Opinions requested on my blog post about primitive obsession.

So, I just finished the first draft of an article on the benefits of avoiding primitive obsession.  I'd like some feedback on the article. <shameless>Also, posting this message is a good way to promote my blog.</shameless>Any feedback is very welcome. Either using the comment system, or by following up on this thread.  Comment system is preferred (think of it as a followup-to header).<http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/program-design/2007/10/28/primitive-obsession/>Thanks,Daniel.P.S.  If anyone has an opinion, positive or negative, about my "advertising" my blog-posts in this manor, feel free to let me know here.  I don't want to be classified as a spammer, and I feel that I contribute enough to this community that the occasional unsolicited message is appropriate.  Let me know if you feel otherwise.-- Daniel Pitts' Tech Blog: <http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/>
0
Daniel
10/28/2007 7:23:37 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 52704 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:23:37 -0700, Daniel Pitts<newsgroup.spamfilter@virtualinfinity.net> wrote, quoted or indirectlyquoted someone who said :>P.S.  If anyone has an opinion, positive or negative, about my >"advertising" my blog-posts in this manor, feel free to let me know >here.  I don't want to be classified as a spammer, and I feel that I >contribute enough to this community that the occasional unsolicited >message is appropriate.  Let me know if you feel otherwise.the big advantage to your way, is you can modify your essay based onthe feedback.  If you do it via posts, your errors sit there foreverto mislead others.So I figure anything more that a couple of paragraphs should be postedas html.-- Roedy Green Canadian Mind ProductsThe Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com
0
Roedy
10/28/2007 11:00:48 PM
quoted someone who said :

><http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/program-design/2007/10/28/primitive-obsession/>

I have been lobbying since the 1970s  for units of measure as a built
in feature to create a friendly language for engineers.

If you have both British and ISO measure in the same program, SO many
errors happen because of invalid assumptions about measure.  Even with
pure ISO, powers of 10 errors are easy to make.

With declared units of measure you can have:
1. dimensionality consistency checks.
2. automatic unit conversion.

Units of measure are NOT classes. They are compile time modifiers to
primitives.  You could think of them as generics for primitives.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/unitsofmeasure.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com
0
Roedy
10/28/2007 11:05:58 PM
Roedy Green <see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> writes:>Units of measure are NOT classes. They are compile time modifiers to>primitives.  You could think of them as generics for primitives.  They can be used in Fortresshttp://research.sun.com/projects/plrg/Fortress/overview.html  Language Specificationhttp://research.sun.com/projects/plrg/fortress.pdf  JVM-based interpreter for a subset of the languagehttp://fortress.sunsource.net/
0
ram
10/28/2007 11:22:28 PM
On Oct 29, 10:05 am, Roedy Green <see_webs...@mindprod.com.invalid>
wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:23:37 -0700, Daniel Pitts
> <newsgroup.spamfil...@virtualinfinity.net> wrote, quoted or indirectly
> quoted someone who said :
>
> ><http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/program-design/2007/10/28/primit...>
>
> I have been lobbying since the 1970s  for units of measure as a built
> in feature to create a friendly language for engineers.

I understand completely :-)

Before I moved into the IT world, I spent many years in the
metal and engineering trades, converting between Metric and
Imperial units on a daily basis.

> If you have both British and ISO measure in the same program, SO many
> errors happen because of invalid assumptions about measure.  Even with
> pure ISO, powers of 10 errors are easy to make.

Indeed.

> With declared units of measure you can have:
> 1. dimensionality consistency checks.
> 2. automatic unit conversion.
>
> Units of measure are NOT classes. They are compile time modifiers to
> primitives.  You could think of them as generics for primitives.

I don't see why the couldn't be represented as classes.
Units can be viewed as an abstraction to measurement types.

I haven't used AutoCAD in a while, but I'm reasonably sure that they
worked with units in such a way - You just specify the unit type and
begin drawing.

--
Chris

0
Chris
10/29/2007 4:37:51 AM
On Oct 29, 12:05 am, Roedy Green <see_webs...@mindprod.com.invalid>
wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:23:37 -0700, Daniel Pitts
> <newsgroup.spamfil...@virtualinfinity.net> wrote, quoted or indirectly
> quoted someone who said :
>
> ><http://virtualinfinity.net/wordpress/program-design/2007/10/28/primit...>
>
> I have been lobbying since the 1970s  for units of measure as a built
> in feature to create a friendly language for engineers.

And that's why people have developed frink. http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdocs/

It didn't take them 30 years of lobbying. Just some Java coding.

> If you have both British and ISO measure in the same program,

ISO? Do you mean SI? ISO doesn't do units.

> If you have SO many
> errors happen because of invalid assumptions about measure.  Even with
> pure ISO, powers of 10 errors are easy to make.
>
> With declared units of measure you can have:
> 1. dimensionality consistency checks.
> 2. automatic unit conversion.

>From an interactive  Frink session (first line after an empty line is
the input, followed by Frink's response):

Frink
Copyright 2000-2007 Alan Eliasen, eliasen@mindspring.com
http://futureboy.us/frinkdocs/
Enter calculations in the text field at bottom.
Use up/down arrows to repeat/modify previous calculations.

var m is mass = 10 pounds
45359237/10000000 (exactly 4.5359237) kg (mass)

m = 11 pounds
498951607/100000000 (exactly 4.98951607) kg (mass)

m = 11 meters
BasicContext:  Cannot set symbol m, ContextFrame threw exception:
  Constraint not met--value must have dimensions of mass

m = 1 kg
1 kg (mass)

m -> pound
100000000/45359237 (approx. 2.2046226218487757)

10 volt
10 m^2 s^-3 kg A^-1 (electric_potential)

20 amp
20 A (current)

10 volt * 20 amp
200 m^2 s^-3 kg (power)

10 volt * 20 amp -> watt
200

10 volt * 20 amp -> meter
 Conformance error
   Left side is: 200 m^2 s^-3 kg (power)
  Right side is: 1 m (length)

var p is power = 10 volt * 20 amp
200 m^2 s^-3 kg (power)

p = 10 watt
10 m^2 s^-3 kg (power)

0
Hunter
10/29/2007 6:58:17 AM
Roedy Green wrote:> I have been lobbying since the 1970s  for units of measure as a built> in feature to create a friendly language for engineers.  The Measures and Units API (JSR-275) seems to be the answer to your efforts.See introductory article:<http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-10-2007/jw-10-jsr275.html>As the article states, there is still no decision on inclusion of the JSR-275 API in Java 7.  Up to now, there is also no mention of 'javax.measure' package in official list of Java 7 packages (http://download.java.net/jdk7/docs/api/).  So, my guess is that we should wait a bit longer for that...  Hopefully, intermediately we may use mentioned in the article the reference "draft" implementation from the JScience project (http://jscience.org/).piotr
0
Piotr
10/29/2007 10:48:37 AM
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:05:58 GMT, Roedy Green<see_website@mindprod.com.invalid> wrote, quoted or indirectly quotedsomeone who said :>If you have both British and ISO measureoops British and SI measure.-- Roedy Green Canadian Mind ProductsThe Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com
0
Roedy
10/29/2007 12:23:04 PM
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:37:51 -0700, "Chris ( Val )"<chrisval@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone whosaid :>I don't see why the couldn't be represented as classes.>Units can be viewed as an abstraction to measurement types.If you make them a something like generics for primitives, they havezero run time extra overhead.  This is important forcomputation-intensive engineering programs.-- Roedy Green Canadian Mind ProductsThe Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com
0
Roedy

Request Opinions on a typical Java development environment (non-Windows)
Hi, I'm a recent convert to the Linux community and was wondering if someone could provide me with some pointers on how I should go about my Java development. Here are my questions. what linux flavour should I use? red-hat, gentoo, suse, etc... what linux gui should i use? gnome or kde (are there others?) what java ide exists on linux? i've heard of eclipse, is this is the best? what web server should i set up? is this apache? (are there others) what database can i use while developing? (no clue here) I'm hoping that some Linux based Java developers read this post, all i'm looking for is a breakdown of what's on your workstation. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Kal. Kal wrote: > Hi, > > I'm a recent convert to the Linux community and was wondering if > someone could provide me with some pointers on how I should go about > my Java development. > > Here are my questions. > > what linux flavour should I use? red-hat, gentoo, suse, etc... any > what linux gui should i use? gnome or kde (are there others?) any > what java ide exists on linux? i've heard of eclipse, is this is the > best? netbeans eclipse the best is... i'm not going to start a holy war... > what web server should i set up? is this apache? (are there others) > what database can i use while developing? (no clue here) any that has a jdbc driver available, like MySQL, firebird... > > I'm hoping that som...

Request for Programmers
Hi, I am a Flash/PHP developer and newly appointed member of the Pod Developer Advisory Board at SMS.ac, the world's largest online community of mobile users. SMS.ac is currently looking for more developers to create quality games/apps to offer to its growing base of over 50 million registered users. As a developer, you can monetize your existing apps and/or content quickly. There is absolutely no cost to you and SMS.ac pays you for each subscription on an on-going, monthly basis. I have developed over 20 PHP/Flash "Pods" (SMS.ac app) over the past few months in my spare time and I am now looking for a few eager developers to mentor while they develop their first quality Pod. You can submit your existing Flash apps immediately or take a few hours to wrap interesting SMS features into them. Either way, you can monetize your apps in hours. If you are interested, you can start right away by registering using the following link. This will allow me to get "credit" for your arrival and mentor you throughout the process of creating Pods for SMS.ac users to enjoy. http://www.kprobe.com/kprobe/sms.htm Best regards, Mark Kolb www.kprobe.com marko wrote: > Hi, > > I am a Flash/PHP developer and newly appointed member of the Pod > Developer Advisory Board at SMS.ac, the world's largest online > community of mobile users. > > SMS.ac is currently looking for more developers to create quality > games/apps to offer to its growi...

Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on OO Tumia
Hi, You are kindly invited to check out the Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object oriented directory Tumia: http://www.tumia.org/en/directory/en/java.lang.object.getclass%28%29_p1.html - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper toolbar: - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass() links or - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance. Kind regards, Paka Small ...

Interesting blog post

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
When I start Eclipse for run bassplugin on Vuze trough "Run Configuration", I find this problem: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at com.ti.bass.core.BassPlugin.initialize(BassPlugin.java:195) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer$8.run(PluginInitializer.java:1646) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.utils.UtilitiesImpl.callWithPluginThreadContext(UtilitiesImpl.java:986) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.initialisePlugin(PluginInitializer.java:1636) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.access$3(PluginInitializer.java:1604) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer$2.run(PluginInitializer.java:1393) at org.gudy.azureus2.pluginsimpl.local.PluginInitializer.initialisePlugins(PluginInitializer.java:1572) at com.aelitis.azureus.core.impl.AzureusCoreImpl.start(AzureusCoreImpl.java:870) at com.aelitis.azureus.ui.swt.Initializer.run(Initializer.java:534) at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread$7.runSupport(SWTThread.java:283) at org.gudy.azureus2.core3.util.AERunnable.run(AERunnable.java:38) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to locate required data through reflection at com.ti.bass.core.listeners.BassDownloadPeerListener.<clinit>(BassDownloadPeerListener.java:132) ... 12 more Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: main_announcer at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Unknown Source) at c...

Testing the Post request
Hi, Below is a bit of code that I intend to use to perform a http "Post" request to an another application - which is still under development. I would like to verify the implemention of this method ie it will perform a http POST request with the xml content to the specified URL. I want to avoid mocking the HttpClient class. I would like to effectively see this method perform the a actions and and some stub application receive the request ( get I presume). Any help, with example code pls, would be very much appreciated. Thank You. Pete code => public void sendResponse() { String url = "URL"; String xmldata = "xml data"; PostMethod post = new PostMethod(url); final RequestEntity entity = new StringRequestEntity(xmldata); post.setRequestEntity(entity); // Specify content type and encoding post.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1"); // Get HTTP client HttpClient httpclient = new HttpClient(); // Execute request try { int result = httpclient.executeMethod(post); } catch (Exception e) { System.out.print("exception encountered " + e.toString()); } finally { post.releaseConnection(); } } ...

flatfish: what is your obsession as to where I post from ?
From: Patricia <patty_fitz_del_henry@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: for those of you new to COLA X-No-Archive: Yes NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.190.99.62 flatfish (Gary Stewart) wrote in message msg: <ovaPc.20890$cL2.9690800@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net> > Maybe you are not aware Daeron, but it appears your server > is not secured properly. Since when did 'pattie' become an expert on IP protocols ? On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:09:34 +0000, Patricia wrote: > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:04:10 -0600, Hamilcar Barca wrote: > >> In article <da46811d.0408011128.5f61480b@posting.google.com> (Sun, 01 Aug >> 2004 12:28:37 -0700), Daeron wrote: >> >>> From: Patricia <patty_fitz_del_henry@yahoo.com> >>> Subject: Re: for those of you new to COLA >>> X-No-Archive: Yes >>> NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.190.99.62 >>> >>>> Maybe you are not aware Daeron, but it appears your server >>>> is not secured properly. >>> >>> Since when did 'pattie' become an expert on IP protocols ? >> >> Flatfish are quite knowledgeable when it comes to Ichthyological Parasites. > > If you can prove I am Flatfish be my guest. > If not, shut your trap and go back to grade school. Your are already doing a great job of proving this. On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:28:37 -0700, Daeron wrote: > From: Patricia <patty_fitz_del_henry@yahoo.com> > Subject: Re: for t...

Interesting blog post
http://www.yosefk.com/blog/my-history-with-forth-stack-machines.html Honest assessment of somebody getting into forth.. and failing. Well worth the read. -Mux Mux <spam_catcher123@hotmail.com> writes: > http://www.yosefk.com/blog/my-history-with-forth-stack-machines.html > > Honest assessment of somebody getting into forth.. and failing. Well > worth the read. I didn't manage to thank you earlier for posting that. I read it a couple weeks ago and it was interesting. I just re-read it in the midst of all these GA-related discussions and it was even more interesting. Thanks. On Nov 10, 1:43=A0am, Paul Rubin <no.em...@nospam.invalid> wrote: > Mux <spam_catcher...@hotmail.com> writes: > >http://www.yosefk.com/blog/my-history-with-forth-stack-machines.html > > > Honest assessment of somebody getting into forth.. and failing. Well > > worth the read. > > I didn't manage to thank you earlier for posting that. =A0I read it a > couple weeks ago and it was interesting. =A0I just re-read it in the mids= t > of all these GA-related discussions and it was even more interesting. > Thanks. I think it shows that you can't develop a Forth culture, even within a small setting, overnight. Forth is just too different. You can learn Forth quickly, but it takes years to really become good at it. Any way of working that is far from the beaten path takes commitment from management and time to develop. Once a co...

Java Programmer Research
Hello, My name is John Jordan and I am a researcher in the Computer Science Division at the University of California, Berkeley. Under the supervision of Professor Susan L. Graham, I have developed a tool that enables programmers to compose and modify code with fewer keystrokes, with the goals of speeding up coding and helping those with RSI. The tool extends Eclipse's Java editor and makes a unique interaction mode available to the programmer. I would like to invite you to take part in a survey intended to evaluate the usefulness of this tool. The survey is online and will take approximately 10 minutes. During the survey, you will be asked a few questions about your habits and experiences with programming tasks. If you have any questions about the survey, you may contact me by e-mail: jjjordan@cs.berkeley.edu. If you have any questions regarding your treatment or rights as a participant in this research project, please contact the University of California at Berkeley's Committee for Protection of Human Subjects at (510) 642-7461 or subjects@uclink.berkeley.edu. The survey is online at http://sequoia.cs.berkeley.edu/survey/ Thank you, John J. Jordan Harmonia Research Project Computer Science Division University of California, Berkeley ...

urllib2: post request to textarea

Reconstructing a POST request and redirecting?
I am working on a PHP 4 app that interacts with an external authorization server. The external server does "third-party" authorization of users. So I do the following: 1) Each of my PHP scripts has an include file (require_once) that checks to see if the current user has recently been authorized. 2) If not, the user is "handed off" to the external server. I do this by building the necessary URL for authorization and using refresh to perform the redirection. 3) The external server authorizes the user by asking them to login. 4) The external server then redirects the user's browser back to a predefined URL on my server. I have created a MySQL database, indexed by user ID, that stores the current URL request (to my server), the request type (GET/POST), and the GET & POST arguments. Before I hand the user off to the external server, I store all that information in the database. This all works fine so far. What I need to do now, in item 4 above, is look up the URL request info from the database, reconstruct the GET/POST request, and redirect the user's browser to that reconstructed destination. All I need is some helpful code snippets to show me a clean way to reconstruct POST requests; getting the headers right and such, and telling the user's browser to execute/fetch that POST request. If it matters, I am using the PEAR libraries for HTTP requests and I have no problem using Javascript based solutions. Does anybody have a code snippet...

java.lang.InternalError: fillbuf ????
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000007020001030903080402 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody help me? I'm desperate!!! I'm writing a program in Java to deal with xml files and when the file volume.xml (attached) is being parsed, the following exception occurs and I don't what the problem is. Please, if you know why it happens or a site where I could ask, tell me. Best, Juanma Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: fillbuf at org.apache.crimson.parser.InputEntity.parsedContent(InputEntity.java:545) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1826) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507) at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779) at org.ap...

Post-Segmentation Help Request
Dear MATLAB community: I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have only a small amount of MATLAB expertice. THE SITUATION: My project topic is in image post-processing, and involves accepting an input image -- specifically a grayscale ultrasound image -- and segmenting the lumen of the target (i.e. differentiating the vessel walls of the target from the endothelial cells lining it). In my case, the target is usually the common carotid. The technique I chose was first application of Canny edge-detection to a contrast-adjusted version of the original image, followed by manually-placed, seeded region-growing and a final perimeter overlay. The original and final images are posted here: http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k496/cra18/ I'm currently working on a GUI implementation of the process. THE DILEMMA: I thought it would be even more useful (from a hemodynamic standpoint) to provide the minimum and maximum distances of separation between the two artery walls. That is, the distance between the near and far perimeter walls. THE QUESTION: Do you guys have any advice for how to go about doing this? Do any MATLAB functions exist that would facilitate this? How should I lay out the algorithm? (P.S. qualitative criticism on the effectiveness of the segmentation itself is welcome but not necessary). Thank you very much "Cole" wrote in message <iunjbl$784$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear MATLAB community: >...

XSL and java.lang.transformer
Hi, I've already posted this in comp.lang.java.programmer, but it doesn't seem like the ppl there can help. I hope you guys here know more about it, altough my question is more java than xml related ;) Here's the problem: I have a XSL Stylesheet. Using the java.xml.transform.Transformer I transform XML to HTML. My XSL contains spaces and entities like "&copy;". This code for example contains a space between text1 and text2: <xsl:value-of select="$text1"/> <xsl:value-of select="$text2"/> But after transformation the space is gone! If there was any space character in text1 or text2, it's still there, but the space between those two disappered. What am I doing wrong? I don't want my text to stick together .. The second this is a problem with entities. Whenever I use an entity like "&copy" or "&nbsp;", java.xml.transform.Transformer tells me, that this entity is unknown and refuses work until i remove the entity from the HTML code. What's the problem here? How can I use HTML entities without troubles? Thanks for your help, Angus "Angus Parvis" <angusparvis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:XdvXc.130746$vG5.121065@news.chello.at... > seem like the ppl there can help. I hope you guys here know more about > it, altough my question is more java than xml related ;) It may surprise you to learn your question(s) are entirely XML-related. :-) &g...

javamail java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
Hi, Anyone could explain me following error message java.lang.IllegalAccessError: taglibm2.SendTag tried to access method javax/mail/internet/InternetAddress.(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V String temp=null; this.recipients = new StringTokenizer(listto,";"); InternetAddress[] toAddrs = null, ccAddrs = null; // toAddrs = InternetAddress.parse(recipients, false); try { String temp=null; if (recipients != null) { int i=0; toAddrs = new InternetAddress[recipients.countTokens()]; //boucle si plusieurs destinataires while(recipients.hasMoreElements()) { temp=(String)recipients.nextElement(); //ERROR IS HERE toAddrs[i] = new InternetAddress(temp,false); i++; } pcouas@infodev.fr wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone could explain me following error message > > java.lang.IllegalAccessError: taglibm2.SendTag tried to access method > javax/mail/internet/InternetAddress.(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V It means exactly what it says -- the calling method cannot legally access this constructor. You haven't said whether this is an applet or an application, and you haven't provided enough context to say why this error is thrown. Also, avoid StringTokenizer if possible. If you are building against a recent version of Java, use String.split() ins...

Requesting Opinions on Propeller Forth
Is Propeller Forth a good way to learn or relearn Forth? I think the Professor may be using it since he/she is developing for the Propeller chip. I am armed with a foray into Forth from the 70's (with my Forth midset totally forgotten now), the online Forth books, and The Forth Programmer's Handbook and Forth Applications books from Elizabeth. I am also armed with a Propeller development board with chip and lots of bells and whistles -- hence the question! In addition, I am armed with a complete lack of knowledge or experience in embedded systems. Wait a minute, that's a total lack of armament! -- Granger On Aug 15, 10:57=A0am, Granger C <granger_with_c_at_socal.rr.com> wrote: > Is Propeller Forth a good way to learn or relearn Forth? The options are more limited than with more conventional designs in that there are fewer pre-existing Forth and no commercial Forth systems available for the propeller to my knowledge. I have read about three different Forth systems for the Propeller but have not tried any of them. One claims to be three times faster than spin and about ten times slower than native code. If you are designing your own optimizing native code compiler with appropriate parallel processing tools you will probably want to study the existing implementations and some parallel Forth systems. I have not seen a lot of Forth for the Propeller. > I think the Professor may be using it since he/she is developing for > the Propeller ch...

java.lang.NumberFormatException error
Hi, I've been getting this error in the command window... it is a large stack so please bear with me: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices.createStackInfo(MatlabDeb ugServices.java:740) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices$StackDispatch.completed(M atlabDebugServices.java:1662) at com.mathworks.jmi.Matlab$CompletionHandler.messageReceived(Matlab.java :2079) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.dispatchMessage(MWLooper.java: 412) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.runBridge(MWLooper.java:557) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.run(MWLooper.java:526) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices.createStackInfo(MatlabDeb ugServices.java:740) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$Builder.run(StackComboBox. java:174) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$StackCallback.matlabEvent( StackComboBox.java:140) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$DBStackCallback.matlabEven t(StackComboBox.java:303) at com.ma...

Freelance Projects for Java Programmers
Get access to a large number of freelance projects in Java and J2EE. Join one of the largest databases of freelance projects. New and exciting projects added every day. Join For Free Today. http://www.getafreelancer.com/affiliates/jaikjoel/ Jaik wrote: > Get access to a large number of freelance projects in Java and J2EE. > Join one of the largest databases of freelance projects. New and > exciting projects added every day. > > Join For Free Today. > http://www.getafreespammer.scam/affiliates/jaikjoel/ It is an abuse of these newsgroups to spam your commercial enterprise with multi-posted advertisements. Do you even read these groups? Have you any notion of the conversations that occur here? It would only be polite to listen before you start screaming at us. Don't multi-post. Don't spam. -- Lew On 30 Jun, 22:56, Jaik <jaikj...@gmail.com> wrote: > Get access to a large number of freelance projects in Java and J2EE. > Join one of the largest databases of freelance projects. New and > exciting projects added every day. > > Join For Free Today.http://www.getafreelancer.com/affiliates/jaikjoel/ What exactly is wrong with you??? You've made your point, now why don't you just blow off and stop spamming this newsgroup? Besides, a self-respecting freelancer knows where to get jobs. Please go ply your trade else where. -- Evans On Jul 2, 6:09=A0am, Evans <onyx...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 30 Jun, 22:56, Jai...

Frustration with java.lang.NullPointerException
Now and then I encountered a non reproductible message in various Windows GUI applications: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException Searching on http://www.mathworks.com/support/ I found 11 Bug reports, none of them seem to be my case. Searching on the newsgroup archive, I found no less than 13 posts. Frustrating... Bruno On 11-03-15 04:05 PM, Bruno Luong wrote: > Now and then I encountered a non reproductible message in various Windows GUI > applications: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" > java.lang.NullPointerException > > Searching on http://www.mathworks.com/support/ I found 11 Bug reports, none of > them seem to be my case. > > Searching on the newsgroup archive, I found no less than 13 posts. > > Frustrating... > > Bruno Yes, frustrating! Java is supposed to be completely portable, so it should give those NullPointerException on *every* platform! "Think two, count blue." <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <iloogt$4dv$2@nrc-news.nrc.ca>... > > Yes, frustrating! Java is supposed to be completely portable, so it should > give those NullPointerException on *every* platform! You are cruelly funny. ;-) Bruno ...

test send post programmer
I have problems sending a reply to postings on this news group. sending a message to comp.test does work. Rien Mertens Tweeberg 1 A 5246 XL Rosmalen 0031(0)736415517 In article <aa8ef3124f.Rien@rien/mertens.hccnet.nl>, Rien Mertens <rien.mertens@hccnet.nl> wrote: > I have problems sending a reply to postings on this news group. > sending a message to comp.test does work. > Rien Mertens > Tweeberg 1 A > 5246 XL Rosmalen 0031(0)736415517 This message received OK! John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject for reliable contact! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/location ...

How post request to Http from MSAccess?
How post request to Http from MSAccess? mttc wrote: > How post request to Http from MSAccess? I use the msxml.dll file (overly simplified example) Dim oHttp As Object Set oHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") MyUrl = "someURL" oHttp.Open "GET", MyUrl, False oHttpPost.send () If oHttpPost.Status < 300 Then SomeVar = oHttpPost.responseText End if -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

[JAVA] [EVALUATION]
I've selected JAVA for some long-term projects. Searching for an IDE and for a technology stack, i realized unbelievable things. I hope I will find quickly a language and a community which I can trust. Let me know if you know one. - - - " Finally, Sun Microsystems seems to be somehow really extra-ordinary. Some uncommon definitions of its executive roles / units. CEO = Chief Extra Ordinary COO = Chief Opportunism Officer BOD = Board of Defenders " [NETBEANS] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ad68552a781457f4 - You could take eclipse, but: "In essence, IBM [OTI] rules at free will and applies censorship (against "terms-of-use", "privacy policy" and "community-veto"): " [ECLIPSE] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/b34bdd9eac4ff26b - So, you could take JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA, But: "no comment" [as most of the people from JetBrains. Lack of courage or just Activity Traps, or personal deficits, or scared about what happened on NetBeans & Eclipse? don't know. For me, they are just irrelevant.] [INTELLIJ_IDEA] [EVALUATION] - Summary http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/bbab0ec53635f04c [the founders of IDEA worka @togethersoft (aquired by Borland)] - So, you could take Borland JBuilder: http://borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.h...

NEW JOB POSTING: Java Architect
Currently seeking individuals to develop a strategy for application development and define the technical infrastructure to support the strategy. Will function as &#147;think-tank&#148; experts to quickly assess, make recommendations, and implement software solutions. Required Skills/Experience: Must possess 6 to 9 years of experience with the following: J2EE 1.4+, EJB 2.x+, Entity Beans, XML, JMS, JSP, Portlet (JSR &#150; 168), Web Services, and SOAP. Desired Skills/Experience: Websphere 6+, MQ; Tivoli Access Manager; IBM Portal 5+; CMP &#38; CMR EJB&#146;s; Castor binding framework; SOA Architecture; Pub/Sub messaging; Segull Transidiom; XMLSpy; Clearcase. EOE/M/V/H/F If you are intersted in this positon, please contact Ryan Mac Donal MegaForce LLC 7450 W 130th St., Suite 30 Overland Par Kansa 6621 (800) 676-662 rmac@megaforceusa.co http://www.workinsight.com contains over 35,000 jobs and that number is increasing by 500 a day Refer to Job: A704186 for more information OR CLICK on the link: ( http://workinsight.com/j/fmpro?-db=jobs.okt&-lay=we&-format=m&job+id=A704186&-find= ...

XSLT Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Web resources about - Opinions requested on my blog post about primitive obsession. - comp.lang.java.programmer

Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in Durham County, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in Durham County, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

The article requested cannot be found! Please refresh your browser or go back. (CP,20120705,,-1,AR).
postandcourier.com delivers the latest breaking news and information on the latest top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and ...

Somali refugee deported after claims she rejected the abortion she requested
The Somali refugee who says she was raped on Nauru and asked for an urgent abortion in Australia has been returned to the island, with claims ...

Nathan Tinkler says $53,000 in illegal donations was for federal Liberal party as requested by former ...
CONTROVERSIAL mining magnate Nathan Tinkler has &#173;explained his role in $53,000 in &#173;illegal donations to the NSW Liberals by telling ...

Cardinal George Pell says he will give evidence to commission into child sexual abuse if requested
Serial child sex offender and paedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale says he never asked George Pell to support him when he first faced court over ...

Bombardier drops requested injunction against strikers
Bombardier and Unifor officials spent hours in the Thunder Bay courthouse on Wednesday coming to an agreement on picket line protocol as 900 ...

404 - Requested Page Not Found
Canadian news and headlines from around the world. Live breaking news, national news, sports, business, entertainment, health, politics and more ...

404 - Requested Page Not Found
CTV News - Edmonton - Breaking news, local headlines and top stories from Edmonton and Alberta, Canada and around the world. Sports, Weather, ...

Fort Hood shooting suspect had requested leave, army says
Army investigators havereleased a more detailed timeline of last week's fatal shootings at Fort Hood, describing an eight-minute rampage in which ...

B.C. Teachers Strike 2014: Mediation Requested By Union
VANCOUVER - With no sign of a deal on the horizon, British Columbia's unionized teachers called Thursday for mediation in hopes an independent ...