java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate #2

When I try to access some resourse on my web server through HTTPs it
through the following exception .

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted
certificate

Any information on this would be highly helpful.

Thanks
Trilochan
0
tcpatro (1)

Trilochan wrote:
> When I try to access some resourse on my web server through HTTPs it
> through the following exception .
>
> java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted
> certificate
>
> Any information on this would be highly helpful.
>
> Thanks
> Trilochan

It means that the CA which signed the server certificate is unknown
to the application. You either have to import it on the client or
have the server support staff have their cert signed by a recognized
authority like Thawte et al.

0
bitbucket44 (1435)

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate
I was asked to do a little command line program that will make sure a server is up and listening on a port. I need to send it a little transaction and print out the reply. It's an https:// connection, and I'm getting "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate" On Redhat 8, Mozilla and Konqueror both complain that the certificate signing authority is unknown or invalid. It is a Verisign certificate, but it does appear to be slightly different, it comes from "Verisign International Server CA - Class 3". IE on WinXP does n...

client authentication in tomcat fails: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted certificate
Hi, I have been trying to get client authentication running with Tomcat. However, I keep getting the following exception from tomcat: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Couldn't find trusted certificate I have set clientAuth=true in server.xml of Tomcat. Also Ive created a keystore file and specified it correctly in server.xml. I say "correctly" because with clientAuth=false, everything's working fine. I have also configured the client to send the certificate to the server during the handshake using the following code: try{ SSLContext ctx; KeyManagerFactory kmf; Ke...

Certified Java Programmer (Sun Java 2)
I'm very interested in Java, and I would very much like to work with Java as a professional programmer. I have a degree as an electronics engineer (from 1996), but unfortunately, I can't get a job as a programmer with this diploma, because it is to old, and courses in modern OOP are missing. What should I do to get a Certificate as a Java (2) programmer? -I've heard that Sun Microsystems have examination as "Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer" and "Sun Certified Java 2 Developer". I think, that I could study Java 2 at home with my own computer (With Suns Java 2 S...

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
Does anyone have any ideas on why that happened: [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space Explaining the situation. I have such code: for (int i=0; i<10000-1; i++) { for (int j=i+1; j<10000; j++) { compareElements(arr[i], arr[j]); } } Element of the array is a simple class that has two fields (one is string and another is BitVector) and getters and setters for those fields. Function compareElements compares the BitVectors of two elements. Now the problem: when I run the code, program runs only till then 1334 element in t...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

Java in Java
Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a desktop Java app? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=5 - Our podcasts on weird stuff Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote: > Is it possible to download a Java app (applet etc?) and run it inside a > desktop Java app? > Quite likely, but you won't necessarily get the same security model, unless you were careful about it. -- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/&g...

Java Java
Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. Working on a second right now. Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. It will be at www.black-and-company.com tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a distro called OPEN*WINDOWS. > > It will be at www.black-and-company.com > Wasn't that the whole point of Lindows? Oh, right, we didn't care for that either. tab wrote: > Have my first Open Source Linux Java Project. > Working on a second right now. > > Coming out with a ...

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission background.jpg read) #2
I am extremely new to java and this is the first I've worked with applets, so any help will be appreciated but I stress that I am new but very capable. I have looked on many message boards but I don't understand most of what they are talking of. I have written a simple Breakout game and would like to put it on a web page. However, when I load the web page I get an error that the applet failed to load and here is the message: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission background.jpg read) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown ...

java.security.acl.Permission vs java.security.Permission
Hi Interfaces in java.security.acl package accept java.security.acl.Permission interface as their parameters, not java.security.Permission. Why is it so? Why there are two different Permissions which are seem to be related, and can be one. Amir Pashazadeh ...

