JBoss (java 1.4 + hibernate -> java 1.5)

hi,

I'm searching for a documents describing the things to get in mind so
that if I build now
application for java 1.4+hibernate to be as much as possibly 1.5 ready,
with minimum changes afterwards.
Examples, links, documentations, whitepapers .... are welcome.
I'm talking primary about JBoss.

tia

0
iraptor (5)

i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :)

0
iraptor (5)
8/22/2006 4:49:05 AM
iraptor@gmail.com wrote:
> i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :)

I don't recommend you to use ejb2.1 as it is completely different from
ejb3, as EJB3 beans are just empowered POJOs.

Instead, you probably should use j2ee1.4 + Spring + Hibernate. EJB3 has
a lot of commonality with Spring:
* Business interfaces do not have to extend EJB Interface
* No more home interface
* Use Dependency Injection
* Business methods in remote EJB are not required to throw
RemoteException
* Meta data can be embedded in source code, such as annotation in Java
EE 5 and Spring (in J2EE 1.4 with JVM 5) or Commons Attribute in Spring
(in J2EE 1.3 or 1.4 with JVM 3 or 4).

0
ozgwei (24)
8/22/2006 6:07:46 AM
the problem is that I have idea of Hibernate and Spring, but just the
idea...and the time is tight..
But anyway thanks I think that is the right way...'cause when I have
all the logic as POJO wrapped around Hibernate+Spring, if I want to
move to EJB3.0 will preserve these POJO objects and rewrite just the
rest wich as idea should be similar 'cause EJB stole alot from them...
Of cource there should be some drawbacks too ? :)
Is there some info how Hibernate+Spring can be blended into EJB3.0 ?

thanx again

ozgwei wrote:
> iraptor@gmail.com wrote:
> > i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :)
>
> I don't recommend you to use ejb2.1 as it is completely different from
> ejb3, as EJB3 beans are just empowered POJOs.
>
> Instead, you probably should use j2ee1.4 + Spring + Hibernate. EJB3 has
> a lot of commonality with Spring:
> * Business interfaces do not have to extend EJB Interface
> * No more home interface
> * Use Dependency Injection
> * Business methods in remote EJB are not required to throw
> RemoteException
> * Meta data can be embedded in source code, such as annotation in Java
> EE 5 and Spring (in J2EE 1.4 with JVM 5) or Commons Attribute in Spring
> (in J2EE 1.3 or 1.4 with JVM 3 or 4).

0
iraptor (5)
8/22/2006 6:59:44 AM
> the problem is that I have idea of Hibernate and Spring, but just the
> idea...and the time is tight..

Depending on how tight your time is, using Hibernate and Spring may
actually speed up your development, as you don't need to write all
those codes to do JNDI lookup, loading properties file or parsing XML
configuration files.

> Is there some info how Hibernate+Spring can be blended into EJB3.0 ?

Use JPA (Java Persistence API) in EJB3.0. The API should be similar to
Hibernate's native API.

As for EJB3.0, you let the application server to do dependency
injection while using Spring for other configuration management.
Exactly how to do this, I have no idea.You should probably wait and see
what other people have tried...

You may go to Spring's website and read their documentation on EJB
support in Spring 2.0, if there is any.

0
ozgwei (24)

java 1.4 fail with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError but 1.5, 1.6 ok
My JNI program is working with java 1.5 & 1.6 but fail with java 1.4 on a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer. Please help even though java 1.4 is old. $ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -d32 -jar jHw.jar Failed to load MycompAPI and MycompAPI_64 libraries. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no MycompAPI_64 in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1542) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:795) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834) at com.chrysalisits.crypto.MycompAPI.<clinit>(MycompAPI.java: 47) at com.chrys...

Serialization between Java 1.1.4 and Java 1.4.1
Hello, It seems to me to be in some kinda trouble. I wanted to implement communication between Java applet and Server through sockets and Serialization. So, I serialize Object, send it to server which deserialize it with no problems. In other direction problems came out since Object serialized under Java 1.4.1 seems to be not deserializable under Java 1.1.4. (MS VM). If applet si run under J2, there are no problems, but I cannot push people to download some 15MB of new JRE just to accomplish my requirements, especially if applet needs not implementation of features of new JRE... ...

