java plugin for linux firefox 3.6

Hi,
as for older versions of firefox I did this :
ln -s /home/thorsten/jdk1.7.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so .mozilla/plugins/ -f
But this doesn't work anymore.
Has something changed in 3.6 ?

Regards
Thorsten

0
cylinder2 (11)
3/25/2010 12:53:44 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 25/03/10 12:53, Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
> as for older versions of firefox I did this :
> ln -s /home/thorsten/jdk1.7.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so .mozilla/plugins/ -f
> But this doesn't work anymore.
> Has something changed in 3.6 ?

Yes - just discovered how to fix that myself.  Look for a libnpjp2.so
file in the JRE, and symlink to that.

--
ss at comp dot lancs dot ac dot uk

0
Steven
3/25/2010 2:33:47 PM
Steven Simpson wrote:

> On 25/03/10 12:53, Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
>> as for older versions of firefox I did this :
>> ln -s /home/thorsten/jdk1.7.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>> .mozilla/plugins/ -f But this doesn't work anymore.
>> Has something changed in 3.6 ?
>>

> Yes - just discovered how to fix that myself.  Look for a libnpjp2.so
> file in the JRE, and symlink to that.

Mucha Gracias, how did you find that out ?

0
Thorsten
3/26/2010 10:48:24 AM
On 26/03/10 10:48, Thorsten Kiefer wrote:
> Steven Simpson wrote:
>
>> Yes - just discovered how to fix that myself.  Look for a libnpjp2.so
>> file in the JRE, and symlink to that.
>>
> Mucha Gracias, how did you find that out ?

I probably should have gone to the source:

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/install/jre/manual-plugin-install-linux.html>

....but I just anticipated that Google would have crawled a few relevant
web-forum threads by now.

--
ss at comp dot lancs dot ac dot uk

0
Steven

java
Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments gratefully received. Ivan "ivan danicic" <ivan@goaway.spam> wrote in message news:aWq8f.7097$iD.5529@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello All, What is the present state of opengl 'binding' to java (or vice > versa). The picture emerging from the internet confuses me. Any comments > gratefully received. > Ivan > "jogl" is still active and probably one of the most complete. I've assumed ...

Java Web Console
Hello, What security restrictions should be considered when accessing Solaris 10 Web Console using root account? I have no problem to log in using another user account, but my root password seems not to work.... Feb 19 15:24:15 dwsol Sun Java(TM) Web Console[704]: [ID 197375 daemon.warning] Authentication of user {0} failed. bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver status Sun Java(TM) Web Console is running bash-3.00# cacaoadm restart bash-3.00# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver restart Restarting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ... The console is running bash-3.00# svcs -a |grep webconsole onli...

Re: User-Data level locking #3
Having only worked with Cognos cubes and data definitions and Business Objects data definitions (and not sas EG), I will report that using row level security adds a HUGE amount of processing overhead--even if the table (s) are indexed on whatever security filter you're using. The performance impact is noticable on small tables (10,000 rows), and slows to a crawl on large tables (10,000,000 records). Of course, your performance may vary, and may be somewhat dependent on your database platform (and how much memory you have, etc. etc.). You can implement Howard's suggestion by adding a...

Sony: Linux in Your Car
http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6146656870.html Sony introduced three Linux-based in-car navigation and infotainment devices in Japan today. The NV-XYZ 33, 55, and 77 feature 3D map navigation technology, media players, hard drives, GPS, and PC connectivity. And they are based on a Linux 2.4-series kernel. -- w:4 ...

sqlite 3 error
I typed the following in my browser http://localhost:3000/My_test and the following error occurred. MissingSourceFile in My testController#index no such file to load -- sqlite3 RAILS_ROOT: C:/rails/cookbook Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace This error occurred while loading the following files: sqlite3 Request Parameters: None Show session dump --- flash: !map:ActionController::Flash::FlashHash {} Response Headers: {"cookie"=>[], "Cache-Control"=>"no-cache"} can anyone tell me how this error can be resolved.. -- Posted via...

solvarc: plots a circular arc from 3 points on cirumference
I just finished a little program to plot a circular arc (using P.S. arc) from the specification of 3 points. It is easier to use, for some purposes than arc itselt. "Phillip L. Emerson" <abuelojoe@centurytel.net> wrote in news:qr2dnSrm3tocoHvYnZ2dnUVZ_q-vnZ2d@centurytel.net: > I just finished a little program to plot a circular arc > (using P.S. arc) > from the specification of 3 points. It is easier to use, > for some > purposes than arc itselt. > Would you care to share the code with us? Or link to a web page where it's posted? I att...

