Testing Error Handling for Unusual Database Errors

Have you ever had a piece of database code in which you wanted to test every
probable and improbable error condition that might occur?

For example, suppose you had this code and wanted to make sure that the
error handling did the right thing when an InstantiationException occurred:
    /* Load the JDBC driver. */
        try {
            Class.forName(this.jdbcDriverName).newInstance();
            }
        catch (ClassNotFoundException cnf_excp) {
            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " + this.jdbcDriverName
+ ".";
            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
msg, cnf_excp);
            System.exit(16);
            }
        catch (InstantiationException i_excp) {
            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " + this.jdbcDriverName
+ ".";
            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
msg, i_excp);
            System.exit(16);
            }
        catch (IllegalAccessException ia_excp) {
            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " + this.jdbcDriverName
+ ".";
            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
msg, ia_excp);
            System.exit(16);
            }

Well, up until a few minutes ago, I had always wondered if there was some
simple way to _force_ a desired exception, like an InstantiationException in
this case, to occur at the desired point so that I could make sure the
second catch would work.

Then, inspiration dawned. I tried adding 'throw new
InstantiantionException();' as the last statement in the try block, executed
the code, and BINGO, the InstantiationException occurred. My second catch
block was invoked and did what it was supposed to do.

Well, this is no great miracle by any stretch of the imagination and it
seems blindingly obvious as I mention it now; many of you are probably
yawning as I mention it. Then again, I had wondered for quite some time how
I could make this happen but never quite got around to researching a
solution.

On the theory that others might be in the same position, I thought I'd post
this in case it helps anyone else who has been scratching their heads over
how to do the same thing. Maybe someone will benefit from this note, either
now, or in the future via the newsgroup archive.

By the way, although I've posted this to comp.lang.java.databases, this
technique will work with non-database code too; I just found that the need
for this technique seemed to happen more in database code than in regular
code.

Oh, what the heck, I'm going to crosspost this to comp.lang.java.programmer;
maybe someone there will benefit too :-)

--
Rhino

"Rhino" <no.offline.contact.please@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Have you ever had a piece of database code in which you wanted to test
> every probable and improbable error condition that might occur?
>
> For example, suppose you had this code and wanted to make sure that the
> error handling did the right thing when an InstantiationException
> occurred:

>    /* Load the JDBC driver. */
>        try {
>            Class.forName(this.jdbcDriverName).newInstance();
>            }
>        catch (ClassNotFoundException cnf_excp) {
>            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " +
> this.jdbcDriverName + ".";
>            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
> msg, cnf_excp);
>            System.exit(16);
>            }
>        catch (InstantiationException i_excp) {
>            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " +
> this.jdbcDriverName + ".";
>            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
> msg, i_excp);
>            System.exit(16);
>            }
>        catch (IllegalAccessException ia_excp) {
>            String msg = "Failed to load JDBC driver " +
> this.jdbcDriverName + ".";
>            this.logger.logp(Level.SEVERE, this.CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,
> msg, ia_excp);
>            System.exit(16);
>            }

    Assuming that "this.logger" is of type "java.util.logging.Logger", you
might be interested in the method "log", which takes a severity level, a
message, and a throwable. It can infer the class name and the method name.
Example usage:

this.logger.log(Level.SEVERE, msg, ia_excp);

    The "problem" with having constants for the class name and method name
is that a maintainer may change the actual method name, but may forget to
change the constant called "METHOD_NAME", and then your logging error
messages will become misleading. Not that this maintainer might not be human
(e.g. the Eclipse refactoring algorithms), so even if you place huge
comments reminding people to rename the constant when they rename the
methods, there is still a chance this step may be "forgotten".

> Well, up until a few minutes ago, I had always wondered if there was some
> simple way to _force_ a desired exception, like an InstantiationException
> in this case, to occur at the desired point so that I could make sure the
> second catch would work.
>
> Then, inspiration dawned. I tried adding 'throw new
> InstantiantionException();' as the last statement in the try block,
> executed the code, and BINGO, the InstantiationException occurred. My
> second catch block was invoked and did what it was supposed to do.
>
> Well, this is no great miracle by any stretch of the imagination and it
> seems blindingly obvious as I mention it now; many of you are probably
> yawning as I mention it. Then again, I had wondered for quite some time
> how I could make this happen but never quite got around to researching a
> solution.
>
> On the theory that others might be in the same position, I thought I'd
> post this in case it helps anyone else who has been scratching their heads
> over how to do the same thing. Maybe someone will benefit from this note,
> either now, or in the future via the newsgroup archive.
>
> By the way, although I've posted this to comp.lang.java.databases, this
> technique will work with non-database code too; I just found that the need
> for this technique seemed to happen more in database code than in regular
> code.
>
> Oh, what the heck, I'm going to crosspost this to
> comp.lang.java.programmer; maybe someone there will benefit too :-)

