Problem with Tomcat server on windows Vista when used with java

Hi,        I have one c++ application to get number of monitors fromsystem. I am calling .exe of c++ application using java api throughtomcat server in browser on window vista. right now I have twomonitors attached in the system.one primary and other secondary. butwhen i call c++ application using java api through tomcat server, itlists only one primary monitor.i have some scenario for behavoiur of such application:(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(givestwo monitors)(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it worksfine..(gives two monitors)(3) when i am calling from browser through tomcat server it displaysonly one monitor.(4) one important thing is that when i call same thing on Windows XPit works fine..(gives two monitors)can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitorthrough tomcat server on windows vista?Ravi.
comp.lang.java.programmer 52305 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

gamiravi.d@gmail.com wrote:...>(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(gives>two monitors)>(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it works>fine..(gives two monitors)>(3) when i am calling from browser  ...What browser?  Have you tried a UA (user agent,broswer) from a different manufacturer?  Does it work with the other UA?...>can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitor>through tomcat server on windows vista?Not yet, but one thing I can tell you is this.  Eachsentence should start with a single Upper Case letter.  This makes messages easier to read, andtherefore more likely to gain the attention they deserve.-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200710/1
0
Andrew

ORA-00997 8i trigger long raw problem
Hi, Have a table that i need to populate with 1 record of an identical type from another table in an after insert using a trigger. Usually no problem at all except am forced into using and keeping a field which is a LONG RAW type that now generates an ORA-00997 error. It is all text stored in a LONG RAW format. The table the record needs to be inserted INTO looks like ... RFQ_ID VARCHAR2 15 RFQ_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENGTH NUMBER 0 The data the table comes FROM looks like this. PART VARCHAR2 30 PART_LINE NUMBER 0 TYPE CHAR 1 BITS LONG RAW BITS_LENG...

Closing window not opened by the script
Dear Folks, The application I am working on uses Frames (TopFrame, SideFrame(Left) and the MainFrame). On the occurance of a certain event, I am closing the window from one of the frames. This is the script I use. function CloseWin () { window.opener = window; window.close(); } Works perfectly well with IE. But not with Netscape. The Javascript console says 'Script may not close windows that were not opened by the script'. Is there any workaround to this? Would indeed appreciate your help on this. Arun *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don&#...

HLA asm problem?
When compiling my HLA code I get (100s of these): .... dted3.asm:182: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:199: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:201: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push' dted3.asm:221: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop' .... When I try it on another Linux box it compiles no problem. Problem box: SuSE 10.0 (kernel 2.6.13-15.8), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.16.91.0.2 20050720 (SuSE Linux) No problem box: SuSE 9.2 (kernel 2.6.8-24), HLA 1.86, GNU assembler 2.15.91.0.2 20040727 (SuSE Linux) ---John jchludz...

US-TX-Austin: Microsoft SQL Server Perf, SQL,tuning/performance analysis; 10 day (45356014400)
US-TX-Austin: Microsoft SQL Server Perf, SQL,tuning/performance analysis; 10 day (45356014400) ============================================================================================== Position: Microsoft SQL Server Perf Reference: ZYD00128 Location: Austin TX Duration: 10 day Skills: The candidate must have 5 years experience in Microsoft SQL Server, with recent proven and documented experience conducting database tuning and performance analysis. The candidate must have recent experience in writing and ...

a problem
hi, any one of the group ,please solve my problem "is there is any method to find given number is even or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional operators,if else ladders...." On 10 Feb 2007 06:15:46 -0800, bharath539@gmail.com wrote: > any one of the group ,please solve my problem > "is there is any method to find given number is even > or odd without using if ,else ,for,while,switch,conditional > operators,if else ladders...." Yes, there is. Problem solved! /gordon -- [ don't email me supp...

Registry Problem in Vista
Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the registry. Every time I start Eudora, I get a pop up that claims Eudora could not register itself and I have to dismiss the pop up before Eudora will process the mail. This also prevents Eudora from being registered as the default mail client. Has anyone solved that annoyance? (This may be a non-issue for me, since I am considering wiping this notebook, and installing XP. The answer may help me make up my mind.) Rick Rick wrote: > Since I got Vista, Eudora has been unable to register itself in the >...

US-PA: Wayne-Mid-Level Java Developer #5
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Mid-Level Java Develope...

123 VER9 DATE PROBLEM
I am attempting to assign a script to a button that will, when first placed in the proper cell. Enter @now- then do a range value- then place in edit mode- then move the cursor to the start and erase the 2 characters that are the day and await the input of the day I want to use- then it closes with the enter button. I have figured all this out except that the {EDIT} command when used returns the date number. I have found that it does not represent the F2 keystroke. What am I missing here. The cell is formatted date-13-Dec-2006. Thanks Dave David Cartier wrote... >I am at...

What is the URL of a timestamp server for jarsigner?
In Java 5.0, jarsigner is now able to access a timestamp server to put a timestamp in the signature. However, I cannot find a timestamp server that is compatible with jarsigner. For example, when I do: jarsigner -tsa http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll -keystore my.keystore -storepass mystorepass MyApplet.jar mycert I get: jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.io.IOException: MIME Content-Type is not application/timestamp-reply Extensive Googling has given me all sorts of hints on how to timestamp with Microsoft Authenticode, but that does not apply to Java. Can anyone help?...

Menu Problems
figure string = {'Item 1','Item 2','Item 3'}; %Menu menu_hdl = uimenu('Label','Options'); for i = 1:3 uimenu(menu_hdl,'Label',char(string(i)),'Callback','disp(char(string(i )))'); end problem- when uimenu is executed in the for loop variable i is assigned as intended to the label in the menu but when the Callback is executed from the menu it grabs the latest value of i and not the one that should have been assigned when the menu was created. Is there any way to get the desired value of i passed to disp(char(stri...

Vista took too long to write
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc&eurl= 4 lines of perl script in 10 minutes. No wonder it took M$ so long to write Vista. :-)) In article <4f6dnanIcY7UvkvYnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@bresnan.com>, Maverick <Sun@mustang.org> wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc&eurl= > > 4 lines of perl script in 10 minutes. > > No wonder it took M$ so long to write Vista. > > :-)) I'm sorry, but this is just not a real issue. Unless Microsoft has been touting the use of Vista's speech recognition for coders the only problem I see here e...

When using select call on many sockets, how to check if one of them is closed
I am using the select call to read from many sockets. I don't want to call read on every socket to check if it is closed, as it defeats the purpose of using the select call. Is there any way to know whether one of the sockets have been closed, without actually testing each socket. prashantkumar1982@gmail.com wrote: > I am using the select call to read from many sockets. I don't want to > call read on every socket to check if it is closed, as it defeats the > purpose of using the select call. > Is there any way to know whether one of the sockets have been closed, > with...

SQL Server/PeopleSoft DBA Needed!
Please send your resume and position to Cindy@AtlanticResource.com! I CAN NOT accept candidates that ARE OUTSIDE OF THE US! NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Email your resume to me! Position:SQL SERVER/PEOPLESOFT DBA Date: 03/07/05 Location: Richmond, VA Duration: 5 month conract to hire Salary: 65,000-80,000K Contract to Hire 5 months Sal: 65-80K Candidates must be US Citzen/GC Holder as this is contract to hire! My client is looking for candidates with 3-5 years experience working in a SQL Server DBA role along with 2+ years experience in Peoplesoft Administrator. Candidates MUST HAVE Peoplesoft ...

HTTP Server
Hello Does anyone have some sample code that shows how the Http::Server::Simple methods are used? TIA Frank ...

ArcExplorer 2.0 for Windows
A Gis novice trying to understand. How can get ArcExplorer to display Lat/Long coordinates instead of plain numerical values? If I use GlobalMapper to load the same shp file it displays at Lat/Long. Yes, there is a prj file. ...

-1 / +1 problem..
Hello all, I am sorry to ask you again for another problem, as I am a new MATLab user. I have a matrix, rAlphaSet with combinations of +1 and -1. I want to make 2 Matrices rAlpha1 and rAlpha2. I took 2 random numbers r1 and r2. Then I wanted to copy the r1th and r2th column of rAlphaSet to rAplha1 and rAlpha2. But the problem is, when I was running the code, rAlpha1 and rAlpha2 were not having the columns from rAlphaSet. Here is the code: rAlphaSet = (npermutek([-1 1], 2^m))'; rAlpha1 = zeros(2^m,N); rAlpha2 = zeros(2^m,N); for i = 1:N r = randi(256,1); rAlpha1(:,i) = rAlphaSet...

Can you set Plot Window H-View in terms of PI?
We are doing alot of graphs in Trigonometry, and for alot of them, it looks nice to have your H-View go from say -2pi to 2pi. People in class enter this for there H Axis range on their TI calculators and it translates it to 6.28........ but on the HP, I have not found how I can enter values in terms of PI for the H-View and V-View. Does anyone know if this can be done? Brian "Brian Feeny" <bfeeny@mac.com> wrote in message news:7bb5a5d1.0410061729.39fa05b0@posting.google.com... > We are doing alot of graphs in Trigonometry, and for alot of them, it > looks nice > ...

Problem with PID.vi
I'm using LABVIEW 4.1 with PID Toolkit I use PID VI. I try to use it in an furnace control but doesn't work. For example, with a set point of 50% output stay still to a level of 25% with the PV following this value. What could be the origin of this problem? Does anyone succeed in working perfectly with PID VI from NI? Advices are welcome Hello hora, My first bit of advice would be to see if you have tuned your PID correctly. It would seem to me that you have proportional gain (K) but no integral (I) to eliminate your SP-PV error. Also watch the "reinitial (F)" input. ...

I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)
It seems that if I print the same document with exact same settings the print quality of black is paler when using Duplex. It seems that it is not using the same black ink as the Non Duplex printing. Anyone know if this is the case, or should I try a reinstall of the software? Thanks Mike FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT. BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU ...

Problems with compilation for Windows
Trying to prepare FreeWrap for Windows, I've got a problems while compiling Tk 8.5.1 (using free "Express" release of Visual C++, taken from MS-site). The compilation has been interrupted with errors: ============================================================================= link -nologo -machine:IX86 -ltcg -release -opt:ref -opt:icf,3 -subsystem :windows -stack:2300000 -out:".\Release_VC9\wish85s.exe" kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib "c:\freewrap\tcl8.5.1\win\Release_VC9\tcl85s.lib" .\Release_VC9\tk_St atic\winMain.obj .\Release_VC9\tk_Static\wi...

Problems with wxProcess::OnTerminate()
I'm having problems with the following code. The program (sleep.exe) is executed as expected, but Process::OnTerminate() is never called. (The text "Terminated" is not printed and it never breaks on the function in the debugger). I'm using Visual C++ 7.1 and the program is linked to wxBase with wxUSE_GUI set to 0. All help is apreciated. Here's the code: ------------------------------------ main.cpp --------------------------- #include <wx/process.h> #include <wx/app.h> /********************************************************************...

Problem with comma delimted file
My access table when exported to a comma delimited field gets all messed up because some of the fields have the double quote character - ". Used for measurements and other things. I guess I will have to strip them out. How can I replace the " for a blank space? I am having trouble doing it with the replace command in a sql statement. sqlstatement = "update table set table.[item] = replace(table.[item]," & """""""" & "," + """""" + ")" this gives an error. what to do? On...

Monitor problem
Hi, This shows how long it's been since I've had to do this... I've had to get some material off the RiscStation in front of me at work. It's connected to an IIyama VisionMaster 1451 (nice big monitor), but I'm not getting any display. I've tried pressing 0 on boot (as well as 1 - 4) and T (and R - can't remember what the reset is), but nothing seems to happen. Is there any way I can get a machine to boot so it thinks the monitor is an AKF51 (or whatever the "default" was)? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong wi...

problem with auctex
All, I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable MikTex (installed in a USB disk), the PATH doesn't include the directory that contains the LaTeX executable commands. Is there a way in Emacs or auctex that can tell auctex where to find the latex commands? For example, can I setup the PATH variables directly in Emacs? Thanks you! caixj "halo" <xuejun.cai@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160815903.006626.26780@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > All, > > I just installed auctex in Windows. And because I uses a portable > MikTex (installed...

installation problem uconv-0.4.12. plz help
Hi guys, I need to install Unicode Conversion Module for Ruby version 0.4.12 by Yoshida Masato.I have followed the commands of the link inmy windows system http://www.yoshidam.net/uconv_en.txt but when I use the command "ruby extconf.rb" it create "MakeFile" but when I use "make" command it fails...'make' is not recognized as a command so I can not install Uconv. I use ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i386-mswin32] How can i solve the problem? Any other way to convert Unicode string to Japanese string. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com...