Java help

Hii am trying to make a graphic similar to following link in Java.. orflash player have basic knowledge on Java.. but dont know flash player thatwell..please let me know its part of my class project
hjas99 (1)
6/18/2007 7:27:03 PM 52354 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:27:03 -0000, wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

>i am trying to make a graphic similar to following link in Java.. or
>flash player

If you do this is Java, you are tackling something fairly difficult
for a newbie.  There are no widgets that behave like that, so you have
to write or your own components or do it from the Canvas.paint or
JPanel.paintComponent level.

Here is how to proceed.  Write an applet the draws the bars and plops
the icons on top of them.  See
and follow links for hints on how to proceed.

Then you need to start fielding mouse click events on your canvas. You
do some division to figure out which bar the refer to and how tall you
want the bar. then you adjust the numbers for the heights of the
various bars and call repaint. Your paint then wakes up and paints the
bars the proper lengths and exits.

You might start by writing this as an application, the flip it later
to an Applet. Don't try to debug in inside a browser. That will just
drive you nuts.  See on how to
convert applets to hybrids that will also run as applications.

To get warmed up, try a static application that just draws something
rather than dynamically changing.  Learn how to draw lines, shapes,
text, images. Then deal with the complications of dynamics.
See for a sample app.

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments gratefully received. Ivan "ivan danicic" <ivan@goaway.spam> wrote in message news:aWq8f.7097$ > Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice > versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments > gratefully received. > Ivan > "jogl" is still active and probably one of the most complete. I've assumed ...

Java Web Console
Hello, What security restrictions should be considered when accessing Solaris 10 Web Console using root account? I have no problem to log in using another user account, but my root password seems not to work.... Feb 19 15:24:15 dwsol Sun Java(TM) Web Console[704]: [ID 197375 daemon.warning] Authentication of user {0} failed. bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver status Sun Java(TM) Web Console is running bash-3.00# cacaoadm restart bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver restart Restarting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ... The console is running bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep webconsole onli...

Need help in using GUI to load a mat file
Hi all, I shall go straight to the point.I load and use the variables within a mat file for my GUI.I'm using a pushbutton to load the mat file and under the callback i put: %-------------------------------------------------- %ggg is the name of the matfile load('ggg'); %--------------------------------------------------- However nothing happens at all.I don't see the variables within my workspace.Can anyone help me here?Basically,i would like to be able to retrieve variables from the mat file and use in my GUI.Your help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks and Cheers Hi, W...

Need help with query
I'm stuck on a query. Can someone help? It looks like this: table countries ( ctryID int, ... country attributes ..., primary key (ctryID) ); table visited ( ctryID int, travelerID int ); A traveler has visited a country if the visited table has both the ctryID and the travelerID. There will be no duplicates of ctryID/travelerID tuples. I'm not interested in counting how many times the traveler visits each country ... only that they have or haven't visited. Assuming a current traveler with travelerID=2, find all country IDs (ctryID) that the traveler hasn't visited. Th...

Java run-time error in starting Hudson
I followed the instructions to install Hudson at Simply download hudson.war and run java -jar hudson.war But I get this run-time error: Running from: /cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/hudson/hudson.war [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:09:41] - Beginning extraction from war file [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:10:06] - No webapp classes folder found - / cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/.hudson/war/WEB-INF/classes 20-Jul-09 1:10:06 PM hudson.WebAppMain contextInitialized SEVERE: Failed to initialize Hudson java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hudson.model.Hudson ...

Urgent Help #16
I can't understand the matlab code of algorithm of ("FAST UNFOLDING OF COMMUNITIES IN LARGE NETWORKS). can anyone helps me . thanks in advance ...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk - Transcendence UK - A UK political party - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <

Need Help With HP Mouse
I'm using a cordless, rechargable HP mouse, # PP034AA. It works OK for a while, then starts shaking and jumping all over the screen. I'll put the curser in one place, and the next second it's moved down to the Start button or somewhere else. I have a hard time controlling it sometimes. I've gone to the control panel and tried to find a way to fix it there, but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions? "Mustang5" <> wrote in message news:aqvcg.75918$ > I'm using a cordless, rechargable...

Calling IDL Objects from JAVA
Folks, We are working on a new web portal that uses JAVA code for most of its operations. We wish to add some graphical functionality to the web page, so we are using the JAVA bridge to call some already defined IDL objects that open a file, process the data, create a PNG file, and display it on the web page. All of this works reasonably well. (We have had some weird problems with the IDL JAVA Bridge Assistant Wizard, or whatever it is calling itself these days, but for the moment we have overcome these.) Our main problem is that our IDL objects use a LOT of keywords in their methods. Spec...

Re: Some Help with the Big Picture #3
Kevin, I learned a lot about this when I worked for a big shop; now that I'm on = my own again, I have to keep reminding myself to do these standards! Ideas: At least starting to move the code to a centralized place, such as one = folder under the server, would be a great help. In a large shop, such as when I was working on the Informm Patient = Record at the Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (which was = PowerBuilder), we had a folder for all code. Actually, four sub-folders = are ideal: one for "Production" code, which is code currently in use, = one for "Demo"...

US-NJ: Princeton-Jr. Java Web Developer
************************************************************** - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Jr. Java Web Developer J...

help me #5 1087945
how v can compile a jsp file. It is compiled by the webserver. wrote: > how v can compile a jsp file. Who is 'v'? ...

Java navigation bar
Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation bar? I assume it is javascript In article <>, kkiely@aol.comnojunk enlightened us with... > Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation > bar? I assume it is javascript > Why re-invent the wheel? There's tons of free ones out there. Try ------------------------------------------------- ~kaeli~ Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich. http://www...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411) ============================================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ZYD00205 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2040 h Skills: Progressive information technology experience and responsibility. Knowledge of Internet application servers (especially Web Logic), Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux, Oracle, OO analysis/design, and multiple programming languages. ...