Java run-time error in starting Hudson
I followed the instructions to install Hudson at http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2007/03/installing_huds.html Simply download hudson.war and run java -jar hudson.war But I get this run-time error: Running from: /cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/hudson/hudson.war [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:09:41] - Beginning extraction from war file [Winstone 2009/07/20 13:10:06] - No webapp classes folder found - / cgbu/home0/cgbubldt/.hudson/war/WEB-INF/classes 20-Jul-09 1:10:06 PM hudson.WebAppMain contextInitialized SEVERE: Failed to initialize Hudson java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hudson.model.Hudson ...

US-TX-Austin: System S/W Developers, C/C++, Linux, VoIP, 6-12mos. (45295257611)
US-TX-Austin: System S/W Developers, C/C++, Linux, VoIP, 6-12mos. (45295257611) ================================================================================ Position: System S/W Developers Reference: MKS00004 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6-12mos Skills: Skills 5+ years of software systems development 5+ years of C/C++ commercial product development 3+ years of development on the Linux platform. Have a broad skill set in development with specific skill set in voice, networking & c...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

[News] Ext3 Fileystem for Linux Makes Progress
Linux: ext4 Development Status ,----[ Quoet ] | The whole point of having ext4 in the kernel is to do development | upstream, in the public view, getting new stuff in ASAP (even if that | means changing or pulling some stuff later). `---- http://kerneltrap.org/node/8119 Related: Only minor upgrades for Linux ,----[ Quote ] | It seems that the Linux community is happy with the progress of its | kernel development. | | [...] | | Included as well are early experimental components such as the EXT4 | file system, which is an evolution of the currently popular EXT3 | file system. `---- ...

need information for linux pda
Hi I've been doing apps for windows and mac with wxWidgets. Now I plan to develop an application that will run on linux pda, using wxGtk. I don't know where to start ! - Do I need a linux pc ? - What pda should I choose ? and will my program run on any linux pda ? - Where to find a compiler for linux pda ? Thanks for any info -- Riccardo Cohen Articque Les Roches 37230 Fondettes France web = http://www.articque.com tel: +33 02 47 49 90 49 fax: +33 02 47 49 91 49 --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx...

Calling IDL Objects from JAVA
Folks, We are working on a new web portal that uses JAVA code for most of its operations. We wish to add some graphical functionality to the web page, so we are using the JAVA bridge to call some already defined IDL objects that open a file, process the data, create a PNG file, and display it on the web page. All of this works reasonably well. (We have had some weird problems with the IDL JAVA Bridge Assistant Wizard, or whatever it is calling itself these days, but for the moment we have overcome these.) Our main problem is that our IDL objects use a LOT of keywords in their methods. Spec...

Gates: Linux Is Too Pricey
More evidence that Gates is not only out of touch about Linux, but about his own software suite as well: http://www.alwayson-network.com/comments.php?id=1850_0_1_0_C But we do think of Linux as a significant competitor. Although, its really not Linux by itself. Keep in mind that when people want to do a directory, when they want to do a file server, they have to buy or install a ton of other software on top of Linux. And against that, we are way cheaper, way simpler, with one unified architecture that exists throughout the computing environment. What hogwash. -- No, ...

US-NJ: Princeton-Jr. Java Web Developer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Jr. Java Web Developer J...

multiple addresses from same isp, passwords, in version 6
Testing version 6. So it turns out that, although I can request another email address than one that begins with meirman, I automatically have two more addresses with meirman and two other domains. So I made new personalities in Version 6 for these two, and EVERY time I check my mail, it asks for my password for two of my three addresses! Often it is erols and 2; often it is 2 and 3, and rarely it asks for erols and 3. (When I only had one personality, it asked EVERY time for my password.) The messages go by quickly, but it must be accepting my passwords, because I've gotten...

Netsurf problem #3
Since 28th July I have been unable to to search via Netsurf on my Iyonix. Any attempt to search via Google produces a strange drawing and the message: "Error 403: Your client does not have permission to get URL/CSE?..." followed by a long string of letters, symbols and digits, followed by "That's all we know" Everything else works perfectly, including searching via Firefox (Bon Echo). I can access websites via stored URLs and Netsurf on the icon bar. Contacting Google via Netsurf seems to be the only problem. I cannot find anything on the net about this trouble. Can ...

