JavaHelp for web application

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of myJ2EE webapp online help.I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web basedapplications.Thanks.-o
0
Reply oziris.groups (50) 6/1/2007 9:40:42 AM

See related articles to this posting

oziris wrote:...>I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of my>J2EE webapp online help.>I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web based>applications.Does JavaHelp work with applets?  (A quick googling revealed a lot of hits, but I did not investigate deeply).-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
Reply Andrew 6/1/2007 10:34:31 AM

Thanks for your reply Andrew.Indeed JavaHelp works with applet but, in my case, that's not ideal.Could you give me your googling?Regards,-oOn 1 juin, 12:34, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:> oziris wrote:>> ..>> >I'm looking for a library/tool which could simplify the creation of my> >J2EE webapp online help.> >I know JavaHelp but I find no comparable tool for web based> >applications.>> Does JavaHelp work with applets?  (A quick googling> revealed a lot of hits, but I did not investigate deeply).>> --> Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/>> Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
Reply oziris 6/1/2007 11:05:47 AM

oziris wrote:>Thanks for your reply Andrew.Your thanks can best be expressed by your futurelack of top-posting, whcih I find most confuring..>Indeed JavaHelp works with applet but, in my case, that's not ideal.* >Could you give me your googling?Sure, but it is nothing profound, simply..<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=javahelp+applet&meta=>returns 67,500 hits - so it suggested JHelp and applets was not uncommon.* OTOH - what do you mean by 'not ideal'?Perhaps JWS* is better suited to this task.(ends in a free floating 'help', see for example..<http://www.physci.org/jws/> )-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200706/1
0
Reply Andrew 6/1/2007 11:33:12 AM
comp.lang.java.programmer 51975 articles. 38 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[News] Web Applications 'Replace' the Web Browser, Desktop Applications
The Web's unfortunate fetish with the browser ,----[ Quote ] | I like the way Google does it on my BlackBerry. Can I access Google Maps, | News, etc. in a browser? Yes. But I like having separate icons for them on my | BlackBerry. I like to think of them as distinct applications, in other words. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9848794-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad This is very true. The future of enterprise software: Bungee's in the cloud, for the cloud model ,----[ Quote ] | Open source and SaaS dramatically change the way enterprises consume | ...

applicability of static methods in web applications?
Hi, For my project, I see that some people use static methods for theweb-application in DB layer.eg:public static List getId(){return list;}Now, I know that this method works in a threaded environment since allthese methods fall in thread scope. But coding like this defeats thewhole purpose of choosing a object oriented language. I'm confusedhere whether it is a good style or not.You comments are really appreciated..V. On Apr 5, 1:34 pm, "vishist" <vishi...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,> For my project, I see that some people use static methods for the> web-applicati...

Desktop application and web application Linking...
Hello everyone, Can I create an object of Desktop application class into a web application class? as I am facing a problem "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" doing same. On 01.07.2013 07:19, Robin Saini wrote: > Hello everyone, Can I create an object of Desktop application class > into a web application class? What is "create an object ... into" supposed to mean? Are you talking about casting one to the other? Are you trying to create the latter and pass the former to the constructor? What classes are we talking about here at all? > as I am faci...

Web service focus for web application?
Hello, I am building a web application with a large focus on data/content management, that could possibly have different front ends. My question is, is it acceptable/a good idea to focus on a web service implementation from the word go? I'll try to explain it as best I can: I can imagine implementing it with all the main data management, and database interactions taking place in a web service (For example a java service in Axis2), and user interaction, form generation, content formatting, etc, being handled by a frontend style system (For example, a site built using t...

Converting GUI application to Web application?
Hey there I have developed a GUI application that can be called directly from MATLAB's command line using the parameters as options in the function, for example: >> displayGUI('OpenFile',fname[,varargin]); This displays the data in the fname file in a MATLAB GUI window (nothing is interactive in that window though), and it works great from the command line on my PC using Matlab 6.5. How can I convert this GUI application and set up on my web- server so that any web-user can click on a link of different fname-s on a page and see its data in the GUI window? In other...