    For further reading, see
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/statements.html#14.20.1

<quote>
If execution of the try block completes abruptly because of a throw of a
value V, then there is a choice:

    * If the run-time type of V is assignable to the Parameter of any catch
clause of the try statement, then the first (leftmost) such catch clause is
selected. The value V is assigned to the parameter of the selected catch
clause, and the Block of that catch clause is executed. If that block
completes normally, then the try statement completes normally; if that block
completes abruptly for any reason, then the try statement completes abruptly
for the same reason.
</quote>

In other words, it'll try to use the first catch statement it sees, and if
that catch can't handle the exception, it'll try to use the second one, and
so on.

Also, as an aside, if you use Eclipse as your IDE, it should tell you when
it detects that a certain catch block will never be reached (if, for
example, that exception is never thrown within the try block, or if a
previous catch block will always handle any exception that this catch block
might have handled).

    - Oliver

0
owong (6178)

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // error } Inside(final int y) { super(new Object() { int r = y; }); // correct } } } " Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without error and produces the correct code. In what sense is it an 'error'? It is not a compiler error, it is not a runtime error. To quote Douglas Adams "this must be some new meaning of the word 'error' with which I am unfamiliar". Any idea what's gone wrong? In article <gepkhr$rop$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Anon <blackhole@nowhere.com> wrote: > The Java language specification claims in: > 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations [<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.8. 7.1>] > Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without > error and ...

Good day to all, I have installed the j2se/netbeans binary bundle on red hat 9. I can run everything perfectly as root but when I try to compile with any other user I get: Error occurred during intialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object When I saw this it seemed like a permissions problem but I checked the permissions and everything seemed fine. All users have execute permissions of javac and java. I have read other threads dealing with the same or similar problem but have not reached any solution yet. I would appreciate if anyone that has run into this type of problem and has solved it if he/she could give me a hand or if anyone could just point out what I should be looking for in this type of problem. Thanks in advance... gek ...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin" <gavin.emp...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,G'day. Please note that starting a post'ssubject line with words in '['/']' will causethem to be hidden in the the GG groups list.I suggest not to do that, so everyone can seethe entire subject line.> I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoney> in this manner:...> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );...> Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,> java.lang.String)> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() )> ^>> Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declared> method parameters.Do they? Your code snippets do not supportthat, or more accurately, if we had an SSCCE*,we could confirm that for ourselves.>..So that can't be the problem. What am I doing> wrong ?...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)
Hi, I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got this: Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object ?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct version. Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance... Courtney ...

Understanding error masking in error handling...
Hey all :) I was wondering about the $error_types (I particularly notice the 's' suffix when reading the manual) parameter for 'set_error_handler()': Can be used to mask the triggering of the error_handler function just like the error_reporting ini setting controls which errors are shown. Without this mask set the error_handler will be called for every error regardless to the setting of the error_reporting setting. And, in my php.ini I have, error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE Which - I think - means something like "E_ALL and less severe AND NOT E_NOTICE in pa...

Error directing BCP In errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server . Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

How to test readline errors (or read errors for that matter)
Any suggestions for how to create a test which checks if my readline error handling is working properly? How can I get readline (or read for that matter) to fail after open succeeds? -- John Wiersba jrw32982@yahoo.com wrote: > Any suggestions for how to create a test which checks if my readline > error handling is working properly? How can I get readline (or read > for that matter) to fail after open succeeds? perldoc -f readline [ snip ] If readline encounters an operating system error, $! will be set with the corresponding error message. It...

Are ActiveX Errors Handled Like VB Errors?
I have a program that goes out to a web site and works fine as long as all the objects are there. When an object is not there, I get: Runtime error '429': ActiveX Component Can't Create Object Why doesn't this code trap the error? Private Sub GetBills() On Error GoTo ExecuteError blah, blah Exit Sub ExecuteError: txtNotes.Text = txtNotes.Text & vbCrLf & _ "Error executing command in cmdSelectClient_Click" & _ vbCrLf & Err.Description End Sub The only thing I...

Error 8 Compilation Error. File permission error or DMA hardware error detected
I just upgraded my Labview code to Labview 8.5 from LV8.2.1 Then I tried to compile&nbsp;my code to get an .exe file I keep getting the following error, &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Write to Text File in AB_Engine_Update_INI_Header.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Create_INI_File.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi-&gt;AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.=========================NI-488:&nbsp; DMA hardware error detected. C:\UserData\LabView\IFX Interop Test exe\GMXiTest.ini &nbsp; I never have this problem if I compile using LV8.2.1. Please help! Thanks. &nbsp; hi there just to be sure: has 8.5 been installed under an other account than yours? make sure you have the windows access rigths to the LabVIEW - folder. Hi, Yes I have administrator rights on the PC. It was installed with full R/W permission. I saw in the forum that others are having the same problem and tried this work-around mentioned but it did not work. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=172537&amp;query...