SN#21034 Java News Bites: J2SE 1.4.2 EOL, Jersey 1.0.1, JavaFX and Java's Future, Multilingual GlassFish Updates, Sun Supports Alice, JavaFX Samples, JBoss 5
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 130 Issue 3 2008-12-19 Article 21034 from section "Java Technology" Short Items of Interest to the Java Community - J2SE 1.4.2 End Of Life - Jersey 1.0.1 Implements JAX-RS 1.0 - Sun's Director of Technology Outreach on JavaFX, future of Java - Recent Updates to Multilingual GlassFish - Sun Teams with Carnegie Mellon in Support of Alice - Get More Samples of JavaFX - Redhat's JBoss AS 5.0 Complies with JSR 244 [url "http://blogs.systemnews....

RMI between Java 1.4 and Java 1.5 problem
When attempting to RMI between a 1.4 client and a 1.5 server ( with a 1.5 interface, remote object, stubs and skeletons using the -vcompat rmic flag ), I get the following error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocation Handler (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled) The plot thickens. The 1.4 client will connect to the 1.5 server if I run the 1.4 client classes in a 1.5 jvm. However, when I run the 1.4 compiled classes in a 1.4 jvm I get no joy. Any ideas anyone? The context is this: getting a Java strored procedure in an Oracle database ru...

Java 1.4 versus Java 1.5 Certification
I haven't got any Java Certification before, and I want to get one. I am thinking should I take Java 1.4 or Java 1.5? I even saw Java 1.2 exam is still available on sun's site. I guess it makes more sense to take Java 1.5 exam since it is the latest Java version. Can either Java 1.4 or 1.5 exam be the prerequisite for other advanced Java exams? please advise. thanks jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > I haven't got any Java Certification before, and I want to > get one. I am thinking should I take Java 1.4 or Java 1.5? > I even saw Java 1.2 exam is still available on sun&#...

java web server 1.1.3 and java 1.4.1 problem
Hello I have got a weird problem with Java web server v 1.1.3 running with java version "1.4.1_01" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-b01, mixed mode) I have added the following paths to my classpath: D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\lib\jws.jar D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\servlets The servlets directory contain servlets and I can run them through localhost/servlet/<servletname> However if I add a new (my own)servlet to that directory, I am not able to run them. It shows HTTP 404 - File not found. I think, one has ...

Call Java 1.5 Jar from Java 1.4 JVM ?
Is it possible to call a Jar file complied with Java 1.5 from a 1.4 JVM ? I have done a wee bit of testing and I get : "class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0" To be honest, this is preretty much what I expected, but I need to do some investigation on this. The reason is this: App A <----> App B App A is a 3rd Party component we use and it's being moved to Java 1.5 (we have no access to the code base) App B uses a JAR file from App A (subclasses off it and calls APIs) However, App B is Java 1.4 and is part of a framework that that is 1.4. App B and the Fr...

Java Runtime and Java 1.4.1?
Can someone help me by clarifying the relationship between Java Kit 1.4.1_os2 and the Java Runtime version 1.12 (build 20). I need to know how to set these up so some of the programs I run don't come back with "Java not found" (or something similar). I have both installed on my C: (os2) drive. Java 1.4.1 is in a directory titled JAVA14 and the runtime is in a directory titled JRT14. Both are Innotek versions. And how about the config.sys file? What and where do I need to edit? Thanks, -- On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:52:24 GMT, A. Willard Reese <awreese@bellsouth...

Is java 1.6 compatible with java 1.5?
Hello, I want to use a tool which works on java 1.5 and I have java 1.6 installed on my machine. Getting lot of errors when trying to build the tool. I am guessing that version difference is the reason. Is it? arshad wrote: > Hello, > I want to use a tool which works on java 1.5 and I have java 1.6 > installed on my machine. > Getting lot of errors when trying to build the tool. > I am guessing that version difference is the reason. Is it? Oh, yes, absolutely, of course; what else could possibly be amiss? I mean, just *look* at the text of your forty-second error message...

How advanced is java 1.6 with respect to java 1.1 ?
I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and realized it only later. Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? broli wrote: > I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and > realized it only later. > > Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? > > And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? Everything you have learned is still valid (except for a few very obscure points). But there has added some ...

