On selectonemenu change uncheck checkbox - JSF/RichFaces

I have to uncheck a selectBooleanCheckbox lower down in the form IF it
is checked.

So I added the showOnWebAjx id to the reRender shown below.

<h:selectOneMenu id="estatus" value="#{itemHome.instance.estatus}"
    required="true">
    <f:selectItems id="estatuses"
        value="#{mconsoleContext.ecometryItemStatusCodes}" />
    <a:support event="onchange"
        reRender="showOnWebAjx, ecycleWeeksAjx, orderSizeFoodPoAjx,
upcAjx, kitAjx, preOrderAjx, priorityProcessingAjx"

actionListener="#{itemHome.resetPreOrderAndPriorityProcessingFlag}"
        ajaxSingle="true" />
</h:selectOneMenu>

I don't know how to uncheck the box but with the below code I can tell
when it is C1 or H1 (2 of the values where we want to uncheck the box,
the rest of the time we do nothing)

<s:decorate id="showOnWebFlagDecoration"
    template="/layout/edit.xhtml">
    <ui:define name="label">#{messages.showOnWebFlag}</ui:define>

<a:outputPanel id="showOnWebAjx">

<c:if test="#{'C1' eq itemHome.instance.estatus || 'H1' eq
itemHome.instance.estatus}">UNCHECK showOnWebFlag!!</c:if>

    <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id="showOnWebFlag"
        value="#{itemHome.instance.showOnWebFlag}"/>

</a:outputPanel>

</s:decorate>

The a:outputPanel and c:if test are my additions.

What is the proper / correct way to uncheck that box using JSF and/or
RichFaces?
0
Danjojo
9/7/2010 1:19:32 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52427 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 7, 9:19=A0am, Danjojo <dlcac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to uncheck a selectBooleanCheckbox lower down in the form IF it
> is checked.
>
> So I added the showOnWebAjx id to the reRender shown below.
>
> <h:selectOneMenu id=3D"estatus" value=3D"#{itemHome.instance.estatus}"
> =A0 =A0 required=3D"true">
> =A0 =A0 <f:selectItems id=3D"estatuses"
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 value=3D"#{mconsoleContext.ecometryItemStatusCodes}" />
> =A0 =A0 <a:support event=3D"onchange"
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 reRender=3D"showOnWebAjx, ecycleWeeksAjx, orderSizeFoodPo=
Ajx,
> upcAjx, kitAjx, preOrderAjx, priorityProcessingAjx"
>
> actionListener=3D"#{itemHome.resetPreOrderAndPriorityProcessingFlag}"
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ajaxSingle=3D"true" />
> </h:selectOneMenu>
>
> I don't know how to uncheck the box but with the below code I can tell
> when it is C1 or H1 (2 of the values where we want to uncheck the box,
> the rest of the time we do nothing)
>
> <s:decorate id=3D"showOnWebFlagDecoration"
> =A0 =A0 template=3D"/layout/edit.xhtml">
> =A0 =A0 <ui:define name=3D"label">#{messages.showOnWebFlag}</ui:define>
>
> <a:outputPanel id=3D"showOnWebAjx">
>
> <c:if test=3D"#{'C1' eq itemHome.instance.estatus || 'H1' eq
> itemHome.instance.estatus}">UNCHECK showOnWebFlag!!</c:if>
>
> =A0 =A0 <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id=3D"showOnWebFlag"
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 value=3D"#{itemHome.instance.showOnWebFlag}"/>
>
> </a:outputPanel>
>
> </s:decorate>
>
> The a:outputPanel and c:if test are my additions.
>
> What is the proper / correct way to uncheck that box using JSF and/or
> RichFaces?

Set the corresponding backing bean property to 'false'.

--
Lew
0
On Sep 7, 10:26=A0am, Lew <l...@lewscanon.com> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 9:19=A0am, Danjojo <dlcac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I have to uncheck a selectBooleanCheckbox lower down in the form IF it
> > is checked.
>
> > So I added the showOnWebAjx id to the reRender shown below.
>
> > <h:selectOneMenu id=3D"estatus" value=3D"#{itemHome.instance.estatus}"
> > =A0 =A0 required=3D"true">
> > =A0 =A0 <f:selectItems id=3D"estatuses"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 value=3D"#{mconsoleContext.ecometryItemStatusCodes}" />
> > =A0 =A0 <a:support event=3D"onchange"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 reRender=3D"showOnWebAjx, ecycleWeeksAjx, orderSizeFood=
PoAjx,
> > upcAjx, kitAjx, preOrderAjx, priorityProcessingAjx"
>
> > actionListener=3D"#{itemHome.resetPreOrderAndPriorityProcessingFlag}"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ajaxSingle=3D"true" />
> > </h:selectOneMenu>
>
> > I don't know how to uncheck the box but with the below code I can tell
> > when it is C1 or H1 (2 of the values where we want to uncheck the box,
> > the rest of the time we do nothing)
>
> > <s:decorate id=3D"showOnWebFlagDecoration"
> > =A0 =A0 template=3D"/layout/edit.xhtml">
> > =A0 =A0 <ui:define name=3D"label">#{messages.showOnWebFlag}</ui:define>
>
> > <a:outputPanel id=3D"showOnWebAjx">
>
> > <c:if test=3D"#{'C1' eq itemHome.instance.estatus || 'H1' eq
> > itemHome.instance.estatus}">UNCHECK showOnWebFlag!!</c:if>
>
> > =A0 =A0 <h:selectBooleanCheckbox id=3D"showOnWebFlag"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 value=3D"#{itemHome.instance.showOnWebFlag}"/>
>
> > </a:outputPanel>
>
> > </s:decorate>
>
> > The a:outputPanel and c:if test are my additions.
>
> > What is the proper / correct way to uncheck that box using JSF and/or
> > RichFaces?
>
> Set the corresponding backing bean property to 'false'.
>
> --
> Lew

Like this?

	public void resetShowOnWebFlag(ActionEvent ae){
		String status =3D getInstance().getEstatus();
		if ("C1".equals(status)	|| "H1".equals(status)) {
			getInstance().setShowOnWebFlag(false);
		}
	}
0
dlcacuff (5)

CheckBox in Column of JTable: Exception: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean
Hello, I have discovered a hidden error. My project was working for awhile, but then I started to get the below error. My error comes from the fact that I'm using a checkbox in a jtable, and I'm using the below "getColumnClass". Thank you, compile: run: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean at javax.swing.JTable$BooleanRenderer.getTableCellRendererComponent(JTable.java:5412) at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(JTable.java:5735) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCell(BasicTableUI.java:2114) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paintCells(BasicTableUI.java:2016) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableUI.paint(BasicTableUI.java:1812) at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(ComponentUI.java:161) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(JComponent.java:778) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1054) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5221) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1482) at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1413) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1206) at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5169) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4980) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:770) at javax.swing.RepaintM...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Checkbox problem

java.lang vs java.util
Surprising to see something defined in java.lang <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on something defined in java.util <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > Surprising to see something defined in java.lang > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on > something defined in java.util > <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. > > Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? I think Iterable may make it into java.lang because of its significance in the foreach statement. Patricia On 04/02/2011 12:23 AM, Patricia Shanahan wrote: > On 4/1/2011 9:11 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: >> Surprising to see something defined in java.lang >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/lang/Iterable.html> depend on >> something defined in java.util >> <http://developer.android.com/reference/java/util/Iterator.html>. >> >> Surely the hierarchy should go the other way? Not if it wants to be consistent with http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ don't'cha think? And the so-called "hierarchy" of java.util and java.lang is that they are equal. The language reserves for itself the entire panoply of java.* and javax.* packages. > I think It...

Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please reply with YES or NO.
Hi, Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class java.lang.reflect.Method? Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments after it if you wish. I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. Kind regards, Paka Paka Small wrote: > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > java.lang.reflect.Method? It's not subject to vote. It's defined by the language. You might as well ask, "Is 'int' a primitive or a reference type?". Your vote will not change reality. > Please put YES or NO as the first word in your reply. Add comments > after it if you wish. > > I'll make a YES/NO count after some time. And what exactly do you hope to accomplish by this exercise? Distinguish who knows Java from those who don't? A method is not a class, and a class is not a method. That's reality in Java. The law of gravity is not subject to repeal by opinion, and neither is this. Instead of wasting your time and trying to waste ours conducting meaningless polls, why don't you read the material linked upthread and learn the truth for yourself? Learn the truth and it will set you free, or at least keep you from making errors like claiming that methods and classes are the same in Java. -- Lew On 5 feb, 20:38, Lew <lewbl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Paka Small wrote: > > Poll: Is a Java Method an Instance of the Java Class > > java.lang.reflect.Method? > > It's not sub...