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1311) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:738) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:1313) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1232) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithBatch(OracleStatement.java:1353) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1760) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1807) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:332) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:376) I tried starting the DB Service and the application but did not help. Looking forward for solutions. Thanks, Divs All posts should include at least a platform, and a version, bot...

SQL Errors: Where is the error?
I have just finished -- I hope I have finished -- some changes to one program of mine that has some hairy SQL. One of the SQL statments is 40 lines long. Granted it could be shorter vertically, but it is still 852 characters long. Occasionally -- read "All too often" -- while wrestling with this program, there would be an error in my SQL syntax. VFP is not terribly helpful with such error messages as Syntax error. Command is missing required clause. These are not terribly useful. Sometimes, I have hunted for minutes before realising that...

@@Error not catching error.
Hi all, I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message. I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a' to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong value. Say suppose i have statment like select * from emp where rowid = 'a' PRINT @@ERROR print 'reach' here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error. So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach' which is not happening. can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this problem. thanks in advance. (trialproduct2004@yahoo.com) writes: > I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message. > I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a' > to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong > value. > > Say suppose i have statment like > > select * from emp where rowid = 'a' > PRINT @@ERROR > print 'reach' > > here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error. > > So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach' > which is not happening. > can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this > problem. If you are on SQL 2005, you need to use TRY-CATCH. If you are using SQL 2000, you first need to upgrade to SQL 2005. In SQL 2000 you cannot detect this error, because the e...

error: error sending
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. For sending mail I configured alpine with the following line: smtp.web.de/tls/user=xxxxxxx@web.de . But every time I tried the message "error sending" occured. To figure out more details I added the parameter debug, but there was no file .pine-debug. After reading the manual I tried: alpine -d 5 and got the message: Argument Error: unknown flag "d", debugging not compiled in Before downloading the source and compile it by my self, I thought I should ask you guys for help. My pine version: alpine-2.00-5.fc11.i586 Best regards Chris...

java.lang.OutOfMemory Error
Hi, In a servlet, I am reading from the database and writing to PrintWriter stream. The database returns around 50,000 rows. I create a StringBuffer object just once outside the ResultSet loop and then append all my database data to it and write it to PrintWriter at the end of each iteration. In the beginning of each iteration I set the length of the StringBuffer to zero. I think this is an optimized code as there are no object creations inside the loop and I am re-using the same object for each iteration. But still when that loop is executed the memory consumption goes up by 50MB. I am usin...

java error handling question
I have the following segment java code in a stored procedure. I am getting a rc of 3. How can I print details of the java exception to a file? try { rc = p.waitFor(); } catch (InterruptedException intexc) { rc = 2; } } catch (Throwable t) { rc = 3; } JL Hello JL, Actually this is a good question for a java group. The way to do it is to: 1) catch Exception, or SQLException 2) Write output of exception functions printStackTrace() and/or getMessage() to file. Regards, Ron DBA Infopower http://www.dbainfopower.com Standard disclaimer: http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html "John Leslie" <johnleslie@madasafish.com> wrote in message news:4412dd31.0402110124.31960fc6@posting.google.com... > I have the following segment java code in a stored procedure. > > I am getting a rc of 3. > > How can I print details of the java exception to a file? > > try { > rc = p.waitFor(); > } catch (InterruptedException intexc) { rc = 2; } > > } catch (Throwable t) { rc = 3; } > > JL ...

error with ERROR function
Hi all, I'm getting an error when I use the "error" function. Here is the error message: ---------------------------------------- ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5p1\mese\user_functions\ssave.m On line 765 ==> error('ERROR e43: Initial Operating Point file cannot be found'); ---------------------------------------- What matrix is it refering to? thanks, SK "Saif K" <buckeyeforever2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eee53de.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi all, > > I'm getting an error when I use the "error" function. > > Here is the error message: > > ---------------------------------------- > ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. > > Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5p1\mese\user_functions\ssave.m > On line 765 ==> error('ERROR e43: Initial Operating > Point file cannot be found'); > ---------------------------------------- > > What matrix is it refering to? Set a breakpoint on line 765 of ssave (click on the line next to the line number in the MATLAB Editor.) When MATLAB pauses execution on that line and shows the debug prompt (K>>) check your workspace. You likely have a matrix named error that is being used instead of the error function and that matrix has fewer than 117 elements (the ASCII code for 'u', the last character in your string in ASCII code order). -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com ...

