar problems or solutions ? Thanks, Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Saxon, Lamar Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 11:08 AM To: 'Tom Yu' Cc: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: RE: KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2 The compile with CC works with no issues. The other issue still remains. "Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials" I tried kinit with the -k and verbose; but not with a password. I will post the results once I get it accomplished. Thanks, Lamar -----Original Message----- From: Tom Yu [mailto:tlyu@MIT.EDU] Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 2:18 PM To: Saxon, Lamar Cc: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2 >>>>> "Lamar" == <Lamar.Saxon@americredit.com> writes: La...

java web server 1.1.3 and java 1.4.1 problem
Hello I have got a weird problem with Java web server v 1.1.3 running with java version "1.4.1_01" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-b01, mixed mode) I have added the following paths to my classpath: D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\lib\jws.jar D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\servlets The servlets directory contain servlets and I can run them through localhost/servlet/<servletname> However if I add a new (my own)servlet to that directory, I am not able to run them. It shows HTTP 404 - File not found. I think, one has ...

SN#21034 Java News Bites: J2SE 1.4.2 EOL, Jersey 1.0.1, JavaFX and Java's Future, Multilingual GlassFish Updates, Sun Supports Alice, JavaFX Samples, JBoss 5
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 130 Issue 3 2008-12-19 Article 21034 from section "Java Technology" Short Items of Interest to the Java Community - J2SE 1.4.2 End Of Life - Jersey 1.0.1 Implements JAX-RS 1.0 - Sun's Director of Technology Outreach on JavaFX, future of Java - Recent Updates to Multilingual GlassFish - Sun Teams with Carnegie Mellon in Support of Alice - Get More Samples of JavaFX - Redhat's JBoss AS 5.0 Complies with JSR 244 [url "http://blogs.systemnews.com" "http://blogs.systemnews.com"] Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=21034 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

java 1.5 on 1.4.2
Just need to verify something. You can not use a java 1.5 war file on a machine with java 1.4.2 loaded on it. Is this not right??? Thanks Yeah the compiled .class files shouldn't match. oracle schreef: > Just need to verify something. > > You can not use a java 1.5 war file on a machine with java 1.4.2 loaded > on it. > That depends, you can compile Java 1.5 source code to a 1.4 class file. Then it will run fine on a java 1.4.2 JVM, even with the use of generics, and other java 1.5 extensions. On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 03:00 +0200, Gerbrand van Dieijen wrote: >...

KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2 (fwd)
I have done some research on this problem. The host resolve code does not complete successfully. I have traced the error to the routine at /kerberos/mit/krb5-1.4/src/lib/krb5/os/dnsglue.c. In the routine a call is made to res_ninit to provide dns information for the kdc. res_ninit updates the structure at statbuf but overlays memory 72 bytes past the structure boundary. I have opened a problem with IBM on res_ninit. The problem is not yet resolved but IBM suggested using a malloc for the structure instead of static storage. I am trying to get IBM to correct the error in res_ninit. No resoultion yet. >Delivery-Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:15:05 -0600 >Return-Path: <owner-kerberos@lanl.gov> >X-Original-To: hgm@localhost.localdomain >Delivered-To: hgm@localhost.localdomain >Received: from localhost (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) > by moki.lanl.gov (Postfix) with ESMTP id 15AAB68739 > for <hgm@localhost.localdomain>; Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:15:05 -0600 > (MDT) >Received: from ccn-mail.lanl.gov [128.165.4.105] > by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.5) > for hgm@localhost.localdomain (single-drop); Thu, 21 Apr 2005 > 12:15:05 -0600 >(MDT) >Received: from ccn-mail.lanl.gov ([unix socket]) > by ccn-mail.lanl.gov (Cyrus v2.2.3-Red Hat 2.2.3-6.lanl) with > LMTP; Thu, 21 >Apr 2005 12:11:13 -0600 >X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2 >Received: from mailrelay3.lanl.gov (mail...

Problems with Fonts porting app from Java 1.1 to Java 1.2+
Hi Folks, I have some promblems with the "Serif"-Fonts when I'm trying to run my application under Java 1.2 (or higher) on some machines (strangely it doesn't occur on every machine with 1.2+). The Problem is that the Serif-Fonts I use in the application are instanciated well if they are plain but don't work if I instanciate them bold or italic. The Font-Files in font.properties regarding the bold and italic Fonts for "Serif" are setted well and exist. Does anybody have a hint what's needed (possibly I forgot a special setup) to gain access for these Fonts? ...