Job to convert Java App 1.3.1 to Java Newest of Java
I am looking for a excellent and fast developer to convert my existing Java program using (1.3.1) to the newest version of Java. The program uses Graphics and database routines. Review web site http://www.uprealimager.com For those developers interested in a small conversion project please reply for additional details. Thank you, Michael Kintner, MCSE, MGP CEO, Business Network Developer CNerd Inc 518 Queen Street Olean, New York 14760 ...

Java 1.2 Swing vs. Java 1.5 Swing
Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for $10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be missing much? Has anyone read it? Big Daddy wrote: > Has much changed from swing in java 1.2 to swing in java 1.5? I was > thinking of getting the o'reilly swing book first edition of e-bay for > $10 but it is only up to java 1.2 and is 7 years old. Would this book be > missing much? Has anyone read it? compare the online apis and see if something's depr...

Tips for backporting Java 1.6 classes into Java 1.5?
I'm writing a Swing app, and I wanted a way to filter certain rows out of a JTable. I search Sun's API to see if they had any facilities for doing this, and I while I couldn't find such an API for 1.5, there is one for 1.6: javax.swing.RowFilter (http://download.java.net/jdk6/docs/api/javax/swing/RowFilter.html) So I have a bit of a dilemma here. I don't want to have to "wait" for 1.6 to come out. I don't want to actually use a beta version of 1.6 (forcing my clients to do the same). But I don't want to implement this functionality myself, only...

Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6
I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found anydefinitive answer.I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux systemrunning Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system forunderlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hardbut I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by theversion I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rethingabout going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change hadproblems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.Now I'm thinking about it again...

Problems with Fonts porting app from Java 1.1 to Java 1.2+
Hi Folks, I have some promblems with the "Serif"-Fonts when I'm trying to run my application under Java 1.2 (or higher) on some machines (strangely it doesn't occur on every machine with 1.2+). The Problem is that the Serif-Fonts I use in the application are instanciated well if they are plain but don't work if I instanciate them bold or italic. The Font-Files in font.properties regarding the bold and italic Fonts for "Serif" are setted well and exist. Does anybody have a hint what's needed (possibly I forgot a special setup) to gain access for these Fonts? ...

Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6 #2
I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any definitive answer. I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that. Now I'm thinking abou...

java 1.5 on 1.4.2
Just need to verify something. You can not use a java 1.5 war file on a machine with java 1.4.2 loaded on it. Is this not right??? Thanks Yeah the compiled .class files shouldn't match. oracle schreef: > Just need to verify something. > > You can not use a java 1.5 war file on a machine with java 1.4.2 loaded > on it. > That depends, you can compile Java 1.5 source code to a 1.4 class file. Then it will run fine on a java 1.4.2 JVM, even with the use of generics, and other java 1.5 extensions. On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 03:00 +0200, Gerbrand van Dieijen wrote: >...

RMI between Java 1.5 and 1.4
Is it possible to get a 1.4 rmi client to talk to a 1.5 server? Achieving such "forward compatibility" is probably not on, so I'd assume that you should compile your server's remote object ( and rmic it ) using 1.4 and build the rest of your server using 1.5. However, what do you do if the 1.4 unicast remote object subclass you create makes calls on the rest of your server code written in 1.5? Many thanks in advance. Fran Cottone wrote: > Is it possible to get a 1.4 rmi client to talk to a 1.5 server? > Achieving such "forward compatibility" is probably not ...

compile directive for conditional compile for Java 1.4 versus Java 5
Does a way exist to instruct the Java compiler to compile code onlyif a certain version of Java is supported? For example, I may want tomeasure with milliseconds in Java 1.4 or nanoseconds if I'm running inJava 5.import java.io.IOException;public class JVMLoadTimeRunner { public static void main(String[] args) { long start = System.currentTimeMillis(); // only compile this linein Java 1.4 //long start = System.nanoTime(); // only compile this line in Java5 try { Process newP = Runtime.getRuntime().exec( cmd ); newP.waitFor(); long end = System.currentTimeMillis(); System.out....

polish unicode works in java 1.1, but not with Sun java 1.2 vm
I have written the interface to my applet in polish using unicode escape codes eg. \u0144 for the non latin characters. This works fine under java 1.1. ( I compiled using -target 1.1 -bootclasspath c:\jdk1.1.8 ... -extdirs "" and ran the applet using MS VM). However when the applet is used with the Sun Java VM (Java 2 v1.4)in the browser the escape codes do not work. They work for graphical output such as g.drawString("% st\u0119\u017cenia ...) but for the java awt labels and choice menus they just display little squares. So the MS VM seems to be using the correct fonts but the...

