Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba

Hi,

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)

I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

Thanks!

On 2006-06-18, JC <jose.ortiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
> Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

Have a look at unixodbc

> (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server
>
> users)
> I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When
>
> I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
> domain and password and access without problems.

With smbmount you can mount the network share as if it's part of your
'regular/local' filesystem...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Tim Van Wassenhove <http://timvw.madoka.be>
JC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
> Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server
>
> (only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server
>
> users)
>

> I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When
>
> I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
> domain and password and access without problems.
>

> I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible
>
> to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
> to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

Use a JDBC driver (assuming there is one) to access it via SQL.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Martin Gregorie wrote:
> JC wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
>> Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

This is what you need:

http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/

Check the FAQ. The UnixODBC driver is included, so
you can probably use JDBC-ODBC bridge.

DG
0
usenet184 (43)