Java navigation bar
Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation bar? I assume it is javascript In article <20031015232805.29165.00000668@mb-m06.aol.com>, kkiely@aol.comnojunk enlightened us with... > Anyone know a good site that'll teach you how to make a drop-down navigation > bar? I assume it is javascript > Why re-invent the wheel? There's tons of free ones out there. Try http://www.dynamicdrive.com ------------------------------------------------- ~kaeli~ Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich. http://www...

No more access to characters in strings in PHP 6?
Just saw a message in pl.comp.lang.php, which states that the following message has appeared in the PHP CVS snapshot: Usage of {} to access string offsets is deprecated and will be removed in PHP 6 What do you think of that? Chung Leong wrote: > Usage of {} to access string offsets is deprecated and will be removed > in PHP 6 > > What do you think of that? That would be a shocker, unless they intend to go back to array-type indexing with square brackets (deprecated as of v4). I must admit I don't use it very often, but it's kind of a standard feature for any language,...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360214411) ============================================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ZYD00205 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2040 h Skills: Progressive information technology experience and responsibility. Knowledge of Internet application servers (especially Web Logic), Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux, Oracle, OO analysis/design, and multiple programming languages. ...

Linux niiiiigers
Linux is for losers Read my book. It's a sacred relic. I hold it between my cheeks every night as I stroke my asshole, thinking about the merits of using Windows over your commiesoft crap. It's called WATCH OUT! Ha! I'm a scary little bitch. It was almost called WATCH OUT, OR I'll ANALLY RAPE YOUR ASS. Your friend, Dr. Joseph Suglia JSuglia@co.adams.co.us jsuglia@kpmg.com jsuglia@standarspeaker.com jsuglia@yahoo.com josephsuglia@yahoo.com jsuglia@depaul.edu PS: You're all full of queer On Nov 4, 3:30 am, Joseph Suglia <jsug...@grad.com> wrote: > Linux is fo...

Practically Free Live 3 to 5 day Online Codecamps on Grails, Rails, jQuery, Spring, Java SE, Java EE, HTML5, Android
From July 23rd, 2013, JPassion.com is going to offer 3 to 5 days "live", "i= nstructor-led", "hands-on" style, "intensity guaranteed" codecamps (be read= y to code!) to all paying members of JPassion.com for free. Yes, for FREE. = Each of these codecamps would typically cost between $2000 to $4000. Now w= ith a paying membership of JPassion.com, which is $99 per year for now, you= can attend all of these live codecamps without paying a single extra dolla= r. Moving forward, we are planning to offer one or two codecamps per month.= Popular code...

Cross Realm Authentication #3
Hi all,I've right setted up a multi realm KDC. My setting is the following: I have 2 realm SOLARIS and SOLARIS2. I can right authenticate on machine having the ticket for that realm machine. With a ticket for realm SOLARIS I can authenticate on machines that have as the default realm SOLARIS and the same for the realm SOLARIS2. Now, i want to obtain that with a ticket for SOLARIS realm i can authenticate on SOLARIS2 realm based machine. I putted in the KDC the realm krbtgt/SOLARIS@SOLARIS2 but it doesn't work, reading guide on cross realm authentication they said that adding this pa...

java.policy question 471540
First let me say that I've used Google and come up with numerous answers (too numerous!). I'm really looking for pointers more than the direct answers as direct answer will most likely leave me with more questions. I'm currently running Sun Java 1.5.0 and the initial work is on Firefox 1.0. Later I'll work on IE. I'm working on an applet which will eventually sit on a device where it will be served from. But for now I need to run the applet from another machine and, of course, it gets a security violation. To get around this I search the web and found that I can change the...

requirement for Java multi thread @sunnyvale, ca
hi Folks, Job Title: Java Multi-Threading Location : Sunnyvale, CA Duration: 12 months Need a hands-on developer with: * Strong server side Java skills * Fluent in developing multi-threaded apps * Experience developing applications with Cassandra with high read/write operations * Comfortable performance tuning app * Developed apps on Linux Strong JAVA experience building Multithreading / Scalable applications SEND RESUMES TO JWHITE@JBSAC.COM ...

[News] Linux Ultra-mobile PC Scores 9 out of 10
Nokia's cheap UMPC alternative is future-proof ,----[ Quote ] | Nokia released its first Linux-based pocket tablet a couple years | ago. The 770 was a good proof of concept but failed to ignite the | public imagination. Recently, the firm released the N800, the 770's | successor, and with it, the expensive UMPC vendor camp and the PDA | vendors both have something to worry about. `---- http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38632 Also covered (in part) here: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38629 Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Nokia's cheap UMPC alterna...