Web services (SOA) from a Web Application
I'm working in a large enterprise architecture. We'll be accessing web services (probably via an ESB). I didn't see any posts on it. I'm looking for integration patterns to access these services from a web framework (Spring). richardsosborn@gmail.com wrote: > I'm working in a large enterprise architecture. We'll be accessing > web services > (probably via an ESB). I didn't see any posts on it. I'm looking > for integration > patterns to access these services from a web framework (Spring). I think you should perhaps get a book on Web Serv...

Semantic Web enabled Web applications with PHP
Hi all, The largest obstacle for the uptake of the Semantic Web is still the lack of semantically represented data, information and knowledge. On the other hand the majority of Web pages already now is generated by database driven Web applications containing structured data (many of them written in PHP). Triplify now aims at revealing such data and make it accessible using next generation semantic technologies. Triplify is a small plugin (<300 LoC) for database driven Web applications which: * exposes RDF, Linked Data and JSON, * is extremely simple to configure - just provide some S...

best application framework for developing web application
hi i am a newbi to python and developing a web application what do u all think is the best application framework for developing web application in python. I want a framework that supports templates,database connectivity, is available for both unix and windows ,and ofcourse is easy to learn. Zope Quixote Draco or others | aj said | > hi > i am a newbi to python and developing a web application what do u all > think is the best application framework for developing web application in > python. I want a framework that supports templates,database connectivity, > is available for b...

Advice needed: Move Access application to web application
I need to migrate a (quite substantial) MS Access front end application to a web based application. Must not use any Microsoft tools on the server for this - we only run Red Hat Linux servers. All the actual data is stored on a PostgreSQL server on a Red Hat server. Has anyone done this and if so what software did you use? Thanks, Jeff As far as I know, the only way to do what you are asking for is to do it by hand. No conversion software will "help" you through the process. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:14:21 +0100, jeff@dnuk.com wrote: >I need to migrate a (quite substantial) M...

static variables in web applications versus standalone application
When we declare static variable in a standalone application, the lifetime of a static variable begins from the execution of the program untill the termination of the program. When we declare static variable in a web application, the lifetime of a static variable begins from the the start of the web application in web server, untill the web application is stopped in web server. At first, I thought the lifetime of a static variable in a web application is from opening the web browser until the web browser closes, that is session lifetime, and now I realize it is wrong. Please confirm the c...

N-Tier Web Applications, Application Servers and Python
I'm looking to architect a 4-tier or N-tier Python web/CGI app with database connection pooling for high performance. Is there a Python equivalent to Sun's now famous Java PetStore application? (Or something like this link: http://www.developer.com/tech/article.php/606971?) Any Python recommended links/white papers? I've glanced at various Python utilities and frameworks (including Twisted) but what I really need is a fairly complete and robust sample/demo app like Java PetStore. If there is no such Python equivalent then there OUGHT to be. ;-) TIA, D. B. You should review Zope...

Internet application template vs. Web application template
Hi, I am using Internet application template for my internet application, but I was wondering what differences are in the Web application template? Which one should I be using? Thanks, Mika Internet Connect relies on Java and look/act much like a window's app. Web Builder relies on Javascript and look/act more like html pages. Which is appropriate? Depends on your intended use. Steve Parker -------------------------------------------------- kb and download center at: www.par2.com KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0 --------------------------------------...

Web application using jdbc driver an OEM application?
My company hosts a web site on one internal machine and that site accesses SQL Server on another internal machine. Right now we are using Sun's jdbc-odbc bridge and we want to replace the bridge with a jdbc type 4 driver. I have been told by one jdbc vendor that I need an OEM license because we charge our customers to use the site and therefore it is a commercial application. We actually sell the site to a state's Department of Education and this allows everyone in the state access to the site. We do not distribute any files to the customer other than the content downlo...

Web application for Oracle with open source web framework
Hi, ManyDesigns announces that there is new open source web framework that runs with Oracle. This framework is ManyDesigns Portofino. ManyDesigns Portofino is open source web application framework that allows you to create enterprise applications in less time and with the highest quality. It offers the most integrated set of features you can find in a framework, out of the box. More at http://www.manydesigns.com or http://sourceforge.net/projects/portofino/ Bye, Angelo ...

prospectus IT web web web
Join Scoop.it Login MultiValue News 67 MultiValue News “For all news and information for the MultiValue Community ” RSS Curated by Elkie Holland (Prospectus IT Recruitment) December 30, 2011 9:26 AM Elkie Holland (Prospectus IT Recruitment) shared this post on Facebook page. h<Ks<�x{<E� � �<�Q ��<Q#E�<A1 F�<�<R�-�<�� ��<���<�j �<�J4 =��  (=~3=TF ...

