Maven generates needless javadocs for generated classes

I'm working on a multi-module project that is build with maven and run
on IBM WAS 6 server.
We used to use a plugin made in-house for deploying to WAS back when we
used maven 2.2.1 for the builds, but I encountered some problems with
transitive dependencies when upgrading to maven 3, and found switching
to org.codehaus.mojo:was6-maven-plugin easier than trying to get the
in-house plugin to work.
Now I have noticed that when I generate the javadocs (with
javadoc:aggregate from the multiproject directory), I end up having
javadocs for not only the classes written and maintained by ourselves,
but also for the classes generated by the deployment plugin. They just
needlessly clutter up the class list, nobody here is really interested
in the javadocs for generated classes anyway.

was6-maven-plugin generates the deployment sources in
target/generated-sources under each subproject directory and they seem
to be included in the -sourcepath option for the javadoc generation, is
there a way to leave them out and only generate from the src directory
of each project?
Or to at least skip every source file beginning with "EJS" (those
classes are all generated by the deployment plugin)?

The only helpful option I found in the javadoc plugin documentation at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/aggregate-mojo.html
was excludePackageNames, but most of the generated classes use the same
package names as our own classes.
I have tried the -Dwas6.skip command line parameter, but it didn't help.

--
Jukka Lahtinen
0

Jukka Lahtinen <jtfjdehf@hotmail.com.invalid> writes:

> I'm working on a multi-module project that is build with maven and run
> on IBM WAS 6 server.
> Now I have noticed that when I generate the javadocs (with
> javadoc:aggregate from the multiproject directory), I end up having
> javadocs for not only the classes written and maintained by ourselves,
> but also for the classes generated by the deployment plugin. They just
> was6-maven-plugin generates the deployment sources in
> target/generated-sources under each subproject directory and they seem
> to be included in the -sourcepath option for the javadoc generation, is
> there a way to leave them out and only generate from the src directory
> of each project?

OK, I tried adding the sourcepath element to the javadoc plugin
configuration to override the maven default, and it worked. This is just
a little bit ugly, because I had to define it like
${project.basedir}/module1/src/main/java;${project.basedir}/module2/src/main/java;...
listing the source directories for each of the 16 subprojects defined
within the modules element (represented here with "module1" and
"module2"), making the sourcepath element in the pom.xml uncomfortably
long.
I also tried
${project.basedir}/src/main/java;${project.basedir}/*/src/main/java;
but it didn't seem to work.

> Or to at least skip every source file beginning with "EJS" (those
> classes are all generated by the deployment plugin)?

I would really prefer having some javadoc option like
-excludeclass EJS*
but the -exclude option seems to only exclude whole packages, not
classnames defined with a pattern.

--
Jukka Lahtinen
0

Re: Generating from Singular Normal #3
mehdi_soleymani@SOFTHOME.NET wrote back: > >David, >it is no difference in IML or Data Step, the problem is having a variance- >covariance matrix which is Singular, that is a k*k matrix with rank r < k, >How I can generate multivariate normal observation. >HOWEVER, could you, David, explain your approch more? >Thanks. The theory is no different. In practice, the code needed to do the work is immensely different. So it would help a LOT if you would explain why you are trying to do this, and what tools you are using, and whether you have IML, and some estimate of the s...

why, or when to, use a class method?
Here's the example: Jukeboxes charge money for each song played, not by the minute. That makes short songs more profitable than long ones. We may want to prevent songs that take too long from being available on the SongList. We could define a class method in SongList that checked to see if a particular song exceeded the limit. We'll set this limit using a class constant, which is simply a constant (remember constants? they start with an uppercase letter) that is initialized in the class body. class SongList MaxTime =3D 5*60 # 5 minutes def SongList.isTooLong(aSong) ...

Generating phase modulation.
Hello, As I understand it, phase/frequency modulation is usually achieved by generating by directly modifying the argument of a sinusoid. However, if the task was to frequency modulate an existing signal which itself we don't generate, is there a standard way doing so, e.g. by superposing a modulating signal (probably a piecewise continuous signal) on the existing signal? In my case, phase modulation might be the more proper term. Thanks in advance! Demus <sodemus@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >As I understand it, phase/frequency modulation is usual...

Re: [ace-users] Is there an ACE class that will generate a list of files ?
Hi Johnny, >> Is there an ACE class that will generate a list of files and/or >> folders contained in a folder of your choice? You might check out ACE_Dirent which is illustrated in ACE_ROOT/tests/Dirent_Test.cpp Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt Professor and Associate Chair Electrical Engineering and Computer Science TEL: (615) 343-8197 Institute for Software Integrated Systems WEB: www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt Vanderbilt University, Nashville TN, 37203 NET: d.schmidt@vanderbilt.edu ...

