I have a few Java Developer positions in downtown Chicago. The job
descriptions are below. They are both in downtown Chicago.
TransTech Solution Staffing
www.twitter.com/christitrans - Job Updates
Referral Bonus available!
Microsoft Certified Gold Partner
WBE Certified Woman-Owned Business
Contract Length =96 9 months +
The candidate will be primarily involved with re-engineering of an
existing web application. This will include updating all aspects of
web application including changes to process flows, adding new
functionality, replacing the framework and changing look and feel to
fit in with branding standards. The candidate is also expected to
participate in development of a new testing framework around this
application. This application is used by internal as well as external
facing customers that enable the client base to search, view and edit
transactions and execute ad-hoc reports. It is required that this
candidate have an exceptional grasp of object oriented concepts, web
technologies, be proficient in writing optimized SQL and have
experience on such frameworks such as Spring. Candidate needs to be
self-motivated and be able to plan and execute based on imposed
deadlines. The candidate must have exceptional interpersonal
communications skills and support a collaborative approach to
Java Web Developer the following skills and experience:
=95 3+ years Java development experience in OO and distributed
=95 3+ years Development experience with web technologies(e.g. Spring
=95 3+ years experience with SQL and Relational databases (e.g. Oracle).
This includes having in depth experience of complex multi-table
structures. Must be able to performance tune queries to run
efficiently with high volumes of data.
=95 1+ years with Linux/Unix.
=95 Experience with Spring Framework, a must.
=95 Experience using Tomcat or other Java Application Server for
=95 Experience with Eclipse, GIT and Maven a plus.
=95 Knowledge of open source libraries such as Log4j, JUnit, Ant, UC4
and Apache Commons, a plus.
=95 Ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able to
make modifications to them.
=95 Ability to work independently.
Seeking Web Application Developer with the following skills and
- Highly Proficient in writing client/server applications using Java
EE technologies (JSP/Servlets)
- Proficient in creating rich web applications using Ajax and advanced
- Proficient using Weblogic or other Java Web Application Servers for
executing applications. Tomcat expertise is a plus.
- Proficient designing and writing Web Services in a SOA architecture
- Experience using the Spring framework for various purposes including
the data retrieval layer
- Experience using Oracle database SQL including stored procedures and
- Experience with building and packaging deployments. Maven, etc.
- Experience using and deploying applications in a Unix/Linux
environment. Shell scripting & perl are a bonus.
- Experience with automating testing such as JUnit. Extensive
knowledge of web application testing strategies & suites such as
Selenium is a plus.
- Experience with SCM tools. Git, ClearCase, SVN, etc.
- Knowldege of Continuous Integration tools. Bamboo, Cruise Control,
etc is a plus
- Knowledge of data retrieval and data parsing which follows defined
message specifications. Experience with Tibco or other data delivery
system a plus.
- Knowledge or experience creating OSGi-based applications is desired
but not necessary
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able
to make modifications to them
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently