JavaHelp for web application

Hi,I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of myJ2EE webapp online help.I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web basedapplications.Thanks.-o
comp.lang.java.programmer 52266 articles. 40 followers. Post Follow

oziris wrote:...>I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of my>J2EE webapp online help.>I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web based>applications.Does JavaHelp work with applets?  (A quick googling revealed a lot of hits, but I did not investigate deeply).-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
Andrew
6/1/2007 10:34:31 AM
Thanks for your reply Andrew.Indeed JavaHelp works with applet but, in my case, that's not ideal.Could you give me your googling?Regards,-oOn 1 juin, 12:34, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:> oziris wrote:>> ..>> >I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of my> >J2EE webapp online help.> >I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web based> >applications.>> Does JavaHelp work with applets?  (A quick googling> revealed a lot of hits, but I did not investigate deeply).>> --> Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/>> Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
oziris
6/1/2007 11:05:47 AM
oziris wrote:>Thanks for your reply Andrew.Your thanks can best be expressed by your futurelack of top-posting, whcih I find most confuring..>Indeed JavaHelp works with applet but, in my case, that's not ideal.* >Could you give me your googling?Sure, but it is nothing profound, simply..<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=javahelp+applet&meta=>returns 67,500 hits - so it suggested JHelp and applets was not uncommon.* OTOH - what do you mean by 'not ideal'?Perhaps JWS* is better suited to this task.(ends in a free floating 'help', see for example..<http://www.physci.org/jws/> )-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
Andrew

US-TX-Austin: EDI Developer, Java application development exp.; 3-6mo. (45390657603)
US-TX-Austin: EDI Developer, Java application development exp.; 3-6mo. (45390657603) ==================================================================================== Position: EDI Developer Reference: NJF00109 Location: Austin TX Duration: 3-6mo. Skills: Full life-cycle Java application development experience. Familiar with UML process and documentation methods Test Director, Merant PVCS, or similar test and configuration management tools Scope: Analyze, design, build, test and deploy maintenance and mo...

Re: [webmaster] RSS Feeds are dead on Web site
=20 > -----Original Message----- > From: webmaster-owner@postgresql.org=20 > [mailto:webmaster-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Herv=E9 Piedvache > Sent: 29 August 2004 20:00 > To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org > Subject: [webmaster] [GENERAL] RSS Feeds are dead on Web site >=20 > I don't know who to contact ...=20 webmaster@postgresql.org > but the rss feeds are dead on=20 > the PostregSQL.org web site ... Should be OK now. Thanks for letting us know. Regards, Dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------...

Web, Dojo simplification through Common Lisp
All, I (and my company) are using the Dojo toolkit for developing web applicatio= ns. =20 http://dojotoolkit.org Also this would involve customizing Maqetta (http://maqetta.org) with its J= ava backend. Of which using Lisp would not help. (Though if the effort was= to put forth to re-implement Maqetta in Lisp, it could evolve into an awes= ome development platform). For us the Dojo widgets/framework seems to the best choice, charts, gauges,= grids, context menus... There is a lot of client side javascript involved to create custom Dojo Wid= gets (essentially custom cont...

The Semantic Web
http://www.sciam.com article.cfm?articleID=00048144-10D2-1C70-84A9809EC588EF21&pageNumber=4&catID=2 The triples of RDF form webs of information about related things. Because RDF uses URIs to encode this information in a document, the URIs ensure that concepts are not just words in a document but are tied to a unique definition that everyone can find on the Web. For example, imagine that we have access to a variety of databases with information about people, including their addresses. If we want to find people living in a specific zip code, we need to know which fields in each databa...

043070 Information portals for computer and Web technology 61
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a penny, just student scraping by. But Guess what? I don't want your money, your e-mail, or anything. Each of these sites has a specific topic but they have them style and layout sothey are easy to navigate and ther a search function should take you to exactly where youwant t...