java.util.logging for Java 1.3.1
Being stuck in Java 1.3 becuase of application vendors, I would love to have a backwards port of java.util.logging libraries to 1.3. Has anybody out there have such a port? Thanks, Tim "Java script Dude" <despam2004@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:1130428022.062087.173350@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Being stuck in Java 1.3 becuase of application vendors, I would love to > have a backwards port of java.util.logging libraries to 1.3. > > Has anybody out there have such a port? There's one called Lumberjack avalable from Sourceforge. "Java scr...

Conflict Java 1.3.1 and 1.4
Hey all, Question........ I use two different webpages that are Java run. One using Version 1.3 and the other 1.4. If one of the versions is installed the other page is no longer viewable and Visa versa. Is there a way to link the version to be used by the specific page? Other solutions are welcom. The two pages are not self made. (one is BMC the other is CA made) Ivo Exactly what technology are you using here? Are these pages JSP/Servlets or Applets? If you're using JSP/Servlets, you can only use one JDK version per instance of the servlet container. You can run two cont...

Java 1.5/1.4 serialization compatible?
Hello everyone, Can a program compiled with jdk 1.5 exchange serialized objects with a program compiled with jdk 1.4.something ? Follow up question -- can a program compiled with jdk 1.5 communicate via RMI with a program compiled with jdk 1.4.something ? I'm a little confused about 1.5/1.4.x compatibility -- http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/compatibility.html isn't entirely helpful; following the "see bug 4786115" link yields "No such bug". 8^) Thanks for any light you can shed on this question. Robert Dodier ...

Java 1.4 vs 1.5 Differences
Greetings, I've begun work on updating a java 1.4 stand alone application to work with Java 1.5. It has some major problems with new version of Java. I've been trying to find a summary list of differences between the Java versions for someone familiar with Java 1.4. -ie. Enums is now a reserved word in Java 1.5 (or at least I think it is :) Would anyone know of a summary list of changes between Java 1.4 and 1.5? Thanks, -peter > -ie. Enums is now a reserved word in Java 1.5 (or at least I think it is :) enum (and not Enum) is now a reserved word :-) For the reserved words i...

Generics in Java 1.5 ( or is it java 5.0 ?... I always have confusion)
Hi, Looking at the signature of the following method in java.util.List public interface List<E> extends Collection<E> { ......... ........ ...... <T> T[] toArray(T[] a); } I wrote a small program as below: ArrayList<String> c = new ArrayList<String>(); c.add("Vikram"); c.add("Pyati"); Integer[] i = new Integer[20]; c.toArray(i); This did not give me a compilation error, though it fails at runtime giving java.lang.ArrayStoreException, which is perfect. My question is , why did the above mentioned method be declared as <E> ...

Web resources about - JBoss (java 1.4 + hibernate -> java 1.5) - comp.lang.java.programmer

Hibernate (Java) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... to database tables is accomplished through the configuration of an XML file or by using Java Annotations . When using an XML file, Hibernate ...

Bears hibernate as stocks near record highs
US stocks have been on a tear in January, moving major indexes within striking distance of all-time highs. The bearish case is a difficult one ...

James Cook University invents drug that ‘hibernates’ shot soldiers
WHEN a soldier gets shot, time is a killer: As the blood flows, the heart and brain starts to shut down. But a new battlefield treatment seeks ...

Can humans hibernate?
Scientists are learning from bears and squirrels how to send humans into deep sleep.

hibernate apps Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
If you're like me, then there are at least 2-3 apps that find a new home on your phone every week, because they just seem cool. These apps start ...

US Air Force puts Cyber Command into hibernate mode
The Air Force has suspended its much-hyped Cyber Command program as the top …

Training Class on Enterprise Java Application Development using Spring and Hibernate
I am organizing a free training class in the Austin area on "Enterprise Java Development Using Spring and Hibernate Frameworks". If you live ...

It's Winter and This Stubborn Golden Retriever Knows Where the Comfiest Spot is to Hibernate
Submitted by: (via mamafe21 ) Tagged: dogs , stubborn , lazy , couch , golden retriever , Video Share on Facebook