Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font?

Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
with window API to draw the font on the screen?
if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?
0
mtczx232 (41)

mttc wrote:
> Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
> with window API to draw the font on the screen?

I think both.  Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native
(Windows) ones too.

<http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/GraphicsEnvironment.html#getAvailableFontFamilyNames()>

> and how
> I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

Not sure about this.  An aged document I found suggests that new Java
fonts go in the the jre/lib/font directory.  I haven't looked at this
any further however.  To install a font for you OS, follow its vendor's
instructions.

<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/intl/addingfonts.html>
0
nospam (2804)
7/3/2009 4:40:21 PM
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:05:24 -0700 (PDT), mttc <mtczx232@yahoo.com>

>Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
>with window API to draw the font on the screen?
>if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
>I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

see http://mindprod.com/applet/fontshower.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

All you need do is install a TrueType font on Windows.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals."
~ Ogonyok Magazine 1979.
0
see_website (5876)

ClearType: Does Java AWT use its own font or use the OS's font in displaying text field?
Hi folks, I need to display some ClearType text in a static text field of a GUI window using Java AWT. I heard that Java 2D itself currently does not support ClearType sub-pixel technology. I am wondering if AWT can render font using OS's global font setting, for instance, on Windows XP, the ClearType font can be enabled globally, on Linux, it also has sub-pixel rendering technology can can be enabled OS wide. I am wondering if the Java AWT uses OS's font by default? Furthermore, what shall I do if I want to capture the RGB pixel values of the displayed text and save to harddisk? Th...

Installation of Impression Publisher Fonts Fail Using the 'Font Install 1.03' Software
After installing Impression Publisher I am unable to install any of the (default) Fonts included with this application. Some Impression Publisher functions refuse to start because the default fonts cannot be found. The fonts on the disc may not be accessed directly ... it appears that the default fonts must be unpacked and installed by the font installation program included with Impression Publisher - Font Install 1.03 When attempting to use Font Install 1.03 the application reports that the system is "Out of Memory" - yet the task manager advises that in excess of 160,000Kbytes ar...

Apple's Font Management -- What Collection(s) Is A Font In?
As part of OS X (I'm using version 10.4.3) Apple provides font management via the Font Book application. Using Font Book, one can create font collections which can be selectively enabled and disabled. A specific font can be placed in more than one collection. While one can quickly see a list of fonts included in a given collection I see no way the reverse is true, seeing what collections a given font is included in. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do what I've been unable to do? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft ...

How to create PDFs with a 'similar-enough' font embedded if the original document's font license does forbid embedding?
My questions follow below; here are my facts first: 0. I'm using a customer-owned MS Windows Vista notebook during calls on-site (my own one has no permission to be plugged into the network there) with MS Office 2007 as well as Acrobat Professional 9.1.2 installed. 1. I have gotten a Word 2007 document, composed entirely of text formatted with a font "LucidaSans" (plus variations: *-italic, *-bold, *-bolditalic). 2. BTW, I don't know *how* Word originally found the LucidaSans font -- it's not by default installed in %windir%\fonts. However, it's available in "...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

Disabling fonts in Panther's Font Book
A question about how fonts work: When I boot up Panther, does the system load all the fonts in RAM? Conversely, if I use Font Book to disable fonts, will I have more available RAM the next time I boot up? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

AWT font != Swing Font
I have discovered that Swing fonts with the same name and size displayed in a JTextArea will show more characters than AWT will in a TextArea. What gives? Here are the currency characters where the effect is most obvious: + "\u0020 " + "\u00a3 " + "\u00a4 " + "\u00a5 " + "\u0e3f " + "\u17db " + "\u20a1 " + "\u20a2 " + "\u20a3 " + "\u20a4 " + "\u20a6 " + "\u20a8 " + &qu...

Font Book Oddity Which Affects Only Geneva Font
At this time I have installed 249 font families which together have 637 faces. The fonts are clustered into sub-folders within either System/Library/Fonts or /Library/Fonts. Because a particular font might come from more than one source there are some duplicates. If I resolve the duplicates using Font Book they are all resolved with the exception of Geneva. This resolution is applied by selecting all of the fonts and then applying the Resolve Duplicates action within Font Book. In the case of Geneva I have to, in Font Book, open the Geneva folder revealing the two versions of the font,...

Get Font's fullname given postscript font
Hi, I am a newbie to work on Postscript fonts. I want to convert the postscript font name to it's full font name, understandable by the HTML style "font-family" attribute. For e.g. if the postscript font name is "BodoniMTCondensed", I want to convert it as the font's full name as "Bodoni MT Condensed". I am working on .Net framework. Please let me know if this is possible and how to go about it? Regards, Parag. In article <1150095862.437458.265670@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, paragvm@gmail.com says... > Hi, > > I am a newbie to wor...

[OT] "Ruby for Java programmers" at the Northern VA Java User's Group...
...that's a presentation I'm giving there tonight (in about 2 hours) if anyone's interested :-) Sorry for the late notice! Directions and whatnot are here: http://www.novajug.com:8080/meetings/core.html Yours, Tom Presentation went well. Generated a lot of discussion. There were generally three camps at this meeting: 1. Pro-Ruby. These people are awesome, and need no further description. 2. Architects with a capital A. These people know way too many ways to say "ontology." They were unhappy for two reasons (as far as I could tell): - Ruby code defies attempts ...

Tiger's Font Book Significantly Improves Font Organization
Since seeming time immemorial, using only Apple supplied font management facilities, all of the individual font files have been dumped into just a few folders, and a single folder could end up with literally hundreds of such font files, and it could happen that a single font family could often be made up of quite a number of separate files. There are some of us, myself included, that found such disorganization unappealing, and some of us, again myself included, would take the time to carefully organize the constituents of a font families into their own folders--at least this subordinati...

windows setting (screen pixels/font) impact on application's fonts
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6DB54.6C6F5236 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. =20 Change MS Windows's screen pixels/fonts affect wxWidget app GUI, how can I Set the app GUI fonts fixed and not affected by MS Windows's screen pixels/fonts's Change? =20 Thanks =20 ming ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6DB54.6C6F5236 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" = xml...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Web resources about - Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font? - comp.lang.java.programmer