Javadoc including "java.lang.String" instead of just "String" for return values

	How does one get the javadoc utility to show just "String" instead of
"java.lang.String" in its output?

	I've noticed that, for example, Sun's "awt.TextField.ParamString()"
method is documented as follows, and I'd like to make mine appear this way
for extremely well-known objects such as "String" as well:

		protected  String	paramString()

	Thanks in advance.

--
Randolf Richardson - kingpin+nntp@lumbercartel.ca
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)

Randolf Richardson wrote:
>     How does one get the javadoc utility to show just "String" instead
> of  "java.lang.String" in its output?
>
>     I've noticed that, for example, Sun's "awt.TextField.ParamString()"
> method is documented as follows, and I'd like to make mine appear this
> way  for extremely well-known objects such as "String" as well:
>
>         protected  String    paramString()

You can use the "-link" (or may be the "linkoffline") option in your
javadoc-run. This will for example generate
         protected  String    paramString()
where "String" is a HTML-link to the JavaDoc page of java.lang.String.

See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#link
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#linkoffline

--
Thomas
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 02:21:09 -0800, Thomas Fritsch
<i.dont.like.spam@invalid.com> wrote:
> Randolf Richardson wrote:
>>    How does one get the javadoc utility to show just "String" instead
>> of  "java.lang.String" in its output?
>>     I've noticed that, for example, Sun's
>> "awt.TextField.ParamString()"  method is documented as follows, and I'd
>> like to make mine appear this way  for extremely well-known objects
>> such as "String" as well:
>>
>>          protected  String    paramString()
>
> You can use the "-link" (or may be the "linkoffline") option in your
> javadoc-run. This will for example generate
>          protected  String    paramString()
> where "String" is a HTML-link to the JavaDoc page of java.lang.String.
>
> See
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#link
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#linkoffline

	Thanks for the suggestion, and for the URI.  It looks like "-link" is not
exactly what I'm after, but in reading the document you referenced I found
my answer -- for those who might be interested, the "-noqualifier"
parameter solved my problem (specifically, I'm using "-noqualifier
java.lang" since this section of the Java API is so well-known).

	Your help is greatly appreciated, and was what I needed to get the right
solution.  Thanks again!