JBoss (java 1.4 + hibernate -> java 1.5)
hi, I'm searching for a documents describing the things to get in mind so that if I build now application for java 1.4+hibernate to be as much as possibly 1.5 ready, with minimum changes afterwards. Examples, links, documentations, whitepapers .... are welcome. I'm talking primary about JBoss. tia i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :) iraptor@gmail.com wrote: > i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :) I don't recommend you to use ejb2.1 as it is completely different from ejb3, as EJB3 beans are just empowered POJOs. Instead, you probably should use j2ee1.4 + Spring + Hibernate. EJB3 has a lot of commonality with Spring: * Business interfaces do not have to extend EJB Interface * No more home interface * Use Dependency Injection * Business methods in remote EJB are not required to throw RemoteException * Meta data can be embedded in source code, such as annotation in Java EE 5 and Spring (in J2EE 1.4 with JVM 5) or Commons Attribute in Spring (in J2EE 1.3 or 1.4 with JVM 3 or 4). the problem is that I have idea of Hibernate and Spring, but just the idea...and the time is tight.. But anyway thanks I think that is the right way...'cause when I have all the logic as POJO wrapped around Hibernate+Spring, if I want to move to EJB3.0 will preserve these POJO objects and rewrite just the rest wich as idea should be similar 'cause EJB stole alot from them... Of cource there should be some drawbacks too ? :) Is there some info how Hiber...

Tips for backporting Java 1.6 classes into Java 1.5?
I'm writing a Swing app, and I wanted a way to filter certain rows out of a JTable. I search Sun's API to see if they had any facilities for doing this, and I while I couldn't find such an API for 1.5, there is one for 1.6: javax.swing.RowFilter (http://download.java.net/jdk6/docs/api/javax/swing/RowFilter.html) So I have a bit of a dilemma here. I don't want to have to "wait" for 1.6 to come out. I don't want to actually use a beta version of 1.6 (forcing my clients to do the same). But I don't want to implement this functionality myself, only...

gcj 4.2.1 entails "Unexpected exception encountered during query" with mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
Hi! I wrote a java-application that uses mysql-connector-java-5.1.6- bin.jar and does well as long as Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04) executes the bytecode. I tried to gain some extra-speed by compiling native. The compiling works well again but starting the native code leads into an error: =93Unexpected exception encountered during query=94. I searched the web for a while but did not find a useful hint so I=92d really appreciate your advise where to search. Is the connector not designed to be used for compiling native code? Or is there a way to modify my Java-Code? Thanks in advance Christian Java-Source =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D System.out.print("Loading driver " + DATABASE_DRIVER + " ... "); try { Class.forName(DATABASE_DRIVER); } catch (ClassNotFoundException classNotFoundException) { throw new InstantiationError(classNotFoundException.getMessage()); } System.out.println("loaded"); System.out.print("Connecting to " + server + " ... "); try { String url =3D "jdbc:mysql://" + server + ':' + port + "/?user=3D" + userName; if ((passWord !=3D null) && (passWord.trim().length() > 0)) url =3D url + "&password=3D" + passWord.trim(); System.out.print("via " + url + " "); connection =3D DriverManager.getConnection(url); } ca...

6 Consultants available immediately ( 2 QA, 1 Java, 1 SIebel, 1 C++/Unix, 1 Network Engineer)
Contact : Sudin DIrect : 402 218 2185 Email : sudin@kraftware.com Hi All, Let me present you with list of consultants currently available. Name / Job Title Summary Ramchandran/Java =B7 7+ years experience in the field of Software Development. =B7 Expertise in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) =B7 Expertise in J2EE architecture and application development using Java, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, XML, MVC, Struts, Websphere, Weblogic. =B7 Expertise Weblogic portal =B7 Expertise in development of Distributed Components Architecture using J2EE, 3-tiered systems design and development =B7 Expertise in RDBMS concepts like triggers cursor, run stats with extensive working knowledge of databases Oracle, and SQL Server. =B7 Expertise in Object oriented design and development process using UML and design patterns. =B7 Expertise in Java, JSP, Java Beans, XML, XSLT. =B7 Database designing, PL/SQL programming. Working with PL/SQL scripts, SQL, Writing stored procedures. etc. =B7 Expertise in Oracle 9,8.i/7.1, and SQL Server 6.5 / 7.0 / 2000 Kahild Ansari/C,C++,UNIX =B7 Proven record of 7 years of total IT experience.Experience includes roles as Designer, Developer, Tester & Implementer. Master in C/C++/ UNIX with good knowledge of Shell & Perl scripting. Sufficient exposure on Network programming using Berkeley Sockets, IPC, Shared Memory and POSIX Multithread Programming. Worked on Java ,Orcale/SQL as well. =B7 Career path includes success...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

[tao-users] The differences between TAO 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0 #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A75.80E5ABB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, =20 Could someone tell me where can I find a document which describes about the differences between TAO 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0? =20 Thanks with regards, Shi Lei ------_=_NextPart_001_01C74A75.80E5ABB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D604250205-07022007>Hello=20 all,</SPAN></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20 class=3D604250205-07022007></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D604250205-07022007>Could = someone tell=20 me where can I find a document which describes about the differences = between TAO=20 1.4.1.2 and 1.5.1.0?</SPAN></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20 class=3D604250205-07022007></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DI...