RE: insertString(int,String,AttributeSet) method in the Document Class ?
I wrote the code to realize lighting specific code in the Document Object. ( this function is similar with the syntax light in the IDE) I use insertString(int,String,AttributeSet) method in the Document Class to add the light to the specific text. My algorithm is 1. search the specific word in the Document Object which is got from the StyledDocument 2. delete the specific word because it lack of the color attribute 3. insert the specific word combined with the color attribute into the document at the original position 4. search next specific word. If it exist, goto Step 2. Otherwise...

[ANN] FireStorm 1.1 Java code generator for MS SQL Server
FireStorm is a powerful development tool that dramatically reduces the amount of coding required for a typical business application by automatically generating the persistence tier. FireStorm reverse-engineers existing SQL data sources and generates a complete persistence and query service for Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE). The generated source code conforms to the widely accepted Data Access Object (DAO) design pattern and has no dependencies on any proprietary runtime libraries. FireStorm 1.1 is now available for download from: http://www.codefutures.c...

Sawtooth generation
Hi, I want to set a few things clear in my head and was hoping you could help. Sawtooths have an infinite number of harmonics, so am I right in saying that a DAC can only represent harmonics with frequencies equal to or below the Nyquist limit? In other words, if I have a sampling rate of 1000Hz, and I wish to output a sawtooth with a fundamental frequency of 200Hz, then the best I could hope for is the following signal from the DAC - (1/PI)*sin(2*PI*200*t) + (1/(2*PI))*sin(2*PI*400*t) The first and second harmonic, correct? So the first harmonic contains 50% of the power concerned with the...

generation of random noise ?
how can i generate a broadband random signal using matlab? I think I have 2 options: the use of the function "rand" or the use of "randn" (for the term broadband included?). The difference between the two is their distribution, but in my problem isn't so clear. could you please confirm me the use of one of the two ways? or should I follow a third one? thanks a lot. "nicola" <nicola.cozza@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:ef2b4e9.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > how can i generate a broadband random signal using matlab? > > I think I have 2 options...

Calling virtual method of base class nested in template class
Hi all. Here's a little quandry I've run in to and can't tell if it's a compiler bug, or if it's bad code. First, here's the code: =================================== #include <stdio.h> template < typename T > class B { public: B( ) { } class N1 { public: N1( ) { }; class N2 { public: N2( ) { }; virtual void f( ) { printf( " B< >::N1::N2::f( )\n" ); } }; }; T _m; }; class D : public B< int > { public: class N1 : public B< int >::N1 { public...

How to generate blif files from Synopsys
Hi, I need to generate a .blif file for my design. My design has both combinational and sequential logic. the write command in dc_shell generates the following file formats 1. .db (default) Synopsys internal format 2. .edif 3. equation 4. lsi (LSI corp. netlist format) 5. pla (Berkeley Espresso PLA format) 6. st (State transition) 7. td (Tegas Design Language) 8. Verilog 9. VHDL The equation and pla formats need the design to be combinational only, so I cannot generate those formats. Does anyone know how to generate .blif output formats? ...

Finally java class file encryption possible.
Distribute java program by encrypting it and keep your source code secure. Java Encryptor encrypts class files into .vin files. You will get an Java Executer (.exe) to execute the .vin (encrypted class) files. Your source code is secure. Each Java Encryptor is coded with unique key combination. Try one sample java example encrypted using two diffrent Java Encryptors. visit http://encryptjava.blogspot.in/ On Friday, October 25, 2013 3:53:33 AM UTC-7, Java Encryptor wrote: > Distribute java [sic] program by encrypting it and keep your source code = secure.=20 You n...

stock Maven News-letter
We want to congratulate all of our members who read our Trading Alert on AXCP. Did their due diligence and then acted and are now up over $3.00. We know you are GLAD you did. On THURSDAY Sept, 8 we are issuing a Trading Alert on ALLIXON INTL CORP (AXCP), today it is currently trading at $5.70, NEED WE SAY MORE !!!! But we think the fun is just beginning with this stock. It has been showing a steady move up on increasing volume. The chart on AXCP is a thing of beauty as it shows what we mentioned earlier slow and steady upward movement. It appears to us that the stock is in an accumulat...

General purpose auditing of all application generated sqls
Hi , I need to have a general puropse auditing utility to get all the sql sent by the application to the database..this has to be something other than sql_trace , tkprof etc. there are so often questions like when I do something from the front end, which tables are affected in the backend? the front end and the application is an n tier j2ee application and we want to have something like a stored procedure that a user or developer can executed from his own desktop...is that possible? thanks, Nirav Looks what you need is a tool which traces SQL*Net. This tools traces everything that goes t...

creating a similar object from an derived class
Let's say I have an object: class foo(): def create_another() return foo() def blah(): x = self.create_another() ... do something with X Now I create a inherited class of this object: class bar(foo): ... If I call bar.create_another(), it will return a foo() instead of a bar(). This isn't what I want. I would like bar.create_another() to create an instance for bar(). Obviously I can do this by overriding create_another, i.e. class bar(foo): def create_another() return bar() However, is there a way for me to modify foo() so that it autom...

packets generator
Hi, I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool that be able to generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 100bytes. Meanwhile, the packets shall be made by 1000 kinds different combination of source and destination IP address. BTW, the shareware/freeware is better. I really can't afford the tools like aglient products. Is there anyone could help me that? thanks a lot Winter song_winter@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a kind of IP packets generator tool that be able to > generate UDP packets with 125kpps by average size 10...

