java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature

Hi,

Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to
conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT.

Thanks
Maneesh

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518)
        at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23)
        at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2422)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:199)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:700)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

0
mmanocha (7)

Maneesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to
> conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT.
>
> Thanks
> Maneesh
>
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
> class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Snip

Did you include the mysql connector library in your class path?
Something like:
	mysql-connector-java-3.0.7-stable-bin.jar
If you don't have it, download it from mysql.com.

  -Misk
0
mwijekoon1 (25)
8/5/2005 6:14:23 AM
copy the lib file of MYSQL JDBC driver to directory /WEB-INF/lib, or
tomcat_home/common/lib

Missaka Wijekoon :

> Maneesh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to
> > conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Maneesh
> >
> > org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
> > class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause:
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
> >         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> >         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
> Snip
>
> Did you include the mysql connector library in your class path?
> Something like:
> 	mysql-connector-java-3.0.7-stable-bin.jar
> If you don't have it, download it from mysql.com.
>
>   -Misk

0
xyjshell (1)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-so...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, > should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action > will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a > matter at all? Whether and how you import classes has exactly zero effect at runtime. Imports (with or without wildcards) are only a kind of abbreviation provided by the compiler to save us the effort of typing in fully-qualified type names every time. In theory explicit importing should make compilation faster -- by a very tiny amount. I've never heard anyone claim that they've even managed to measure a difference let alone found a case where it made a practical difference. So the question comes down to how to write your code for maximum clarity. One school of thought asserts that you should always import each class explicitly (rather than by a wildcard). There's a fai...

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

NEWBIE: Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/
Dear Readers, the last time I saw people asking this question was in 2000 and 2001 and no one has concluded it as to how they resolved the issue. I wrote my sample program using Eclipse. that compiled and ran to display the results at the bottom. wanted to familiarize with the tool. so wrote the program and compiled the program. when i compiled at command line, the program compiled fine. when i try to ran it: it gave the Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: DisplayApp/java/ error. eclipse had a bunch of jar files from the c:\jsdk1.4.2._05 lib files under it. so i changed the clas...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I am getting the following error message when I tried to deploy the application in qa environment. The application works fine in production. I am pretty new to java world not sure what needs to be changed. Any help is appreciated. ####<Jun 12, 2006 11:49:54 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <oq2genbeal20.qa2.collegeboard.cb> <taz-02> <ExecuteThread: '36' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <BEA-101017> <[ServletContext(id=69309787,name=olrWebApp,context-path=/olrWebApp)] Root cause of ServletExc...

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Hi, When running my app from within NetBeans it works perfectly but when I start the dist jar version (all up to date) I get this error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: FilmGUI/jar 'java' is in the classpath and the same thing happens regardless of whether I use the jre or jdk version of java.exe (OS: Win 2000 Pro, JDK 1.5.0.01, JRE 1.5.0.01, NetBeans 4.0). Strangely if I run the dist jar file from the command line I get the error specified but I also have a shortcut on my desktop to the jar file in question and if I launch that with a doub...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
When I tried to make standalone application in matalb,I got this message and could not continue "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.mathworks.toolbox.compiler.plugin.MccWrapper" >> I cannot fix it.Any one who can help? ...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I get the error Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when I type java app2 in the command prompt. I've tried moving to the jre directory and typed java c:\app2\app2, but it gives me the same exception. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance, Lem There is nothing wrong with the code, it compiles fine, moreover the sdk examples do not work as well. Lem In article <bg0ogg$qui$1@nobel.pacific.net.sg>, Lem wrote: > There is nothing wrong with the code, it compiles fine, moreover the sdk > examples do not work as well....

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError (AGAIN!)
Searching google, I know this question has been asked tens of thousands of times, and after reading hundreds of answers I'm still perplexed. After 2 weeks, I thrown in the towel and implore you for some assistance. I wrote a program using NetBeans 4.0. Naturally, I can run the program within the IDE. I can also run the class file with the vendor jar file from the command line just fine, but when I try to run my program as a jar file, I'm running into problems. (why am I getting this error?) K:\FTPTest\FTP\dist>java classpath=.;k:\edtftpj.jar -jar FTP.jar Exception in thread &q...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
I'm stumped. I've created a little applet with some buttons. It runs fine on machine with NetBeans IDE 3.5.1 installed, where I wrote it. I "net use" the same directory on another Windows XP machine, and instead of running the Java Console tells me this: Error loading class: but.Buttons java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: but.Buttons at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedClassLoad at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent...

JDOM: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content
When I run the successfully compiled java source shown at the end I got a runtime error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content Where is the missing class ? I copied the newest jdom.jar from newest JDOM release b10 to the folder jdk\jre\lib\endorsed Is this not enough ? Bernd org.jdom.Content is in jdom.jar. Note that this class does not exist in some previous versions of jdom.jar (for example the version which comes with b8 which I just checked). Personally, I wouldn't store jdom.jar in jdk\jre\lib\endorsed. Make certain your CLASSPA...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openorb/util/urlhandler/HandlerLoader
Hi , i am getting following error while initialize the orb .. HandlerLoader class not found ... Can one tell me in which jar file I can find the HandlerLoader class to resolve the issues . I have search on google also but I didnt get the jar file. Please help me out its very urgent. org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to initialize orb loader (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openorb/util/urlhandler/HandlerLoader) vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No at org.openorb.orb.core.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:1127) at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:337) at OpenORBTest.<init...

HIBERNATE
Hi, I have a web application. When I run it on the server I get this :( java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/Configuration Can anybody help me please? Thank you :) Hi, On 8 Dez., 10:41, Eleanna Skouta <pigou...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a web application. When I run it on the server I get this :( > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/Configuration > > Can anybody help me please? Do you have the hibernate jar-files in the classpath, when running your application on the server? HTH Ewald Ewald Ertl wrote: > On 8 Dez...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
Hello, I have implemented some of the libraries from the Axis 1.1 package and getting a NoClassDefFoundError exception when running it under Tomcat 4.1.24 (the compilation was performed with j2sdk 1.4.2_04-b05). Running the same war in Tomcat 4.1.31 does not cause any problems. Comparing the contents of the common/endorsed dirs of both Tomcat releases, showed that the 4.1.31 release contains the Xerces xmlParserAPIs.jar while the 4.1.24 doesn't. Does copying this war to the 4.1.24 common/endorsed dir really solves my problem or should the Tomcat server be upgraded? ...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Web resources about - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature - comp.lang.java.programmer