Practically Free Live 3 to 5 day Online Codecamps on Grails, Rails, jQuery, Spring, Java SE, Java EE, HTML5, Android
From July 23rd, 2013, is going to offer 3 to 5 days "live", "i= nstructor-led", "hands-on" style, "intensity guaranteed" codecamps (be read= y to code!) to all paying members of for free. Yes, for FREE. = Each of these codecamps would typically cost between $2000 to $4000. Now w= ith a paying membership of, which is $99 per year for now, you= can attend all of these live codecamps without paying a single extra dolla= r. Moving forward, we are planning to offer one or two codecamps per month.= Popular code...

Help with spim
Hi, I am planning to test the executable generated by my compiler using SPIM by printing register values after each store instruction. Is there a simple command that I can use to do the above ? Any links and/or references will be appreciated. Thanks, Darth [SPIM is a MIPS32 simulator, -John] ...

Help: What is my root (su) password?
When I open a terminal and type "su" it asks for the superuser (root) password. But I don't have one! What I have is my Administrator password, but su won't accept it. I can do system-level commands only with sudo. But I how can I start su? It's weird. How do I get the real root password? When I set up my computer I was never asked to give a password other than the Administrator password. And that one works for programs like FinkCommander... But su needs an even higher pass it seems? Thanks, Markus In article <>, Markus De...

java.policy question 471540
First let me say that I've used Google and come up with numerous answers (too numerous!). I'm really looking for pointers more than the direct answers as direct answer will most likely leave me with more questions. I'm currently running Sun Java 1.5.0 and the initial work is on Firefox 1.0. Later I'll work on IE. I'm working on an applet which will eventually sit on a device where it will be served from. But for now I need to run the applet from another machine and, of course, it gets a security violation. To get around this I search the web and found that I can change the...

help with locating an unnamed application on system
Hi I am running the latest version of mandriva with kde and there is an application running that once in a while pops up for 5 seconds with a message like "new messages on slasdot/google groups". The message is sort of yeallowish tooltip window just above the start bar. I have tried finding out what this program is so I can either close it configure it, but I have no clue. does anybody recognise this app? tom On 2006-08-26, Tom Fields wrote: > Hi > > I am running the latest version of mandriva with kde and there is an > application running that once in a while po...

requirement for Java multi thread @sunnyvale, ca
hi Folks, Job Title: Java Multi-Threading Location : Sunnyvale, CA Duration: 12 months Need a hands-on developer with: * Strong server side Java skills * Fluent in developing multi-threaded apps * Experience developing applications with Cassandra with high read/write operations * Comfortable performance tuning app * Developed apps on Linux Strong JAVA experience building Multithreading / Scalable applications SEND RESUMES TO JWHITE@JBSAC.COM ...

DECServer 700 help
OK - it's been a while since I worked with a DECServer 700 so I wonder if anyone can please give me some advice and/or help? I am trying to configure a reverse LAT port from an Alpha GS140 to a DECServer 700. I have a 4800 baud clock signal that will go into the DECServer on port 7 and have VMS get the signal on LTA7. The clock is ansi characters in the format: 203:00:00:02B I have looked at this signal on a VT320 on a crash cart and it is OK. (4800 baud, XON, 1 stop bit, noparity). The cable is connected via a null modem into port 7 of the DS700. Here's how the server port is co...

Please help, value from "Radio button set"
I have a field that uses "Radio button set" for input with values from a Yes-No-List. Before, I use "Y" and "N" in the Yes-No-List when I change to "Yes" and "No", all data disappear !!! How can I keep all the data but displaying "Yes" and "No" instead of "Y" and "N" ? Thank you for your help The data did not dissapear, none of the data match the new list options. Y is not = Yes N is not = No SO, create a layout with the field set as text find all Y replace all with YES find all N replac...

Will Kerberos help for this?
I was thinking about the value of single signon for a small network of Solaris 10 development servers. Right now people send me their RSA pubkey and that's what they authenticate with to sign onto my systems (RSA only). From that point of view they already have single sign on. I looked briefly at the Solaris Security Administration Guide and they list only a few commands as being kerberized (ftp, rcp, telnet, ssh, and a few more). Given ssh via RSA only is much stronger than any password, is there any value in setting up Kerberos in this scenario? I guess if you have a large multi user de...

Java 6 Update 4 Application JDialog labelled (Java Applet Window)
Running Vista, Home Premium; Java 1.6 SERVER VM Update 4 using thefollowing command line:java.exe -server -dsa -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Xbatch -Xss256k -Xms300m -Xmx300m -Xnoclassgc -XX:+RelaxAccessControlCheck -XX:MaxInlineSize=8192 -XX:-DontCompileHugeMethods -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -XX:-TieredCompilation -XX:CompileThreshold=20 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=150 -XX:CICompilerCount=1 -XX:ThreadStackSize=256 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cpsZoneTrader.jar;sZoneTraderAuth.jar;sZoneTraderSounds.jar;sZoneTraderChart.jar;sZoneTraderContracts.jarcom/twc/trader...

Help needed to start with RoR
Hi, I am a new guy to enter the world of RoR. I am still in my college and will be graduating in September this year. I have worked a bit in RoR but all of my projects were non commercial and made just for fun and learning.Now I am seriously thinking of making a career in RoR. I would like to know what are the prospects and what is a good place to start with ? I mean materials to learn RoR ..... Thanks for the time and help in advance. -- Posted via [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Rushabh Ha...