Using JAXP 1.3 with J2EE 1.3.1

I am trying to use the new XInclude feature of JAXP 1.3 (unbundled)
but
I am restricted to J2EE 1.3.1  . I have already placed the dom.jar,
sax.jar
xalan.jar and xercesImple.jar in the <java_home>jre/lib/ext/ directory
(using the endorsed directory is for JDK 1.4 .   But the sample
XInlcude demo
included will not compile.  What info I could find said not to add the
jaxp-api.jar (Have tried it with and with out still doesnt work

The main method of the of the class is below with
the line causing the problem marked

Any help/pointer would be greatly appreciated .
Am using eclipse 3.0 as an editor and am sure there is no
problem there

 public static void main(String argv[])
    {

        if (argv.length < 2)
        {
            printUsage();
            System.exit(1);
        }
        try
        {

 -->        DocumentBuilderFactory dbf =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
            // make parser xinclude aware by setting the XIncludeAware
to true.
            dbf.setXIncludeAware(true);
            dbf.setNamespaceAware(true);
            // parse the xml file.
            DocumentBuilder parser = dbf.newDocumentBuilder();
            parser.setErrorHandler(new ErrorHandlerImpl());
            Document doc = parser.parse(argv[0]);
            // write the output to specified file.
            DOMImplementation impl = doc.getImplementation();
            DOMImplementationLS implLS = (DOMImplementationLS)
impl.getFeature("LS", "3.0");
            DOMErrorHandlerImpl eh = new DOMErrorHandlerImpl();
            Output out = new Output();

            LSSerializer writer = implLS.createLSSerializer();
            writer.getDomConfig().setParameter("error-handler", new
DOMErrorHandlerImpl());
            out.setSystemId(argv[1]);
            writer.write(doc, out);
            System.out.println("//////// finished /////////");

        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            System.out.println("Error occurred" + ex);
        }