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space #2
loadSigButton.addActionListener(new ActionListener() { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) { boolean blnImport = false; String path = txtPath.getText(); int pathlength = path.length(); if (pathlength != 0) { sigObj.autoKeyStart(); sigObj.setAutoKeyData("Sample Encryption Data"); sigObj.autoKeyFinish(); sigObj.setEncryptionMode(2); System.out.println("set encription mode"); sigObj.getXExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition1"); sigObj.getYExtent(); System.out.println("afetr if condition2"+fileName); blnImport = sigObj.im...

Hot Requirements: 1.Sr Java Developer,2.Java Developer (Java with EJB)
Dear All, We have 2 Hot requirements Sure Closure for the right Candidates, please respond if you have any Consultants available, send resume=92s with rate and Contact details ASAP, we have priority for the submission. 1. Job Title: Sr Java Developer Location: Rockville, MD or Philadelphia,, Maryland Project Duration: 6+ Month(s) Est Start Date: immediate Cost: DOE (competitive) Preference: None Skill Set : J2EE, Struts, Hibernate, Report writing (any), SQL Excellent with Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Struts Experience writing reports Excellent communications skills Self-starter w...

to use import java.lang.* or import java.lang.Math or none at all?
Hi guys, i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the compiler during compilation. but, to make it easier for the computer, should i specify which class i really will be using? does this action will boost the performance during compilation and runtime or not a matter at all? the answer to this post will definitely affect my programming style in the future when i'm considering "to import or not to import"... hmm,,, thanks in advance. JPractitioner wrote: > i knew that by default all java.lang classes will be imported by the > compiler during com...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB? #2
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

modifying java.lang.String.java
Hi, I'm trying to modify java.lang.String.java and add the modified String.class to rt.jar [THIS IS FOR MYSELF ONLY AND WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED]. I cannot add "private final boolean tainted[] = new boolean[5];" to String.java. If I do, it still compiles and I can add it to rt.jar and compile a test program against it. However, the JVM crashes with a strange message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: name can't be empty at java.security.BasicPermission.init(Unknown Source) at java.security.BasicPermission.<init>(Unknown Source) at java....

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these commands: # zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - # pkgadd -d . SUNWj6rtx SUNWj6dvx SUNWj6dmx # /usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/bin/sparcv9/java -version Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object # ls /usr/jdk/instances/ jdk1.5.0 jdk1.6.0 # uname -a SunOS sun1 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-2500 Please help to fix the error. Thanks. TsanChung wrote: > I downloaded jdk-6u7-solaris-sparcv9.tar.Z and installed it by these > commands: > # zcat jdk-6u7-so...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type o...

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > ...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add c...

Java Programmers #2
Hello, If any one want expert java developers help they can hire from http://www.vemployee.com/hire-java-programmers.html jimmy brion wrote: > Hello, > If any one want expert java [sic] developers help they can hire from > http://www.vemployee.scam/hire-java-programmers.fullofcrap How expert can you be if you cannot even spell the name of the programming language correctly, spammer? -- Lew Honi soit qui mal y pense. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/Friz.jpg On 5=EC=9B=9424=EC=9D=BC, =EC=98=A4=ED=9B=849=EC=8B=9C18=EB=B6=84, Lew <no.= ...@lewscanon.com> wro...

java certification #2
hi friends i have passed scjp with 96% i wish to share all the websites i have used to prepare for the certification. http://www.jchq.net/ http://www.examsguide.com/scjp/scjp.html http://www.javaranch.com/maha/ ...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
Hi, I'm trying to use the httpclient within Jython (see http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/ for more information on the httpclient). My Jython version is: Jython 2.1 on java1.4.2_04 (JIT: null) My Java version is: java version "1.4.2_04" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_04-b05, mixed mode) My CLASSPATH includes: jdom.jar xerces.jar jython.jar jt400.jar log4j-1.2.8.jar commons-httpclient-2.0.jar When I just try to perform the import statements from example code I get the error pasted below....

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableU...

Web resources about - java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate #2 - comp.lang.java.programmer