US-WI-Madison: Business Analyst, Oracle, SQL, C, UNIX, Java, Web HW; 4M (45334914409)
US-WI-Madison: Business Analyst, Oracle, SQL, C, UNIX, Java, Web HW; 4M (45334914409) ===================================================================================== Position: Business Analyst Reference: SMC01832 Location: Madison WI Duration: 4M Skills: oracle, SQL and C programming language requirements. UNIX and Web technical hardware, Java software data analytical experience requirements. Demonstrates strong communication skills. 2 yr degree educational requirement or experience. Scope: ...

Interacting with the web
I need to regularly get data via the web. To do so, it's necessary to call up a particular url, log in the a user name and password, click on an entry in a drop down menu to choose a role (eg data entry or administrator, etc), fill in some parameter information in a couple of text boxes, and click on a "Go" button. This initiates an extract operation on the remote server, ultimately resulting in a bunch of spreadsheet files that can then be saved to the local workstation. The whole thing is dull and repetitious and what's worse, time consuming. Any suggestions on how to a...

Dragging and dropping a file into a VB6 web browser control
How can you tell when soemone is trying to drop and web page into a web browser control? I have a test app that consists of a form with a webbrowser control in it. I have a shortcut to www.google.com on my desktop. When I run the test app and drag and drop the shortcut into the web browser control it goes to the www.google.com home page. I want to be able to intercept the page changing and stop it. Thanks Kay "Kay" <kayrogage@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d5a0572b.0409100742.6a848547@posting.google.com... > How can you tell when soemone is trying t...

chat on web, Ajax ?
Hi folks. I thought I have gathered all pieces I need, then suddenly I realise there is still one problem. I am implementing chat on the web, ie on a browse. On browser, I can only use javascript. So the problem is what method to use to listen for incoming data. Ajax ? I am just wondering; Ajax does not seem to bother about port, I mean the standard method is "open socket at server, port 8888...". Of course, when data is sent to a php file on server, it must be port 80. Is this the only way on a browser ? Thanks. > I thought I have gathered all pieces I need, then sud...

Web development class
Hi all, it's been a while I haven't looked at Python but I remember that there once was a class (I think it was just a class) that helped in web development. Can't remember the name of the project: it was a kind of a parser which would allow you to do this sort of stuff: h1.red (assigning properties to html entities) I think the project's web page was on a kind of red background. Any hints? Cheers, Lorenzo Bolognini I wrote: > h1.red (assigning properties to html entities) Sorry, h1.color("red") Lorenzo Bolognini Lorenzo Bolognini wrote: > it'...

java, dynamic web content, serialization, web dev
I noticed a post that mentioned PHP does a better job of dynamic web content than java and wanted to see what people have to say about that. Also, I saw it mentioned that in PHP you don't have to mark objects as serializable and sessions are more transparent with or without cookies. I've done some java but am mainly a C++ programmer at this point, but want to start reading up on web development. I have to find my big thick Java book, someone may have borrowed it. I got into doing alot of perl for automated testing and started reading perl/CGI, various perl web stuff and PHP books....

server-based javahelp
Our company has a product that's a Java application, and I've added javahelp to it. No problem, and it works beautifully. We have another product that's a web-based version of the same application. Here, problem. I was hoping there would be some sort of pre-packaged help navigator, like there is for applications. But it appears that all the navigation (table of contents, index, searching, etc.) is left as an exercise to the user. The "support" they tout for server-based help they provide is merely some convenience tags for being able to access the various ...

Reommended web based ssh terminals wanted (e.g. ajaxterm or anyterm based)
I recently got stuck behind a hotel firewall that didn't allow outgoing connections on port 22. I finally got round the problem by using port 110 (which was open and wasn't used on my home server). However it would all have been *much* easier if I could have found a decent web-ssh service to connect to my home machine's ssh server and do the required configuration. I did manage it in the end using sshd.org and serfish.com but both are time limited and have very poor terminal emulation. I'm sure I found better ones in the past but I can't see anything now. Do...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ test "cyber" <freefreefax@yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message news:28cc58bc-584b-46d6-a760-a2bba1d1c25c@b1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > > List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts > resources > http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

Web site compromised?
Hello All: A website I manage seems to have a problem when I tried to access it today with Chrome browser. Chrome gives the following warning: "Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer! The website at www.XXXX.YYY (I am not giving the actual URL) contains elements from the site beebest.cn, which appears to host malware =96 software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer. For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic ...

[News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

web
Hello, 2ExtremeStudios.com would like to offer you a great deal on a brand new website for your business. We invite you to visit www.2ExtremeStudios.com, we offer business information site design and e-store integration, as well as other services. Thanks for your time, Daniel N. Phone. 1.416.834.1592 e-mail. support@2extremestudios.com url. http://2ExtremeStudios.com support@2extremestudios.com wrote: > >Hello, 2ExtremeStudios.com would like to offer you a great deal on a >brand new website for your business. >We invite you to visit www.2ExtremeStupids.com, we offer business &g...

XSLT web resources or book recommendations
Hi, I am an experienced programmer and I think it's about time I learnt this new fangled language (XSLT). I was therefore wondering if you guys can give me some pointers to web resources and/or good books to get me started on this adventure. I look forward to your comments and suggestions. Best regards, W. My standard pointer to a whole bunch of good tutorials/articles: http://www.ibm.com/xml -- Joe Kesselman / Beware the fury of a patient man. -- John Dryden WideBoy wrote: > Hi, > > I am an experienced programmer and I think it's about time I learnt > this new ...

US-PA: Philadelphia-.Net Web Developer #4
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: .Net Web Developer Job ...

Creating an application for Linux
Hi, My boss wants me to port one of my applications to Ubuntu. I successfully ported it without too many headaches but now I need a way to distribute it to people that may or may not already have the dependencies my application requires. I'm a newb with Linux so I'm not even sure what they call the distribution (rpms, deb, source code). After browsing the various "installer" docs out there, it looks like bbfreeze or PyInstaller might work, but I couldn't find any examples. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks! I am using Python 2.5.2 and this is a wxPython application wit...

web cam chat applet
iam trying to write a code for two people either in java or asp to talk and view the web camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the applet? do i need to put the ip address? is there a difference if the two persons are on intranet or internet? please help me out with the code for this? thank you ...

Database on the web 468898
What is necessary to publish a DB on the web. We are using FM6 and Microsoft B central is hosting our site. Any suggestions are appreciated. Gary Gary, Check out www.fmwebschool.com there are many free resources there to get you started. ...

US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360232406)
US-TX-Austin: Java Developer, Web Logic, Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux; 2040 hrs. (45360232406) ============================================================================================== Position: Java Developer Reference: ZYD00205 Location: Austin TX Duration: 2040 h Skills: Progressive information technology experience and responsibility. Knowledge of Internet application servers (especially Web Logic), Web servers, EJB, JSP, Linux, Oracle, OO analysis/design, and multiple programming languages. ...

Web enabled GT.M Programmers Guide
A web enabled version of the GT.M V4.3 Programmers Guide is now available (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sanchez-gtm/V4.3_Prog_Manual_WebVersion.zip?download). Note that the previous PDF file is still available (which is why the project summary page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm does not show a recent release date). Download the file, unzip the contents into their own directory and point your browser at MAIN.htm in that directory. Java will need to be enabled in your browser. Please send me your comments, positive as well as ways in which it could be better. We are c...

MFC application crashes in Release
Hi, My MFC application is bombproof in Debug, but crashes in release. The Windows error message states that a specified memory location could not be read. In release the program starts up OK and does quite a lot. The crash occurs when a key is pressed, ie. the first keyboard message is sent (WM_CHAR). Any suggestions on an area to look in? TIA Bruce Varley wrote: > Hi, My MFC application is bombproof in Debug, but crashes in release. The > Windows error message states that a specified memory location could not be > read. > Then you've probably go...