Is there any free utilities I can use to view the memory used by all
objects so I can track down the offending code?

thanks

Tim

0
timasmith (244)

Maybe JConsole will help you out enough.

Cheers.
Opalinski
opalpa@gmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/opalpaweb/

0
opalpa (344)
5/8/2006 2:02:04 AM
Thanks, I figured out how to use hprof and it seems that something went
nuts around date formatting - this trace is repeat hundereds of
times...

	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.getContents(DateFormatZoneData.java:164)
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144)

TRACE 304641:
	java.text.DateFormat$Field.<clinit>(DateFormat.java:717)
	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<clinit>(SimpleDateFormat.java:878)
TRACE 304642:
	java.text.AttributedCharacterIterator$Attribute.<init>(AttributedCharacterIterator.java:81)
	java.text.Format$Field.<init>(Format.java:334)
TRACE 304643:
	java.text.Format.<init>(Format.java:116)
	java.text.DateFormat.<init>(DateFormat.java:694)
TRACE 304644:
	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:445)
	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:427)
TRACE 304645:
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.<init>(DateFormatSymbols.java:102)
	java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:445)
TRACE 304646:
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.cacheLookup(DateFormatSymbols.java:413)
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.initializeData(DateFormatSymbols.java:468)
TRACE 304647:
	java.util.ResourceBundle.<init>(ResourceBundle.java:269)
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.<init>(DateFormatZoneData.java:64)
TRACE 304648:
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.cacheLookup(DateFormatSymbols.java:419)
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.initializeData(DateFormatSymbols.java:468)
TRACE 304649:
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.initializeData(DateFormatSymbols.java:479)
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.<init>(DateFormatSymbols.java:103)
TRACE 304650:
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.initializeData(DateFormatSymbols.java:484)
	java.text.DateFormatSymbols.<init>(DateFormatSymbols.java:103)
TRACE 304651:
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData_en.getContents(DateFormatZoneData_en.java:53)
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144)
TRACE 304652:
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData_en.getContents(DateFormatZoneData_en.java:53)
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144)
TRACE 304653:
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.getContents(DateFormatZoneData.java:162)
	sun.text.resources.DateFormatZoneData.loadLookup(DateFormatZoneData.java:144)

0
timasmith (244)

HI, has anyone seen this? I have a multithreaded app, using Postgres JDBC running on Solaris - Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode). Randomly, I get the j"ava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". But Checking it, Runtime.freeMemory, JConsole and YourKit all say that The heap is using 200Mb when -Xmx is 400Mb. The machine has 1 Gb of RAM, and should easily be able to malloc more memory for the VM. Does anybody have any clues? This is really confusing me. Thanks in advance. James. Hello, Fragmented heap can be a cause: there are ...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
Does anyone have any ideas on why that happened: [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Explaining the situation. I have such code: for (int i=0; i<10000-1; i++) { for (int j=i+1; j<10000; j++) { compareElements(arr[i], arr[j]); } } Element of the array is a simple class that has two fields (one is string and another is BitVector) and getters and setters for those fields. Function compareElements compares the BitVectors of two elements. Now the problem: when I run the code, program runs only till then 1334 element in t...

Dear all, While trying to load a big table, I received the following error. Is there any way to circumvent this problem without doing additional programming? Thanks you help, Kirill Andreev ??? Java exception occurred: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source) at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.toolbox.database.fetchTheData.dataFetch(fetchTheData.java: 740) Error in ==> cursor....

Hello all, how is everyone doing; good I hope. Anyways, I was wondering how I can edit the jvm settings. I have the following error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space I read that this is caused by not having the jvm set high enough in memory; or an infinite loop. If I try to edit the jvm settings; do I do this in eclipse or add some commands to my actually code? Any thoughs, always apprecited thanks again. "Michael" <mbialowas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:TtWZf.8710$nf7.4484@pd7tw1no... > Hello all, how is everyone do...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space how can I solve this error? I create a file C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2009b\bin\win32 with the name java.opts with -Xmx2024m and I got the same error "Norberto Barroca" <norberto.barroca@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hh5gga$nc8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I'm using matlab 7.9.0 and I got this error: > Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space > > how ...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space JEditor Pane
Folks i have a simple program mport java.awt.*; import java.awt.event.*; import javax.swing.*; import javax.swing.event.*; import javax.swing.event.HyperlinkListener; import javax.swing.event.HyperlinkEvent; import java.util.*; public class MyPanel extends JPanel implements HyperlinkListener { private JEditorPane J; private JTextArea jt; public MyPanel() { //construct components J = new JEditorPane (); jt=new JTextArea(5,5); //adjust size and set layout setPreferredSize (new Dimension (781, 508)); setLayout (null); //add co...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #3
2007a, student version on windoz XP SP2. I use GUIDE, and after sometime of using it, I notice it gets sluggish in its response to editing and I see the following Java errors on the console: "Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" I am not sure why it runs out of RAM so fast. as I have 4 GB of physical RAM. I did a google on the above and I see that others have seen this. I wonder if there is any update on this problem that someone from Mathworks or others can comment on. Is this still a problem in later Matlab releases...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
loadSigButton.addActionListener(new ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) { boolean blnImport = false; String path = txtPath.getText(); int pathlength = path.length(); if (pathlength != 0) { sigObj.autoKeyStart(); sigObj.setAutoKeyData("Sample Encryption Data"); sigObj.autoKeyFinish(); sigObj.setEncryptionMode(2); System.out.println("set encription mode"); sigObj.getXExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition1"); sigObj.getYExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition2"+fileName); blnImport = sigObj.im...

Big txt file
When I tried to open a big text file in matlab 7.9.0(R2009b) I have this error. How can I solve this problem Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at sun.font.GlyphList.ensureCapacity(Unknown Source) at sun.font.GlyphList.setFromChars(Unknown Source) at sun.java2d.pipe.GlyphListPipe.drawChars(Unknown Source) at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.drawChars(Unknown Source) at org.netbeans.editor.DrawGraphics$GraphicsDG.flush(DrawGraphics.java:633) at org.netbeans.editor.DrawGraphics$GraphicsDG.flush(DrawGraphics.java:522) at org.netbeans.edito...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

User-defined java objects : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Hello, I am interfacing Java with Matlab, using my proper Java Classes. After 3 runs I have the following message : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError and of course my application crash. I tried to clear the objects I have created, but not successfully. The memory used by Matlab stays reasonable (given by command 'whos' when running). So that I don't understand where do the memory fail : is that from the Java Virtual Machine ? How can I resolve this problem ? Some help would be really appreciated... Thank's ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during com...

Web resources about - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space - comp.lang.java.programmer