Using JMX with JDK 1.4.2

Hi,

Can anyone help me get JMX working with JDK 1.4.2? I'm trying to follow
the tutorial at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jmx/tutorial/intro.html. I've
downloaded the Sun JMX Reference Implementation from
http://java.sun.com/products/JavaManagement/download.html but none of
the jars contain the java.lang.management namespace which should
contain the ManagementFactory class.

I can't use JMX without this class can I?  If not, where can I find
this class?

Thanks in anticipation,
Paul

0
tarfax (2)

ok, I found the answer from this URL
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jmx.html

It says:

If you wish to run this application on J2SE 1.4, you need to change the
line mbs = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();.
to mbs = MBeanServerFactory.createMBeanServer("SimpleAgent");

amongs other things...