java.io.File to java.lang.String
What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by ajava.io.File object into a String? Benjamin wrote:> What's the best way to get the contents of a file represented by a> java.io.File object into a String?> You don't specify what you consider best so how about simple as best? Now for my curiosity, why would you want to do this?import java.io.*;public class test { public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception { ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); File f = new File(args[0]); FileInputStream fis = new ...

Certified Java Programmer (Sun Java 2)
I'm very interested in Java, and I would very much like to work with Java as a professional programmer. I have a degree as an electronics engineer (from 1996), but unfortunately, I can't get a job as a programmer with this diploma, because it is to old, and courses in modern OOP are missing. What should I do to get a Certificate as a Java (2) programmer? -I've heard that Sun Microsystems have examination as "Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer" and "Sun Certified Java 2 Developer". I think, that I could study Java 2 at home with my own computer (With Suns Java 2 S...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
tearing my hair out on this one.Thuis started as an upgrade issue till i realised that my un-usedtomcat5 installation didn't work either with my test jsp.I have, in desparation, un-installed all java / tomcat libs and re-installed only those required to get thetomcat6-6.0.14-1jpp.noarch.rpm (and the band-waggon) loadedfirst I installed java_app_platform_sdk-5_02-linux.binthis shows (after I set alternatives to point to the /opt/SDK/jdkdirecrtory)[root@squirrel ~]# javac -versionjavac 1.6.0java shows the same.I have set the following in profileCLASSPATH=$JDKHOME:$JDKHOME/lib/tools.jarJAVA_H...

How to define java.lang.Object using java IDL
Hi all, I have a function like: boolean method(java.lang.Object param). How can I define this using java IDL? In another words, I need to pass an instance of java.lang.Object from Client to Server using CORBA. Is this possible? I would be nice simply to typecast the Object at Server-side into whatever needed. How about without typecasts, is this possible in any way, for example using a helper function like: java.lang.Object anyToJavaLangObject(Any value) Code examples ?!? Thanks in advance Juha Rossi ...

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path
Hello i got following exception: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lsxbe in java.library.path My source code looks like the examples of the Notes homepage. import lotus.domino.*; public class Main extends NotesThread{ public static void main(String argv[]){ System.err.println(System.getProperty("java.library.path")); // System.load("C:/Programme/lotus/notes/lsxbe.dll"); Main t = new Main(); t.start(); } public void runNotes(){ try{ Session s = NotesFactory.createSession("localhost&qu...

How do java programmers cope with java missing c++ const?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
Hi, Can anyone help me for this exception which I am getting whil trying to conenct to MYSQL server thru TOMCAT. Thanks Maneesh org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver', cause: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:730) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:518) at foo.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:23) at org.apache.jsp.test_jsp._jspService(test_jsp.java:51) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256) at org.apache...

Unchecking Checkbox
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. It is GREATLY appreciated. I have a ckPrint box that is used to select print items. I would like to know, how I can programatically uncheck ALL the checkboxes, once all the selected records are printed? I would also like to know if there is a way to determine which records were printed, and offer a reprint option, if it's not too difficult? Thank you again, Michael Lumpierbritches wrote: > Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. It is GREATLY appreciated. > > I have a ckPrint box that is used to select print items. I w...

Unchecking Checkboxes
I have 2 different links to the same function - one is just text and the other is a checkbox. I want to keep the checkboxes in synch with the rest of the form. For example, if a user clicks the 'Hide Company Board' text link below, I also want chkCompanyBoard within the frmCheckboxes form to to be unchecked. Thanks. function hideLayer(whichLayer) { document.getElementById(whichLayer).style.display = 'none'; var strshowhide=0; frmPanelStatus.location.href="panelstatus.asp?showhide=" + strshowhide + "&whichLayer=" + whichLayer; } <a href="jav...