\Applications and ~\Applications
I have a fair number of non-Apple applications installed in Applications �� which means they don't get backed up when I back up Users. Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home folder? (or just in Users?) And what about Applications (Mac OS 9) �� can it be moved to Users also? In <siegman-9F07ED.07405219032005@news.stanford.edu>, AES wrote: > Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home > folder? (or just in Users?) Yes, though if they are in ~/Applications they will not be usable by any other users on that system. The Apple ...

web application
HiI have a little project I would like to get underway and I amwondering which platform I should useI would like to create a small web application which has a facilityfor activating a form, this form would have a series of check boxes or/& pick lists an area for text description and then a send/forwardbutton, it would send the form either in email or other medium whichcould receive the dataThe data from the form has to be saved at both ends or a central pointwhich both ends could access so I expect some type of db.something like an order form or defect sheet which could be filled inthe se...

Web application
Hi, I'd like to write a web application in Common Lisp that showcases some features of ContextL. I have already experimented a bit with Hunchentoot, and have been successful so far. However, what I need is a way to trigger updates of a web page from the server side, so that it can reflect state changes. I guess I need something like Ajax for that, or so. Can somebody recommend what libraries are good for that, and share some experiences wrt things to watch out for? Also comments on what to avoid would be useful. Hunchentoot is not a strict requirement. (I'd prefer not to use ...

Web Application
How can I setup a simple web application? I know how to write the html code, but where do I put it to make it visible on the web? Is there something I need to do to allow a web application to be accessable? "jerry chapman" <jerryc314@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<X4Dgc.49789$K_.1127092@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > How can I setup a simple web application? I know how to write the html code, > but where do I put it to make it visible on the web? Is there something I > need to do to allow a web application to be accessable? First, you need...

Web application
Hi, I made an app with web application template and and when i run it from browser, a java-based interface is on. I have understood that only app with internet application template use java-applets. How to enable pure HTML -app ? KLo ...

Web Application
Hi! I have some doubts with something I do I'm making a web app something like a shopping car, and I have to use the MVC Model (model-view-controller more info at "model 2 java" in google's first link), so I do something like this: - I use css and HTMLgen module in python for generating HTML webpages based on the content of queries and insertions of products. (that's view) - I define classes for each object I have to create in Python, so, they have the instructions for insert, delete, select using adodb module (that's the object part) - Then I use CGI based on py...

web application
hi How Can i run my m-file on the web. (I want to run my program as a web application) with my best wishes. Ramy ramy wrote: > > > hi > > How Can i run my m-file on the web. > (I want to run my program as a web application) > > with my best wishes. > Ramy hi solve it by your self loser Hi Ramy, you might want to have a look at the MATLAB web server: http://www.mathworks.com/products/webserver/ Titus "ramy" <ramy@mail.com> wrote in message news:eeea680.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > hi > > How Can i run my m-file on the web. > (I want to ru...

[ANN] froglogic Announces Squish/Web To Test Web Applications
Hamburg, Germany - 2006-02-01 froglogic GmbH today pre-announced Squish/Web. Squish/Web will become a new edition of Squish allowing to create and run tests for interactive Web applications using the Squish test tool. Squish started out as a professional automated GUI test tool for applications based on Trolltech's Qt GUI toolkit. Later Squish gained support for testing XView based applications and just recently froglogic announced the availability of Squish/Tk, a Squish edition to test Tcl/Tk applications. Currently froglogic's engineers are working on Squish support for testing Web...

web application
I am trying to create a web application called hotdotcom. It is an example = from Hall=92s Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages Volume 2: Advanced Technol= ogies - Second Edition. It is found in Chapter 3: Declarative Security =96 = 3.1 Form-Based Authentication. The web application uses container-managed security: From-based. The web.xm= l is below. I am running Tomcat 3.3.1 on my PC. When I click a protected UR= L I receive the login form just fine, but when I fill it out I am always se= nt to my login-error.jsp page. I have added four users to Tomcat=92s <insta= ll_dir>conf/to...