java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate

I was asked to do a little command line program that will make sure a server
is up and listening on a port.  I need to send it a little transaction and
print out the reply.  It's an https:// connection, and I'm getting
"java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted
certificate"

On Redhat 8, Mozilla and Konqueror both complain that the certificate
signing authority is unknown or invalid.  It is a Verisign certificate, but
it does appear to be slightly different, it comes from "Verisign
International Server CA - Class 3".  IE on WinXP does not complain about
the certificate.

I think I got past this once by exporting the certificate on the server and
importing it into the keystore with the 'keytool' utility.  However, this
time the server isn't mine.  I've tried exporting the certificate from  IE
and importing it with 'keytool' (the default password is 'changeit').  But
I still get the same error.

Any ideas on what to try next would be appreciated!

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ
0

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate #2
When I try to access some resourse on my web server through HTTPs it through the following exception . java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate Any information on this would be highly helpful. Thanks Trilochan Trilochan wrote: > When I try to access some resourse on my web server through HTTPs it > through the following exception . > > java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted > certificate > > Any information on this would be highly helpful. > > Thanks > Trilochan It means that the CA which signed ...

client authentication in tomcat fails: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted certificate
Hi, I have been trying to get client authentication running with Tomcat. However, I keep getting the following exception from tomcat: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted certificate I have set clientAuth=true in server.xml of Tomcat. Also Ive created a keystore file and specified it correctly in server.xml. I say "correctly" because with clientAuth=false, everything's working fine. I have also configured the client to send the certificate to the server during the handshake using the following code: try{ SSLContext ctx; KeyManagerFactory kmf; Ke...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

java.security.acl.Permission vs java.security.Permission
Hi Interfaces in java.security.acl package accept java.security.acl.Permission interface as their parameters, not java.security.Permission. Why is it so? Why there are two different Permissions which are seem to be related, and can be one. Amir Pashazadeh ...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during com...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-so...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

Web resources about - java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate - comp.lang.java.programmer