Linux (FC4) adding a document class win no root privileges
Hello, I am trying to create a document with a specific document class file (mydocumentclass.cls), however as I am in a computer from my university I DO NOT have root privileges. What do I need to do in order to use it, I only need to use it in a specific document, I thought that adding it to the directory where the document is located would be enough but it seems I had no luck. In article <1150208961.398853.78670@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, xtracto wrote: > Hello, I am trying to create a document with a specific document class > file (mydocumentclass.cls), however as I am i...

template class with template member function in cpp file

Generate pdf file with password protected.
Hi, I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am unable to create a pdf file with password protected. kindly help me. Regards, Prabu J -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Prabu Jayaraman <jprabu2010@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > I have small requirement to generate the pdf files with password > protected. For that I have created pdf file using FPDF library. but i am > unable to create a pdf > file with password prot...

Random Number Generator
Hi All, I am trying to generate numbers using a function which when called generates a random number but not to repeat the same number again with every call. Code looks like: reg [15:0] unique_random_number[]; int number_count; initial begin unique_random_number = new[9999]; number_count = 0; end // Function Calls unique_random_number(0,30); // 1st Call unique_random_number(0,30); // 2nd Call unique_random_number(0,30); // 3rd Call unique_random_number(0,30); // 4th Call and so on... unique_random_number(0,30); // 29th Call unique_random_number(0...

nice class example(s) for beginner
do you anyone know where I can find nice class example(s) /tutorials for beginner? GP "GP" <gp@f5web.com> wrote in message news:beef12$4q9g$1@as201.hinet.hr... > do you anyone know where I can find > nice class example(s) /tutorials for beginner? > > GP > > > type TMyclass=class private fAge:integer; procedure setage(value:integer); public procedure sayhi; function whatisyourname:string; property age read fage write setage; end; procedure tmyclass.setage(value:integer); begin if value>0 then fAge:=value; end; functi...

opcode generation
hi all can u give me a detailed link about opcode construction (x86-64) i have found this link : http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/opcode.html and a few other regards claudio Claudio Daffra wrote: > can u give me a detailed link about opcode construction (x86-64) (Please don't write "u" instead of "you". SMS-speak sounds puerile.) > i have found this link : > > http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/opcode.html Did you read AMD's documentation? AMD64 General-Purpose and System Instructions http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_p...

Mixing generators and recursion
I stumbled upon a behaviour that would be somewhat nice to have, but seemingly is not possible (in 2.3 anyway): import os, stat def walkem(directory): print "Read files in %s" % directory for filename in os.listdir(directory): pathname = os.path.join(directory, filename) if os.path.isdir(pathname): print "Before walkem: %s" % pathname walkem(pathname) print "After walkem: %s" % pathname else: yield pathname if __name__ == "__main__": for filename in walkem("&...

could this generate memory leakage?
Could this potentially generate memory leakage? def save_weights(error) best_error = error best_weights = Marshal.load(Marshal.dump(weights)) end This code runs several 1000s of times, making a copy of the best configuration for a network. best weights always points at the copy of best weights.. but I don't know what happens to the other copies that are no longer being pointed at. Ruby does garbage collection, right? Ted. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Ted Flethuseo <flethuseo@gmail.com> w...

How about a pure GNU/Linux phone service that could be used to generate income in order to finance grandiose Linux projects
On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 10:00:43 PM UTC-5, Slimer wrote: > Let's not forget, GNU/Linux advocunts, _YOU_ were the ones who said that = =20 > Android users were safe as long as they only downloaded from Google Play.= =20 > All hail Google's malware magnet OS! Where is Richard Stallman? Richard Stallman should be leading the charge to convert Android smartphone= s over to PURE GNU/Linux. Where is he? Rather than live off the fat of the land, hiding in GNUville, Richard shoul= d be working on a simple solution to covert smartphone hardware into the FR= ...

Do you REALLY write your tests before your classes? Or with them
I firmly believe in Unit Tests and Cruise Control and all that. But I have a difficult time writing my unit test before I write my code. Do you folks really write the tests BEFORE you implement your classes? Certainly by the end of a day or perhaps before checkin you should have your unit tests in place. But do you have to write the tests first to get the benifits? George wrote: > I firmly believe in Unit Tests and Cruise Control and all that. > > But I have a difficult time writing my unit test before I write my > code. This might be due to a misunderstanding: Test-first does...