6 Consultants available immediately with us( 2 QA, 1 Java, 1 Siebel, 1 C++/Unix, 1 Network Engineer)
Contact : Sudin Direct : 402 218 2179 Email : sudin@kraftware.com Hi All, We have the following list of consultants currently available. Name / Job Title Summary Ramchandran/Java =B7 7+ years experience in the field of Software Development. =B7 Expertise in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) =B7 Expertise in J2EE architecture and application development using Java, JSP, Servlet, JDBC, XML, MVC, Struts, Websphere, Weblogic. =B7 Expertise Weblogic portal =B7 Expertise in development of Distributed Components Architecture using J2EE, 3-tiered systems design and development =B7 Expertise in RDBMS concepts like triggers cursor, run stats with extensive working knowledge of databases Oracle, and SQL Server. =B7 Expertise in Object oriented design and development process using UML and design patterns. =B7 Expertise in Java, JSP, Java Beans, XML, XSLT. =B7 Database designing, PL/SQL programming. Working with PL/SQL scripts, SQL, Writing stored procedures. etc. =B7 Expertise in Oracle 9,8.i/7.1, and SQL Server 6.5 / 7.0 / 2000 Kahild Ansari/C,C++,UNIX =B7 Proven record of 7 years of total IT experience.Experience includes roles as Designer, Developer, Tester & Implementer. Master in C/C++/ UNIX with good knowledge of Shell & Perl scripting. Sufficient exposure on Network programming using Berkeley Sockets, IPC, Shared Memory and POSIX Multithread Programming. Worked on Java ,Orcale/SQL as well. =B7 Career path includes successfu...

OK to Install 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0beta?
Are there any problems installing Eudora 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0 beta? Will this pick up my current settings? -- Greg using Agent 1.93/32.576 Opera 7.50 3733 & news.individual.net for sale: Apple//,Auto Parts/Equip/Manuals: http://pages.cthome.net/geardoc36 GregChi wrote: > > Are there any problems installing Eudora 6.1.1.1 over 5.2.1.0 beta? > Will this pick up my current settings? Provided you install it into the same folder and use the same data folder, your settings should remain. Be sure to back up your data before doing the install, just in case . . . John ...

Encapsulated PDF Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1
Hi all! In a conformance statement of an application I'm able to find SOP Class Encapsulated PDF Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1. The conformance statement tells me that it is being supported as an SCU as well as a SCP. Can I expect that the application can create Enc. PDF documents of its own assesments? My supplier tells me that this application can only store received enc. PDF documents with this SOP Class. I thought that this SOP class also was for creation of the Enc. PDF document. Or do I need another SOP Class for this functionallity (Creation of Enc. PDF doc of own locally stored assesments)? gr Mike On May 19, 3:25=A0am, mmjsupp...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all! > In a conformance statement of an application I'm able to find SOP > Class Encapsulated PDF Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.104.1. The > conformance statement tells me that it is being supported as an SCU as > well as a SCP. > > Can I expect that the application can create Enc. PDF documents of its > own assesments? > > My supplier tells me that this application can only store received > enc. PDF documents with this SOP Class. I thought that this SOP class > also was for creation of the Enc. PDF document. Or do I need another > SOP Class for this functionallity (Creation of Enc. PDF doc of own > locally stored assesments)? > > gr Mike Conformance to a Storage SOP Class as an SCU or SCP only addresses the "s...

problem with VisiBroker 5.2 with java 1.4.1 on AIX
There is small CORBA server. It works with VisiBroker 5.2, java 1.3.1 on AIX 5. After migration to java 1.4.1 server doesn't work. Exeption occuars in ORB.init method: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/security/provider/Sun at java.lang.Class.forName1(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:173) at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.installServiceCollection(ORB.java:1257) at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.installServices(ORB.java:1298) at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.initialize(ORB.java:1089) at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.se...