error C2197 error
Hello I am getting this error: error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters Error executing cl.exe. The offending line is: if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000, pProviderList)) != 0) // this one { goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList; } I am converting this C code into C++. Is the problem that compiler does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList? How can I fix? Angus wrote: > Hello > > I am getting this error: > > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters > Error executing cl.exe. > > The offending line is: > > if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000, > pProviderList)) != 0) // this one > { > goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList; > } > > I am converting this C code into C++. Is the problem that compiler > does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList? > How can I fix? Specific implementations and their diagnostics are off-topic for this group, but see the following link: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117428> Angus wrote, On 14/02/07 17:41: > Hello > > I am getting this error: > > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters > Error executing cl.exe. This error message says the function does not take any parameters. > The offending line is: >...

java.lang.NumberFormatException error
Hi, I've been getting this error in the command window... it is a large stack so please bear with me: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices.createStackInfo(MatlabDeb ugServices.java:740) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices$StackDispatch.completed(M atlabDebugServices.java:1662) at com.mathworks.jmi.Matlab$CompletionHandler.messageReceived(Matlab.java :2079) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.dispatchMessage(MWLooper.java: 412) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.runBridge(MWLooper.java:557) at com.mathworks.services.message.MWLooper.run(MWLooper.java:526) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.mathworks.mlservices.MatlabDebugServices.createStackInfo(MatlabDeb ugServices.java:740) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$Builder.run(StackComboBox. java:174) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$StackCallback.matlabEvent( StackComboBox.java:140) at com.mathworks.mlwidgets.stack.StackComboBox$DBStackCallback.matlabEven t(StackComboBox.java:303) at com.ma...

class for database handling errors
Hi Everyone, I'm currently developing a class for a database, each object of the class will establish a connection to the database on a remote server and and all of this happens on the constructor. So there are cases when the connection can fail during the initial setup in the constructor and i was wondering how to send this error to the caller. Is it a good design to throw exceptions from the constructor? or is there any other alternative? Thanks in advance ! ! ! Rahul wrote: > I'm currently developing a class for a database, each object of the > class will establish...

java.lang.UnsupportedClass error
> java -jar squirrel-sql-2.4-install.jar> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/> izforge/i> zpack/installer/Installer (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown So...

error in, error out clusters.
Dear all, &nbsp; I am new user for Labview software. I try to create a Visa Configuration Serial Port but, the error occurred, message&nbsp;as: &nbsp; "You have two or more cluster data types wired together, but the clusters have different kinds or numbers of elements.Cluster Cluster 2, a cluster of 1 element, conflicts with cluster error in (no error), a cluster of 3 elements." &nbsp; My cluster include the function of: 1) boolean Properties 2) Numeric Properties 3) String Properties &nbsp; Q:&nbsp;how to create these 3 function in&nbsp;cluster? ...

Web resources about - Testing Error Handling for Unusual Database Errors - comp.lang.java.programmer

Automobile handling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Automobile handling and vehicle handling are descriptions of the way wheeled vehicles perform transverse to their direction of motion, particularly ...

New Facebook SDK For IOS Adds Automatic Error Handling, Improved Login UI
... software-development kit for iOS is now available for download , with significant enhancements including a beta test of automatic error handling ...

Handling Disputes and Refunds
Handling Disputes and Refunds

Facebook Shares Stats on How Users are Handling the Latest Privacy Changes
Facebook’s traffic has yet to be affected by the aggressive privacy changes it made at the beginning of December, from what data we can see — ...

Handling five billion sessi
... into their mobile apps. Skip to main content Engineering Blog Have an account? Sign in Search form Search All Twitter Blogs &nbsp Handling five ...

Customer Service Handling
This group is for people in customer service profession facing the customer either in person or over phone.

Avocado Meal Planner - Meal planning, recipe handling and grocery shopping made easy on the App Store ...
Get Avocado Meal Planner - Meal planning, recipe handling and grocery shopping made easy on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Vintage Ad #964: Students deserve Special Handling at Bob Jones University - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I recently acquired a large number of Christian lifestyle magazines from the 60s and 70s. This ad features an institution that has tended to ...

How to Fly the P-47: Ground Handling, Take-Off, Normal Flight, Landing - 1943 - WDTVLIVE42 - YouTube
Demonstrates procedures in flying the P-47. Includes preflight and cockpit checks, warm-up, taxiing, cruising, banking, stalling, speeds for ...

34% Rate Obama’s Handling of Government Spending As Good or Excellent
Voters continue to question President Obama's handling of issues related to government spending and taxes. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone ...