Problem with Tomcat server on windows Vista when used with java

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,        I have one c++ application to get number of monitors fromsystem. I am calling .exe of c++ application using java api throughtomcat server in browser on window vista. right now I have twomonitors attached in the system.one primary and other secondary. butwhen i call c++ application using java api through tomcat server, itlists only one primary monitor.i have some scenario for behavoiur of such application:(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(givestwo monitors)(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it worksfine..(gives two monitors)(3) when i am calling from browser through tomcat server it displaysonly one monitor.(4) one important thing is that when i call same thing on Windows XPit works fine..(gives two monitors)can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitorthrough tomcat server on windows vista?Ravi.
0
Reply gamiravi.d (6) 10/5/2007 3:08:42 PM

See related articles to this posting

gamiravi.d@gmail.com wrote:...>(1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(gives>two monitors)>(2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it works>fine..(gives two monitors)>(3) when i am calling from browser  ...What browser?  Have you tried a UA (user agent,broswer) from a different manufacturer?  Does it work with the other UA?...>can anybody tell that what could be the problem to get list of monitor>through tomcat server on windows vista?Not yet, but one thing I can tell you is this.  Eachsentence should start with a single Upper Case letter.  This makes messages easier to read, andtherefore more likely to gain the attention they deserve.-- Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/Message posted via JavaKB.comhttp://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-general/200710/1
0
Reply Andrew 10/5/2007 4:25:04 PM
comp.lang.java.programmer 51904 articles. 38 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problem with Tomcat server on windows Vista when used with c++ and java
Hi, I have one c++ application to get number of monitors from system. I am calling .exe of c++ application using java api through tomcat server in browser on window vista. right now I have two monitors attached in the system.one primary and other secondary. but when i call c++ application using java api through tomcat server, it lists only one primary monitor. i have some scenario for behavoiur of such application: (1) when i run directly c++ application on vista it works fine.(gives two monitors) (2) when i run using sample java code without tomcat server it works fine..(gives two m...

Problems using ange-ftp with Windows server
I'm currently running Emacs 21.2.1 under Cygwin, and I can connect to a number of FTP servers with ange-ftp, but not to the one I run on my home computer: GuildFTPd on Windows XP. I can connect, and the password gets accepted, but I can't list any files. The Messages window says: ange-ftp-barf-if-not-directory: Opening directory: no such file or directory, /[myusername]@[myhostname]:/ Do I need to change something on the server to make it accept listings from ange-ftp? I read in an old post that one should try (ange-ftp-dumb-unix-host "[myhostname]") before connecting...

Problems with Java Server Faces in JRun4 (and Tomcat)
Hi! I have downloaded Java Server Faces (jsf-1_0.zip) to have a look at them. First I tried to install them in my JRun4 server, which supports J2EE 1.3. When starting the server after that I get the following Exception (and I can't run the JSF application): "04/23 18:26:57 error Could not pre-load servlet: JSPServlet [2]jrun.jsp.compiler.JRunTagLibraryInfo$InvalidTLDElementException: The tag function on line 14 is not a valid TLD element at jrun.jsp.compiler.JRunTagLibraryInfo$TLDParser.startElement(JRunTagLibraryInfo.java:627) at jrunx.util.SAXReflectionHandler.startElement(SAXRef...

A problem of java when use runtime server!Help me!
I have built a stand-alone exe file using runtime server ,but when I run the according batch file ,it will pop up a warning tip as following : Warning :Unable to find Java library :H/myproc/sys/java/jre/win32 /jre/bin/javai.dll  which H:\myproc is the directory of my exe file. when I omitted all this warning windows I can also run my programme smoothly. but there not exist javai.dll in the whole disk of my computer! Is this problem have something to do with the java virtual machine? What can I do? I'm looking forward your help ! Thanks a lot! With Best Reg...

debuging the java project in eclipse using tomcat as server
Hi All, I am uploading a web java project in eclipse for the debug purpose. I am using tomcat server. But it is taking more then 20 mins to just start and that to it give the heap errors. I provided the -Xms256m -Xmx1300m and -XX:PermSize=64m - XX:MaxPermSize=94m. But it is still giving errors. Please how can i remove these errors and reduce the startup time. Tarun ...

problems with polling windows (2003) servers over SNMP using cacti
Hi, I'm having problems with polling win2003 servers over SNMP using cacti. The situation - The polling server is a Sintinix installaion running on a VM inside GSX Server (that's hosted bij a w2003) - The polling server has it's own bridged IP address - all rrd-files are owned by root - The final goal is being able to graph all the parameters available in windows perf. mon. Parts that works: - I verified that I can reach them over SNMP from the polling server - getting statistics from the server itself on it's external exposed IP address is no problem Parts that do NOT work...

[tao-users] Problems using a c++ client with a Java server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C79899.9060F747 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 =20 heres the PRF describing our problem =20 ACE VERSION: 5.4a_p8 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: P4 Windows XP =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Visual Studio 2003 =20 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: W...

Developing Web Services in JAVA using Apache Soap on a tomcat server
Trying to work with Apache Soap and java server but not understand what it means to Compile the Java class and put it somewhere in your web server's classpath for tomcat server. Here are the directions that I am following but keep getting a 404 error when trying to contact the service through a perl client. Installing Apache SOAP Apache SOAP can be used as both a client and provider of SOAP web services. A server-side installation of Apache SOAP involves placing some .jar files in your classpath. You will need a separate web server that supports Servlets and Java Server Pages, such as A...

problem with tomcat 4.1.29, java 1.4.2, windows XP
On my previous Windows installation everything worked fine, but now, after complete reinstallation of XP and all programs I have error in my WebApp. I'm using commons-fileupload-1.0.jar And problem is here public class FilesUpload extends HttpServlet { .... public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) { DiskFileUpload fu = new DiskFileUpload(); //AT THIS LINE //TOMCAT MAKE EXCEPTION <snip> Now the problem/exception: description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request. exceptio...

Problem accessing Linux Server using Telnet from Windows 2000, though PING is working properly from both sides
Hello, I have recently installed Mandrake Linux 10.1.3 on my PC. The Linux being a multiuser system, I want to assess the same from multiple Windows 2000 workstations using telnet. The problem is that I can't assess it using any of the workstation by giving the command telnet 192.168.0.77. But the Linux server can be PINGed from any of the workstation and Server can also PING the workstations. I can see that the network is functional using the network utilization charts available in Mandrake. Also there is no any error during booting sequence. Linux can bring up the eth0 interface. Then wh...

HowTo: Link Tomcat 5 with IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server using the JK2 ajp13 connector
I've written an article to help those who like us, need to serve up Java servlets and JSP using Tomcat. The URL is http://virtualict.net/support/kb/iis6-Tomcat5-JK2.html TJ. ...

HowTo: Link Tomcat 5 with IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server using the JK2 ajp13 connector
I've written an article to help those who like us, need to serve up Java servlets and JSP using Tomcat. The URL is http://virtualict.net/support/kb/iis6-Tomcat5-JK2.html TJ. ...

Problem opening Access forms and macros from database residing on a Windows 2000 web server using IIS
I've tried to research this problem, and I haven't been able to find any references to it. Probably because I shouldn't be doing it, but it was working, and now it's not. I'm trying to develop a small application to run on our intranet. I have a lot of old knowledge, and not a lot off access to new knowledge, so I'm shooting from the hip and fumbling. I have a small Access database that I'm using as a back end for some ..ASP pages. There are a couple of tables that are linked to a SQL database running on a separate server. I'm able to update the Access table...

HowTo: Link Tomcat 5 with IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server using the JK2 ajp13 connector
I've written an article to help those who like us, need to serve up Java servlets and JSP using Tomcat. The URL is http://virtualict.net/support/kb/iis6-Tomcat5-JK2.html TJ. ...

Problem Opening Access forms and macros from database residing on a Windows 2000 web server using IIS #2
I've tried to research this problem, and I haven't been able to find any references to it. Probably because I shouldn't be doing it, but it was working, and now it's not. I'm trying to develop a small application to run on our intranet. I have a lot of old knowledge, and not a lot off access to new knowledge, so I'm shooting from the hip and fumbling. I have a small Access database that I'm using as a back end for some ..ASP pages. There are a couple of tables that are linked to a SQL database running on a separate server. I'm able to update the Access table...

Which Product to Use: Sun Java System Application Server Or Sun Java System Web Server?
Find out the unique capabilities of these products that meet your business needs with respect to developing and deploying Web applications. This article addresses frequently asked questions from customers and partners: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/appserver-webserver.html ...

[News] [Rival] Problem with Windows Vista Listed, Man Threatens to Sue over Windows XP Problems
5 Mistakes Microsoft made with Windows Vista ,----[ Quote ] | Let me outline those 5 mistakes Microsoft made with the Windows Vista launch | and talk about how Microsoft might be able to keep Windows Vista from being a | sequel to Windows ME. `---- http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=41979 Customer wants to sue the inventor of Windows XP. ,----[ Quote ] | When I worked for a Norwegian ISP I got my hands on a really funny email from | an angry customer who doesn’t know too much about computers. `---- http://greenshinobi.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/customer-wants-to-sue-the-i...

Which Product to Use: Sun Java System Application Server Or Sun Java System Web Server?
Find out the unique capabilities of these products that meet your business needs with respect to developing and deploying Web applications. This article addresses frequently asked questions from customers and partners: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/appserver/reference/techart/appserver-webserver.html ...

Using NIS server as Windows domain server
Hi all Solaris guru's I have ( unfortunatly :-( ) a few windows machines in my Solaris enviromment .I would like to make users on those machines authenticate using their NIS passwd . How can i make that possible ? I'm using Solaris Sparc : Generic_117171-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250 Samba :3.0.7 Thanks for your help Francky in article 7ANjd.178361$0f.57337@charlie.risq.qc.ca, Administrateur de systemes at sysadmin@DMS.UMontreal.CA wrote on 11/8/04 8:57 AM: > > Hi all Solaris guru's > > I have ( unfortunatly :-( ) a few windows machines in my Solaris &...

problem with java-server and java-client as cgi
Hallo, I have a problem with java and cgi. The situation: There is a server that sends HTML Code on a specific command (written in java) There is a client that sends those specific command to the server (also written in java). Then I have a Internet Site with a form. The information in this form is first sent to a perl script. This perl script then starts the java client with the information gathered from the form. (I mainly use perl to start the java client because I don't know how to start the java program as a CGI otherwise, and with perl it is easy to cope with the brow...

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

Java Newbie Question
Hello, This is my first post to this group and I am quite new to java. Here is the background to my question: - I have written in Java using Eclipse, a card game server. I accept client connections from an applet and add players to card games and they play cards. Wow, sounds great you must be thinking. Anyway I have been in talking to a hosting company about servers to host this on and was going to host on Linux (Redhat/Fedora). But the guy at the hosting recommended Windows Server 2003 because my website in .NET. So that leaves me the concern.. ...how reliable, fast, etc is running m...

How to use 4GB RAM on Windows 2000 using java
Hi, We use a third party application that parses weblogs and generates statistics. The application gives OutOfMemory exception when the weblogs are hugs. I am wondering if doing "editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSAWARE java.exe" is going to help. I have tried all combinations of -Xms, -Xmx, NewSize, MaxNewSize I have 4GB of physical RAM and I have /3GB in boot.ini in Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Thanks, Anurag. On 24 Oct 2003 12:15:20 -0700, adoshi@tcg-software.com (Anurag Doshi) wrote or quoted : >We use a third party application that parses weblogs and genera...

Use VirtualBox to use old scanners on Windows Vista.
Wow, I've just succeeded to scan with my old Epson perfection scanner on Windos Vista. As far as I know, there are three major virtual machines available for Windows: VMWare, Virtual PC and VirtualBox. I first tried VMWare. It had a nice menu for usb, but even though Perfection 610 appeared on that menu, the guest OS didn't recognize it. Plus, VMWare is not a freeware and consumed too much disk spaces and installed a lot of unnecessary (for me) background services which are running always even though when you're not using VMWare. Then I tried Microsoft Virtuial PC 2007...