Unchecking checkboxes
Is it possible to force a checkbox to be unchecked based on checking another checkbox? That is, when the user selects one option, I want to de-select other options... Thanks! Hi, set the Callback of each CheckBox object to : h=findobj(gcbf,'style','radio'); set(h,'value',0); set(gcbo,'value',1); or put all the CheckBox objects in a UiButtonGroup object : p=uibuttongroup('position',[.1 .1 .5 .5]); uicontrol('style','radio','parent',p,'position',[10 50 50 20]) uicontrol('style','radio','parent'...

How to notify Matlab about Java object change in Matlab Java Interface?
Hello, Does anybody has any idea how to update Matlab function about Java object change ? It could be done by polling: while JavaObj.getValue()=='not done yet' pause(1); end But polling is evil. There should be more elegant way to do this job ... I've checked 'Matlab Java Interface' docs : http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f6671.html , but found nothing on the subject :( Thanks in advance for your help, Could you use javacomponent to set up the object, and set a callback to repond to the changed value? On Apr 21, 5:44=A0pm, &...

Java Programmer
Programmer needed to help reprogram a state fingerprint information system (SAFIS) that interfaces info a criminal history application. Duties will include programming a new interface in Java, based on socket technology that takes the formatted record and converts it into a well formed XML record that is then routed to the criminal history application for processing. Skills required include: 3+yrs experience developing command-line Java applications, XML, SML schemas, and XSLT technologies. Practical experience developing ROMA and MQSeries message-oriented middleware required in addition to experience with WebSphere Application Developer Studio and Clearcase. Any experience with statewide technical architecture and/or criminal justice systems is preferred. For further consideration, please email your resume AS AN ATTACHMENT to: recruiter@worldkeyconsulting.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

java programmer
Hi, I'm looking for a skilled a Java programmer in New Zealand to set up a an innovate IT company. Please reply if you are interested. Kind regards, M. ...

java programmers
Hi Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area? <tuurbo46@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1138119342.576786.5720@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Are there any java programmers in the Lymington, Hampshire, UK area? > Nope - it is a universal anomaly and no one really has an explanation. Several cultists, and philosophers have proposed some very odd speculations - which a group of athiests is sharply rejecting based on speculation. Currently, there are no scientific investigations looking for a credible cause. -- LTP :) On Tue...

Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object on OO Tumia
Hi, Your are kindly invited to check out the scenario "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object": 1. The user surfs to for example java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object): http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.equals%28java.lang.object%29_p1.html 2. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object). 3. The user selects a Related Instance (for example java.lang.Object.getClass()) that as a Sibling of java.lang.Object.equals(java.lang.Object) is a method of java.lang.Object. 4. The system displays http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html 5. The user selects some external links about java.lang.Object.getClass(). The user repeats steps 3-5 for other sibling java methods until done. On the object-oriented directory Tumia "Navigate between Sibling Java Methods of java.lang.Object" is a specific scenario of the use case "Navigate to Related Tumia Instances". In fact this sibling relationship between the concerned java methods is automatically derived from the link "of java.lang.Object" those java methods have in common. By the way troughout Tumia these kind of sibling relationships derived from a common link are being automatically realised and presented to the user for navigating. Sibling Energy Instances that Mitigate Earth Global Warming 2000 AD are a similar example: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/nuclear_energy_p1.html Kind...

warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated
Dear Java Programmers, When compiling my Java program I get the following warning: "warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated" on for example this statement: new Date("09/23/2003") The code is used to generate the dates on a webpage. Depending on the language of the webpage the generated format is different. For example English (see "Date" and "Choose publication" on the page opened): http://home.scarlet.be/kenya-belgium/list_5_en/a_kenyan_birthday_party_and_a_belgian_birthday_party.html French: http://home.scarlet....

Web resources about - On selectonemenu change uncheck checkbox - JSF/RichFaces - comp.lang.java.programmer

A Tough Lesson in AJAX, JSF and Client-Side State
Last week I learned a tough lesson in AJAX, JSF and client-side component state. This one had me fooled for the better part of a day, in part ...

YouKu
Quick links to popular questions: “large” dataset crashes Gridview when Scrolling. Win32 error SVG zoom with mouse wheel inside HTML document ...

Green's Opinion: AJAX
Last week I learned a tough lesson in AJAX, JSF and client-side component state. This one had me fooled for the better part of a day, in part ...

Green's Opinion: RichFaces