Microsoft JVM looks like it will return!

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/apr04/04-02SunAgreementPR.asp
- Mitch

0
neutron (2)
4/5/2004 10:05:26 PM
comp.lang.java.security 1502 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:05:26 -0400, "Michel Gallant"
<neutron@NOSPAMistar.ca> wrote or quoted :

>http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/apr04/04-02SunAgreementPR.asp

that's a good thing. Wherever MS can do better than Sun, it will put
pressure on Sun to improve. It was too bad to waste all the work MS
did on their JVM.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
Roedy

What Will The Future Look Like? WAS: Where Will The Future Look Like?
Now that is an interesting question. Consider that 20 years ago the Mac had just been launched, color monitors were the exception, and there were no networks to speak of, much less the Internet. Single process CPUs ran 16 bit code at 20-30 mhz, a megabyte was all the ram you needed, and 40 mb hard drives were state of the art technology. Modems ran at a blazing 14.4 speed, and the floppy disk was the standard for file transfer. Twenty years from now? Information will be everywhere. Books in libraries will be as obsolete as the horse and buggy. The entire accumulated knowledge of mankind ...

Looks like Java's future is secure
Based on this recent article, it look like Java isn't going anywhere for a while: <http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20100330/tc_nf/72477> "Java To Flourish "... Sun's Java products appear poised to continue to flourish. In a recent report on Oracle's road map for Java, IDC estimated that Java will maintain a close and busy relationship with eight million developers worldwide -- right across its many varieties and supported form factors. IDC analysts also note that Oracle has forged its entire software strategy around the Java platform." -- Lew You a...

SN#22863 Sun HotSpot Java Virtual Machine and JRockit JVM Will Likely Merge
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 144 Issue 4 2010-02-25 Article 22863 from section "Java Technology" Single JVM Based on Both Expected Within Two Years Although in the short term, development will continue in parallel on both the Sun HotSpot Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and the JRockit JVM that Oracle acquired from BEA Systems, the most informed speculation is that, eventually, a single JVM based on both technologies is expected within the coming 18 months to two years, or so writes Paul Krill in InfoWorld. Details at http://sun.sys...

An NT Security Gotcha that looks like a Jet Security issue
I am posting this to the newsgroup because I wasted some time on Friday troubleshooting a problem of my own making. Other people might benefit from hearing about it. I'm working on the final touches to an app that's going to be run by 3 people in an office from their workstations, and about 10 other people remotely via Windows Terminal Server. The TS is set up and operating beautifully (I'm not the client's sysadmin, but I *trained* the guy who is, so I've been given full administrative control). I had done all my testing via the Terminal Server and had forgotten that I...

Hi, I am new to DB2. I am getting this error while loading the DB2Driver. I don't have any idea about where i might have gone wrong. please help me. Below is the stack trace. Stack Trace: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.SQLAllocEnv(Native Method) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:245) at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<clinit>(DB2Driver.java:130) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Cla...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2010 Looks Like Another Ribbon-Like Fiasco (Revenues Down Sharply)

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA <-=meak=-@ammy.com.invalid> wrote in message news:BBtmb.41799$h47.2252@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA > > How far did you get ? Post up your own attempt to do this and then we will point out where you are going wrong. I will give you a starter :- Write an agent in script ...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA ...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA Off the top of my head with no testing: Create an agent. Run from Actions Menu. Sub Initialize Dim ns As New NotesSession Dim dbCurrent As NotesDatabase Dim docJunk As NotesDocument Dim SomeValue As Variant Dim x As Long Set dbCurrent = ns.CurrentDatabase For x = 1 To 500000 Set docJunk = dbCurrent.CreateDocument ' Set some fields on the document before saving it. Call docJunk.Replac...

Where Will The Future Look Like?
What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... On 2005-05-26 23:44:52 -0400, Justin <jclapp@clarku.edu> said: > What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? > What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac > operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... Pardon me, the title should have been WHAT will the future look like On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:44:52 ...

Java Fonts under Microsoft JVM
Hello, I have an applet which I want to run under various VM's, including the Microsoft VM that (used to) be part of Internet Explorer. When I create a font for a component, as so: setFont (new Font ("DIALOG", Font.PLAIN, 20)); the font show up just right -- it's 20 units high. Except when the applet is running inside the Microsoft VM, which always shows the same, small, sans-serif font. Has anyone else experienced this, and found a workaround? Thanks! Gregory Hassett "Gregory Hassett" <ghassett@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bdhncc$smm$1@n...

java.security.acl.Permission vs java.security.Permission
Hi Interfaces in java.security.acl package accept java.security.acl.Permission interface as their parameters, not java.security.Permission. Why is it so? Why there are two different Permissions which are seem to be related, and can be one. Amir Pashazadeh ...

Web resources about - Microsoft JVM looks like it will return! - comp.lang.java.security

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message