Java 1.4.2 under Suse Linux 6.1 possible?
Dear Group, we have a bunch of customers using a linux box with old Suse Linux 6.1 on it. Until now they worked fine for them. Now we have the neccessessity to call a third party program from within our application. This third party programm is written in java (we have no access to the source code) and requires JRE 1.4.2 or later for running. A call to the programmer of this program confirms it, that 1.4.2 is the minimum java version required. An earlier version will not work, he said. Now the problem: I'm not able to install the JRE-package 1.4.2 on this linux version. The installation crashes immediately (with the .bin package) or stops with errors (if using the RPM-package). Installing the same package on another linux box with newer Suse-Version works like charm (and java and the third party program works fine). As there are many customers with this old linux out there and spreaded all over the country, an update of all old linux boxes is not a possible choice. I've tried to copy the complete dirtree from the linux box where the install works (the destination directory where i have installed the JRE on this newer os-version) to the one with the old 6.1 Box. I tried to mimick all the installation steps manually there (setting the ENV-Variables like JAVA_HOME, JRE_HOME, JAVA_BINDIR, PATH) and create the java link in /usr/lib pointing to my Java-Dir. But i can't get java to run. Even the simple java command "java -version" gives me the (well known)...

Mozilla 1.4.1 & Java Media framwork 2.1.1e ?
Short version : How do I make Mozilla find the Java Media framework Jar's ? Long Version: On Solaris 8 : SunOS rigel 5.8 Generic_108528-27 sun4u sparc I have set up a user with these Env Variables : JMFHOME=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e CLASSPATH=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/jmf.jar:/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/sound.jar:.: And added /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH These values are Exported in /etc/profile . After following the setup instructions on this URL: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/setup-sol.html And Trying to run the di...

Upgrade of Xalan 1.2.2 and Xerces 1.4.4 to Xalan 2.6 and Xerces 2.6.2
I've been tasked with upgrading the JVM from 1.3 to 1.4, and the third party libraries used by my company on our existing Java framework. I'm most worried about any problems that may occur due to upgrading Xalan and Xerces as our framework performs much XML transformation and processing. Does anyone have a link to known issues with such an upgrade (besides the Xalan / Xerces sites) ? Or has anyone done such an upgrade and can share their pearls of wisdom? Thanks Chris ...

Conflict Java 1.3.1 and 1.4
Hey all, Question........ I use two different webpages that are Java run. One using Version 1.3 and the other 1.4. If one of the versions is installed the other page is no longer viewable and Visa versa. Is there a way to link the version to be used by the specific page? Other solutions are welcom. The two pages are not self made. (one is BMC the other is CA made) Ivo Exactly what technology are you using here? Are these pages JSP/Servlets or Applets? If you're using JSP/Servlets, you can only use one JDK version per instance of the servlet container. You can run two containers on the same machine (as long as they are bound to different ports). -Nathan ivo.mulders@abp.nl (Ivo Mulders) wrote in message news:<4dae8763.0310060117.19e03e40@posting.google.com>... > Hey all, > Question........ > I use two different webpages that are Java run. One using Version 1.3 > and the other 1.4. If one of the versions is installed the other page > is no longer viewable and Visa versa. > Is there a way to link the version to be used by the specific page? > Other solutions are welcom. The two pages are not self made. (one is > BMC the other is CA made) > Ivo ...

embedding 5.8.1 vs 5.6.1
Hello! I sucessfully embedded perl 5.6.1 into my application. Lately I tried to compile my application against perl 5.8.1. It does not want to work. In documentation I've found that I shall use PERL_SYS_INIT macro before perl_alloc. I did it. Then, I discovered that most of macros use 'my_perl' as name of PerlInterpreter (I guess that it is the name of PerlInterpreter), though documentation does not mention that I must use that name. Now everything compiles. But it crashes very quickly with SIGSEGV. Anything else that I shall change? Or shall know? TIA Andrei ...

Web resources about - Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6 - comp.lang.java.programmer

Java - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Indonesian island. For the programming language, see Java (programming language) . For other uses, see Java (disambiguation) ...

Indonesian Air Force plane crashes in residential East Java
An Indonesian Air Force plane has crashed in East Java.

Good riddance to the Java plugin
... cut down dramatically on the number of computers infected with malicious software. Good news: Oracle says the next major version of its Java ...

Contract Systems Analyst (Java//Web/SharePoint)160219/SA/vmt

Indonesian Air Force plane crashes in residential East Java
An Indonesian Air Force plane has crashed in East Java.

Deal: learn to code in Java and make Android apps for $29
... a variety of different Android-related subjects. Included classes: Learn Android Lollipop Development (& Marshmallow!) The Complete Java Developer ...

Java “RAT-as-a-Service” backdoor openly sold through website to scammers
The JSocket website: open for business on the open Web (at least right now). (credit: Sean Gallagher) A family of Java-based malware that has ...

Oracle issues an emergency patch to Java for Windows
Security problems are not new to Java, though it is, admittedly, not the only platform that suffers from these problems. Now Oracle has acknowledged ...

Emergency Java update fixes two-year-old flaw after researchers bypass old patch
Oracle has released an emergency Java security update to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to compromise computers when ...

Deadspin Up All Night: SPSS, HTML, Java, Flow Like Lava
Thank you for your continued support of Deadspin. Aluminum. Read more...