f



once more unto the breach dear friends

Background Geolocation is within our grasp chaps. Have at it!


https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-dev/kDq4t93zbpA 

0
Richard
11/30/2016 12:07:02 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52714 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
121 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

On 11/30/2016 6:07 AM, Richard Maher wrote:
> Background Geolocation is within our grasp chaps. Have at it!
>
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-dev/kDq4t93zbpA

Maybe for devices with built in GPS receivers.

My ISP does not report their IP information accurately, and I have been 
on many others that not only don't report the information correctly, at 
random intervals they change it from one incorrect city to another.

Even more fun when I am tunneled through a VPN that goes out through a 
load balancer which includes multiple cities, all very far away from 
where I actually am.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw@qsl.net_work


0
John
11/30/2016 2:23:15 PM
In article <o1mnb5$if1$1@dont-email.me>, "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw@qsl.net_work> writes:
>On 11/30/2016 6:07 AM, Richard Maher wrote:
>> Background Geolocation is within our grasp chaps. Have at it!
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-dev/kDq4t93zbpA
>
>Maybe for devices with built in GPS receivers.

That is why I refuse to carry a mobile phone.  The *ONLY* GPS unit I possess
is one that transmits its coordinates on 900MHz for rocket location/recovery.
I get very annoyed when I'm out with people that insist on Facebooking their
life's every moment including me in their list of associates whereever they
are situated.  If I wanted the world to know my whereabouts, I've have that
"Logan's Run" life-clock/locator chip installed in my palm. 

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG

I speak to machines with the voice of humanity.
0
VAXman
11/30/2016 4:05:40 PM
On 11/30/16 16:05, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

>
> That is why I refuse to carry a mobile phone.  The *ONLY* GPS unit I possess
> is one that transmits its coordinates on 900MHz for rocket location/recovery.
> I get very annoyed when I'm out with people that insist on Facebooking their
> life's every moment including me in their list of associates whereever they
> are situated.  If I wanted the world to know my whereabouts, I've have that
> "Logan's Run" life-clock/locator chip installed in my palm.
>

I only carry a mobile if i'm going out and may need telco capability.
It's an old Motorola clamshell type that just makes calls. Understand
it will do texts, but never tried to use it. Any more capability than
that and would take a laptop to log in to one of the nationwide wifi
hotspots that my isp (BT) provides free, as part of the package...

Regards,

Chris

0
Chris
12/1/2016 4:38:21 PM
Reply: