PLEASE HELP at Java Servlet / Java Server Pages !!!!!

// Forgive my English :)
I have to write a program (JS or JSP), which connect with Oracle and
get out date from some table. I've found some example, but it makes
errors :((
I installed these :
J2EE 5.0
Tomcat 5.5.17
Oracle Express Edition 10.2g

I put ojdbc14.jar in in folder, where is my .jsp file.
Source of .jsp :
<%
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
java.sql.Connection
connection=java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:
oracle:thin//localhost:3306/"baza","login","haslo");
java.sql.ResultSet rs=connection.createStatement().executeQuery("select
* from
$TableName");
out.println("col count is "+rs.getMetaData().getColumnCount());
String colName=rs.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(1);
out.println("col label is "+colName);
while(rs.next()){
Object o=rs.getObject(colName);
out.println(colName+" "+o);
}
%>

Errors :
it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /moja/baza2.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on tokens, delete these tokens

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.
handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

root cause

An error occurred at line: 1 in the jsp file: /moja/baza2.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Syntax error on tokens, delete these tokens

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.
java:84)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:414)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.
5.17 logs.

0
nowy84 (2)

nowy84@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> java:84)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:328)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:414)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache

I'm not sure that your code is suitable for a JSP.  It looks more like
the code you would use for a servlet.  There are some Exceptions that
need to be handled as well (ClassNotFound, SQLException).

You should also put your ojdbc14.jar in your applications WEB-INF\lib
folder in tomcat.

If you want to run the statements, you might read up on JSTL tags,
specifically <sql:transaction>.  Otherwise, your code is on its way to
working as a servlet so you could always try the servlet first to make
sure your DB connection and drivers are good.  Here is the code I ran
on my Tomcat install and it worked though you will want to work on the
formatted output because it doesn't appear to be what you are after.

//be sure to change the connect string
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.PrintWriter;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.sql.*;

public class Servlet1 extends HttpServlet {
    private static final String CONTENT_TYPE = "text/html;
charset=windows-1252";

        super.init(config);
    }

                      HttpServletResponse response) throws
ServletException, IOException {response.setContentType(CONTENT_TYPE);
        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
        ResultSet rs;
        try{
        Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

        java.sql.Connection

        rs = connection.createStatement().executeQuery("select * from
$TableName");
        out.println("col count is "+rs.getMetaData().getColumnCount() +
"<br>");
        String colName = rs.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(1);
        out.println("col label is "+colName);
        while(rs.next()){
        Object o=rs.getObject(colName);
        out.println(colName+" "+o);