Problem with Tomcat server on windows Vista when used with java

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,        I have one c++ application to get number of monitors fromsystem. I am calling .exe of c++ application using java api throughtomcat server in browser on window vista. right now I have twomonitors attached in the system.one primary and other secondary. butwhen i call c++ application using java api through tomcat server, itlists only one primary monitor.i have some scenario for behavoiur of such application:(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(givestwo monitors)(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it worksfine..(gives two monitors)(3) when i am calling from browser through tomcat server it displaysonly one monitor.(4) one important thing is that when i call same thing on Windows XPit works fine..(gives two monitors)can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitorthrough tomcat server on windows vista?Ravi.
0
Reply gamiravi.d (6) 10/5/2007 3:08:42 PM

See related articles to this posting

gamiravi.d@gmail.com wrote:...>(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(gives>two monitors)>(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it works>fine..(gives two monitors)>(3) when i am calling from browser  ...What browser?  Have you tried a UA (user agent,broswer) from a different manufacturer?  Does it work with the other UA?...>can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitor>through tomcat server on windows vista?Not yet, but one thing I can tell you is this.  Eachsentence should start with a single Upper Case letter.  This makes messages easier to read, andtherefore more likely to gain the attention they deserve.-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200710/1
0
Reply Andrew 10/5/2007 4:25:04 PM

comp.lang.java.programmer 51668 articles. 37 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problem with Tomcat server on windows Vista when used with c++ and java
Hi, I have one c++ application to get number of monitors from system. I am calling .exe of c++ application using java api through tomcat server in browser on window vista. right now I have two monitors attached in the system.one primary and other secondary. but when i call c++ application using java api through tomcat server, it lists only one primary monitor. i have some scenario for behavoiur of such application: (1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(gives two monitors) (2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it works fine..(gives two m...

Problems using ange-ftp with Windows server
I'm currently running Emacs 21.2.1 under Cygwin, and I can connect to a number of FTP servers with ange-ftp, but not to the one I run on my home computer: GuildFTPd on Windows XP. I can connect, and the password gets accepted, but I can't list any files. The Messages window says: ange-ftp-barf-if-not-directory: Opening directory: no such file or directory, /[myusername]@[myhostname]:/ Do I need to change something on the server to make it accept listings from ange-ftp? I read in an old post that one should try (ange-ftp-dumb-unix-host "[myhostname]") before connecting...

Problems with Java Server Faces in JRun4 (and Tomcat)
Hi! I have downloaded Java Server Faces (jsf-1_0.zip) to have a look at them. First I tried to install them in my JRun4 server, which supports J2EE 1.3. When starting the server after that I get the following Exception (and I can't run the JSF application): "04/23 18:26:57 error Could not pre-load servlet: JSPServlet [2]jrun.jsp.compiler.JRunTagLibraryInfo$InvalidTLDElementException: The tag function on line 14 is not a valid TLD element at jrun.jsp.compiler.JRunTagLibraryInfo$TLDParser.startElement(JRunTagLibraryInfo.java:627) at jrunx.util.SAXReflectionHandler.startElement(SAXRef...

A problem of java when use runtime server!Help me!
I have built a stand-alone exe file using runtime server ,but when I run the according batch file ,it will pop up a warning tip as following : Warning :Unable to find Java library :H/myproc/sys/java/jre/win32 /jre/bin/javai.dll  which H:\myproc is the directory of my exe file. when I omitted all this warning windows I can also run my programme smoothly. but there not exist javai.dll in the whole disk of my computer! Is this problem have something to do with the java virtual machine? What can I do? I'm looking forward your help ! Thanks a lot! With Best Regards! Chonghai Hu ...

debuging the java project in eclipse using tomcat as server
Hi All, I am uploading a web java project in eclipse for the debug purpose. I am using tomcat server. But it is taking more then 20 mins to just start and that to it give the heap errors. I provided the -Xms256m -Xmx1300m and -XX:PermSize=64m - XX:MaxPermSize=94m. But it is still giving errors. Please how can i remove these errors and reduce the startup time. Tarun ...

problems with polling windows (2003) servers over SNMP using cacti
Hi, I'm having problems with polling win2003 servers over SNMP using cacti. The situation - The polling server is a Sintinix installaion running on a VM inside GSX Server (that's hosted bij a w2003) - The polling server has it's own bridged IP address - all rrd-files are owned by root - The final goal is being able to graph all the parameters available in windows perf. mon. Parts that works: - I verified that I can reach them over SNMP from the polling server - getting statistics from the server itself on it's external exposed IP address is no problem Parts that do NOT work...

[tao-users] Problems using a c++ client with a Java server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C79899.9060F747 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 =20 heres the PRF describing our problem =20 ACE VERSION: 5.4a_p8 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: P4 Windows XP =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Visual Studio 2003 =20 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: W...

Developing Web Services in JAVA using Apache Soap on a tomcat server
Trying to work with Apache Soap and java server but not understand what it means to Compile the Java class and put it somewhere in your web server's classpath for tomcat server. Here are the directions that I am following but keep getting a 404 error when trying to contact the service through a perl client. Installing Apache SOAP Apache SOAP can be used as both a client and provider of SOAP web services. A server-side installation of Apache SOAP involves placing some .jar files in your classpath. You will need a separate web server that supports Servlets and Java Server Pages, such as A...

problem with tomcat 4.1.29, java 1.4.2, windows XP
On my previous Windows installation everything worked fine, but now, after complete reinstallation of XP and all programs I have error in my WebApp. I'm using commons-fileupload-1.0.jar And problem is here public class FilesUpload extends HttpServlet { .... public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) { DiskFileUpload fu = new DiskFileUpload(); //AT THIS LINE //TOMCAT MAKE EXCEPTION <snip> Now the problem/exception: description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exceptio...